• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy Discussion

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Well they did good enough with her anyway :)
I'll still use peach, especially if they're close to the same, but I do prefer Daisy.

I'm going to main her for sure. I decided to have a couple mains, especially at first, but she'll always be top gal for me :)

DaisyandRosalina

Smash Apprentice
Yo, in that video just above, we got Daisy's idle animations, and they look great! Well, one of them is almost unnoticeable, I'm not even sure it's an idle... But here they are anyway!

Images don't seem to be loading, so I added links to them. Let me know if those don't work either.

Daisy clasps her hands and stretches them above her head:

Daisy puts her hands on her hips and winks to the camera while shimmying around a bit:

This one's hard to see, so I zoomed in on Daisy. She opens her hand, raises it just a little above her hips, and then swipes it down before going back to her resting animation.

Overall, I love 'em. The stretching one is perfect, the hands-on-hips one is cute, and... The opening hand one is fine? I dunno. But she has 3 idles! Most characters have only 2! Peach has 4 in Smash 4 (Only character to have that, and Zelda is the only one with 3), for reference.
I can't see the pictures... :/

Almand

Smash Journeyman
I can't see the pictures... :/
For now, click the links I added to the original post! Sorry for the confusion; I'll see if I can get it working. But they're all also in the video just above the original post, if you wanna see 'em in motion!

mediyogurt

Smash Cadet
Daisy's animations are stuffed with personality. Just watching her idle with such energy was a treat.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So now the gameis getting datamined, how long until we know the full list of Peach/Daisy differences.

I don't think we had any hard data on Pit and Dark pit for months after 4's release so I'm not hodling my breath.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
So now the gameis getting datamined, how long until we know the full list of Peach/Daisy differences.

I don't think we had any hard data on Pit and Dark pit for months after 4's release so I'm not hodling my breath.
And even if we knew the differences right now, we wouldn't know how impactful they are until we get actual hands on the game.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
And even if we knew the differences right now, we wouldn't know how impactful they are until we get actual hands on the game.
Yeah, for all we know, having slightly different angles on forward smash could be the difference between Fox at 100% living and getting KO'd or being a couple inches smaller could mean escaping the first infinite while Peach is stuck.

Almand

Smash Journeyman
My guesses as for differences. Fair warning, I'm gonna use Smash 4 values for some of these, which may or may not be true in SSBU.

-Daisy will be faster in all regards:
-Run Speed for Peach is 1.4175, whereas Daisy will be 1.55 to 1.65 (Lucario to just barely above Rosalina). Not incredibly fast, of course, but faster.
-Walk Speed for Peach is 0.86, Daisy may be 0.92 to 0.98 (Just barely above Dr. Mario to King Dedede). Again, not a massive change.
-Air Speed for Peach is 0.95, but Daisy may be 1 to 1.05 (From Bowser to Default Mii Gunner).
-Fall Speed for Peach is 1.15, Fast Fall is 1.84. Daisy may be 1.3 (Fast Fall 2.08, same as Samus) to 1.4 (Fast Fall 2.24, same as Charizard.)
-Daisy will be marginally heaver than Peach (Peach is 89, but Daisy may be 91 to 93, same as Palutena and Toon Link respectively.)
-To compensate (slightly) for these buffs, Daisy will have slightly less range. In the same way that Lucina is smaller and has smaller hitboxes, Daisy's moves will have slightly lower reach. Forward Smash, Forward Air, etc., are noteworthy examples of this.

That's all I can really think of. I don't think they'll really have any differences in Damage, Angles, Knockback, etc., since they just seem so one-to-one except for *maybe* speed and the obvious animation changes we all know and love (Still obsessed with the red alt and hip-shake idle, btw, both are absolutely perfect). But we'll see!

Musha4DaWin

Smash Cadet
My guesses as for differences. Fair warning, I'm gonna use Smash 4 values for some of these, which may or may not be true in SSBU.

-Run Speed for Peach is 1.4175, whereas Daisy will be 1.55 to 1.65 (Lucario to just barely above Rosalina). Not incredibly fast, of course, but faster.
-
Walk Speed for Peach is 0.86, Daisy may be 0.92 to 0.98 (Just barely above Dr. Mario to King Dedede). Again, not a massive change.
-Air Speed for Peach is 0.95, but Daisy may be 1 to 1.05 (From Bowser to Default Mii Gunner).
-Fall Speed for Peach is 1.15, Fast Fall is 1.84. Daisy may be 1.3 (Fast Fall 2.08, same as Samus) to 1.4 (Fast Fall 2.24, same as Charizard.)
-Daisy will be marginally heaver than Peach (Peach is 89, but Daisy may be 91 to 93, same as Palutena and Toon Link respectively.)
-To compensate (slightly) for these buffs, Daisy will have slightly less range. In the same way that Lucina is smaller and has smaller hitboxes, Daisy's moves will have slightly lower reach. Forward Smash, Forward Air, etc., are noteworthy examples of this.

That's all I can really think of. I don't think they'll really have any differences in Damage, Angles, Knockback, etc., since they just seem so one-to-one except for *maybe* speed and the obvious animation changes we all know and love (Still obsessed with the red alt and hip-shake idle, btw, both are absolutely perfect). But we'll see!
That’s still heavily pointed towards Daisy. And also…
They’re the same. That dash speed vs Peach is noticeably too fast for range to balance it out.

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699

-
Walk Speed for Peach is 0.86, Daisy may be 0.92 to 0.98 (Just barely above Dr. Mario to King Dedede). Again, not a massive change.

She's faster and heavier with just less range to compensate? That doesn't sound fair.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Regardless of the differences, I'm glad Daisy is how she is :)
I'll see how I feel about peach once I try her, too.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Still no Peach and Daisy differences yet? Why do we have to wait so much? Datamined content where are you?
You're right that you'd think the data would be pouring in. If it's like the streamers i've seen around, the ones that got it early aren't vets at the game (as in, they're not very good :p)

I'd figure more info should be on the way..

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
11 days and a few hours in world of light and two on training mode to wait then it seems.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
By what little I've seen (trying to avoid too many spoilers) they seem to have really nailed Daisy persona-wise. The energy in her voice lines and various animations is at a perfectly loud level.

Just disappointing that she may be the clone-iest clone of them all, considering I've never enjoyed playing Peach.

But I'm gonna try.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
By what little I've seen (trying to avoid too many spoilers) they seem to have really nailed Daisy persona-wise. The energy in her voice lines and various animations is at a perfectly loud level.

Just disappointing that she may be the clone-iest clone of them all, considering I've never enjoyed playing Peach.

But I'm gonna try.
Maybe a more in your face attitude is enough to drastically alter tier list placing. It's all mind-games after wall.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Dunno if you guys saw this, but Peach (hence also daisy, probably) is busted:

Unfortunately that means they'll be patched at some point. Hopefully they still leave enough of it possible, it'd be cool to have some of that :)

Last edited:

Musha4DaWin

Smash Cadet
Dunno if you guys saw this, but Peach (hence also daisy, probably) is busted:

Unfortunately that means they'll be patched at some point. Hopefully they still leave enough of it possible, it'd be cool to have some of that :)
Yes. YES! US PEACH/DAISY MAINS SHALL WRECK THEM.

BoxedOccaBerrys

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BoXeDOccaBerrys
I'm literally posting for the first time in like two years what's popping losers

Anyhow, other than her cuter looks and personality, and new back air hitbox, how does Daisy differ from Peach so far?

Almand

Smash Journeyman
I'm literally posting for the first time in like two years what's popping losers

Anyhow, other than her cuter looks and personality, and new back air hitbox, how does Daisy differ from Peach so far?
Peach has a heart thingy on her Bair, if that's what you mean by the new hitbox. I don't think that's a difference, unless you're talking about something else entirely.

Other than that... Just aesthetics, really. I don't believe we've found any concrete differences in anything like speed, hitboxes, damage, etc.

Chibi-Chan

Smash Journeyman
Peach has a heart thingy on her Bair, if that's what you mean by the new hitbox. I don't think that's a difference, unless you're talking about something else entirely.

Other than that... Just aesthetics, really. I don't believe we've found any concrete differences in anything like speed, hitboxes, damage, etc.
Bair looks aesthetically different, but from my testing, they are identical. Same damage on both sweet and sour spot and I think same frame data. Hitbox can't be that different...

DaisyandRosalina

Smash Apprentice
I think players have found at least one difference to each echo except Daisy, seriously, what is her difference? There is no way her gameplay will be 100% identical after Sakurai started he only adds echoes if they have at least one gameplay difference during Smash 4.

Chibi-Chan

Smash Journeyman
I think players have found at least one difference to each echo except Daisy, seriously, what is her difference? There is no way her gameplay will be 100% identical after Sakurai started he only adds echoes if they have at least one gameplay difference during Smash 4.
Daisy's Upsmash is different, I reported this in the differences thread.

Also Simon and Richter are the only ones that seem 10000% identical. Dark Samus has some tiny almost negligible differences.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
As far as we know, Echos only need to have a new story mode, new taunt animations and new victory poses.

It's looking like Peach and Daisy are like the Shovel and the Frying Pan in Team Fortress 2. I hope that some difference is found but even if there isn't I'll stick with Daisy. Why ever use the Shovel when you have the Frying Pan?

Chibi-Chan

Smash Journeyman
As far as we know, Echos only need to have a new story mode, new taunt animations and new victory poses.

It's looking like Peach and Daisy are like the Shovel and the Frying Pan in Team Fortress 2. I hope that some difference is found but even if there isn't I'll stick with Daisy. Why ever use the Shovel when you have the Frying Pan?
They do have different Classic mode courses, yup! Every character has a specific theme.

DaisyandRosalina

Smash Apprentice
Daisy's Upsmash is different, I reported this in the differences thread.

Also Simon and Richter are the only ones that seem 10000% identical. Dark Samus has some tiny almost negligible differences.
Wait, what? Their upsmash is different? Did I miss someting?

I wouldn't be that surprised if Richter will turn out to be the most unchanged echo tbh.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

Why use the Frying Pan when you have the Bat Outta Hell?

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
To be honest I am glad she doesn't have it, because if she had it even more people would go: "Ugh, so annoying, please get her out of Smash now!".
I miss her “annoyingness”. In Smash, she sounds way too quiet; I think the voice clips they chose are very lame

Top Bottom