• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy Discussion

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Daisy's awesome :)

Peach too, though I wonder how she is compared to daisy (still no gameplay of her)

zferolie

Smash Hero
Seems like Daisy has some amazing expressions.

That last one though, is that her defeat clap? She looks so unamused while clapping, like she doesn't want to actually congratulate the winner.

Almand

Smash Journeyman
I will stand up and cheer if that last image is her no contest/defeated clap. That's absolutely perfect.

As for alts, I'm a nerd for smaller things (like gloves) changing colors, and that red/black alt is gorgeous in that regard. I'm gonna go with that one, and it just so happens that red is my favorite color! It's perfect! That or pink is gonna be my go-to.

Daisy's looking to be incredible in Ultimate. She's faster, too, which is wonderful! It's at the cost of a bit of range, it seems, but that's a decent tradeoff. Only time will tell, though.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I will stand up and cheer if that last image is her no contest/defeated clap. That's absolutely perfect.

As for alts, I'm a nerd for smaller things (like gloves) changing colors, and that red/black alt is gorgeous in that regard. I'm gonna go with that one, and it just so happens that red is my favorite color! It's perfect! That or pink is gonna be my go-to.

Daisy's looking to be incredible in Ultimate. She's faster, too, which is wonderful! It's at the cost of a bit of range, it seems, but that's a decent tradeoff. Only time will tell, though.
So is that the difference? Fast but some of her moves have less range? Is that documented? Any other changes? Sorry haven't been able to watch to much of her videos and I am terrible at spotting small changes like that

Teeb147

Smash Legend
So is that the difference? Fast but some of her moves have less range? Is that documented? Any other changes? Sorry haven't been able to watch to much of her videos and I am terrible at spotting small changes like that
Not not entirely, her fair and f-tilt have more range, actually. The rest it's hard to tell, maybe a few things have a bit less range, but overall it seemed fine to me.

Last edited:

ε Epsilon ε

Smash Rookie
Has Daisy's boxing ring alias been discovered? Is it the boring "Princess of Sarasaland" title everyone is speculating?

Almand

Smash Journeyman
That's just what I've heard. I think she's faster, based on the videos, but I'm not 100% sure on the less range thing. Could be true, maybe it's not, but I feel something has to give (assuming it's not just a Ganondorf or Bowser thing where they look faster just because of stuff like Dash Dancing and the overall faster pace of Ultimate).

Teeb147

Smash Legend
That's just what I've heard. I think she's faster, based on the videos, but I'm not 100% sure on the less range thing. Could be true, maybe it's not, but I feel something has to give (assuming it's not just a Ganondorf or Bowser thing where they look faster just because of stuff like Dash Dancing and the overall faster pace of Ultimate).
I went back to check and I didnt see too much have less range. Up-air has a narrower hitbox, and down-air seems a bit smaller too, but other than that Im not sure, and fair and f-tilt have more range. So it might be balanced out, dunno. She is definitely faster, though there's a few other characters that got decent speed boosts too.
She seems good anyway :)
I wonder how peach is different. Maybe her up-air is better because Daisy's also doesn't have much power to it, from what i saw. still good tho.

I'm really considering maining her (not solo-maining tho)

zferolie

Smash Hero
I heard a Daisy player won the tourny there. If thats true why haven't more pros been jumping on frame dataing everything about her? I am very curious to find out everything different about her.

Also, I know people like to knock her final smash, but I love it. First off, the different animations artwork and poses for daisy there are amazing. 2, the healing you get from your flowers is amazing. looks like if you grab all 3 you could maybe get 50% at least back? And last, seems like the sleep duration is longer too, to make sure you get that maximum damage. plus being able to drop it anywhere and it hits everyone is great.

But I am not sure how pros feel about final smashes... I would think with the meter being added they would be all for it, but Mewtwoking just ignores FS, saying no one cares about them, which shocks me

shammah121

Smash Cadet
Purple alt is my favorite!!
Anywho, I know a lot of people don't like the voice clips that were picked for Daisy-----And I do agree that there are better ones-----but I feel that they tell Peach and Daisy apart in terms of personality! Like Daisy gets so excited when she tosses a turnip XDDD

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I heard a Daisy player won the tourny there. If thats true why haven't more pros been jumping on frame dataing everything about her? I am very curious to find out everything different about her.

Also, I know people like to knock her final smash, but I love it. First off, the different animations artwork and poses for daisy there are amazing. 2, the healing you get from your flowers is amazing. looks like if you grab all 3 you could maybe get 50% at least back? And last, seems like the sleep duration is longer too, to make sure you get that maximum damage. plus being able to drop it anywhere and it hits everyone is great.

But I am not sure how pros feel about final smashes... I would think with the meter being added they would be all for it, but Mewtwoking just ignores FS, saying no one cares about them, which shocks me
Daisy's final smash is op, when you consider all it can do.
But she's still good and I want to use her in competitive (where there wont be final smashes)
Final smashes are way too unbalanced to use there. it's already obvious.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Daisy's final smash is op, when you consider all it can do.
But she's still good and I want to use her in competitive (where there wont be final smashes)
Final smashes are way too unbalanced to use there. it's already obvious.
Even with the smash meter they are too unbalanced?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Even with the smash meter they are too unbalanced?
Wayy too unbalanced. Some kill close to 0%. Some are really not good or too hard to land (or easily avoidable). Some are way better than others. Daisy's is one of the best, if not the best. You dont have to aim, you can be anywhere, you're almost bound to kill someone or more if they're close to kill percent with a charged smash attack, and you can heal most of your health back. :/ (yes more than 50% if you get all 3 flowers, but i dont know the exact amount)

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Wayy too unbalanced. Some kill close to 0%. Some are really not good or too hard to land (or easily avoidable). Some are way better than others. Daisy's is one of the best, if not the best. You dont have to aim, you can be anywhere, you're almost bound to kill someone or more if they're close to kill percent with a charged smash attack, and you can heal most of your health back. :/ (yes more than 50% if you get all 3 flowers, but i dont know the exact amount)
Ok with all those facts... yeah probably not pro level legal...

Speaking of pro, are they going to just use stages with hazards off are are our legal stages just 5 stages plus omega and battlefield forms?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Ok with all those facts... yeah probably not pro level legal...

Speaking of pro, are they going to just use stages with hazards off are are our legal stages just 5 stages plus omega and battlefield forms?
I think so. I'd like to have as many stages that are viable as possible, but it may get narrowed down again just because of how things have been done, i dont know.
And yeah hazards would be off if there's some good stages for it.

On another note, I was looking back at gameplay, and I decided to main Daisy like I was thinking :)
Apparently Peach is pretty much the same, from word of mouth (no video), so I'd be able to use peach too. <3

Treked

Smash Cadet
NNID
3DS FC
4296-3633-4104
Switch FC
SW-3184-5921-0328
Did the Spanish player have the game set to English?
I don't think that influences anything Daisy will keep the same voice clips in all versions. Playable characters that are dubbed in spanish settings as far as I know are the Pokémon and Wii Fit Trainers, Sonic and Lucario. Funnily enough other members of the cast got official voices in spanish that weren't used.

shammah121

Smash Cadet
I don't think that influences anything Daisy will keep the same voice clips in all versions. Playable characters that are dubbed in spanish settings as far as I know are the Pokémon and Wii Fit Trainers, Sonic and Lucario. Funnily enough other members of the cast got official voices in spanish that weren't used.
I couldn't tell, but I think Chrom and other Fire Emblem characters got dubbed----don't take my word for it though! I could've been hearing things.

Treked

Smash Cadet
NNID
3DS FC
4296-3633-4104
Switch FC
SW-3184-5921-0328
I couldn't tell, but I think Chrom and other Fire Emblem characters got dubbed----don't take my word for it though! I could've been hearing things.
That would be very strange not impossible but I don't know why they would be getting voices first in Smash rather than their own games except for Ike because Radiant Dawn got dubbed. Also I think I heard Lucina talk in english in one of the spanish tournaments so... Well until the game comes out I'm not going to assure anything.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Nope. Outside of specific cases like Wii Fit Trainer and Pokemon Trainer(and Cloud, who still speaks japanese regardless of language, he's the only one with this distinction), everybody speaks english(Ray Chase voicing my boy let's go!).

shammah121

Smash Cadet
Nope. Outside of specific cases like Wii Fit Trainer and Pokemon Trainer(and Cloud, who still speaks japanese regardless of language, he's the only one with this distinction), everybody speaks english(Ray Chase voicing my boy let's go!).
Ah! I'm probably just not use to Chrom's voice then!

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
As much as I love Daisy in Smash I kinda am very disappointed with her voice clips. I just feel like they went too soft; there's not enough of the screaming which I love. The ironic part is that such voice clips would be fitting for a fighting game :/

I don't mind her being an Echo but, if you're gonna give her the same moveset, at least make her sound louder or more distinct

Ah! I'm probably just not use to Chrom's voice then!
Love the Himari icon! I'm a Precure fan as well

Last edited:

shammah121

Smash Cadet
As much as I love Daisy in Smash I kinda am very disappointed with her voice clips. I just feel like they went too soft; there's not enough of the screaming which I love. The ironic part is that such voice clips would be fitting for a fighting game :/

I don't mind her being an Echo but, if you're gonna give her the same moveset, at least make her sound louder or more distinct

Love the Himari icon! I'm a Precure fan as well
Thanks! Himari/Cure Custard is my favorite yellow Cure!
It would be cool if future smash installments would have an option where characters have alternate voices! Kinda like what Puyo Puyo Tetris did, but Smash could just use prerecorded clips from other games! Imagine getting the voice clips for Daisy from Mario Kart Wii or Mario Tennis Aces!

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
So both Marth AND Roy are speaking English despite always speaking Japanese since Melee because Fire Emblem only became international after their debut in Melee, and Cloud who's been known for Steve Burton's voice for nearly a decade couldn't have his English voice? And Yuri Lowenthal is a union actor.

Treked

Smash Cadet
NNID
3DS FC
4296-3633-4104
Switch FC
SW-3184-5921-0328
So both Marth AND Roy are speaking English despite always speaking Japanese since Melee because Fire Emblem only became international after their debut in Melee, and Cloud who's been known for Steve Burton's voice for nearly a decade couldn't have his English voice? And Yuri Lowenthal is a union actor.
Well if you have in account the OVA Marth speaked english way before Fire Emblem became international. And he already was voiced in Code Name S.T.E.A.M., Fire Emblem Fates, Fire Emblem Warriors and Fire Emblem Heroes. Roy only in Heroes but seeing as Ike got a new voice from there too guess they wanna stick with these for the characters. Cloud case dunno... Maybe Square doesn't care.

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
They speak english because it's been a while since both got english voice actors(Marth in Codename S.T.E.A.M. and Roy in Fire Emblem Heroes). Cloud's case boils down to legal issues, normally Steve Burton would be able to get around the non-union issue the same way Yuri Lowenthall, Matthew Mercer, Anthony Del Rio and David Hayter did, by choosing to go uncredited, however Steve's contract with Square Enix states that in any media he voices him, he has to be credited, and since Smash is a non-union project, he can't go uncredited.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Thanks! Himari/Cure Custard is my favorite yellow Cure!
It would be cool if future smash installments would have an option where characters have alternate voices! Kinda like what Puyo Puyo Tetris did, but Smash could just use prerecorded clips from other games! Imagine getting the voice clips for Daisy from Mario Kart Wii or Mario Tennis Aces!
That'd be a great idea. Even for characters like Mario or Peach, maybe even Melee voices could be used.

Regarding Precure (LOL offtopic), my favorite is Cure Mint. Hoping for more green haired Cures in the future :/ (only 2? seriously?)

Also guys, what would you think of Daisy being an Echo of Wii Fit Trainer in some alternate imagination? I'd be so down for it. Recently I've been loving Wii Fit's wacky playstyle, and seeing it, I can see Daisy doing it.

She'd do all the poses but have her own idle and run animations and taunts. The volleyball can be reskinned and even the Sun Salutation and hoola hoops can be edited into flower power. Thoughts?

(I'm happy about her being a Peach echo, this is just an idea)

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Nobody posted so I dumped a draft in the post below pls understand
I've been thinking about Piranha Plant Daisy still and even though it's never something that Sakurai would pick for Daisy, it does have a lot of potential

I mean look at how I can perfectly replicate multiple "unique" movesets:

:4corrin::
Neutral B: Venus Plant Shot:
The Piranha Plant opens its mouth and charges a big ball of goop that stuns opponents.

Side B: Plant Lunch
The Piranha Plant lunges with its neck, biting the opponents' leg and immobilising it

Up B: Flower Wings
The Piranha Plant dons a set of wings like in Mario Maker and jumps up

Down B: Goop Slam
If Daisy is hit, the Piranha Plant counters by spouting up goop in all directions.
Which looks like a dragon.
Lol

:rosalina:
Neutral B: Plant Launch
Daisy pushes the Potted Piranha Plant Cart forward

Side B: Nippers
The Plant spews a few Nipper seeds forward

Up B: Flower Launch
Daisy summons a Flower Trampoline to jump from

Down B: Tornado Pull
The Plant swings its neck around to create a tornado that sucks in items

You guys have any other sets to replicate with this idea?
I can't believe THIS was the prediction that became semi-true

Almand

Smash Journeyman
Daisy's clapping animation can be found here. Now, I kinda wish it was like... More condescending, I guess? Slower, with a facial expression more like this:

As if she's saying "Woooooow, you won. Cool, now let's move onto the next game." Sure, the animation we got is peppy and fun, which is exactly what Daisy should be, but... C'mon, wouldn't that smug grin and slow, methodic clap look incredible? Her parallel to "Oh, did I win?" from Peach.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Daisy's clapping animation can be found here. Now, I kinda wish it was like... More condescending, I guess? Slower, with a facial expression more like this:

As if she's saying "Woooooow, you won. Cool, now let's move onto the next game." Sure, the animation we got is peppy and fun, which is exactly what Daisy should be, but... C'mon, wouldn't that smug grin and slow, methodic clap look incredible? Her parallel to "Oh, did I win?" from Peach.
There'll be a mod for it eventually im sure ;p
I mean, why not. but i when someone showed those pictures i did think it was real, too bad. i like her cute one too.

zferolie

Smash Hero

Aw would have been amazing if Daisy was the new Luigi stare. Still it fits her that more peppy animation.

Honestly, I love how is looks so far, and being a peach clone doesn't bother me. I do wish maybe she pulled Carrots up instead of Turnips. I know the carrot upgrade was in Land 2 and daisy wasn't there, but it would have been a nice nod still to the land games, and make it a bit more visually different from peach

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Aw would have been amazing if Daisy was the new Luigi stare. Still it fits her that more peppy animation.

Honestly, I love how is looks so far, and being a peach clone doesn't bother me. I do wish maybe she pulled Carrots up instead of Turnips. I know the carrot upgrade was in Land 2 and daisy wasn't there, but it would have been a nice nod still to the land games, and make it a bit more visually different from peach
I think that's an idea they could've done for sure, or at least carrots could be a rare pull but only to daisy. and maybe peach could pull something she couldn't.
Even little minor differences between them wouldve been interesting.

Last edited:

Almand

Smash Journeyman
Yo, in that video just above, we got Daisy's idle animations, and they look great! Well, one of them is almost unnoticeable, I'm not even sure it's an idle... But here they are anyway!

Images don't seem to be loading, so I added links to them. Let me know if those don't work either.

Idle 1: Daisy clasps her hands and stretches them above her head:

Idle 2: Daisy puts her hands on her hips and winks to the camera while shimmying around a bit:

Idle 3: This one's hard to see, so I zoomed in on Daisy. She opens her hand, raises it just a little above her hips, and then swipes it down before going back to her resting animation.

Overall, I love 'em. The stretching one is perfect, the hands-on-hips one is cute, and... The opening hand one is fine? I dunno. But she has 3 idles! Most characters have only 2! Peach has 4 in Smash 4 (Only character to have that, and Zelda is the only one with 3), for reference.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Yo, in that video just above, we got Daisy's idle animations, and they look great! Well, one of them is almost unnoticeable, I'm not even sure it's an idle... But here they are anyway!

Images don't seem to be loading, so I added links to them. Let me know if those don't work either.

Daisy clasps her hands and stretches them above her head:

Daisy puts her hands on her hips and winks to the camera while shimmying around a bit:

This one's hard to see, so I zoomed in on Daisy. She opens her hand, raises it just a little above her hips, and then swipes it down before going back to her resting animation.

Overall, I love 'em. The stretching one is perfect, the hands-on-hips one is cute, and... The opening hand one is fine? I dunno. But she has 3 idles! Most characters have only 2! Peach has 4 in Smash 4 (Only character to have that, and Zelda is the only one with 3), for reference.
Yeah I got to say they put a TON of personality into Daisy's animations. its facinating!

Top Bottom