• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy Discussion

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace

Source: https://jagg17.deviantart.com/art/Princess-Daisy-727552148

:D This design looks amazing! Way better than a orange colored version of Peach's dress. It having unique details would go along if she was in Smash also with a mostly unique moveset.
I saw and commented on that a few days ago. I absolutely love the design!! It definitely looks different from Peach's while still retaining Daisy's overall appearance.

I forever wonder what her official Smash design would be though.

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

Source: https://jagg17.deviantart.com/art/Princess-Daisy-727552148

:D This design looks amazing! Way better than a orange colored version of Peach's dress. It having unique details would go along if she was in Smash also with a mostly unique moveset.
I wish more artists were this creative with Daisy for Smash instead of dismissing her as just a clone character. This design looks really cool and at the same time gives her a unique look.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Personally I think Daisy's Smash look, if she's in the classic dress would have a heavier flower motif like how Rosalina got a stronger star one. I'm imagining the hem of her dress with an additional white lace frill that looks like it's made of a lot of small white flowers. A daisy-chain if you will.

Hubba_Wubba

Smash Cadet
NNID
KingNightmare26
3DS FC
5430-0613-8772
I can't really see Daisy as her own character, i think she would fit as a Peach clone, but if she was to be her own original character, heres what i think she would play like.

Moveset
-Striker Kick: Daisy kicks upwards in a very fast motion, Doing atleast 15% damage.
-Ball Smash: Daisy charges her Bat and Thrusts it forward, dealing atleast 30% damage, but charged up does 45%
-Upward Slash: Daisy does a simple Punch upwards, dealing atleast 10% damage.
-Downward Kick: Daisy kicks at her opponents feet, dealing atleast 5% damage.
Grabs
-Strong Arm: Daisy punches the opponet, dealing 18% Damage
-Stomp: Daisy throws the enemy on the floor and stomps on them, dealing 15% damage.
-Backward Smash: Daisy simply pushes the enemy on the floor, dealing 5% damage.
-Upward Headbutt: Daisy Throws the enemy in the air and headbutts the enemy, dealing 10% damage.
Final Smash
-Daisy doubles all of her attacks by 50%, and getting hit makes you get set on fire for 3 seconds, dealing an additional 5%

Also thought listing her skins would be cool soooo...
-Red dress
-Blue dress
-Green dress
-Purple dress
-Fireflower dress
-Mario Tennis Costume

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Personally I think Daisy's Smash look, if she's in the classic dress would have a heavier flower motif like how Rosalina got a stronger star one. I'm imagining the hem of her dress with an additional white lace frill that looks like it's made of a lot of small white flowers. A daisy-chain if you will.
They have done it for other characters as well, so why not?

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
I would love to see Daisy in Smash in a stylized version of her classic dress but with her current hair and face (hate the old long hair! Lol).

I’m worried that they may not do this because it’s so specific of a design choice, but if I remember correctly Roy’s outfit is partially original, plus it would make her look more distinguishable from yellow Peach on the map.

The white daisies on the bottom of her dress sounds so frickin beautiful lol

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I would love to see Daisy in Smash in a stylized version of her classic dress but with her current hair and face (hate the old long hair! Lol).

I’m worried that they may not do this because it’s so specific of a design choice, but if I remember correctly Roy’s outfit is partially original, plus it would make her look more distinguishable from yellow Peach on the map.

The white daisies on the bottom of her dress sounds so frickin beautiful lol
For :4feroy:, his is a mix of how he appears in his game and how he appears as an einhirjar in Awakening. If they did it with him, why not her?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So anything I've missed?

Oh most talk was more about the the Mario movie? Which I can't blame since there's hardly much Daisy related news to talk about. Unless any of you discussed the "rumored" Mario Party 11 that may happen.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So anything I've missed?

Oh most talk was more about the the Mario movie? Which I can't blame since there's hardly much Daisy related news to talk about. Unless any of you discussed the "rumored" Mario Party 11 that may happen.
Oh lord, is it gonna be Mario Party on Motorcycles now?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Meh, Mario Party dropped in quality since ND-Cude developed the series.

I would be cautiously optimistic, but eh. Who knows if this guy is telling the truth.

And I'm not expecting Daisy to have the tan outside the new LINE stickers either.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
No, not much is known about it except for a guy with a "reliable source" saying it is a Mario Party 11 in the works and coming next year. And yeah, I have my expectations low on this one knowing how 9 and 10 were.

https://mynintendonews.com/2018/02/05/rumour-mario-party-11-apparently-coming-to-switch-in-2019/
Let's be honest, lots of rumourmongers claim to have or be "reliable sources" and they aren't. :p

Moreover, "There's going to be a new Mario Party game!" is quite possibly one of the safest bets ever. :laugh: That's one of those "A broken clock is right twice a day" things.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Let's be honest, lots of rumourmongers claim to have or be "reliable sources" and they aren't. :p

Moreover, "There's going to be a new Mario Party game!" is quite possibly one of the safest bets ever. :laugh: That's one of those "A broken clock is right twice a day" things.
Yeah, you know what's up.

Mario Party is too easy to predict. And yeah, I doubt he's really that credible of a "leaker".

But yeah, we have Tennis and Kart so far. A Switch Mario Party is bound to happen anyway.

~~Do I say yeah too much?~~

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, you know what's up.

Mario Party is too easy to predict. And yeah, I doubt he's really that credible of a "leaker".
My thinking exactly. It'd be like if I said "They're going to make a new Mario game!". Well, duh! :laugh:

That said, I hope that, when we do inevitably see Mario Party, that it offers online-play. There hasn't been a Mario Party title yet that has it, as far as I know, and it's simply not always possible to gather players in the same place for it.

But yeah, we have Tennis and Kart so far. A Switch Mario Party is bound to happen anyway.
I'm really looking forward to Mario Tennis Aces, incidentally. I think that its debut showing, though brief, was promising, since they've gone all-out on little details that they didn't even need to bother with.

~~Do I say yeah too much?~~
Yeah. :p

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
What Mario Party needs is to A. go back to the old formula of everyone move individually, then minigame. B. Some kind of online mode (even if it's just the minigames) C. Some kind of story/adventure mode to give some meat to those of us without friends (which is anyone after a round of classic Mario Party ^_^).

One thing that would help I think is bringing back Mario Party 2's outfits and have them be unlockables. That way no boards are locked up and you get more than weaksauce Smash trophies.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
What Mario Party needs is to A. go back to the old formula of everyone move individually, then minigame. B. Some kind of online mode (even if it's just the minigames) C. Some kind of story/adventure mode to give some meat to those of us without friends (which is anyone after a round of classic Mario Party ^_^).

One thing that would help I think is bringing back Mario Party 2's outfits and have them be unlockables. That way no boards are locked up and you get more than weaksauce Smash trophies.
This, all this.

Online multiplayer is long overdue for Mario Party.

Though it can get awkward if you play a round with multiple Daisies. lol

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
C. Some kind of story/adventure mode to give some meat to those of us without friends (which is anyone after a round of classic Mario Party ^_^).
Would the Bowser's Tower mode, from Mario Party: Island Tour on the 3DS, make a good basis for this?

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Would the Bowser's Tower mode, from Mario Party: Island Tour on the 3DS, make a good basis for this?
Wouldn't know to be honest, never played that one. Had one like Mario Party 5 or Mario Party 7 in mind.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Anyways, I'll do the honors of adding any new supporters to the list that I've missed for the last few months.

Correct me if I'm wrong if I've missed anyone.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
I have low expectations for Mario Party 11, but not for Mario Kart Tour :bee: Seems great.

Anyways, I'll do the honors of adding any new supporters to the list that I've missed for the last few months.

Correct me if I'm wrong if I've missed anyone.
I’m one of those missing lol

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I think that should be everyone.

Other than that, I can say it's good to be back mates. Hope things aren't too boring here.

What were the most common discussions that occurred than Daisy's moveset and her design?

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
I think that should be everyone.

Other than that, I can say it's good to be back mates. Hope things aren't too boring here.

What were the most common discussions that occurred than Daisy's moveset and her design?
In terms of design, most people are on board with her having her dress over her sports outfit. I'm one of them!

My ideal Daisy in Smash look: Classic dress, but current face, short hair, crown.

In terms of movesets some people want her to be a Peach semiclone and some want her to have original moves.

I want her to have original moves, but no baseball bat, racket, or golf club. I'd prefer wackier attacks like Piranha Plants, yelling to create soundwaves, and a dice block.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
In terms of design, most people are on board with her having her dress over her sports outfit. I'm one of them!

My ideal Daisy in Smash look: Classic dress, but current face, short hair, crown.

In terms of movesets some people want her to be a Peach semiclone and some want her to have original moves.

I want her to have original moves, but no baseball bat, racket, or golf club. I'd prefer wackier attacks like Piranha Plants, yelling to create soundwaves, and a dice block.
Lol people still want Daisy to use that loud voice of her's to her advantage.

Though wanting the dress the most isn't out of the ordinary when that's her most iconic design than the semi-common Sports Outfit and the Strikers suit.

I can see where both sides are going with the semi-clone and original route. Both wouldn't really both me, but I would rather prefer something original since I would appreciate more care put into Daisy's moveset than a last minute clone.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
So anything I've missed?

I just hope that if an MP11 does happen, it's actually good again. Not related to disscusion, but 2 days ago I underwent a minor surgery but I am 100% okay thank goodness.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I just hope that if an MP11 does happen, it's actually good again. Not related to disscusion, but 2 days ago I underwent a minor surgery but I am 100% okay thank goodness.
Wow, I didn't expected to read this, it's great to know everything went alright for ya! :D

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Not related to disscusion, but 2 days ago I underwent a minor surgery but I am 100% okay thank goodness.
I'm glad to hear that it went well and that you're alright!

I just hope that if an MP11 does happen, it's actually good again.
I've only ever played Mario Party: Island Tour, so I've never experienced any of the Mario Party titles that people say are the "good" ones, but even so I've really enjoyed it.

If the next Mario Party returns to what people seem to regard as the series' heights, then I'm going to be in for a really good game, aren't I? :laugh:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Ballot-winner Shovel Knight. :p
Arguing sources are usually a bad sign of a leak's veracity or an astounding one as they go ahead and try to extend their 15 minutes of fame by claiming the geuinie article is fake.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Arguing sources are usually a bad sign of a leak's veracity or an astounding one as they go ahead and try to extend their 15 minutes of fame by claiming the geuinie article is fake.
Yes, I know, but I was pointing out that the one claiming that it's incorrect was the originator of Ballot-winner Shovel Knight. ;)

It's not a leak if it's not real, incidentally - the word for this is "rumour", not "leak". :p

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Yes, I know, but I was pointing out that the one claiming that it's incorrect was the originator of Ballot-winner Shovel Knight. ;)

It's not a leak if it's not real, incidentally - the word for this is "rumour", not "leak". :p
I've been on these boards too long. My brain's got leak as a synonym for rumor now.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I'm glad to hear that it went well and that you're alright!

I've only ever played Mario Party: Island Tour, so I've never experienced any of the Mario Party titles that people say are the "good" ones, but even so I've really enjoyed it.

If the next Mario Party returns to what people seem to regard as the series' heights, then I'm going to be in for a really good game, aren't I? :laugh:
In my experience the first 3 are the most salt inducing and fun ones of the bunch.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
And that's a wrap, another "rumor" debunked.

But either way, a Mario Party 11 is obviously bound to happen one day. It's a cash cow as far as Mario spinoff games.

And who wouldn't want to play as Daisy in them?

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Would you guys want Daisy to have new voice clips in Smash or reuse existing ones?

I personally think she has too many good voices already to pass up on. Especially from Mario Kart Wii and Double Dash!

Top Bottom