• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Rosalina General/Social Thread: 2nd Edition

FatalitySonic2

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-2278-4493-3606
Yeah, that's an amazing vector.
Normally, I did comment on your upload.

Speaking of "based on something" arts, I've also made one. Based this time on Rosalina's victory pose from the tennis part of Mario Sports Superstars. My favorite Rosalina pose of all the Mario games she appeared so far.

Here's the link of the thing: http://fatalitysonic2.deviantart.com/art/Rosalina-s-victory-665711998
I don't know if I'm going to be reported for double post but sorry in advance if it happens.

Last edited by a moderator:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Don't know if this is revelant anymore (Well it really is for Rosalina anyway)

Upon close inspection to Rosalina's gameplay during golf and her amiibo card , i would have to guess she is keeping the similar , if not the same stats during the sport.

Here's what i gathered:

1- the stats divided in the cards are the same as in World Tour which are Drive , Sweet Spot and Control , in that order.

2- Rosalina's card gives her a boost only in the Drive category. Drive is basically how far the ball would go once you shot , which totally makes sense since Rosalina recives this boost in World Tour via the Star version too. Also , similar to World Tour Rosalina's Sweet Spot and Control decrease noticeably once activating her Star version in that game.

This means , that while Rosalina has almost the best Drive in that game (losing only to Bowser) , she also has THE WORST Sweet Spot and Control , pairing her with Bowser and DK , whose star stats are the same except for the drive.

3- The Amiibo card tells you that she is capable to obtain almost full Drive (like World Tour) but her other stats decrease because of this (again like World Tour).

Since none of the other Power characters have their stats revealed i think , it's fair to assume they will share the similar stats to what Rosalina got , making it , again , similar to World Tour.

Besides , being fair, Rosalina was never that good in World Tour , matter of fact none of the Powerful characters are safe in that game because they sacrifice so much of the other 2 stats just to increase the Drive one , they are punished the most if they miss the mark in the shotting process bar and they are more likealy to fail charged shots , this is a fact.

She is only Good if you want to put the ball futher away , but this is really no different to picking DK or Bowser aside from the slight decrease or increase in the Drive stat respectively.

All in all , this basically means Rosalina is the same or at least very close to it to her World Tour version.

Again , if it was not clear, she was not that great in that game anyway sooooo to play as her has always been a matter of preference.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I kept hearing from people that she was one of the most useful in that game because the drive stat mattered the most (which kind of makes sense).

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
That is pretty subjective as the are diverse factors that affect the shot and outcome greatly such as the Wind and the type of drive the character has.

Rosalina having a Fade drive makes her rather difficult to use as she will never put out the ball on spot if you dont aim correctly while taking in consideration the wind strengh since no matter what her ball will always curve to the side because of her Fade drive.

Add to this the fact that she has weaknesses pre-shot.

This is no different than Bowser and DK , aside from the small gap in strengh.

Contrary to popular belief , being the most powerful is not the same as being the ''best'' , at least not objectively speaking since we would have to look at the stats of the character to determinate it not focus just on 1.

Besides , my main point still stands. Rosalina seems to be identical , or very similar to World Tour , regardless what someone thinks about her playstyle. She does not seem to be worse than in WT at all.

Thats the main thing here.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm not surprised by her dropping, but I am disappointed. She's ironically one of the most untapped characters in the meta. She's in the wrong game played by the wrong kind of player base.

But Smash 4's competitive meta stagnated a long time ago for me, so I don't really care. Don't even play the game that much at all.

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
Yes, well...that slight drop in the tier list does not stop her from kicking ass with Luma there, so I'm not too disheartened. I personally thought she'd be in second position at best.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Yes, well...that slight drop in the tier list does not stop her from kicking *** with Luma there, so I'm not too disheartened. I personally thought she'd be in second position at best.
Meanwhile, Bayonetta, who saw one heck of a nerf to her offensive game, managed to get the top spot.

On a side note, Bowser is now the highest ranked super heavyweight, surpassing Donkey Kong, who was originally the best of all the super heavy fighters.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I always thought Bowser was way better than DK in this game, lol, don't see how people thought otherwise.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Bad news in the world of Smash 3DS / Wii U for Rosalina. It seems that her tier position has taken a bit of a hit, based on the data in the following link...

https://www.ssbwiki.com/List_of_SSB4_tier_lists_(NTSC)#Third_tier_list_.28March_1.2C_2017.29
Why the hell is this such a big deal?

Just cuz her tier position dropped doesn't change the fact that I still kick ass with her and Luma. No reason for anyone to piss their pants off over this and no, I'm not bothered by this crap. I'd be a complete idiot with no life of my own if I was.

Besides, I rarely play Smash online these days and I'm thinking about pulling the plug on my Wii U after I buy the Switch.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
I don't care too much about her ranking on the tier list. I play as her because I genuinely like the character, her play style and the experience that comes along with it. If Rosalina & Luma was at the top of the tier pyramid, then great, but I just play as her not because she's this ranking in the tier list, but because I find her enjoyable. The same can be said for Peach and Bowser Jr, and for everyone else I find enjoyable generally.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Why the hell is this such a big deal?

Just cuz her tier position dropped doesn't change the fact that I still kick *** with her and Luma. No reason for anyone to piss their pants off over this and no, I'm not bothered by this crap. I'd be a complete idiot with no life of my own if I was.

Besides, I rarely play Smash online these days and I'm thinking about pulling the plug on my Wii U after I buy the Switch.
It might not mean much to you, but for those who plan to use Rosalina competitively, the tier list update can be disturbing news; Mario pretty much knocked her off her throne in regards to who's the highest ranked Super Mario Bros. franchise fighter.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
It might not mean much to you, but for those who plan to use Rosalina competitively, the tier list update can be disturbing news; Mario pretty much knocked her off her throne in regards to who's the highest ranked Super Mario Bros. franchise fighter.
I stand by what I said. And **** Mario, too.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I stand by what I said. And **** Mario, too.
I'm just the messenger. I don't play competitively either, but it's just news that had to be brought up, as I found out about the tier list update at a different forum that I often visit.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'm just the messenger. I don't play competitively either, but it's just news that had to be brought up, as I found out about the tier list update at a different forum that I often visit.
Either you should've taken this to some other forums that actually cares about this **** or kept quiet about it. Just sayin'

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Why are you so hostile though?

He just mentioned something Rosalina related to spark discussion in the (obvious) Social thread , not stole all your Yu Gi Oh cards.

Chill.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Sorry. It's just that stuff like those tend to...make my blood boil.

It was never my intention.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
So, it has been a couple days since the Nintendo Switch was released. I hope I can get a good deal by the last day of June, or after, maybe a Switch package to go along with a game. Did anyone get one yet, or intend to plan to get one later?

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
Yeah...it's a bit too early for me to be thinking about getting the Switch now. Now, if there were to theoretically be a new Smash game for that, I'll acquire one. But until then, I'll be waiting and saving my money there.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Im not making the same mistake twice.

That being getting the console early. I don't regret getting my Wii U but i definetely regret getting it at launch.

I will wait till the Switch is well established and the obligatory Mario games arrive.

Besides , i want a White version of it if it ever comes out.

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
I will probably get a Switch when Mario Odyssey and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 will both be available. Could probably be later, I still have to see how things will go from now on.

Currently playing Breath of the Wild on my trusty Wii U and by far it's amazing and addicting. One of the best games I've ever played.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I got Breath of the Wild for Switch. Just arrived today.

But I still have not bought the Switch. I just bought the game because I cut a deal on it that was only valid for a day.

I might actually incrementally buy the things I need for the Switch before buying the actual system, first.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Here we have Rosalina's win animation in Tennis (Tournament)

It's classy and beautiful just for her.

However Camelot RUINED it. You can hear Laura's ''Whoho ya!'' and next you can clearly hear Kerri's ''Who!'' and ''Yey''

WTF did they do??????

I was accepting they actually used Kerri for golf , because that's it's own event , but mixing her voice with Laura's?????

Messy as hell. Not only that's 2 different people , you can clearly hear Rosalina speaking normally and then seconds after she has an echo.

I get this was a compilation , but this is so lazy and messy.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
On the topic of the Switch, every store in my town and online sold out on those so it's gonna be awhile until I buy the Switch.

And I also have Breath of the Wild on the Wii U but unfortunately, I didn't put much time into it and I won't be playing it until this weekend because I'm currently staying at my dad's apartment while he's out of town for work.

MaJoR MuCuS

Smash Apprentice

However Camelot RUINED it. You can hear Laura's ''Whoho ya!'' and next you can clearly hear Kerri's ''Who!'' and ''Yey''

WTF did they do??????

I was accepting they actually used Kerri for golf , because that's it's own event , but mixing her voice with Laura's?????

Messy as hell. Not only that's 2 different people , you can clearly hear Rosalina speaking normally and then seconds after she has an echo.

That sounds terrible. I see even Boswer has a mix on voices as well.

FatalitySonic2

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-2278-4493-3606

WTF did they do??????

Yeah, that's a pretty mess right there.

The thing I'm now thinking right now is the credits. For a long time, Kerri Kane was credited instead of Laura Faye Smith. And starting from Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games (Wii U version), Laura was finally credited. And now that both Laura and Kerri are dubbing the same character in the same game, is Nintendo going to credit both of them?

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
i don't know , and tbh i don't care either. Finally Camelot decided to prove infinite incompetency so whatever it is , i don't care.

At least , there's a new Rosalina animation as i wanted. It really feels as if she was in Mario Tennis Open.

FatalitySonic2

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-2278-4493-3606
i don't know , and tbh i don't care either. Finally Camelot decided to prove infinite incompetency so whatever it is , i don't care.

At least , there's a new Rosalina animation as i wanted. It really feels as if she was in Mario Tennis Open.

I completely agree with you.

Tali vas Normandy

Smash Apprentice
I can't bother to even think about getting a switch. I don't see much of a reason to pick one up right away and I also don't like some of the launch issues it haves.

I think it's pretty unacceptable that the dock for it can scratch up the screen.

Think the console has lots of potential. Just not a very great start.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Im just gonna wait for the games and the obvious updates.

There's always lots of changes post-launch so i don't really think it's a smart choice to get one so early.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I like how Rosalina sort of breaks the fourth wall and flicks the "1st" into existence. She Deadpool now. :p

Also, my reaction to the poor use of those voice clips in the game

IMG_20170308_195017.jpg

Top Bottom