• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy Discussion

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
So to all of you who have hoped Daisy someday would make it in Smash, that you voted for her and dedicated your time to have your voices heard, your efforts paid off! You should be proud of yourselves.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
As little sense as it makes, I love the little visual differences in Peach and Daisy's Toad animations.

Peach is all "Oh dear, I can't look!"
Daisy on the other hand "Did you get 'em?"

Almand

Smash Journeyman
I kinda wish she wasn't an Echo character, but if this is the best we get, I'm elated. I'm maining her either way, along with Pac-Man (who, by the way, has an actual grab now!)

So, after analyzing her trailers, these are the moves that are CONFIRMED identical to Peach:
Neutral B
Side B
Up B
Forward Smash
Up Smash
Down Smash (Hard to see, but in the stage reveal section of the E3 Full Trailer, during Great Plateau Tower's reveal, far left)
Up Tilt
Forward Tilt
Forward Air
Back Air
Up Air
Neutral Air
Down Throw (Same as Peach's in her trailer on the Smash Bros Website)

Daisy doesn't seem to be able to float. And if so, we haven't seen it (or at least I couldn't in any of her 2 trailers).
Also, Peach has a new Down Tilt, a little leg sweep that can be seen in her trailer on the Smash Website. Still spikes on the ground and all that, but it looks faster. So Daisy will likely get the same move, or might inherit Peach's old Down Tilt animation, even though it's the same move in terms of utility?

Down B, Down Tilt, Down Air, Dash Attack, Up/Down/Back Throws could still be different (Down B, in particular, would practically need to be reworked since Vegetables wouldn't work so well with Daisy), but I wouldn't count on it too much. Thinking wishfully, though, since we have 6 months until it's released, who's to say she won't get one or two additions/changes as she's tested? Neither Daisy nor Peach are available in the E3 version, so they may just be in the perfecting stages. Personally, I'd like to see Peach's Melee Up Air return in Daisy (I just think it'll work better for her), but I digress.

One other thing, Daisy walking in the beginning of her trailer seems to imply she's much faster than Peach. This may just be editing or a quirk in Smash Ultimate as a game itself (since the whole thing seems to be much faster-paced in general), but maybe speed sets her apart from Peach? And, overall, she seems to be somewhat combo oriented (Guessing by the many little strings she performed in her trailers, but this doesn't necessarily mean anything concrete). Some faster frame data, combo tools, and adjusted moves could make for a very interesting Peach Echo.

Update: Added Down Smash and Nair as Echo Moves. This leaves 7 moves that could be different (in animation).

Last edited:

Luminario

Smash Lord
I kinda wish she wasn't an Echo character, but if this is the best we get, I'm elated. I'm maining her either way, along with Pac-Man (who, by the way, has an actual grab now!)

So, after analyzing her trailers, these are the moves that are CONFIRMED identical to Peach:
Neutral B
Side B
Up B
Forward Smash
Up Smash
Up Tilt
Forward Tilt
Forward Air
Back Air
Up Air

Daisy doesn't seem to be able to float. And if so, we haven't seen it (or at least I couldn't in any of her 2 trailers).

Down B, Down Smash, Down Tilt, Down Air, Neutral Air, Up/Down/Back Throws could still be different (Down B, in particular, would practically need to be reworked since Vegetables wouldn't work so well with Daisy), but I wouldn't count on it too much. Thinking wishfully, though, since we have 6 months until it's released, who's to say she won't get one or two additions/changes as she's tested? Neither Daisy nor Peach seemed to be available (guessing by Armada not using them in the invitational) in the E3 version, so they may just be in the perfecting stages. Personally, I'd like to see Peach's Melee Up Air return in Daisy (I just think it'll work better for her), but I digress.

One other thing, Daisy walking in the beginning of her trailer seems to imply she's much faster than Peach. This may just be editing or a quirk in Smash Ultimate as a game itself (since the whole thing seems to be much faster-paced in general), but maybe speed sets her apart from Peach? Her Fair, also, looks like it spikes in her little trailer. And, overall, she seems to be somewhat combo oriented (Guessing by the many little strings she performed in her trailers, but this doesn't necessarily mean anything concrete). Some faster frame data, combo tools, and adjusted moves could make for a very interesting Peach Echo.
I'm pretty sure Nair and down smash are the same too. It looks like she's performing them in the pictures on the site.

Ultra*HappyCharge

Smash Apprentice
This is really late on support since I wasn't that keen on Daisy but now here she is. Congratulations to all of you, Daisy supporters <3

Almand

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure Nair and down smash are the same too. It looks like she's performing them in the pictures on the site.
I was gonna add those, too, but I wasn't 100% certain. One looks exactly like Nair (the ending of it), one looks like Down Smash (given the whoosh marks around her), but could possibly be Down Tilt. I'm pretty sure they are Nair and Down Smash, but until we see it in a trailer, I won't include them in that list just yet.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
I really didn't want Daisy in the game.

But hot damn does she look cute af. Congrats everyone!

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
I was definitely not expecting that. Congrats Daisy supporters!

I kinda like the idea of Daisy being buddies with Lucina. "Hey there, Echo Sis!"

Thatkidwiththeafro

The Pink Panther's Bro!
NNID
Mr.F-ZeroBias
My fellow Daisy crew, we made it! I almost cried tears of joy the moment I heard her say yo! I'm happy folks, a happy camper. I've been waiting on Daisy's playable Smash debut for the past 10 years. Now I've got her in. I'm happy.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Congratulations Daisy fans! So excited to have another royal lady to kick *** and rule a kingdom (princessdom?)

This is well deserved after years of a mere color swap

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
As little sense as it makes, I love the little visual differences in Peach and Daisy's Toad animations.

Are ya winning, son?

Neutral B
Side B
Up B
Forward Smash
Up Smash
Down Smash (Hard to see, but in the stage reveal section of the E3 Full Trailer, during Great Plateau Tower's reveal, far left)
Up Tilt
Forward Tilt
Forward Air
Back Air
Up Air

Also, Peach has a new Down Tilt, a little leg sweep that can be seen in her trailer on the Smash Website. Still spikes on the ground and all that, but it looks faster. So Daisy will likely get the same move, or might inherit Peach's old Down Tilt animation, even though it's the same move in terms of utility?

Down B, Down Tilt, Down Air, Neutral Air, Up/Down/Back Throws could still be different (Down B, in particular, would practically need to be reworked since Vegetables wouldn't work so well with Daisy), but I wouldn't count on it too much. Thinking wishfully, though, since we have 6 months until it's released, who's to say she won't get one or two additions/changes as she's tested? Neither Daisy nor Peach seemed to be available (guessing by Armada not using them in the invitational) in the E3 version, so they may just be in the perfecting stages. Personally, I'd like to see Peach's Melee Up Air return in Daisy (I just think it'll work better for her), but I digress.

One other thing, Daisy walking in the beginning of her trailer seems to imply she's much faster than Peach. This may just be editing or a quirk in Smash Ultimate as a game itself (since the whole thing seems to be much faster-paced in general), but maybe speed sets her apart from Peach? Her Fair, also, looks like it spikes in her little trailer. And, overall, she seems to be somewhat combo oriented (Guessing by the many little strings she performed in her trailers, but this doesn't necessarily mean anything concrete). Some faster frame data, combo tools, and adjusted moves could make for a very interesting Peach Echo.
She performs the same Neutral Air as she floats on one of the site pics, but Dash Attack is still unaccounted for, so maybe we will get a little lunge there.
Even if Veggies return, she could have a different throw animations to show her athletic prowess.

RustyRemains

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-1666-4551-3124
I can't wait to see more of her Alt costumes as well, she looks great in her normal dress and the white one found in one of the screenshots on the website!

Also, I have not really seen too many complaints yet about Daisy being an echo fighter rather than having a unique moveset which is nice to see, I myself don't mind too much either, it's nice that she is in and even has some new animations to make her more herself

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Hey Daisy fans, do you have any idea what song plays in her trailer and what it's connection to her is?

Assuming Custom Stages Return, I wonder what I'll make her stage and what song to use. I'll probably have it with Pyramids and Flowers. Probably use the Mario Tennis/Golf theme if it returns. Could use The Mario Land Underground theme but I feel it's not really fitting aside from being from the same game. (I like to make custom stages for each character)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Daisy will no longer allow herself to be overshadowed by Rosalina

EpicElliot

Smash Apprentice
Congratulations daisy fans ! she is a peach clone lol (remember so many people saying she would never be a peach clone lol) Ops sorry "echo character"

Glad to she she has some more personality added to her other then HI I'M DAISY! (sad to see my boi waluigi not get in with her tho)

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

Yeah, you're right, nice touch that further differentiates how different their personalities are.

D

Deleted member

I'm not necessarily trying to be a pessimist but rather a realist when I therefore say that I think Daisy would be considered a low-priority character. There are numerous reasons why she doesn't need to be in Smash Bros. But--if Sakurai does ever feel inclined to add her, I feel optimistic that it would be as an alt/clone/semi-clone of Peach, sort of an 'upgrade' of that Daisy-colored costume which would be like throwing a bone to Daisy fans without angering others.
I've literally been saying this the whole time, so it was really fun to see Daisy get into Smash literally exactly as I thought she would most likely get in. And EVEN STILL I've seen people commenting how they're disappointed Daisy got in. Talk about bitterness and resentment.

Anyway, CONGRATS to all you Daisy fans!!!!! We finally did it!!!!

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
I like Daisy as a character, but being honest I didn't see her coming to Smash.
Now that's she's here, I think she's amazing. Nice addition to the roster.
Congratulations guys :)

SS2000

Smash Apprentice
Congratulations! And condolences... Her reveal was probably the biggest moment of mixed feelings for me. I like Daisy and always thought she'd make sense as the next Mario character. But whenever I am hoping for a new character, I am hoping for, well, a new character. One with their very own unique style and identity. It really bugged me whenever I heard somebody go, "Daisy would just be a Peach clone!". I would just think, "Maybe if you were in charge since you apparently lack imagination/creativity." But now they've earned the right to go "I told you so!" and use that very same argument in the future for countless other potential characters. Sometimes I feel like I would rather spend forever waiting on a character I want than see them join as a clone because if Falcondorf has taught us anything over the past two decades, it's that once a character gets in like that, they'll never be changed even if it's what that character's fans would all love to see. Many folks thought things like, "Lucina was a clone since there was no time for a whole new character, so at least she's in. She can always be given her own stuff in the next game. Like she can be able to switch to a lance like in her game, then be tipperless Marth when using a sword, and do her own things with a lance to please everybody." But as much as I wanted it, I always knew such a thing would never happen. When I saw Waliugi pop out of an assist trophy I thought, "So he ain't in? Oh well, that's better than getting in as a clone. Now maybe he has a chance of being unique in the future." I feel Ridley fans are most fortunate to have had to wait over a decade to finally get Ridley; if they had gotten him as a Bowser/Charizard clone back in the day as some proposed, then they'd never have any hope of actually getting Ridley at all! lol

Last edited:

Almand

Smash Journeyman
Congratulations! And condolences... Her reveal was probably the biggest moment of mixed feelings for me. I like Daisy and always thought she'd make sense as the next Mario character. But whenever I am hoping for a new character, I am hoping for, well, a new character. One with their very own unique style and identity. It really bugged me whenever I heard somebody go, "Daisy would just be a Peach clone!". I would just think, "Maybe if you were in charge since you apparently lack imagination/creativity." But now they've earned the right to go "I told you so!" and use that very same argument in the future for countless other potential characters. Sometimes I feel like I would rather spend forever waiting on a character I want than see them join as a clone because if Falcondorf has taught us anything over the past two decades, it's that once a character gets in like that, they'll never be changed even if it's what that character's fans would all love to see. Many folks thought things like, "Lucina was a clone since there was no time for a whole new character, so at least she's in. She can always be given her own stuff in the next game. Like she can be able to switch to a lance like in her game, then be tipperless Marth when using a sword, and do her own things with a lance to please everybody." But as much as I wanted it, I always knew such a thing would never happen. When I saw Waliugi pop out of an assist trophy I thought, "So he ain't in? Oh well, that's better than getting in as a clone. Now maybe he has a chance of being unique in the future." I feel Ridley fans are most fortunate to have had to wait over a decade to finally get Ridley; if they had gotten him as a Bowser/Charizard clone back in the day as some proposed, then they'd never have any hope of actually getting Ridley at all! lol
Yeah, it's kinda bittersweet to get her like this. On one hand, she's in! And I'm incredibly happy for that. But on the other hand, it just makes it seem like Sakurai believes the whole "Daisy is just Orange Tomboy Peach" bandwagon. Like he's ignoring Strikers (and any Mario sports game, for that matter), Mario Party, and Mario Kart. She could get a moveset complete from Strikers alone, honestly, maybe with a few punching/unique moves (jab, volleyball spike in Fair, using Strikers crystals on her hands, etc.) to balance her out a little. She's aggressive and energetic, and I don't think she necessarily fits Peach as well as some think, past appearance. It seems more like a "Daisy has a similar figure, so we made her an Echo Fighter" or "It was just to appease the fans" decision than anything else. So I'm kinda holding out hope that over the next 6 months, they'll differentiate her into more of a semi-clone than just swapping some knockback and damage values here and there to give her different combos.

That being said, beggars can't be choosers. She's playable, and I'm happy enough with that. I mean, I'm maining her either way, so I guess I have no footing to complain.

Last edited:

Almand

Smash Journeyman
it's not over until the fat veggie sings guys, but I fear Vegetable will be Daisy's Down B as well
A fellow Pac-Main!
And yeah, I think all her moves will be identical in animation, but different in utility. I'm hoping otherwise, though. Best case scenario, Sakurai decides to change up a few moves we've seen (or just shake up the animation so it fits Daisy a bit better), but I'm not too convinced that'll actually happen. Down B will probably pull things up, but whether that's turnips or something like crystals, sports balls, Shy Guys/Snifits, whatever, we'll just have to see.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
A fellow Pac-Main!
And yeah, I think all her moves will be identical in animation, but different in utility. I'm hoping otherwise, though. Best case scenario, Sakurai decides to change up a few moves we've seen (or just shake up the animation so it fits Daisy a bit better), but I'm not too convinced that'll actually happen. Down B will probably pull things up, but whether that's turnips or something like crystals, sports balls, Shy Guys/Snifits, whatever, we'll just have to see.
I probably won't main Pac-Man in Smash Ultimate though, with so many great characters returning and Daisy joining the fray.
I'm sceptical of Daisy having a different move from Peach, since the precedence of Lucina and Dark Pit being fellow Echoes doesn't spell great for uniqueness.
What we could do is try to persuade Sakurai to replace Blue Toad with a Super Mario Land enemy, which would give her a reference to her debut game in multiple moves.

SonicBoom403

Smash Rookie
NNID
SonicBoom403
Switch FC
SW-0655-9229-9594
I was hoping Daisy would've been a semi-clone or a unique character, but I'm perfectly fine with her as an Echo Fighter of Peach. Peach is one of my Smash Bros mains and I like her and Daisy roughly the same. I'm just glad we finally have Daisy in Smash Bros. She deserved it!

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
So, uh. Has there been any video of her floating yet? The short clip on the Smash Bros. site doesn't show her floating at all.

The reliance on floating for combos has always deterred me from Peach, so I'm hoping against all odds that Daisy's not a TOTAL clone.

Dandelionel

Smash Apprentice
So, uh. Has there been any video of her floating yet? The short clip on the Smash Bros. site doesn't show her floating at all.

The reliance on floating for combos has always deterred me from Peach, so I'm hoping against all odds that Daisy's not a TOTAL clone.
There hasn't, nor special down B. I think she won't have float powers and her special down B will be slightly different, and she will have percent changes in some attacks.

This would make her like, an even better echo than Lucina and Dark Pit since one has the percent changes (no tipper) and the other a few different moves (electroshock and final smash)

DaisyandRosalina

Smash Apprentice
Even if she is a clone that's not important, being in is the first thing that acutally matters, a unique moveset may come up in later games like Luigi abd Ganon.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
But man, to think between the big four of Waluigi, Daisy, Geno, and Toad that has been going on since Brawl, that Daisy would end up winning the war. :p

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
But man, to think between the big four of Waluigi, Daisy, Geno, and Toad that has been going on since Brawl, that Daisy would end up winning the war. :p
To be fair, Geno could still show up but yeah, really didn't believe Daisy would be in first over Waluigi

Last edited:
Top Bottom