• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The San Antonio Brawl Thread: Steakfest 3, 7/31, see 1st post, new annoucements!

What night would you like Gamelot's weekly gaming fests to be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Lol, it's ok Santi.

Losing track of time is natural for a gamer. :)

Kyronexx

Smash Apprentice
Hi names Kyronexx,
I hear that Gamelot is charging for game night now. Well you guys are in luck. I can host a game night for free at place called Heroes & Fantasies. Im pretty cool with the guys there and they have a nice big room in the back with multiple tables and chairs. Just tell me what you think and i ca set something up.

oh yeah and it isent that far from Gamelot it is located around Summit and 410.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
If you can get both Smash and Blazblue going there, then I'll be more then happy to come.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Hi names Kyronexx,
I hear that Gamelot is charging for game night now. Well you guys are in luck. I can host a game night for free at place called Heroes & Fantasies. Im pretty cool with the guys there and they have a nice big room in the back with multiple tables and chairs. Just tell me what you think and i ca set something up.

oh yeah and it isent that far from Gamelot it is located around Summit and 410.
LOL.

Heroes and Fantasies.

I used to go to H&F back in High School and practice Melee/Yugioh with friends all the time.
Is it the H&F that used to be at Ingram? I recall hearing that that H&F moved to where the Purple Cactus used to be.

Friggin' awesome.

Kyronexx

Smash Apprentice
HI again,
no it is the H&F in the Summit Shopping Center by Chopsticks.

I want to say a few words, I know I'm new to the SA brawlers. I'm kinda sad that i had quit but i thought brawl was dying. Now I'm back and willing to be the best Ness player in TX. If you guys are willing to step it up i am too. Like i had said before i heard that Gamelot is charging for players to get in. You cant blame Cliff though, he does have to pay bills. But I do have a place that's free and it is H&F just 10 more minutes away from Gamelot. We could go and play there. Saying that I want all of the SA players to Add me to there friends list. I want to start training days. at least 2 days out of the week if not 3 if possible, As early as possible as well. H&F closes at 9 and on Sundays they close at 6. I don't recommend weekends because the back room is filled with yugioh and or magic players. SA players need to start communicating more. If you have a IM use it, even txting. I'm Sure with the training and hard work we will make the small group here in SA one of toughest groups in Texas, We will go to tourneys in Houston and Austin and come back with the prizes ; )

This coming Monday I will be holding a meeting at H&F on Summit, any SA players are welcome to come bring your controllers and if possible a tv. and of course a wii. I will bring both making 2 tvs and a wii. This meeting is so we can get to know each other better and and also practice. I know Jack mentioned a smash fest on Monday, i didn't know anything about it i was gone half the day after 4 PM but im sure he will allow me to do this instead on Monday, Its practically the same thing.

If any of you guys are interested please notify me and also add me as a friend like I said. I am pretty serious about this... i hope things go well. Peace guys

Feel free to IM me at anytime

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
As Morningstar said, I'm willing to go there for some games on Monday, definitely.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
All I need is a time, day, and the location address.

Infact, that's all we need, Kyro.

Kyronexx

Smash Apprentice
Thank you guys for Answering back so soon, sorry about not replying though i had work today. 5pm - 1 am

The Adress is
Heroes and Fantasies <<< and other info.
4945 NW Loop 410
San Antonio, TX 78229
Phone: (210) 340-0074
http://www.heroesandfantasies.com/summit.asp <<< go here to check out the size of the room. And we do need peeps to bring tvs and or wiis

And no jack no money match Mondays even though it has a good ring to to it. but we are not trying to take money from each other. If anything ill see if I can host Money tourneys there, Ill get people together...but you guys would have to keep it on the down low since it kinda illegal. but there is alot of cocky noobs there.

As for the time on Monday the place opens at 11 and closes at 8 (mon - tues&thurs = 11am-8pm
wed 10am to 8 pm<<< a good practice day, and fri-sat 10am to 9, sunday=sux)

SOOO The date is Monday the 13th, time 11 tell closing. I will be getting there at 11 with my Tv and Wii.

Oh did i mention that that Place has a Hot Spot ? ( meens free Wi-Fi just to let you know, its from the main office thats next door i do believe) Sooo lets say some of you guys miss practice because u could'nt make it out, "wii" could play you still threw wi-fi, pretty sweet huh? But dont let that stop you from coming out because there's nothing like playing face to face.

BTW please feel free to contact me anytime threw IM i am always signed on with my phone.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
If we can start doing weekly fests on Friday, I'm sure everyone, or most people, would go, considering Fridays were voted for in the poll awhile ago.

-but this Monday is fine. I'll also be showing up at 11, or somewhere around that time, and I'm taking a Wii.

If possible, we can even let the newcomers we meet there know about Greyfox's tournament on the 25th of July.

We need to make San Antonio's Smash scene a bit stronger. Even just weeklies where most players show up will help.

Kyronexx

Smash Apprentice
If we can start doing weekly fests on Friday, I'm sure everyone, or most people, would go, considering Fridays were voted for in the poll awhile ago.

-but this Monday is fine. I'll also be showing up at 11, or somewhere around that time, and I'm taking a Wii.

If possible, we can even let the newcomers we meet there know about Greyfox's tournament on the 25th of July.

We need to make San Antonio's Smash scene a bit stronger. Even just weeklies where most players show up will help.
ok thats cool. and as for SA's smash scene there is a lot of potential i know of, they just are not that serious about it or they don't know were to play. I have 3 friends that got pretty good. one is coming with me already on Monday his name is Ed and he uses Yoshi funny thing is he only uses the Wii-mote...its insane. He just needs to work on his game. ( Hes one of those guys that has time to practice all day and night i am sure if we can motivate him he could be a top person in SA or even TX.)

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Lol, I can name 2 more Wii mote users that are here in SA.

That's a hell of a goal for you friend to have. I commend him for it. :)

Kyronexx

Smash Apprentice
HEY GUYS GREAT NEWS!!!

I can go to Houston for the tourney Aug 1. And I can take who ever wants to go (car pool) so far im taking Jack Frost. so hit me up. My truck can hold 4 to 5 peeps. Catch you later

Kyronexx

Smash Apprentice
Shot gun!!
Hahaha ok you get shotgun.

Oh hey guys btw so far 6 people including me are going to the meeting tomorrow (i better be going haha) myr friends is bringing his wii and im bringing min and a tv and someone else is bringing a wii. all me need now is an other tv. anyone think they can manage to bring one?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Hahaha ok you get shotgun.

Oh hey guys btw so far 6 people including me are going to the meeting tomorrow (i better be going haha) myr friends is bringing his wii and im bringing min and a tv and someone else is bringing a wii. all me need now is an other tv. anyone think they can manage to bring one?
I'm heading over there around 11AM, so I hope you're there by then. I'm taking three other smashers with me, btw.

Oh, and I think I'll take a spot for Houston's tournament too then.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
I would go tomorrow but my car has been acting up and turning itself off for the past 3 days.

I honestly dunno what's wrong with the thing now. :(

Kyronexx

Smash Apprentice
I'm heading over there around 11AM, so I hope you're there by then. I'm taking three other smashers with me, btw.

Oh, and I think I'll take a spot for Houston's tournament too then.
I might be bringing two, definitely 1 though. And yes i will be there at 11 if not earlier. When i Say im going to do something i mean it. Right now the time is 8:17 am.

My number is 210-273-0601 if anyone of you guys need to reach me for some reason.

Well im going to wash and clean my truck right now see you guys at 11 oh hey Espy is there anyway you can pick up K Prime on your way ? i really want him to go. BTW i live off of San Pedro Close to the Quarry haha kinda far form you guys.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
I should play one of you on wifi, lol. How many people and set ups are there? Are any of the new people good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom