• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy Discussion

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
You have idea how hyped I'd be if the Statue was real. Reminds me of why Club Nintendo is far better than MyNintendo now.
xD Oh, I don't doubt the hype would go to the far reaches of outer space...., Nintendo could do it if they wanted to, or even a fan could and make it one of a kind somehow either hand sculpted or 3D printed, that is, if the person does not get a cease and desist if decided to reproduce them.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Well, I have now played as Daisy in a Mario platformer.

Her double Jump is fun.

Edit: okay, now that I’ve unlocked Daisy and am getting into the rest of the update, I got to say, this update really did add a lot. Daisy as a new character with her double jump is an immediate replay-ability to the rest of the game, because it’s a gameplay change.

Remix 10 is fun, but after doing 30 world’s of it I’m remix 10’d out. It’s biggest drawback is the short bursts create a lack of challenge, especially combined with the fact you can’t lose, you can just completely fail to beat any level or get any bonus coins, by you’ll still proceed forward. But it does give you the ability to unlock Daisy, really fill out your “Toad Kingdom” with structures, many of which were previously limited time only I think (I have so many fireworks canons now.), and use up some toad rally tickets, where mine were sitting quite comfortably at 99 due to question mark blocks in my Kingdom.

The star maps add a badly needed post game to the main ‘tour’ campaign. First off the challenges to unlock them are fun, and then these levels seem to keep the mario tradition alive of star-levels just being a cut above your typical Mario level. These are some grade A mario levels right here, and as this thread will appreciate, I’m doing it as princess Daisy for a vast majority. I look forward to unlocking the special world pipe and seeing what I get for that.

And being able to use my own music meant I had one of the best Final Fantasy VI/mario gameplay music coincisyncs I’ve ever seen with Gogo’s theme ending at the end of a level and having its musical changes seem to also line up perfectly with me stomping Koopa.

Toad Rally being expanded upon with new levels was also pretty needed.

I recommend it, especially if the sale price is still up making it a five dollar game. I hope they make another update where they somehow bring in a live multiplayer mode, and would let me have a larger kingdom (it’s time we conquer Bowser’s lands first. I have some statues and firework cannons I need to place) but it’s still got a decent load and a lot of polish for five dollars.

Last edited:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Holding the jump button could make Daisy float up and down instead of side to side like Princess Peach.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
The Super Mario Run Gold Daisy Statue ReTweet event was a success;

Super Mario Run - Gold Daisy statue available

Looks like the Super Mario Run retweet event was a success. Fans retweeted the details more than 10k times, which means we all get the Gold Daisy statue. Fire up your game now and grab it for free!
Those who own Super Mario Run can now all get the statue. That's quite some promotion for Daisy!

Last edited:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Yeah, double jump in a game where jumping and jump duration is your only input...

Daisy is OP on Mario run. Like Peach level.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Now I kind of want to draw Dixie and Daisy together.

Though that would mean putting aside my other Inktober plans.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
And people say Daisy doesn't have her fans.
Might compare it to what :4feroy: had had: lots of fans who just happen to not be vocal about it due all of the hate and memes.

I mean, it still surprises me that Roy won by a good hair against super-beloved Hector of all people, while beating tons of lords before him at the FE Heroes-poll - sans Ike.

Last edited:

Slip33

Smash Cadet
I just wondering in Remix 10 does that suppose to be Daisy actually singing, or is it singing from Daisy's point of view.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Might compare it to what :4feroy: had had: lots of fans who just happen to not be vocal about it due all of the hate and memes.

I mean, it still surprises me that Roy won by a good hair against super-beloved Hector of all peeps, while beating tons lords before him at the FE Heroes-poll sans Ike.
Seems this is our case here as well.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I just wondering in Remix 10 does that suppose to be Daisy actually singing, or is it singing from Daisy's point of view.
I got the impression that it's just random vocals to try to give the feeling of some sort of club mix, to fit in with the mode's title, personally.

Slip33

Smash Cadet
I got the impression that it's just random vocals to try to give the feeling of some sort of club mix, to fit in with the mode's title, personally.

Yeah, I could see that. It's just on YouTube a lot people under the impression that it' s Daisy singing the vocals.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Of course it had to happen the day after I deleted SMR off my phone for more important apps.

Oh well.

In other news, 5,000th post bois (well, notwithstanding stuff in forum games)
Congrats Keyblade.

And ouch. Even though I should probably get back to playing SMR.

Yeah, I could see that. It's just on YouTube a lot people under the impression that it' s Daisy singing the vocals.
Some Mario fans tend to over speculate on things. Remember when people though Rosalina was Peach and Luigi's daughter?

Oh wait, that's Game Theory.

Then there's theories like Daisy being Peach's relative (which is very unlikely).

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I'm pretty sure that one was because an instruction manual said Daisy is Peach's cousin.
That's what I'd heard, too. Still, at least that concept is at least plausible - royal families in close proximity to each other very often are related in some way.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Am I the only one who thought that adding the 'shortest course in Mario ever' wasn't exactly great marketing strategy?

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Am I the only one who thought that adding the 'shortest course in Mario ever' wasn't exactly great marketing strategy?
Yes. ;) It's a mobile telephone game - short is a major plus-point for the market that it's aimed at, as such titles are by their very nature often used to kill little snippets of free/waiting time.

That's why Angry Birds is the most successful mobile game of all time, by an extremely wide margin. You can see the same in just about any mobile title that's been successful.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Congrats Keyblade.

And ouch. Even though I should probably get back to playing SMR.

Some Mario fans tend to over speculate on things. Remember when people though Rosalina was Peach and Luigi's daughter?

Oh wait, that's Game Theory.

Then there's theories like Daisy being Peach's relative (which is very unlikely).
I always thought that despite how good Mat's explanations are, some of them just don't make sense.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Hi everyone! Back to the site to support Daisy's inclusion for Smash SWITCH! Happy she's in Super Mario Run.

I personally don't think Daisy's double jump could be implemented as a move for smash 5 since everyone has a double jump lol

I honestly think they don't really have to reference games with her moves or take stuff from main stream appearances, since a lot of Smash moves are made up. Zero Suit Samus's jet boots and plasma whip were made for Smash, and a lot of Peach's attacks like her crown smack or butt bomber are made up. So Daisy could honestly have made up moves too like a stomp that makes flowers grow.

On a side note about Smash Switch, I hope they give almost every character new voice clips (well maybe not the new ones from smash 4 since they're still new, but those who still have Brawl voices). It'd be refreshing to hear new voices clips for old characters.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Hi everyone! Back to the site to support Daisy's inclusion for Smash SWITCH! Happy she's in Super Mario Run.

I personally don't think Daisy's double jump could be implemented as a move for smash 5 since everyone has a double jump lol

I honestly think they don't really have to reference games with her moves or take stuff from main stream appearances, since a lot of Smash moves are made up. Zero Suit Samus's jet boots and plasma whip were made for Smash, and a lot of Peach's attacks like her crown smack or butt bomber are made up. So Daisy could honestly have made up moves too like a stomp that makes flowers grow.

On a side note about Smash Switch, I hope they give almost every character new voice clips (well maybe not the new ones from smash 4 since they're still new, but those who still have Brawl voices). It'd be refreshing to hear new voices clips for old characters.
Incorporating her extra jump is easy in Smash.

Give her an extra jump.

She wouldn’t even be the only character who has one.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Welcome back StarCrystal, long time no see.

And you do have a point. Some creative liberties can be taken to give Dasiy unique moves instead of being 100% to canon. It's hard to name a single character that's 100% like themselves. Like Meta Knight not having his sword beams or Ness still missing his PSI Rockin.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
It's time to call the MKSPCA. :p
#BowserDidNothngWrong

As for that being a throw, it would be cool.

But not every Mario character needs that type of throw. Unless half of them don't have a similar one.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Hey, so I just looked at page one of this thread for the first time in a long time...

I’m not on the supporters list. I must have never made it official.

I officially support Daisy for Smash.

Top Bottom