• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy Discussion

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Still hyped about the Double Jump? Though it's kind of generic, I guess it could fit a potential 3D Mario game if done right. Anything for more playable platform appearances for Daisy.

Though like Ark said, I'm keeping all expectations in check knowing how the main Mario team feels about certain characters.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Something I noticed is that Daisy seems to really be in your face in certain games lately, it's strange but funny.

I really don't want to sound like memoryman3 but:
In Sports Superstars, she is on all sports menu photos except baseball (she's on tennis, horseriding, and soccer); plus she's on the cover.
In an official trailer for Mario Party the top 100, all you see in every shot of minigames is Daisy. lol

So that's pretty cool.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Something I noticed is that Daisy seems to really be in your face in certain games lately, it's strange but funny.

In Sports Superstars, she is on all sports menu photos except baseball (she's on tennis, horseriding, and soccer); plus she's on the cover.
In an official trailer for Mario Party the top 100, all you see in every shot of minigames is Daisy. lol

So that's pretty cool.
Maybe because she strikes us as the type that wants to be in the center of attention, hence the Hot Stuff taunt in Strikers Charged?

That's a really neat detail about her.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

So that's pretty cool.

Daisy being in the spotlight wasn't very unusual. She dies seem like the time that wants to get all sorts of publicity and attention. Sure it's strange, but I see it as very fitting. Like Waluigi constantly wanting to upstage his rival Luigi.

Still, good call StarCrystal.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Daisy being in the spotlight wasn't very unusual. She dies seem like the time that wants to get all sorts of publicity and attention. Sure it's strange, but I see it as very fitting. Like Waluigi constantly wanting to upstage his rival Luigi.

Still, good call StarCrystal.
haha no, not strange in terms of her personality or anything in-game universe (in fact it is very fitting of her character), but the fact that Nintendo constantly ignored her before, but now they are making her in the spotlight. They put her in almost all of those menu pictures, the box art riding the horse, she's in Mario Run, etc.

Look at all the Daisies. lol

And here's the MP Top 100 trailer where Daisy is everywhere.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
but the fact that Nintendo constantly ignored her before, but now they are making her in the spotlight
I don't think that they ever intentionally ignore a character. It's more that they change around who or what's being promoted as trends change. :p

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I don't think that they ever intentionally ignore a character. It's more that they change around who or what's being promoted as trends change. :p
Torilla has a point. They just choose whoever they want for the promos.

The same can be said fro a character like Toad too (and his generic design being all over Paper Mario)

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
That kind of makes me wonder what sort of a kingdom Sarasaland is when Daisy's there doing her job, instead of going off gallivanting in the Mushroom Kingdom. :laugh:
I like to think that Daisy is more willing to get her hands dirty and more personal to certain matters compared to Peach.

Electrafying

Smash Rookie
I think Daisy is a great addition! She has enough speed and rage-inducing power to be in this game! And I love the peach color skin, but two more skins will fit since you have 8 players.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
You know what Smash 5 needs? A Mario Tennis stage. It could be either Waluigi or Daisy's home stage.

We need Ultra Smash music the most, though, especially Classic Tennis! This song is so baddass. For Glory material.

This song is so baddass. For Glory material. Also, I strongly dislike the choice to add non-battle/peaceful/unfitting songs to the Smash series. It had always irritated me. A lot of Yosh, Animal Crossing, and Pikmin songs are known for this. I don't know; even something like the 3D World theme is unfitting for Smash. Just a personal preference I guess- I like the more action-oriented songs. Don't get me wong though- a good Yoshi song isYoshi's Island on the Wii U, and there are a few Animal Crossing gems like Go KK Rider. But Ending (Yoshi's Story) is perhaps one of the worst choices in my opinion lol it's too cute for battle.

And, just so this topic stays on the theme of Daisy- I thought about it, and a triple jump (like many of you said) would be a fun and cool ability for Daisy to have in Smash Switch. Her Up B as a recovery would probably be poor, and used for offense instead.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Also, I strongly dislike the choice to add non-battle/peaceful/unfitting songs to the Smash series. It had always irritated me. A lot of Yosh, Animal Crossing, and Pikmin songs are known for this. I don't know; even something like the 3D World theme is unfitting for Smash. Just a personal preference I guess- I like the more action-oriented songs. Don't get me wong though- a good Yoshi song isYoshi's Island on the Wii U, and there are a few Animal Crossing gems like Go KK Rider. But Ending (Yoshi's Story) is perhaps one of the worst choices in my opinion lol it's too cute for battle.
I've got to be honest, I like this, personally - it suits the series' over-the-top nature perfectly to have a random tune make a battle seem a bit ridiculous. :laugh:

I mean, would any of us really quibble with getting Super Mario Land's famous overworld theme in the game if Daisy made it in? It's certainly not a battle-suitable song (we'd have to go with the game's boss tune for that), but it'd work really well.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
I've got to be honest, I like this, personally - it suits the series' over-the-top nature perfectly to have a random tune make a battle seem a bit ridiculous. :laugh:

I mean, would any of us really quibble with getting Super Mario Land's famous overworld theme in the game if Daisy made it in? It's certainly not a battle-suitable song (we'd have to go with the game's boss tune for that), but it'd work really well.
Well I wouldn't prefer the original 8 bit one since it sounds more innocent. An upbeat remix? Yup!

Also would Daisy have her own victory theme? I honestly would prefer her to have the regular Super Mario fanfare song for some reason. ;)

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Also would Daisy have her own victory theme? I honestly would prefer her to have the regular Super Mario fanfare song for some reason. ;)
I suspect that she would have the regular one, to be honest. However, I'd certainly smile if they used the end-of-level fanfare from Super Mario Land.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
And here's the MP Top 100 trailer where Daisy is everywhere.
The amiibo needs to let us play as Goomba and Koopa Troopa in Mario Party. That would be better than a few extra coins.

The amiibos should have let us play as Toad, Donkey Kong, Bowser, Diddy Kong, Bowser Jr., and Boo as well.

You know what Smash 5 needs? A Mario Tennis stage. It could be either Waluigi or Daisy's home stage.
Mario Tennis stage for Waluigi. Super Mario Land stage for Daisy. That would be ideal.

Last edited:

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Are you guys aware of the We are Daisy group and petition? It might be silly to some of you, but I think it's hilariously awesome.

I certainly think they wouldn't have added Daisy into Mario Run if it weren't for the group's constant shoehorning of emails to Nintendo, Twitter posts, and a frickin' petition, lol.

Yes, I honestly believe it worked, cause realistically they would've added a character such as Rosalina or Nabbit before Daisy into a platformer. I mean, I was shocked. lol

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Are you guys aware of the We are Daisy group and petition? It might be silly to some of you, but I think it's hilariously awesome.

I certainly think they wouldn't have added Daisy into Mario Run if it weren't for the group's constant shoehorning of emails to Nintendo, Twitter posts, and a frickin' petition, lol.

Yes, I honestly believe it worked, cause realistically they would've added a character such as Rosalina or Nabbit before Daisy into a platformer. I mean, I was shocked. lol
If that's the case, good job. Now do the same for Sarasaland. I am tired of Nintendo mentioning Sarasaland in Daisy's bio in many games. I wish Nintendo made DLC for Super Mario Odyssey and it has a new kingdom that takes place in Sarasaland... maybe a mountain world called Easton Kingdom, since Sand Kingdom already represents the desert world (Birabuto), Seaside Kingdom already represents the ocean world (Muda), and Bowser's Kingdom already represents the Asian world (Chai). It really would be nice to see Daisy as an NPC in a 3D Mario game.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
If that's the case, good job. Now do the same for Sarasaland. I am tired of Nintendo mentioning Sarasaland in Daisy's bio in many games. I wish Nintendo made DLC for Super Mario Odyssey and it has a new kingdom that takes place in Sarasaland... maybe a mountain world called Easton Kingdom, since Sand Kingdom already represents the desert world (Birabuto), Seaside Kingdom already represents the ocean world (Muda), and Bowser's Kingdom already represents the Asian world (Chai). It really would be nice to see Daisy as an NPC in a 3D Mario game.
That's a good idea. Seeing her as an NPC would be awesome. If creating another game with a story in Sarasaland is too much/something they won't,the least they could do is create a continued story in Sarasaland as DLC for Oddysey like you said.

As an NPC we could see her having more dialogue (interesting to see talking to Mario) and characterization, and maybe she could get some cool clothes just like Peach.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

I am down with it if she got in.
I kinda wish they would since the desert world reminds me of Sarasaland.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
There is supposedly a Mario movie in the works, being created by the studio behind Minions.
https://www.google.com/search?q=new...rome..69i57.1701j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I would love for daisy to be in the movie and for spinoff characters to be added. I don't want them to go Sticker Star on us and only include red Toads, Mario, Peach, Luigi, and Bowser.

It'd be cool to see them talking in full dialogue and with such smooth animation!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I just hope Nintendo has a tight leash on this project. Last time Daisy starred in a movie it was about dimension hopping dinosaurs.

Matter of fact, I watched the SMB movie when I was a kid but had no clue it was like Nintendo's Mario. It was only when I got on the net later I put two and two together.

Last edited:

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Yeah hopefully the characters get justice in the new movie.

I honestly think that wasn't Daisy in the old one. At least in my opinion. I think the character is 100% intended to be Princess Peach/Toadstool, but was given the name Daisy instead of Toadstool. The fact that she was in love with Luigi was just a coincidence with the new Mario stuff.

Yeah it was bad, it was as if they thought the usual kid-friendly, colorful Mario games wouldn't appeal to kids so they attempted to do something more badass. Well, it failed.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
We do not speak of the Super Mario Bros Movie here..... Ever.

But yeah, I would be surprised if we see characters like Daisy to Waluigi in the upcoming Mario Bros movie.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Yeah it was bad, it was as if they thought the usual kid-friendly, colorful Mario games wouldn't appeal to kids so they attempted to do something more badass. Well, it failed.
For all its badness, what most people don't realise is just how influential of a movie it really was - it was the forerunner to modern bad movies based on famous franchises, which are always panned but usually do very well at the box-office.

Its history is also really interesting. It's worth taking a look at just to see where and how it all went wrong, especially since it originally started out as a more family-friendly concept.

We do not speak of the Super Mario Bros Movie here..... Ever.
It's undeniably fascinating, though. ;)

But yeah, I would be surprised if we see characters like Daisy to Waluigi in the upcoming Mario Bros movie.
A little while ago, we were saying that we didn't expect to see Daisy in Super Mario Run, too. ;)

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
A little while ago, we were saying that we didn't expect to see Daisy in Super Mario Run, too. ;)
True, we would be lucky f she did happen to show up in the movie. Depending on how much control Nintendo has or how would they want the movie to be.

Waluigi could easily be a stand in for the Minions, except he would be genuinely funny and less annoying.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Depending on how much control Nintendo has or how would they want the movie to be.
Considering recent statements about what made Nintendo shy away from licensing deals in the first place*, and how they won't let that happen again, I think we can expect them to be very hands-on, just as they have been with other recent collaborations, in line with their new licensing policies.

*Spoiler: As we all always suspected, it was Super Mario Bros.: The Movie.

Waluigi could easily be a stand in for the Minions, except he would be genuinely funny and less annoying.
I wonder if they'd make a "Waluigi Time" reference in there? :laugh:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hi guys, how's it...

> Super Mario Bros Movie

Oh right, that one movie where Daisy was a main character and part dinosaur. Let's all pretend that movie was a fever dream. And I do hope the Illuminaton Mario movie is good and has Daisy (even if she's a small cameo like Wreck It Ralph).

True, we would be lucky f she did happen to show up in the movie. Depending on how much control Nintendo has or how would they want the movie to be.

Nah, the Toads could easily be the Minions of the movie and you know it.

But I would do anything to see Waluigi there too.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Hi guys, how's it...

> Super Mario Bros Movie

Oh right, that one movie where Daisy was a main character and part dinosaur. Let's all pretend that movie was a fever dream. And I do hope the Illuminaton Mario movie is good and has Daisy (even if she's a small cameo like Wreck It Ralph).

Nah, the Toads could easily be the Minions of the movie and you know it.

But I would do anything to see Waluigi there too.
I think those were generic princesses and not Peach, Daisy, Rosalina. They did look quite similar though.

And true, I forgot that they might shill the Toads as badly as the Paper Mario games did.

Thatkidwiththeafro

The Pink Panther's Bro!
NNID
Mr.F-ZeroBias

Found these.... one can dream, right? ~ Afro

Mod edit: please put large image dumps in spoiler tags

Last edited by a moderator:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend

I have mixed thoughts on We are Daisy. I certainly support the cause, and they aren't particularly toxic, but something about their obsession rubs me the wrong way, (which is strange since I have pretty much the same obsession with Waluigi) but can you really blame 'em? Daisy is pretty much universally despised on a majority of the net so I can see why her fans can be so obsessive.

also, you know how people say it should either be Waluigi or Daisy? I think they should have both. Daisy could represent Mario sports, or just sports in general, while Waluigi could represent... well, Waluigi.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I have mixed thoughts on We are Daisy. I certainly support the cause, and they aren't particularly toxic, but something about their obsession rubs me the wrong way, (which is strange since I have pretty much the same obsession with Waluigi) but can you really blame 'em? Daisy is pretty much universally despised on a majority of the net so I can see why her fans can be so obsessive.

also, you know how people say it should either be Waluigi or Daisy? I think they should have both. Daisy could represent Mario sports, or just sports in general, while Waluigi could represent... well, Waluigi.
I have no strong feelings about the We Are Daisy group whatsoever. Even I doubt they were the reason behind Daisy being in Super Mario Run when when they treatened to disband the glorious over Daisy not being in Color Splash. At least from what I remember.

And we would be lucky to get both characters in Smash. Not that I believe in limited slots, but there are clearly limits as to how many characters we can get in Smash. If one day Sakurai decides to give us both, cool. But that would be very unlikely unless he sees enough merits to have both spinoff stars as the only Mario newcomers.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
And we would be lucky to get both characters in Smash. Not that I believe in limited slots, but there are clearly limits as to how many characters we can get in Smash. If one day Sakurai decides to give us both, cool. But that would be very unlikely unless he sees enough merits to have both spinoff stars as the only Mario newcomers.
And what if someone else with different views was the new director, instead? ;)

Granted, it doesn't give us a full picture, or even much of any sort of picture at all, but Sakurai purchasing a mech model-kit purely so as to study a realistic rifle (something he wrote about almost a year ago) doesn't seem to immediately scream "SUPER SMAAAAASH BROTHERS!" - at least to me, anyway. :laugh:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
And what if someone else with different views was the new director, instead? ;)

Granted, it doesn't give us a full picture, or even much of any sort of picture at all, but Sakurai purchasing a mech model-kit purely so as to study a realistic rifle (something he wrote about almost a year ago) doesn't seem to immediately scream "SUPER SMAAAAASH BROTHERS!" - at least to me, anyway. :laugh:
Yeah, but even then I doubt a new director would give us both characters in a Smash title one day. Unless he/she sees a reason to have them both.

Top Bottom