• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy Discussion

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The same reason why she's a controversial character with the same persistent hatedom.

We might as well be prepared for more stuff like this when we get a Smash trailer.

I hope you have your Buzzy Beetle shellmet ready (tinfoil hat).
Exactly. No matter how tall the mountains are, a tree won't simply bow to it. At least that's the Chai saying back in my day.

I'm hella ready for the future if it means having more moments like this.

And good job on your defenses Tortilla Noggin Tortilla Noggin , you did great. No matter how both sides feel, we just won't see or know if she will be a clone just yet. If you say that, I might want to take that Crystal Ball of yours to see if a Super Mario Land reboot will happen too.

We are back in business bate. Nothing will stop us.

Now let's start with a new topic. How fast should Daisy as a character be, at least depending on her outfit? I will consider adding a poll for us to vote on what costumes should be her default.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Exactly. No matter how tall the mountains are, a tree won't simply bow to it. At least that's the Chai saying back in my day.

I'm hella ready for the future if it means having more moments like this.

And good job on your defenses Tortilla Noggin Tortilla Noggin , you did great. No matter how both sides feel, we just won't see or know if she will be a clone just yet. If you say that, I might want to take that Crystal Ball of yours to see if a Super Mario Land reboot will happen too.

We are back in business bate. Nothing will stop us.

Now let's start with a new topic. How fast should Daisy as a character be, at least depending on her outfit? I will consider adding a poll for us to vote on what costumes should be her default.

Perfect. Ain't no Bombshell Koopas going to blow this Sky Pop plane down. We just have to stick with our guns just like the other grounds around here. Hell, we were often compared to our fellow Ridley peers too. We just got to be like them and humble up.

I will gladly ride this train with you and the others until we get more news or finally have Smash Switch. And I'm saying this in the most platonic way possible.

Honestly, I think she should be slightly faster than Peach at least. Given her Technique class in most games, I can't see her as being a slow character.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
And good job on your defenses Tortilla Noggin Tortilla Noggin , you did great.
Thanks. :4dedede: Though, honestly, I was just seeking out interesting discussion - I like learning about others' views, even if they differ to my own.

At the same time, I hope that you guys found my thoughts worthy of your time. I know I'm kind of an odd one out in here, in that I don't play as Daisy in her existing appearances, and won't be picking her up in Smash because I already have my one true main there, so I know that I probably see things a bit differently to the rest of you. :p

This is the case for the other characters that I support, too - I hope to see some old favourites, who were major characters in my younger years, put in an appearance, as worthy opponents, and because friends would be happy to see and play as them, and hopefully they'll bring some new stages for us all, too. And Amiibo - can't forget about Amiibo!

If you say that, I might want to take that Crystal Ball of yours to see if a Super Mario Land reboot will happen too.
:laugh:

I'd love to see that, I really would.

The notion surely seems alien to anyone now, that once upon a time, there was that duality with Game Boy installments in major franchises. Super Mario Land, Donkey Kong Land, and so on. They were both pared-down equivalents to home-console offerings, and their own things, too, all at the same time.

If only it had still persisted by the time of New Super Mario Bros.! Had that been a home-console title instead, we could've ended up with a New Super Mario Land as a companion series.

Now let's start with a new topic. How fast should Daisy as a character be, at least depending on her outfit?
Regardless of outfit, I feel that she should have something that's around Luigi's speed. But not his traction. :laugh: I think that this is probably because I'm thinking of the feel of things in Mario Party: Island Tour, where I did at one point play as Daisy, rather than any more specific reason.

I don't think that, say, something similar to Mario's speed and finnicky movement in Super Mario Land would work. Actually, though it's one of Super Mario Land's curious charms, in a game like Smash, that would be pretty horrible. :laugh:

I will consider adding a poll for us to vote on what costumes should be her default.
I'm still calling for the dress. :laugh: As ever, though, it'd be nice if the other outfits were available as alts.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Daisy's outfit IMO will depend on her moveset's inspiration.

Modern Dress: Peach clone (semi-ness TBD) or Mario Party
Sports outfit (Tank top and Shortshorts): Sports Spin-off
Classic Dress/Roy style redesign: Super Mario Land
Soccer armour: Mario Strikers
Biker Outfit: I think Wario has that covered.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Daisy's outfit IMO will depend on her moveset's inspiration.

Modern Dress: Peach clone (semi-ness TBD) or Mario Party
Sports outfit (Tank top and Shortshorts): Sports Spin-off
Classic Dress/Roy style redesign: Super Mario Land
Soccer armour: Mario Strikers
Biker Outfit: I think Wario has that covered.
This is an interesting idea.

Imagine what the Roy style redesign would look like. That would be the ultimate SML fanservice.

Luminario

Smash Lord
Daisy supporters TILL DEATH.

If we're going with the dress then she should be a little faster than Peach but with the sports outfit then she should be slightly faster than that.

You think they'd keep Peach's Daisy palette swap?

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I think Daisy's dress will always be some redesign, since all characters are reflavoured to fit Smash.
And yeah, they'll probably keep Peach's palette swap, considering Mario still has his Wario swap.
A more interesting question is whether Daisy will get a Peach swap

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The poll is up guys. Vote away and choose wisely.

Even better, explain why would you want that outfit the most in Smash?

For some reason I read this and pictured Daisy wearing Wario's biker outfit, and it looking absolutely ridiculous on her because it'd be so oversized and baggy. :laugh:
This needs to be a thing. Even if I pay for someone to commission it.

Daisy supporters TILL DEATH.

If we're going with the dress then she should be a little faster than Peach but with the sports outfit then she should be slightly faster than that.

You think they'd keep Peach's Daisy palette swap?
If Mario still has a Wario color and Luigi has a Waluigi color, what's the harm in keeping it?

Why not also give her a Peach alt for irony's sake?

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I went for the main dress. While everyone wants the Sports Costume, I would like see her with the dress since it's a big part of her character. Sure it wouldn't be as unique, but that would be like having the Magic Armor for Link in his default appearance.

That would actually look pretty neat. :laugh:

Do we know if anyone's already made an image showing how it'd look?
Got you covered.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Voted for Dress.

Not only does the poll flat out say it's the main piece of clothing, I also think it would make her very unique and would make her personality stand out if she had a moveset as mobile as ZSS's, but with a dress, showing that looking fabulous doesn't mean you can't kick some serious butt.
Yes, she has a dress on, but she will still jump, dive and kick around projectiles in your face

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
This needs to be a thing. Even if I pay for someone to commission it.
If I were half as good at drawing humans as I am at drawing penguins, I'd give it a try. But I'm not. :laugh: I can so easily imagine Daisy looking annoyed about it, too - it'd look hilarious.

The poll is up guys. Vote away and choose wisely.

Even better, explain why would you want that outfit the most in Smash?
"Main Dress" is my vote. Reason being, it's an improved-upon, more modern (relatively speaking, since it's been around for years) version of her classic look, which I've always felt looks better than the original did. The old dress was too similar to Peach's and was a bit bland, I think, whereas the "modern" one gives Daisy her own motifs.

Got you covered.

Thanks very much!

It's as novel and amusing as I'd hoped it would be. :laugh:

Yes, she has a dress on, but she will still jump, dive and kick around projectiles in your face
And that is so her. :laugh:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I went for the main dress. While everyone wants the Sports Costume, I would like see her with the dress since it's a big part of her character. Sure it wouldn't be as unique, but that would be like having the Magic Armor for Link in his default appearance.

Got you covered.

That's pretty much my reasoning for the dress too. Sure the Strikers and DIHSO costumes are awesome, but they just don't scream "iconic" when it comes to her as a character. Peach get the same outfits and they aren't that unique to her.

May I say that Peach Daisy alt is perfect?

Voted for Dress.

Not only does the poll flat out say it's the main piece of clothing, I also think it would make her very unique and would make her personality stand out if she had a moveset as mobile as ZSS's, but with a dress, showing that looking fabulous doesn't mean you can't kick some serious butt.
Pretty much.

She would still kick *** and take names while wearing a dress. At least in a less oblivious and dainty manner like Peach.

Last edited:

Luminario

Smash Lord
Loving the Daisy alt, they have to do that in the game.

Like everyone else said the dress is iconic. Using an outfit from the sports games would suit her athletic personality but her dress is essentially her base form and the outfit that can bring the sports, Party and Land series' together.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So far, the main dress is the most popular option. And for good reasons too.

I like where this is going.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
So far, the main dress is the most popular option. And for good reasons too.

I like where this is going.
I think my choce is obvious, the dress.

Got you covered.

I'll take the green one and the :4peach: color scheme pls.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I think my choce is obvious, the dress.
Uh uh uh. You would have to tell me why do you want the dress too Ark. :p

And by the way, should the alts have some room in the OP, or someone else should make their own?

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Same. The green one would wisely be the best green alt I've seen for her so fat. The use of white really balances everything out.

I reckon that there's nothing wrong with using those, as long as the original source is credited. That's just my thinking on it, though.
This. It's good enough.

Though there's also nothing wrong with seeing someone do some alts of it. Not that I would do a good job with Photoshop. lol

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Uh uh uh. You would have to tell me why do you want the dress too Ark. :p

And by the way, should the alts have some room in the OP, or someone else should make their own?
That's simple. It's her classic look and the one I am used to the most. And as for the Peach color scheme, that's mainly because of irony. Btw, I agree with what Tortilla said about the alts.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I reckon that there's nothing wrong with using those, as long as the original source is credited. That's just my thinking on it, though.
This. It's good enough.

Though there's also nothing wrong with seeing someone do some alts of it. Not that I would do a good job with Photoshop. lol
That's great. I'll find some room in the first post to add the alts and give credit to the artist.

They are too good to ignore IMO.

EDIT: They are there. Enjoy their placement?

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
That's great. I'll find some room in the first post to add the alts and give credit to the artist.

They are too good to ignore IMO.

EDIT: They are there. Enjoy their placement?
Good onya love. The placement is just right and the artist at least had a mention.

The OP just feels so right now that the colors were included.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Perfect. With the spoiler-tags collapsed, it's like they're one last thing to provide the imagination with an idea of how Daisy could look in-game.
Even clicking the image will take you to the source of it.

Interesting, but I can tell that's not intentional. :laugh:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think for Daisy's "normal" dress, if that ends up being her Smash costume, it will get improved like Peach's but not in the same way. give the petticoats a more floral cut to them.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I think for Daisy's "normal" dress, if that ends up being her Smash costume, it will get improved like Peach's but not in the same way. give the petticoats a more floral cut to them.
Pretty much and that's fine since I love the amount of detail they put into Peach's dress.

Seeing that same amount of care put into Daisy's would be just as good.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
You are really just pulling a lot of stuff from Mario Sports games togheter in order to make sense. Which it still doesn't. I never saw Daisy punch someone in the nose, so why would she do so in Smash? Creative liberty can be used sure, but you Daisy supporters have a huge tendency to stretch that out till it's simply not feasable anymore.

Skip to like 1:47.

She's got a heck of a haymaker.

From Mario party 3 story mode.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

Skip to like 1:47.

She's got a heck of a haymaker.

From Mario party 3 story mode.
Classic Mario feats.

This is the same universe where Mario lifts and kicked a castle away like its nothing in Super Mario World.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Classic Mario feats.

This is the same universe where Mario lifts and kicked a castle away like its nothing in Super Mario World.
Oh yeah I forgot he could do that. Why didn't THAT help him in his death battle?

Maybe they took the Flash animations of the castle kicking his butt as canon instead.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Oh yeah I forgot he could do that. Why didn't THAT help him in his death battle?

Maybe they took the Flash animations of the castle kicking his butt as canon instead.
Or Bowser surviving a freaking supernova (Yet Ganondorf still murdered him). Why can't that Koopa just die?

They probably though Sonic far stronger thanks to his Super Form and better speed. But this isn't much of a Dead Battle topic.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Or Bowser surviving a freaking supernova (Yet Ganondorf still murdered him). Why can't that Koopa just die?

They probably though Sonic far stronger thanks to his Super Form and better speed. But this isn't much of a Dead Battle topic.
Continuing on them ignoring the castle feat, Luigi did the same thing yet he lost to Tails. I guess 10 tons over castles anyday.

Though let's stay in topic.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Well you fine folks I may be largely indifferent to Daisy but I'm glad you are here to love your favorite character in the face of adversity. Splendid work Tortilla Noggin Tortilla Noggin for that professional rebuttal. As someone who frequented the K. Rool thread and who's initial ballot was Ridley, I know Daisy and her fans get plenty of people who want to make you all feel unwelcome here, so the feeling's mutual.

Another name to support the Girl in Yellow, if only to see her fans excited.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Well you fine folks I may be largely indifferent to Daisy but I'm glad you are here to love your favorite character in the face of adversity. Splendid work Tortilla Noggin Tortilla Noggin for that professional rebuttal. As someone who frequented the K. Rool thread and who's initial ballot was Ridley, I know Daisy and her fans get plenty of people who want to make you all feel unwelcome here, so the feeling's mutual.

Another name to support the Girl in Yellow, if only to see her fans excited.
Hey Aaron, long time no see. At least you can be a pretty understanding guy around here.

And does that mean you want to be on the list?

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Hey Aaron, long time no see. At least you can be a pretty understanding guy around here.

And does that mean you want to be on the list?
Yes, I'd love to be added to the list! I've made plenty of mistakes in the past, even here on this very forum (it involved a very unkind remark about Wonder Red which I still regret) but I've learned to be a better person.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Yes, I'd love to be added to the list! I've made plenty of mistakes in the past, even here on this very forum (it involved a very unkind remark about Wonder Red which I still regret) but I've learned to be a better person.
Thank you. And you are now one of us.

It's always good to learn from your mistakes since it's a part of life. I used to be heavily against Snake and all about cuts because of Pac-Man of all things and roster speculation Now here I am being much more humble and remembering how big of a deal his inclusion was in Brawl. Ever since, I never really detract because of slots anymore.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Also, for the record, I voted for the Strikers outfit. But that's because Strikers is my top favorite sports game series of all time and it's a disgrace that we lack content from it.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Also, for the record, I voted for the Strikers outfit. But that's because Strikers is my top favorite sports game series of all time and it's a disgrace that we lack content from it.
Nothing wrong with that. Strikers only got nothing but trophies in Brawl and nada in Smash 4, which is small when they have enough material to pull. The Striker outfits would work well enough as costumes for the Mario characters. Hell, even a stadium from Charged would be a unique stage with the electrical walls.

If there was an opportunity to choose a spinoff outfit for Daisy instead of the dress, that would be my choice too.

Top Bottom