• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I was recently told how Daisy's redesign was based on another character from Mario Golf. I had no idea, but check this out (for those who didn't know already):
From her debut in 1989 to Super Smash Bros. Melee in 2001, Daisy looked like this:

Towards the end of this period, in 1999, Mario Golf for the N64 marked the debut of Azalea:

Azalea appears to be a tribute to Daisy, what with her physical appearance, being champion of the Dunes course, oh and the fact that in Hebrew, Azalea means "Flower" and in Greek Azalea means "Dry". But notice her shoulder-length, flipped back hair, a fairer complexion, and the use two shades of orange in her clothing, because these were incorporated in Daisy's redesign beginning with Mario Party 4 in 2002:

Neat, huh?
So what about Azalea, who hasn't appeared since 2004? Since Azalea never appeared in a game alongside Daisy, could they be the same person? Perhaps Daisy went by a different alias during a phase? Or is Azalea Daisy's long-lost sister (apparently Daisy and Peach are cousins)?
Or else if you don't believe in internal consistencies than it can just be noted that the two characters merged. :)
I forget this is a thing at times, but yeah, interesting nevertheless. Funny how this isn't the only time Nintendo has done this in some way. Sakurai's Ado and Adeline has been in that same circumstance, either being one in the same or relatives of some kind.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Thank you so much Azure!!!
You're welcome, I can do what I do. ;)

Can't hang here any longer since the guy behind the Operation Tachibana movement wants to speak with me. I'm guessing that the guy realize how little advertisement his video had gotten and he needs a Plan B to have more participants in it.

CormyCat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
QueenC
3DS FC
1289-8200-0643
Am I the only one that finds it ironic that Daisy is all about flowers and well, daisies, yet she rules a desert?
Doesn't the name "Sarasaland" come from the flower textures found on 'calico textiles imported by Portuguese traders from India to Japan' and then Daisy's name is based on the kingdom she rules? Regardless, it's still pretty cool that she rules the desert kingdom, especially if you take her flower abilities into account. You could picture it like she brings flowers and life to this otherwise somewhat desolate kingdom and that could be one of the reasons she's princess. I dunno just something I thought up there.

Oh. Well, if that's the case, then I'm convinced it's fake, cause there's no way in hell the quality of that screenshot would ever look that bad with a low poly model such as that.
And like I said, I'm convinced that's just the Smash 4 trophy anyways.
I gotsta agree, I don't buy it. The low poly really throws it off. Although I do agree with Azure Warrior in saying It's pretty safe to say K.Rool is probably going to be DLC. At least I think so.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Doesn't the name "Sarasaland" come from the flower textures found on 'calico textiles imported by Portuguese traders from India to Japan' and then Daisy's name is based on the kingdom she rules? Regardless, it's still pretty cool that she rules the desert kingdom, especially if you take her flower abilities into account. You could picture it like she brings flowers and life to this otherwise somewhat desolate kingdom and that could be one of the reasons she's princess. I dunno just something I thought up there.

I gotsta agree, I don't buy it. The low poly really throws it off. Although I do agree with Azure Warrior in saying It's pretty safe to say K.Rool is probably going to be DLC. At least I think so.
Yeah, hey what do you think of the people who say that the Support Peach has now become the Daisy 4 Smash community?

CormyCat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
QueenC
3DS FC
1289-8200-0643
Yeah, hey what do you think of the people who say that the Support Peach has now become the Daisy 4 Smash community?
Hmmm. I don't know honestly, having visited the "Support Peach" board maybe once before in the past I could only give a pretty un-informed opinion. When I was on it though it was all Peach, but that was a long time ago. I don't love the idea of it though. Although I'm all for supporting Daisy, I think the "support X" boards should focus on that character. It's not a place to badmouth, pooptalk or advertise other characters.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Hmmm. I don't know honestly, having visited the "Support Peach" board maybe once before in the past I could only give a pretty un-informed opinion. When I was on it though it was all Peach, but that was a long time ago. I don't love the idea of it though. Although I'm all for supporting Daisy, I think the "support X" boards should focus on that character. It's not a place to badmouth, pooptalk or advertise other characters.
Yeah, but doesn't change the fact that people are using them in hopes of gathering support for their wanted character. The Peach and to a lesser extent Luigi communities are bombarded with Daisy supporters, Wario with Waluigi DK and Diddy with K.Rool and so forth.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Shrek talk in the Mii Fighter sections are truly annoying as much as the terrible memes they post. I love the green ogre and all, but his fanbase had been slowly going down the drain since that "Shrek is Love" video happened. :facepalm:

I agree, Nintendo should heavily monitor the Miiverse Smash Support Threads at all cost since people are basically advertising and bending the rules at this point. I can see why my girlfriend purposely turns her Wi-Fi off when playing on that level since most posts are as bearable as Patcher himself.

CormyCat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
QueenC
3DS FC
1289-8200-0643
Yeah, but doesn't change the fact that people are using them in hopes of gathering support for their wanted character. The Peach and to a lesser extent Luigi communities are bombarded with Daisy supporters, Wario with Waluigi DK and Diddy with K.Rool and so forth.
Well, yeah, of course. That's true. There's nothing we can do about it except maybe not-so-secretly relish in the fact that at least it's for a character we care about! On the bright side once the ballot ends all that stuff will probably fade away anyway and we'll go back to the classics we've come to know and love; "Ow the edge" dark pit posts, Suggestive Peach/ZSS drawings and the crudely drawn genitals.

CormyCat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
QueenC
3DS FC
1289-8200-0643
Shrek talk in the Mii Fighter sections are truly annoying as much as the terrible memes they post. I love the green ogre and all, but his fanbase had been slowly going down the drain since that "Shrek is Love" video happened. :facepalm:

I agree, Nintendo should heavily monitor the Miiverse Smash Support Threads at all cost since people are basically advertising and bending the rules at this point. I can see why my girlfriend purposely turns her Wi-Fi off when playing on that level since most posts are as bearable as Patcher himself.
YES! I never really had a problem with the green memes, but "Shrek is love" brings out a whole other side of me :evil:
The monitoring on Miiverse in general could stand for a little bit more improvement anyway.

EDIT: Check it out, my first double post. Living life on the edge, there's no going back now!

Last edited:

KeyFortune

Smash Apprentice
YES! I never really had a problem with the green memes, but "Shrek is love" brings out a whole other side of me :evil:
The monitoring on Miiverse in general could stand for a little bit more improvement anyway.

EDIT: Check it out, my first double post. Living life on the edge, there's no going back now!
They especially need more improvement now that the Miiverse stage is in Smash. I can't tell you how many **** jokes I come across there.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

Shrek himself as a character is hilarious but his fan base just makes me wanna grab a HF blade and slice them in half(obviously not, just an example of what they make me feel).

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
They especially need more improvement now that the Miiverse stage is in Smash. I can't tell you how many **** jokes I come across there.
I once came across a Rosalina post there that said Nintendo should just kill her, one of the many examples of how messed up the community is.

KeyFortune

Smash Apprentice
I once came across a Rosalina post there that said Nintendo should just kill her, one of the many examples of how messed up the community is.
WTF? That's another thing I hate, is the hate some characters get. Does anyone remember that one Nintendo purist who hated Rosalina, Lucina, and other, believe it or not female Nintendo characters, so much that he wasted thousands and thousands of dollars on their amiibos so no one could enjoy them? These are the kind of people who absolutely sicken me.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
WTF? That's another thing I hate, is the hate some characters get. Does anyone remember that one Nintendo purist who hated Rosalina, Lucina, and other, believe it or not female Nintendo characters, so much that he wasted thousands and thousands of dollars on their amiibos so no one could enjoy them? These are the kind of people who absolutely sicken me.
Please don't remind me of Mariotehplumber...

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I don't think anyone would forget for what Mariotehplumer has done...

Last edited:

Zeldaisy

Smash Apprentice
My...My Wii U gamepad broke.. can someone just please send Jimmy (From Miiverse ) the Link to my website and tell him my Gamepad broke? ( ´ ー `)

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Can I just ask, if you guys think Daisy warrants a separate roster slot rather than just being an alt, what characters would you consider alt worthy?

KeyFortune

Smash Apprentice
Can I just ask, if you guys think Daisy warrants a separate roster slot rather than just being an alt, what characters would you consider alt worthy?
I don't think any character is alt. worthy. If a character has even a shred of a chance of having their own original moveset, along with being a game character, and possibly being Nintendo related, they deserve to be considered.

Alph Aran

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlphSquad
Finally found this Reddit thread from a long time ago!

Look at how many upvotes the anti-Daisy comments have....
The Smash subreddit is dead to me with its toxic circlejerking. It's only good for hype GIFs. (Just had to say it)
With that said, view these two safe fan arts I've found on DeviantArt.
Torn Daisy

The hammer is such a nice touch.

Mega Kick!!!

Pretty much what I want to happen if there was a Daisy vs Waluigi thing going on for the ballot.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Alternate slots should be restricted to characters such as Female Robin, Dark Pit, Mr. L, Dr. Mario etc. who are basically the same person.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Hey @ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan , something needs to be done about how the OP fits on mobile. Unlike the more recent support threads, our one was designed for desktops, so the text appears messy and some images are missing.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hey @ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan , something needs to be done about how the OP fits on mobile. Unlike the more recent support threads, our one was designed for desktops, so the text appears messy and some images are missing.
Gee, that might be proven a bit difficult since I'm tried fixing it many times on mobile with little luck. I think I'm better off asking some proffessionals like @Opossum or @ AEMehr AEMehr on how to fix this because of the lack of FAQS.

Hana Na Tahou

Smash Apprentice
I think it'd be neat if i could make a working Daisy model and such like someone i knew did for Klonoa. Unfortunately my mind functions at not nearly the level for that ;--; unless someone already has?

D

Deleted member

If an alt must have exactly the same moves/stats, then I think the current alts in Smash are good examples.

CormyCat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
QueenC
3DS FC
1289-8200-0643
I don't think any character SHOULD or HAS to be an alt, and that everyone deserves consideration. A character should outright NOT be an alt if they have something that makes them different/distinguishable or something that just makes it impossible without changing something important. (eg dark pits staff made him a separate character because he doesn't wield the 3 sacred treasurers and it would be weird for an alt to have a different final smash.) So my only condition to make a character alt worthy is that they fail the previous condition. I.E. they fail being not-alt worthy. Off the top of my head, Dry Bowser is a good example since it's just basically another Bowser form, the abilities don't even change. Daisy would be weird as an alt because, peaches final smash would make NO sense on her, nor does she possess the ability to float and she never really plucked turnips or anything because she never appeared in that game. Although, the turnip picking isn't a huge deal.

Note: I understand the reasons for alts like koopalings and alph, and of course I'm not complaining! Alt's are the best! They allow us to play as a ton more characters that would otherwise be unavailable.

Babycowland

Smash Journeyman
I agree with pretty much everything CormyCat said. I think alts make sense when a base fighter has a moveset that is somewhat generic and could fit other characters from their series (e.g., Alph and the koopalings) or when there are multiple different versions of the base fighter in his/her series (e.g., male & female Robin, female & male Wii Fit Trainer, the villagers). While I believe that the fact that two characters look similar should be considered, I feel like whether the base fighter's moveset fits the potential alt is probably the most important thing. Alph, and, to an even greater extent, the koopalings, don't have entirely fitting final smashes; I think that's even more true for a potential Daisy alt.

I think characters like Louie and Funky Kong could work as alts. Though I like the Lucina that's in Smash 4 and would personally prefer for her to remain a separate slot, there's probably a good case for making her a Marth alt too. A Paula alt for Ness might be a little strange since she doesn't use bats in game, but I feel like as a whole it would make sense, especially since most of Ness's specials come from Paula anyway.

Last edited:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Gee, that might be proven a bit difficult since I'm tried fixing it many times on mobile with little luck. I think I'm better off asking some proffessionals like @Opossum or @ AEMehr AEMehr on how to fix this because of the lack of FAQS.
Iunno Azure, I mean the most common sense thing to do is to just keep everything centered.

For whatever reason you have somethings on the right side and that's probably why it's so weird on mobile.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Just got done centering everything in the OP, images and all. Somebody with a cellphone should be seeing no problems at the moment and I would double check with the IPhone.

Other than that, please continue with the Daisy discussions as usual. Got to do a few things on Miiverse anyway like telling Jimmy about what happened with Zeldaisy's Gamepad.

Edit: The text looks fine, but the placement of the images and spoilers looks horrid. Everything is fine on the desktop and I don't want to risk moving it in a way where it only looks great on one version.

Last edited:
Top Bottom