• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy Discussion

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
But as time goes on, all characters become characters the people making the games didn’t create themselves, because we age and the characters don’t.
Maybe that's why it's rarer for a game to go series-wide fanservice in Japan, it's rarer for the creators to get get detached from the series they made.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Similar to how Peach has a more detailed outfit in Smash, I designed one for Daisy!

The sports outfit with more details while still retaining the same look. I especially love the thigh high socks - too stylish, lol.

What do you guys think? I think this would be a great but I want the dress more
It looks great. I don't want to sound negative, but given how Sakurai has handled character appareances, I think it's guaranteed that we would see her in the dress considering that every character has had their most iconic look prioritized with the only exceptions being :4wario:, :4bayonetta: and :4feroy:(He is a special case in which he was given a redesign in order to fit better with the FE characters seeing as his game has no sequel).

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
That wasn't negative at all. I think we might expect to see her in a dress, which I, ironically, want more.

I want the dress since it reinforces the whole idea that she's a badass tomboy yet can still manage to fight in a gown.

Last edited:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
How would you all react if instead of Daisy getting into Smash we got.....

Baby Daisy.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace

Baby Daisy.
I would be the opposite of satisfied. lol

Like all the other baby characters, I have always seen Baby Daisy as a separate person from Daisy. I don't know why. She just seems more like Daisy's daughter than Daisy herself as a baby.

the only thing I like about baby Daisy is that she shoehorns more Daisy content into Mario games. lol

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed

Baby Daisy.
I think that I'd be quite concerned about what sort of characters the devs thought it was ok to beat up in a fighting-game.

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
That wasn't negative at all. I think we might expect to see her in a dress, which I, ironically, want more.

I want the dress since it reinforces the whole idea that she's a badass tomboy yet can still manage to fight in a gown.
That's what I would like too. Fingers crossed.

christyalmeth

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-3332-4545-9808
I LOVE this idea and I really hope they bring Daisy, I love Rosalina but I thought it was a snub to have her before Daisy
I could just imagine a “Hi i’m Daisy” taunt and her showing her competitiveness maybe like “I came to win” then with a girly laugh and fix her hair. I would love to have her be a foil for Peach and have her personality shown.
As for moves I think it goes without saying there has to be a final smash with some kind of Flower Shower that could poison your opponents or come up from the ground and throw them off the stage????
or it could be like Peach with turnips and just hit people with potted flowers lol
I definetly think her classic dress look would be her design and like others have said a forward attack tripping on her dress because of her tomboy nature​

Baby Daisy.
there would be a ton of WHY SAKURAI memes everywhere and tons of youtube rants
I would rage quit the second I saw it
Also watch there be tons of soccer moms trying to get the game from selling because of the baby violence​

Last edited by a moderator:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
These responses have made me want a Smash brothers spin off with only baby characters.

It would apparently offend everyone to see baby violence.

I guess that’s why the boss baby didn’t succeed.

D

Deleted member

Baby Daisy.
Man the butthurt would flow across four corners of the universe.

She may stink as an idea but dang would that be a hilarious confirmation.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
I'm worried a bit about the possibility of Paper Mario getting into Smash over Daisy. We'll have to wait and see !

Freduardo

Smash Champion
So new Mario sports game. I think we might see paper mario in those before we see him in smash. Though he certainly has a lot of moveset potential.

But Daisy is definitely in this new Mario tennis, which is going to have a GBC like story/rpg mode reportedly.

Any chance for more moveset potential for Daisy there?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm suprised after all this time they're doing proper tennis outfits.

How long has it been since Mario's Tennis on Virtual Boy?

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Yeah, I'm very glad that the boys have their own sports outfit now. I personally don't want the princesses to get sports outfits since they already have sports outfits.

Haha possibly; if special moves return. It's been a while since Daisy has used any flower power stuff.

If there are no special moves (which I would really be disappointed if not), then I think there'd be no new ideas to take.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
So new Mario sports game. I think we might see paper mario in those before we see him in smash. Though he certainly has a lot of moveset potential.

But Daisy is definitely in this new Mario tennis, which is going to have a GBC like story/rpg mode reportedly.

Aside from the possibility of special moves returning, it'll be interesting to see if Daisy will be a technique character or will be all-round like last time.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Better yet how long has it been since a story mode was added?
In the reveal, the narrator said it's the first story mode since Mario Tennis Power Tour on GBA.

I want to see Daisy's storymode! I think she should have some rivalry interactions with Waluigi or Rosalina.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
In the reveal, the narrator said it's the first story mode since Mario Tennis Power Tour on GBA.

I want to see Daisy's storymode! I think she should have some rivalry interactions with Waluigi or Rosalina.
Then it's been quite a while, I just hope she has a role period.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Thank you guys! :)

I've been watching Smash Bros. reveal trailers and reliving the hype and excitement that I and over people had upon first watching them. They make me tear up a little bit in a good way lol

I've been wondering how Daisy's possible reveal trailer would be as well as the song and tagline.

For me, the BEST tagline would have to be "Daisy SAYS HI!" That would be really epic and trolly.
Song: hands down Daisy Hills frontrunning version

I could also imagine them making Daisy and Waluigi sharing a reveal trailer (which I would love) to focus more on other characters like Inkling or Spring Man.

Sorry if I sound so cocky thinking Daisy or Waluigi will make it in. Just speculating. I will actually cry if I see her reveal trailer though.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Thank you guys! :)

I've been watching Smash Bros. reveal trailers and reliving the hype and excitement that I and over people had upon first watching them. They make me tear up a little bit in a good way lol

I've been wondering how Daisy's possible reveal trailer would be as well as the song and tagline.

For me, the BEST tagline would have to be "Daisy SAYS HI!" That would be really epic and trolly.
Song: hands down Daisy Hills frontrunning version

I could also imagine them making Daisy and Waluigi sharing a reveal trailer (which I would love) to focus more on other characters like Inkling or Spring Man.

Sorry if I sound so cocky thinking Daisy or Waluigi will make it in. Just speculating. I will actually cry if I see her reveal trailer though.
I was thinking of something like "Daisy Blooms In!" would fit nicely, I know, it's not original or creative but I believe it fits her nicely.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Hey guys Afro here! I wanted to show off a Daisy game, I started working on.

fantendo.wikia.com/wiki/Super_Daisy_Odyssey

Would love some feedback on the concept, as well as being directed to someone who can make a logo for it! ;) ~ Afro
xD You indeed got a lot of things going on here, but I like the idea! I wonder how Daisy's ship looks...

I would like to design a logo, but I'm working on other projects so, I hope you find someone who can help you with that Afro! Keep it up!

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Silly Smash Moveset idea, Daisy using the oddles of power-up flowers the Mario series has had over the years in her Smash movest.

B Neutral: Superball Flower- Daisy's standard Projectile attack and direct Super Mario Land reference
B-Side: Rocket Flower- Dash attack similar to Palutena's Super Speed.
B-Up: Cloud Flower- Recovery, makes a Cloud to jump on. Could either be a temporary platform or act as a trampoline for balancing purposes.
B-Down: Pluck- Daisy picks a Flower/Plant type item out of the ground. (Choice of Fire Flower, Lip's Stick Boomerang, Deku Nut, new Ice Flower item)

Not sure what the final Smash would be though.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Silly Smash Moveset idea, Daisy using the oddles of power-up flowers the Mario series has had over the years in her Smash movest.

B Neutral: Superball Flower- Daisy's standard Projectile attack and direct Super Mario Land reference
B-Up: Cloud Flower- Recovery, makes a Cloud to jump on. Could either be a temporary platform or act as a trampoline for balancing purposes.
B-Down: Pluck- Daisy picks a Flower/Plant type item out of the ground. (Choice of Fire Flower, Lip's Stick Boomerang, Deku Nut, new Ice Flower item)

Power Flower from Super Mario 64 DS

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

Perhaps the trapping flower garden we see in Mario Super Sluggers?

Thatkidwiththeafro

The Pink Panther's Bro!
NNID
Mr.F-ZeroBias
Here's an idea for Daisy's intro quote for Smash. I was watching the "Away Intros" from Mario Strikers Charged just now, and when Daisy is part of the Away Team, she puts up her fists, and yells out "Yeah, Come On!". Top that off with a "ring bell" after that!

If anything, I'd say Daisy should have that quote if she was in a boss battle if she had her own game. Why? Remember Wario World? Wario would start off each Boss Battle with the quote "I'ma #1!" ;)

Also, especially for StarCrystal20 StarCrystal20 , I noticed that you were absent when I revealed this... http://fantendo.wikia.com/wiki/Super_Daisy_Odyssey

By the way, there's new content in the game as well guys! ;) ~ Afro

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
On Twitter, Nintendo confirmed the Mario movie! Let's hope Daisy gets in it.

Here's an idea for Daisy's intro quote for Smash. I was watching the "Away Intros" from Mario Strikers Charged just now, and when Daisy is part of the Away Team, she puts up her fists, and yells out "Yeah, Come On!". Top that off with a "ring bell" after that!

If anything, I'd say Daisy should have that quote if she was in a boss battle if she had her own game. Why? Remember Wario World? Wario would start off each Boss Battle with the quote "I'ma #1!" ;)

Also, especially for StarCrystal20 StarCrystal20 , I noticed that you were absent when I revealed this... http://fantendo.wikia.com/wiki/Super_Daisy_Odyssey

By the way, there's new content in the game as well guys! ;) ~ Afro
I had seen the game, but I'm surprisingly not super into the concept of Daisy being the main character of a game. Even though I love the character, I prefer her as an important supporting player. Plus I'm not into the whole idea of changing the character around for Super Mario Odyssey (Super [Insert Character] Odyssey).

But that's just my opinion so you should do whatever you want nonetheless. lol

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm thinking the movie will focus on the core 4 of Mario, Luigi, Peach and Bowser with Yoshi as an optional extra but Daisy could be there too.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Not going to lie... I hope Fawful is in the movie.

He’s probably the closest to illumination’s animated movie stylings anyway.

Top Bottom