• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Rosalina General/Social Thread: 2nd Edition

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
i just realised there's still one missing animation for Rosalina.

1st characters get the special thropy animation however 2nd and 3rd get the one they had in Mario Tennis Open.

Since Rosaina was not in Open , she should have a new animation , furthermore since Rosalina was not featured in the video as a rival that got either 2nd or 3rd , we haven't seen it.

I'm curious now.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
i just realised there's still one missing animation for Rosalina.

1st characters get the special thropy animation however 2nd and 3rd get the one they had in Mario Tennis Open.

Since Rosaina was not in Open , she should have a new animation , furthermore since Rosalina was not featured in the video as a rival that got either 2nd or 3rd , we haven't seen it.

I'm curious now.
She also should have different animations with her dress, shouldn't she? I assume there is a Golf tournament as well, inducing freshly made animations with her dress and the trophy.

FatalitySonic2

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-2278-4493-3606
BTW, Mario Sports Superstars just got released in France (maybe in Europe too).
My friend bought it recently but was disappointed that the amiibo card he got with the game is Pink Gold Peach. So yeah, she's back for real... but I don't care tbh.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I got it early too , so i took the time to take some screenshots of Rosalina.

The last screenshot is from the credits , i couldn't resists , i needed to check.

And just as i predicted, Laura is credited but Kerri isn't. Not a problem at all , im just pissed that they mixed their voices in a terrible way.

Oh and the worst part is that the game files are compressed. I can't change the voice clips like i did in past games.

This is so horrible all around.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It looks like it would kill you if she kicked you.

Better not make her mad.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Oh an btw , for whoever wished for Rosalina to be tricky on this

Well thanks a bunch , thanks to your bad vibes this became true and Rosalina now sucks compared to US.

Rosalina was easily one of the best , IF NOT THE BEST character in that game because of her strong swing and her slightly different physics , because Rosalina floating in US allows her to have a better lock and charge animation than the characters that walk.

In Sports Supestars , Rosalina LOST her strong swing , she cannot knock opponents back anymore and she is hardly useful as a tricky character because she does not even play ''tricky''

That's right , her swing is not like Boo's trademark curve , she still swings like if she was power type but without strenght.

This is exactly why i HATED this idea from the beggining.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Then the game developers must've really messed up, because I would've expected Rosalina to perform powerful curves with her shots.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm pretty sure you need to get the amiibo card and unlock her Superstar form to make her good. Seems like they want you to do that with all of the characters.

I mean I would be incredibly shocked if Superstar Rosalina is somehow bad in Tennis, as the amiibo card indicates that her Superstar stats are near maxed out and the best overall.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
While we're still on the subject of Tennis, I've often found it odd for Bowser Jr. to be classified as a Tricky-type character, since he doesn't exactly feel like one. If anything, he could've been a Speedy-type character, but ever since Ultra Smash forced him to use that Junior Clown Car, he felt more like a Defense-type character while piloting that flying machine.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Rosalina's attitude is the one thing that continues to please me in her recent appearences. I like her animation here , she does a hair flip , like only she could do.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Now they just need to bring back the echo, keep a consistent voice, and keep her 7'7" in more games, and she's perfect.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
On another subject, it appears that Mario Kart 8 Deluxe will be changing the stats for each character and vehicle part, presumably to make them feel more balanced than before.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I have seen that the stats have been changed in MK8D as well , comparing the standard kart setup . Seems like Deluxe's version of it is indeed more balanced than the previous one.

FatalitySonic2

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-2278-4493-3606
Rosalina's attitude is the one thing that continues to please me in her recent appearences. I like her animation here , she does a hair flip , like only she could do.
That's awesome. When Nintendo announced the game, I was hyped. When I saw Laura and Kerri's mix and the laziness of the game, I was like... meh. But now that I see that, I almost want to buy it... besides the problems the game have...
On another subject, it appears that Mario Kart 8 Deluxe will be changing the stats for each character and vehicle part, presumably to make them feel more balanced than before.
I'm still convinced that at a certain moment of the game, there will be online races with only one character (like on Wii U).

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I have seen that the stats have been changed in MK8D as well , comparing the standard kart setup . Seems like Deluxe's version of it is indeed more balanced than the previous one.
We do need to take into account the vehicle parts as well though, as they too will likely see stat adjustments too.

I'm still convinced that at a certain moment of the game, there will be online races with only one character (like on Wii U).
It all comes down to how the vehicle part stats are handled. The Slick and Cyber Slick could be made to have worse handling stats so that it becomes more difficult to utilize their speed boost.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I guess so. Weight classes should also have a different impact on the setup you pick.

Hopefuly they somehow make it so the room is not filled with Rosalinas. I am bothered seeing the race full of the character i play as for some reason , no matter who it is.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I guess so. Weight classes should also have a different impact on the setup you pick.

Hopefuly they somehow make it so the room is not filled with Rosalinas. I am bothered seeing the race full of the character i play as for some reason , no matter who it is.
I just know that to keep things diverse, most stats must not see a drastic change between weight classes. This is especially true for the vehicle parts as well, since the diversity would be heavily hindered if the lightest characters have 5/6 acceleration while using the standard parts.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
To be honest, that used to bother me too. Whenever someone plays as Rosalina, it would used to bother me for many reasons actually... One is that I'm afraid they'd be better than me as her, and two is that it can get overwhelming. But hey, it doesn't stop you from picking who you like and continuing. It's probably more of the case that she's very popular, in which the Iwata Asks for 3D World has stated that Rosalina is "well known", so I guess that have the characters you like in the same room can be pretty upgrading to the character.

I'm more concerned about the clone characters Nintendo's been bringing in nowadays, such as Pink Gold Peach for Superstars and Gold Mario for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, I'm just convinced it's laziness.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I do like those animations. I haven't decided when I'll get the game though, since now that I have a Switch, I'll want to get games for that and I'm not made of Money.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I ain't buying that game because I'm no longer interested in the Mario sports games. Haven't used my 3DS a whole lot besides Smash these days anyway.

I don't have a Switch but I'm not interested at the moment because of other games I need to get caught up on. Not that it matters now since they're impossible to find at this point.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It's funny how some people are quick to finish up with Breath of the Wild. I've only completed about half of the shrines, and only three of the four Divine Beasts have been taken back.

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
I finished the game yesterday with 49 shrines, all the divine beasts freed and all the memories unlocked.

But I'm still playing it because there's so much to do, I just finished the main story.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Ah about Sports Supestars.

If Rosalina gets 2nd or 3rd place in tennis at the end of the Tournament , she doesn't have a new animation.

Her animation is the same when she scores and wins in Ultra Smash , she just waves her hand and says ''Alright'' in Laura's voice.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Ah about Sports Supestars.

If Rosalina gets 2nd or 3rd place in tennis at the end of the Tournament , she doesn't have a new animation.

Her animation is the same when she scores and wins in Ultra Smash , she just waves her hand and says ''Alright'' in Laura's voice.
It's hilarious how we now have to actually specify which voice actress it is when talking about this stuff because they couldn't pick just one. :p

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Just in this case. Hopefuly this will be a 1 time incident.

It also amazes me how Kerri's performance as Rosalina has survived through the years in the present games even if it's just from 2011. As of today , not even Laura has gotten the chance to reprise her role as Rosalina with new lines because all of hers are reused too.

I want to assume this will change again soon because we are on the Switch era , they tend to update their voice selection for characters in at least 1 game per console. Rosalina only got this once because her constantly switching voices in a small time gap.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I finished the game yesterday with 49 shrines, all the divine beasts freed and all the memories unlocked. But I'm still playing it because there's so much to do, I just finished the main story.
I will say that one of my biggest concerns right now is the road to reaching Divine Beast Naboris, as you first have to infiltrate the Yiga tribe hideout to take back the Thunder Helm. And based on what I've seen from some screenshots, that hideout is apparently filled with instant death assassins.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'm surprised there are those besides kids that still uses Miiverse. That **** is nothing but a distant memory to me.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Why would someone go to miiverse?

Seriously , it's not enjoyable and it's full of children that cannot type or draw a straight line.
I still visit Miiverse at times, as you may come across some good artwork that someone did. And then there are some rather humorous drawings as well, such as the one below.

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
I will say that one of my biggest concerns right now is the road to reaching Divine Beast Naboris, as you first have to infiltrate the Yiga tribe hideout to take back the Thunder Helm. And based on what I've seen from some screenshots, that hideout is apparently filled with instant death assassins.
The second room of the Yiga Clan Hideout is so b*******. You either use some extremely lame strategy to mess up the AI or you get lucky. I hated that part.

Guys, BOTW spoilers... There's still people who haven't gotten their hands on the games yet. Could you put those in spoilers?
Yeah, sorry about that, even if it wasn't incredibly spoilery I put it under the spoiler tag.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I didn't see anything that was considered spoilers in any of y'all's post so that's why I didn't say anything. I assume it didn't have anything to do with the story.

Top Bottom