• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy Discussion

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Too bad you jinxed it Daisy confirmed to have Pac-Man's grab.
That's fine with me, because it's very easy to punish. ;)

Seriously, though, how would a grab like that actually work for Daisy, drawing on her game appearances? I'm drawing a blank, for some reason. :laugh:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Not neccesarily Tatanga, the zombie enemie could work just as well
Oh Pionpis. Those annoying jiang-shi can probably work as inspiration. Being hopping vanpire corpses that would normally grab their victims for blood.

Not that Daisy needs to suck blood herself.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Oh Pionpis. Those annoying jiang-shi can probably work as inspiration. Being hopping vanpire corpses that would normally grab their victims for blood.

Not that Daisy needs to suck blood herself.
And now I'm picturing Daisy lunging out in a zombie like manner to grab her foes.

Not a very serious sight, but very funny.

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
Yes, well...I shall support Daisy in being a newcomer to the theoretical Smash. I like Daisy the same as I do Peach, and y'all's idea for move sets really made my day. :)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Yes, well...I shall support Daisy in being a newcomer to the theoretical Smash. I like Daisy the same as I do Peach, and y'all's idea for move sets really made my day. :)
Thanks. The Daisy fandom can be respectable with these moves ideas, most being from former supporters pre-Smash 4. I'm glad they were able to make your day. And you like both Peach and Daisy? That's even better.

Yes, I'll made sure to add you right way. Welcome aboard the Daisy Gardens (which is kind of an old name we used long ago).

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Thanks. The Daisy fandom can be respectable with these moves ideas, most being from former supporters pre-Smash 4. I'm glad they were able to make your day. And you like both Peach and Daisy? That's even better.

Yes, I'll made sure to add you right way. Welcome aboard the Daisy Gardens (which is kind of an old name we used long ago).
Hey, would it be too much to ask if you could add WeirdChillFever's and my own moveset for diversity?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hey, would it be too much to ask if you could add WeirdChillFever's and my own moveset for diversity?
There wouldn't be much trouble.

There's reason why I reserved a new post just for the movesets by themselves since the current OP is too big. So sure, I would add yours and WCF's when both are complete.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
There wouldn't be much trouble.

There's reason why I reserved a new post just for the movesets by themselves since the current OP is too big. So sure, I would add yours and WCF's when both are complete.
Thanks. Although mine's complete thanks to Aussie giving it the finishing touch it needed.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Thanks. Although mine's complete thanks to Aussie giving it the finishing touch it needed.
Well. I'll definitely add it after moving all the movesets to the second post.

It's the least I can do to avoid the OP from "crashing" again like the last few years.

EDIT: I've added you to the support list Keyblade. Welcome back.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Well. I'll definitely add it after moving all the movesets to the second post.

It's the least I can do to avoid the OP from "crashing" again like the last few years.

EDIT: I've added you to the support list Keyblade. Welcome back.
Looking good. Which begs the question, what can the extra room be used for?

All that's left is to add WeirdChillFever's updated Strikers moveset whenever he's ready.

Thatkidwiththeafro

The Pink Panther's Bro!
NNID
Mr.F-ZeroBias
Remember me, my name is Afro, Smashboards member with the really large hair!....

In other words, Afro's second Daisy support season has began.... - Afro

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Remember me, my name is Afro, Smashboards member with the really large hair!....

In other words, Afro's second Daisy support season has began.... - Afro
Good to see you hear Afro. I definitely remember you as one of the more enthusiastic fans here.

The game is the same as the first one, we have to stay mostly on the topic of Daisy and Smash. Some Mario stuff is fine. But things like your stories is best kept in the old place (Daisy group or "Hidden" Daisy thread).

Glad to have you back on board my Thomas loving friend. ;)

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
New topic, should Daisy fight with her dress or she would wear her more spinoff oriented clothing like the Tennis Costume (Or even the Strikers Gear)?

I'm surprised you never made a poll like the old place.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
New topic, should Daisy fight with her dress or she would wear her more spinoff oriented clothing like the Tennis Costume (Or even the Strikers Gear)?

Simple. I felt a poll wasn't really needed because everyone has their own opinion on how they feel about Daisy's attire for Smash. The orange dress is a part of her most iconic appearance while most want her to have the sports outfit for "muh uniqueness", hence DIHSO being a meme on Gamefaqs.

I would like the Sports Outfit or Strikers costume, but I wouldn't lose my sleep over her being true to her out iconic form.

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

While I would like her to be in her sports outfit more, I can see her dress being more likely.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
While I would like her to be in her sports outfit more, I can see her dress being more likely.
This is the same for me. While I would like the sports costume, I definitely feel that Sakurai would go for her more common appearance in non-athletic Mario games and her debut appearance (minus the tan).

Not that I have an issue with it since she is a princess after all.

Simple. I felt a poll wasn't really needed because everyone has their own opinion on how they feel about Daisy's attire for Smash. The orange dress is a part of her most iconic appearance while most want her to have the sports outfit for "muh uniqueness", hence DIHSO being a meme on Gamefaqs.

I would like the Sports Outfit or Strikers costume, but I wouldn't lose my sleep over her being true to her out iconic form.
What does DIHSO stand for again? It's been a while.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
What does DIHSO stand for again? It's been a while.
Daisy In Her Sports Outfit. That's what DIHSO stands for. I'm not sure whether Micheallol or @StarCrystal20 (I can't seem to tag him anymore) coined the term. Not like it's best to talk about the former around here.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Daisy In Her Sports Outfit. That's what DIHSO stands for. I'm not sure whether Micheallol or @StarCrystal20 (I can't seem to tag him anymore) coined the term. Not like it's best to talk about the former around here.
Oh, makes sense. And yeah, no Llol (Not like he's around Gamefaqs anymore).

Also, what are the odds that some old faces like Guybrush20X6 Guybrush20X6 , @HanAmes, and the others would show up?

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Not neccesarily Tatanga, the zombie enemie could work just as well
Ugh! :sick: :laugh:

It's gotta be the dress, for me. But, that said, there's nothing saying that she can't have the other outfits as alts!

This is the same for me. While I would like the sports costume, I definitely feel that Sakurai would go for her more common appearance in non-athletic Mario games and her debut appearance (minus the tan).
But Daisy didn't have a tan in her debut appearance. :confused:

http://i.imgur.com/nsqLY1h.png

That was added, and then removed again, much later.

Not that I have an issue with it since she is a princess after all.
It's got to at least be a bit frayed and worn at the bottom edges, as @Luminario suggested! :laugh:

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm not too sure about what outfit she'd have. It would depend on her moveset.

When you look at the existing Mario cast Rosalina represents the Galaxy subseries and Bowser Jr represents the now ironically named news subseries with a little Mario Kart flavor in his side-B.

I've always been of the mind that Daisy (and Waluigi) should represent aspects of the Mario Spin-offs as that's where she's most prominent (and where he came into existence.) Not like we're left wanting for series and ideas to chose from. There's Mario Tennis where Daisy came back from obscurity (and one movie) to give Peach a doubles partner, there's Mario Party where her modern look debuted (Mario Party 4), there the Mario Golf series, there's Mario Kart, Mario Baseball and if you want a little inexplicable edge, Mario Strikers.

That said, there's more than a few intresting elements from Super Mario Land that other games haven't returned to. Princess Peach's moveset is basically Super Mario Bros 2/USA in Smash form maybe Daisy could do the same. Long story short, idea 1: Sports outfit, idea 2: Princess Dress (maybe mix and match the different designs like they did for Roy)

What I don't want of Daisy is for her whole character to be summoning flowers. Daisy's got a lotta haters and she doesn't need the Lip fanbase on her back too.

Freduardo

Smash Champion

When you look at the existing Mario cast Rosalina represents the Galaxy subseries and Bowser Jr represents the now ironically named news subseries with a little Mario Kart flavor in his side-B.

I've always been of the mind that Daisy (and Waluigi) should represent aspects of the Mario Spin-offs as that's where she's most prominent (and where he came into existence.) Not like we're left wanting for series and ideas to chose from. There's Mario Tennis where Daisy came back from obscurity (and one movie) to give Peach a doubles partner, there's Mario Party where her modern look debuted (Mario Party 4), there the Mario Golf series, there's Mario Kart, Mario Baseball and if you want a little inexplicable edge, Mario Strikers.

That said, there's more than a few intresting elements from Super Mario Land that other games haven't returned to. Princess Peach's moveset is basically Super Mario Bros 2/USA in Smash form maybe Daisy could do the same. Long story short, idea 1: Sports outfit, idea 2: Princess Dress (maybe mix and match the different designs like they did for Roy)

What I don't want of Daisy is for her whole character to be summoning flowers. Daisy's got a lotta haters and she doesn't need the Lip fanbase on her back too.
Daisy is grown up Lip. It's a conspiracy.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I think the dress is the most iconic outfit she has and unless she goes full athlete she should use it imo.
But then again I think she should go full athlete.

People say Daisy wearing her dress wouldn't be an accurate portrayal of her personality but I disagree: Fighting more roughly than Peach would make her personality stronger in-dress, as it shows she won't hold that dress to make it less dirty

Note: I'm pretty tired so this post prolly won't make much sense but eeh

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
But Daisy didn't have a tan in her debut appearance. :confused:

http://i.imgur.com/nsqLY1h.png

That was added, and then removed again, much later.
Though I was focusing more on her dress than the tan. Unlike the dress, the tan never really stuck with her, making it the least iconic part of her character recently. Why they removed it, we may never know. Probably to make her as relatable as Peach

It's got to at least be a bit frayed and worn at the bottom edges, as @Luminario suggested! :laugh:
This. I actually want Sakurai to make that happen. I would look cool and completely in character for her.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero

I think Daisy's moveset should stick to the sports games, leaving Kart and Party for Toad and maybe even leaving out most of the Tennis-core to Waluigi.

So that leaves:

-Baseball
-Golf
-Soccer
-Tennis

for Daisy

I think Baseball should have the most moves, as I think it suits Daisy very well.
This wouldn't just be a Baseball Bat FSmash, it would also involve pitching and catching balls both by jumping into the air, diving or just standing in a catching position.
Golf should stay to a minimum if it's included in the set at all, as I don't think the sport suits Daisy or is a good representation of Mario Sports games.
Tennis would've been my preferred sport to base a set around if it wasn't for Waluigi.
Soccer is very easy to make a moveset around, Strikers is very popular and it wouldn't get messy with all the props and equipment that other sports would require. If Soccer gets a role in the moveset I would personally prefer it in the normals since I don't feel the Striker specials should be included as Daisy is not known to make Crystals. Torpedo Strike could definitely work though

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Though I was focusing more on her dress than the tan. Unlike the dress, the tan never really stuck with her, making it the least iconic part of her character recently. Why they removed it, we may never know. Probably to make her as relatable as Peach

This. I actually want Sakurai to make that happen. I would look cool and completely in character for her.
When there was nothing wrong with the tan to begin with.

I'm imagining the current design with the tan and it doesn't look half bad. So much for that diversity, not to sound like a stereotypical Tumblr user.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
So Daisy can defeat gods and demons?

I can say she was holding back with her fight against Bowser.
"Cues X-Files intro theme".

Record scratch...

Cue 8 - Bit version of twilight zone theme:

You unlock this door with the key discovered by stomping on the p-switch imagination. Beyond it is another dimension - a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of koopas. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of fire flowers and warp pipes. You've just crossed over into the Mario Zone.

Imagine if you will, a yellow clad flower themed desert princess saw her platforming franchise was going nowhere for her as Tatanga became a penultimate boss and Wario conquered the mario land franchise. She saw she wasn't the only one suffering. Peach didn't even get into Mario World 2, and Mario and Luigi only did as babies.

So de-aging was a thing. Daisy decided to go younger to stay in games.

They offered her a new franchise. A puzzle franchise. Panel de Pon. Her big break would be in the USA release, they told her. That's when it'd all come together. The name change was a little weird when she thought about it. But Princess Toadstool told her it was a good idea, she was getting her's changed to Peach. It could work thematically, they could introduce a pet, a princess equivalent to Yoshi named 'fuzz'. And they'd have Lip, Peach Fuzz.

But it all seemed according to plan, Panel de Pon was indeed getting a Mario overhaul in the USA release. But Daisy didn't know how powerful yoshi was getting. Mario World 2 was just the start. He already had an NES puzzle game, they were giving him the super scope game. She tried to be the damsel in distress for that game but she saw Peach distraught outside the office. Yoshi doesn't need a princess, they said.

At least she had Japanese Panel De Pon...

Except that continues to be heartbreaking. They made her child version have to look the exact same but now call itself Furil for pokemon puzzle league.

She was fed up. She was going to be an adult, and she was going to be Daisy. And she was going to show Yoshi she still mattered in these games. At parties. On the golf lynx where her tomboyish personality shined.

She just always had to make sure her hair covered the top of her ears, they still pointed a little.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think Daisy's moveset should stick to the sports games, leaving Kart and Party for Toad and maybe even leaving out most of the Tennis-core to Waluigi.

So that leaves:

-Baseball
-Golf
-Soccer
-Tennis

for Daisy

I think Baseball should have the most moves, as I think it suits Daisy very well.
This wouldn't just be a Baseball Bat FSmash, it would also involve pitching and catching balls both by jumping into the air, diving or just standing in a catching position.
Golf should stay to a minimum if it's included in the set at all, as I don't think the sport suits Daisy or is a good representation of Mario Sports games.
Tennis would've been my preferred sport to base a set around if it wasn't for Waluigi.
Soccer is very easy to make a moveset around, Strikers is very popular and it wouldn't get messy with all the props and equipment that other sports would require. If Soccer gets a role in the moveset I would personally prefer it in the normals since I don't feel the Striker specials should be included as Daisy is not known to make Crystals. Torpedo Strike could definitely work though
Here's an idea that takes inspiration from three games in the one move. Daisy's neutral B being a projectile that can be angled. No input is a Straight ball (Baseball), angled up is a high serve (Tennis) and down is a Super Ball (Super Mario Land)

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Record scratch...

Cue 8 - Bit version of twilight zone theme:

You unlock this door with the key discovered by stomping on the p-switch imagination. Beyond it is another dimension - a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of koopas. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of fire flowers and warp pipes. You've just crossed over into the Mario Zone.

Imagine if you will, a yellow clad flower themed desert princess saw her platforming franchise was going nowhere for her as Tatanga became a penultimate boss and Wario conquered the mario land franchise. She saw she wasn't the only one suffering. Peach didn't even get into Mario World 2, and Mario and Luigi only did as babies.

So de-aging was a thing. Daisy decided to go younger to stay in games.

They offered her a new franchise. A puzzle franchise. Panel de Pon. Her big break would be in the USA release, they told her. That's when it'd all come together. The name change was a little weird when she thought about it. But Princess Toadstool told her it was a good idea, she was getting her's changed to Peach. It could work thematically, they could introduce a pet, a princess equivalent to Yoshi named 'fuzz'. And they'd have Lip, Peach Fuzz.

But it all seemed according to plan, Panel de Pon was indeed getting a Mario overhaul in the USA release. But Daisy didn't know how powerful yoshi was getting. Mario World 2 was just the start. He already had an NES puzzle game, they were giving him the super scope game. She tried to be the damsel in distress for that game but she saw Peach distraught outside the office. Yoshi doesn't need a princess, they said.

At least she had Japanese Panel De Pon...

Except that continues to be heartbreaking. They made her child version have to look the exact same but now call itself Furil for pokemon puzzle league.

She was fed up. She was going to be an adult, and she was going to be Daisy. And she was going to show Yoshi she still mattered in these games. At parties. On the golf lynx where her tomboyish personality shined.

She just always had to make sure her hair covered the top of her ears, they still pointed a little.
10/10 would make a fanfic out of.

Here's an idea that takes inspiration from three games in the one move. Daisy's neutral B being a projectile that can be angled. No input is a Straight ball (Baseball), angled up is a high serve (Tennis) and down is a Super Ball (Super Mario Land)
I agree with this idea. I'm a sucker for specials that dictate what projectile or weapon you use based on your inputs.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I agree with this idea. I'm a sucker for specials that dictate what projectile or weapon you use based on your inputs.
This reminds me a bit of Dedede's Gordo Throw move, so I must admit that I like it. (What, me biased? No. :p)

Top Bottom