• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy Discussion

Luminario

Smash Lord
BRING BACK THE DARKER SKIN!
Record scratch...

Cue 8 - Bit version of twilight zone theme:

You unlock this door with the key discovered by stomping on the p-switch imagination. Beyond it is another dimension - a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of koopas. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of fire flowers and warp pipes. You've just crossed over into the Mario Zone.

Imagine if you will, a yellow clad flower themed desert princess saw her platforming franchise was going nowhere for her as Tatanga became a penultimate boss and Wario conquered the mario land franchise. She saw she wasn't the only one suffering. Peach didn't even get into Mario World 2, and Mario and Luigi only did as babies.

So de-aging was a thing. Daisy decided to go younger to stay in games.

They offered her a new franchise. A puzzle franchise. Panel de Pon. Her big break would be in the USA release, they told her. That's when it'd all come together. The name change was a little weird when she thought about it. But Princess Toadstool told her it was a good idea, she was getting her's changed to Peach. It could work thematically, they could introduce a pet, a princess equivalent to Yoshi named 'fuzz'. And they'd have Lip, Peach Fuzz.

But it all seemed according to plan, Panel de Pon was indeed getting a Mario overhaul in the USA release. But Daisy didn't know how powerful yoshi was getting. Mario World 2 was just the start. He already had an NES puzzle game, they were giving him the super scope game. She tried to be the damsel in distress for that game but she saw Peach distraught outside the office. Yoshi doesn't need a princess, they said.

At least she had Japanese Panel De Pon...

Except that continues to be heartbreaking. They made her child version have to look the exact same but now call itself Furil for pokemon puzzle league.

She was fed up. She was going to be an adult, and she was going to be Daisy. And she was going to show Yoshi she still mattered in these games. At parties. On the golf lynx where her tomboyish personality shined.

She just always had to make sure her hair covered the top of her ears, they still pointed a little.
We're all laughing now but when Daisy gets a Lip palette swap I'm breaking out the tin foil hats.

Here's an idea that takes inspiration from three games in the one move. Daisy's neutral B being a projectile that can be angled. No input is a Straight ball (Baseball), angled up is a high serve (Tennis) and down is a Super Ball (Super Mario Land)
I really like this idea, though I was thinking of it being side B.
I think that up B can reference a specific Mario Party 5 Battle minigame where you're on a flowerbed surrounded by a tornado and you have to hit your opponents into it. Picture this, you use up B, a flowerbed appears underneath Daisy, suddenly a vortex pushes daisy up in a flurry of petals as she goes YYAAAAYYYYYHHHHAAAAA (you know the voice). It's simple and you can't move until the special is done but it's hard to punish thanks to the large windbox surrounding her pushing upwards.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
No bias at all.

Dedede is bae after all.
I have absolutely no idea what that means. :confused: Is it that even English?

I really like this idea, though I was thinking of it being side B.
I think that up B can reference a specific Mario Party 5 Battle minigame where you're on a flowerbed surrounded by a tornado and you have to hit your opponents into it. Picture this, you use up B, a flowerbed appears underneath Daisy, suddenly a vortex pushes daisy up in a flurry of petals as she goes YYAAAAYYYYYHHHHAAAAA (you know the voice). It's simple and you can't move until the special is done but it's hard to punish thanks to the large windbox surrounding her pushing upwards.
I like this. I confess, this is mainly because of the windbox. Windboxes are fun.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I have absolutely no idea what that means. :confused: Is it that even English?
It's another way of saying boyfriend or girlfriend.

Which says alot about the King or Daisy's fandom. :smirk:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
To be honest, who never saw Daisy as their waifu when they were a kid?

Though this one's pretty self explanatory.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
To be honest, who never saw Daisy as their waifu when they were a kid?

Though this one's pretty self explanatory.
Waifus as a concept didn't exist until the mid 2000's.

But having a childhood crush or fondness (for the heterosexual fans out there) of Daisy is more accurate.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
On topic, I just hope she gets a Sarasaland stage if she ever makes it in. I want to know what it would look like on modern tech
It was always a bit of a missed opportunity just making a sandy, derelict Mushroom Kingdom stage, methinks.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
And thread being deleted in 3. . .2. . . .1

On topic, I just hope she gets a Sarasaland stage if she ever makes it in. I want to know what it would look like on modern tech
Seeing what they did with the Mushroom Kingdom, I would like to see what they can do with an updated Sarasaland stage. They already shown what they can do with readapting the old levels in 3D and the desert them is sort of there (though they are going for a ancient Mushroom Kingdom approach with it). Or like the original stage, we can explore different parts of the kingdom based on what song they choose since putting all four of them together would be too much work.

The most obvious choice would be the Burabito Kingdom, pyramids and all. The Muda Kingdom (JoJoke) would probably be a water oriented stage with small platforms to hope and plenty of water. Maybe have the fish swim around in them instead of being harmful enemies. Easton would definitely be a more annoying one with rocky formations, loads of spikes, and maybe some of the bouncing boulders (rescaled) for the fights to sit on. Lastly, there's Chai. For this one, we can start off with the bamboo forest before slowly moving to the magma ridden caverns at the end. I doubt the final Sky Pop segment would really work nor fit in without being shoehorned.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I'm more confused than ever, now. Thanks. :laugh:
It means "Before All Else" and is used similar to how someone says 'my baby' romantically they say 'my bae'.

Waifu is also an acceptable synonym in the English speaking nerd community, and 'wifey' is pretty similar.

I say go for 'paramour', but I'm a pretentious jerk.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
It was always a bit of a missed opportunity just making a sandy, derelict Mushroom Kingdom stage, methinks.
Basically. I mean, the assets are already there and they can really rework that into the Burabito Kingdom. It's a matter of how they rebuild the others.

Better than going for the original GB graphics Sarasaland idea for Smash 4.

Seeing what they did with the Mushroom Kingdom, I would like to see what they can do with an updated Sarasaland stage. They already shown what they can do with readapting the old levels in 3D and the desert them is sort of there (though they are going for a ancient Mushroom Kingdom approach with it). Or like the original stage, we can explore different parts of the kingdom based on what song they choose since putting all four of them together would be too much work.

The most obvious choice would be the Burabito Kingdom, pyramids and all. The Muda Kingdom (JoJoke) would probably be a water oriented stage with small platforms to hope and plenty of water. Maybe have the fish swim around in them instead of being harmful enemies. Easton would definitely be a more annoying one with rocky formations, loads of spikes, and maybe some of the bouncing boulders (rescaled) for the fights to sit on. Lastly, there's Chai. For this one, we can start off with the bamboo forest before slowly moving to the magma ridden caverns at the end. I doubt the final Sky Pop segment would really work nor fit in without being shoehorned.
There are too many good Sarasaland places to chose from, but there's potential. Burabito is easily a shoe-in. It's the very first kingdom you go to for Super Mario Land and at least explains Daisy's foreign background.

Maybe Muda and Chai can work based on whether it's a traveling stage or multi-level stage a la Mushroomy Kingdom. Easton is alright, but trust me, we wouldn't want to get flashbacks of those spikes and rocks. And no need for the Sky Pop Plane, that can be an easy background cameo or Daisy's Final Smash depending now here it fits.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
It means "Before All Else" and is used similar to how someone says 'my baby' romantically they say 'my bae'.

Waifu is also an acceptable synonym in the English speaking nerd community, and 'wifey' is pretty similar.

I say go for 'paramour', but I'm a pretentious jerk.
Well, it makes vaguely more sense now, I guess. I just don't get what it has to do with Dedede. :laugh:

Anyway, it's off-topic, so;

There are too many good Sarasaland places to chose from, but there's potential. Burabito is easily a shoe-in. It's the very first kingdom you go to for Super Mario Land and at least explains Daisy's foreign background.

Maybe Muda and Chai can work based on whether it's a traveling stage or multi-level stage a la Mushroomy Kingdom. Easton is alright, but trust me, we wouldn't want to get flashbacks of those spikes and rocks. And no need for the Sky Pop Plane, that can be an easy background cameo or Daisy's Final Smash depending now here it fits.
If they weren't going to go with Birabuto, and intead would only go for one of the other three kingdoms of Sarasaland for a Smash stage, which one would all of you guys pick for that?

For me, it's got to be Muda. Being based on Bermuda, it's got a fun sort of tropical vibe to it. Also, it'd be a fun way to get in a background (or temporary platform) cameo for the Marine Pop vehicle (which I feel is always a bit underappreciated when compared to the Sky Pop), and possibly that kingdom's boss, Dragonzamasu.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The Sky Pop Plane is definitely background material at best. Thought a Final Smash is more ideal if they want to call back to her roots. No need for a plane segment when Pilotwings can easily return.

So Burabito > Muda > Chai > Easton in importance and design.

Agreed?

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
If they weren't going to go with Birabuto, and intead would only go for one of the other three kingdoms of Sarasaland for a Smash stage, which one would all of you guys pick for that?

For me, it's got to be Muda. Being based on Bermuda, it's got a fun sort of tropical vibe to it. Also, it'd be a fun way to get in a background (or temporary platform) cameo for the Marine Pop vehicle (which I feel is always a bit underappreciated when compared to the Sky Pop), and possibly that kingdom's boss, Dragonzamasu.
I won't lie. Muda does have some potential for another tropical themed stage. And I wouldn't mind seeing some old faces like Dragonzamasu or the Marine Pop return. Even the platform placements of the level screams "Smash!".

I would personally go for Chai since we don't have any Chinese themed levels in Smash yet (Not even Dragon Road from Mario Kart 8). I'll just say that I'd like to see what they can do with things like the Emperor's Temple, the Bamboo Forest, and lava cavern. Enemies like the Pionpis work as background elements since fighting undead stage hazards would be no fun.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Speaking of Chai, can I bring up that the theme makes so much sense as a Smash fit?

Imagine if this were real.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Speaking of Chai, can I bring up that the theme makes so much sense as a Smash fit?

Imagine if this were real.
It IS a Smash fit. Just look at all the remixes it spawned.

Chai Kingdom is literally begging to be in Smash. As if the main Super Mario Land theme (Burabito Kingdom) didn't.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
It IS a Smash fit. Just look at all the remixes it spawned.

Chai Kingdom is literally begging to be in Smash. As if the main Super Mario Land theme (Burabito Kingdom) didn't.
That one in the middle is actually an official arrangement, from the Super Mario Land Arranged album - there's an official track like that for all of the game's main themes.

Those other two are fantastic, too. I really like both of them.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If ever there was a game in need of a DX/HD remix it's Mario Land 1.

What if they re-did it in the """"new"""" Super Mario engine? Or is the tiny-ness of the sprites that's the game's charm?

Luminario

Smash Lord
I'd say if there was to be a Sarasaland stage it should be Chai Kingdom like some of you lot said. It has defining characteristics, incredible music, would have the most impact on the smash series as a whole, and it's like the World 8 of Super Mario Land.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It be interesting if shes one of the new playable characters in Super Mario Run.

Wah. :p
Too bad they said no DLC would happen for Super Mario Run. So Toadette is one of the more luckier inclusions in the game (and one to get a kiss from Peach). If only they can take more advantage of that instead of focusing more on Fire Emblem Heroes, they would sell more downloads easily with more characters.

If ever there was a game in need of a DX/HD remix it's Mario Land 1.

What if they re-did it in the """"new"""" Super Mario engine? Or is the tiny-ness of the sprites that's the game's charm?
Doing everything with the New Mushroom Kingdom style wouldn't be too bad (even if everyone is tired of that style).

The tini-ness is kind of its charm given the Game Boy's limitations. Though that wouldn't really work in a Smash environment. Maybe blow them up slightly like the 3D Land stage.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Too bad they said no DLC would happen for Super Mario Run. So Toadette is one of the more luckier inclusions in the game (and one to get a kiss from Peach). If only they can take more advantage of that instead of focusing more on Fire Emblem Heroes, they would sell more downloads easily with more characters.
They confirmed additional characters today, though. ;) They'll be added in v2.0, which is out next week.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
They confirmed additional characters today, though. ;) They'll be added in v2.0, which is out next week.
Well ****.

Maybe Daisy can have a chance after all. At least I have a chance to play the game again if it means unlocking her and Waluigi.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Just give me a moment to freak out.

Well I'm back. With new characters, I hope they don't be generic enemies like Goombas and Koopas.

Because characters like Wario, Waluigi, Daisy, and several others matter more than them. In fact, I would actually start playing again if it means unlocking them all.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Just give me a moment to freak out.

Well I'm back. With new characters, I hope they don't be generic enemies like Goombas and Koopas.

Because characters like Wario, Waluigi, Daisy, and several others matter more than them. In fact, I would actually start playing again if it means unlocking them all.
Wait, Mario Party Advance used Daisy old design?

Nevermind that, but I'm glad Nintendo haven't completely forgotten about Super Mario Run while it's still out. Especially with all the focus Niantic gives to Pokemon GO.

Characters like Waluigi and Daisy would make me happy. But having a Koopa be playable would be a waste of time (and juts a troll move).

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Wait, Mario Party Advance used Daisy old design?

Nevermind that, but I'm glad Nintendo haven't completely forgotten about Super Mario Run while it's still out. Especially with all the focus Niantic gives to Pokemon GO.

Characters like Waluigi and Daisy would make me happy. But having a Koopa be playable would be a waste of time (and juts a troll move).
No. Daisy was never in Mario Party Advance, it was just Mario and the gang.

Chances are that was a fanmade edit. Which would make sense because I won't see them making a mistake by using her old design.

Last edited:

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
In before it's Pink Gold Peach and Metal Mario

But in all seriousness I really am kind of excited, I might actually get the game if they're adding new characters. I just really hope for, like you said, Daisy and Waa.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
In before it's Pink Gold Peach and Metal Mario

But in all seriousness I really am kind of excited, I might actually get the game if they're adding new characters. I just really hope for, like you said, Daisy and Waa.
Unfortunately, you may be right that they could use opportunity to promote those two.....

I've added you back. Welcome to the Daisy Zone, Bestmand.

Even if you do get Super Mario Run, be p[repared to collect a lot of Toads in order to unlock them. I don't see them as the type that would give you free newcomers in an update. I will definitely play the hell out of the Toad Rallies if it means getting Daisy.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Question, if you play Peach in Mario Run does Peach kiss Peach?

Luminario

Smash Lord
No. Daisy was never in Mario Party Advance, it was just Mario and the gang.

Chances are that was a fanmade edit. Which would make sense because I won't see them making a mistake by using her old design.
Actually that specific gif was from Mario Party-e, which I believe is the last appearance of Daisy's classic design.
Question, if you play Peach in Mario Run does Peach kiss Peach?
She actually rescues Toad instead. No clone kissing here.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Actually that specific gif was from Mario Party-e, which I believe is the last appearance of Daisy's classic design.
Was it a non-playable role?

There were only four characters from what I remember (Mario, Yoshi, Luigi, and Peach).

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Welcome back WhiteEagle. Goodness it baffles me just how much attention we are getting compared to other character forums.
I figure the Daisy community is used to wild speculation and the rest of the characters fans haven't got much to say without more solid info.

Me, I start speculating the minute I unlock the last character.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I figure the Daisy community is used to wild speculation and the rest of the characters fans haven't got much to say without more solid info.

Me, I start speculating the minute I unlock the last character.
I can safely confirm, we were wild as the Ridley thread in the good old days.

That I can say in the nicest way possible.

Luminario

Smash Lord
Was it a non-playable role?

There were only four characters from what I remember (Mario, Yoshi, Luigi, and Peach).
Nah you're thinking of Mario Party Advance. There was a game that used the e-reader for the GBA called Mario Party-e.
Fun fact, Mario Party-e is the only Mario Party game not to feature Peach or Luigi as playable characters and I believe the only Mario game to feature playable Daisy without playable Peach.
(I'm getting all this info from the wiki though so be wary)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Nah you're thinking of Mario Party Advance. There was a game that used the e-reader for the GBA called Mario Party-e.
Fun fact, Mario Party-e is the only Mario Party game not to feature Peach or Luigi as playable characters and I believe the only Mario game to feature playable Daisy without playable Peach.
Interesting. Then again, I never really knew much about the e-Reader other than being able to play old NES games on a Gameboy Advance.

Now I know for sure.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Interesting. Then again, I never really knew much about the e-Reader other than being able to play old NES games on a Gameboy Advance.

Now I know for sure.
There's a video showing all of the mini-games, here;

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So that's where the sprite of Wario's car comes from.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
There's a video showing all of the mini-games, here;

This looks more like a WarioWare game if it had a baby with Mario Party.

Not that it's bad since these look fun.

Last edited:
Top Bottom