• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Rosalina General/Social Thread: 2nd Edition

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
i want to see her playing Golf already-

Im EXTREMELY curious in how they handled her sounds during that sport because it's like WT , so Laura's voice should match Kerri's.

I hope there's an unused laughter that we havent heard.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33

In all seriousness, I think it should be fine since Golf isn't as active as other sports. Oh, and I also noticed that Rosalina's head in Horse Racing seems to be quite similar to the one she has in Mario Kart Wii...

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
It's her icon from World Tour.

Her icons from that game have added a collar to match her sports dress in Sports SuperStars and Mario Tennis Ultra Smash.

Speaking of World Tour , i was able to get some new voice cips from that game to complete my second Rosalina voice mod.

Last edited:

FatalitySonic2

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-2278-4493-3606
Sorry for the late answer but thanks.

Luma should have returned.

Not Pink Gold Peach or Metal Mario.
I completely agree with you. IMO, PGP is a character just made to complete those blank spaces on the roster.

It's her icon from World Tour.

Her icons from that game have added a collar to match her sports dress in Sports SuperStars and Mario Tennis Ultra Smash.

Speaking of World Tour , i was able to get some new voice cips from that game to complete my second Rosalina voice mod.

That's a nice mod out there. Again, in my opinion, it suits Rosalina better.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Rosalina's amiibo card for Baseball.

Look whos ready to hit the ball

oh my god... what's up with her face? I'm sorry I say this, but I find her ugly in this card. Hope she'll look better in soccer.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Rosalina looks great in all her cards to me.

I differ to you on that one.
All her cards? I've only seen Tennis, Golf and Baseball for now. I don't even know where you found this one.
You've got the right to, I just really dislike the... face... lips... shading of the dress... posture... Nah, definitely don't like it. But that's up to, well, me.

EDIT: I take back what I said. The American site has been updated, and I even found this:

And she's looking real good here. I love this card. I however think it's because this one looks more like a 3D model. The baseball one looks like a drawing of some sort. I largely prefer this one.

EDIT (once again): and here's her tennis card

And honestly, she may be a Tricky type but my... Her stats are crazy. She only lacks a square to attain Bower's power, got average speed and high technique. I'm not disappointed.

Last edited:

President of Aether

Smash Rookie
All her cards? I've only seen Tennis, Golf and Baseball for now. I don't even know where you found this one.
You've got the right to, I just really dislike the... face... lips... shading of the dress... posture... Nah, definitely don't like it. But that's up to, well, me.

EDIT: I take back what I said. The American site has been updated, and I even found this:

And she's looking real good here. I love this card. I however think it's because this one looks more like a 3D model. The baseball one looks like a drawing of some sort. I largely prefer this one.

EDIT (once again): and here's her tennis card

And honestly, she may be a Tricky type but my... Her stats are crazy. She only lacks a square to attain Bower's power, got average speed and high technique. I'm not disappointed.
Makes sense, considering she's a goddess.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Finally she gets an artwork, I knew it would have to come. I notice that her symbol on the bottom right is a Luma. I wonder what this means, compared to other player's symbols.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Well , like i said.

I think Rosalina looks great in all her sports cards. In fact , i think she recived the best artwork possible out of the characters that didn't have one that matched certain sports.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Damn, I might have to buy those cards even if I don't get the game. I always dismissed print merchandise when it came to completing my Rosalina collection since it's usually just stock art of her put onto a trading card or something, but this is mostly new artwork and they function as amiibo.

But yeah, she looks great and her stats are godlike.

EDIT: I had a closer look at Rosalina's stats as well as other characters, and have been able to somewhat deduce how she fares in each sport.

Keep in mind, we don't have every character's card yet (such as the horse racing one for Rosalina), but we have most of them. Also, I'm basing my comments on how many blocks Rosalina is missing out of the total possible stat blocks altogether. I actually can't tell what each stat is from the images. And I don't know how much of a difference each one makes or how much difference a single block makes. So this isn't a definitive ranking.

Tennis: Star/Superstar Rosalina seems to be objectively the best character in Tennis. She's only missing 4 blocks, having all of her stats near maxed out. The next best character so far, Yoshi, is missing 8 blocks. Everyone else seems to be missing 10 blocks, if not more. A similar thing applies when comparing the base versions of the characters. Rosalina still has more total blocks filled up, though Bowser and Donkey Kong are pretty close. Basically, Rosalina is the Tennis Queen. It's no wonder one of the banners in Tennis advertises "Rosalina's Tennis School"!

Soccer: For Soccer, the Superstar versions of the characters are all missing 4 blocks, with the blocks they have being distributed a little differently. So Rosalina is actually just as good as anyone else here. The same applies to her normal version.

Baseball: Most of the Superstar cast is missing 10 blocks in Baseball, including Rosalina. The only exceptions are Diddy Kong and Baby Luigi, who are missing 9 blocks, and Mario, who is missing 11 blocks. So she's a little better than Mario, while Diddy Kong and Baby Luigi are a little better than her. Everyone else is just as good. Same applies to normal versions of characters, except Mario is just as good as everyone else. Diddy Kong and Baby Luigi still have an extra block.

Golf: Going solely by the stat block totals, Rosalina is unfortunately the worst character in Golf. She has a measly 11 blocks filled in for both her regular and Superstar form. Everyone else has at LEAST 15 blocks filled in, with some going even higher. However, it is worth noting that Rosalina is the only character to completely fill up a stat in Golf, so far. However, other characters almost fill that up anyway, so they're probably ultimately better choices. Unless that one stat Rosalina has filled up REALLY makes a difference, then I'm afraid you're better off using any other character. I actually find this really strange, since I hear Rosalina was one of the best in World Tour (she'd want to be, since she was DLC). Kinda weird how they nerfed her so hard for this one.

And here's her Golf stats, in case anyone hasn't seen them:

Last edited:

FatalitySonic2

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-2278-4493-3606
I like these cards too. The new artwork for Rosalina is pretty great. They used two old artworks as well but it doesn't matter to me.

I also agree with ChikoLad about the Golf card. She was just behind Bowser and now, looks like only the Superstar version is powerful. My god...

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
I like these cards too. The new artwork for Rosalina is pretty great. They used two old artworks as well but it doesn't matter to me.

I also agree with ChikoLad about the Golf card. She was just behind Bowser and now, looks like only the Superstar version is powerful. My god...
She was the second most powerful character in World Tour and the third in all Mario Golf history behind Bowser and Petey. I guess she can't be the queen everywhere, but at least she's perfect in Tennis. The nerf hit her hard tho. For games which are only copy pastes of preexisting games, she's received... interesting changes.

FatalitySonic2

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-2278-4493-3606
She was the second most powerful character in World Tour and the third in all Mario Golf history behind Bowser and Petey. I guess she can't be the queen everywhere, but at least she's perfect in Tennis. The nerf hit her hard tho. For games which are only copy pastes of preexisting games, she's received... interesting changes.
I didn't know about Petey tho... but yes, her Tennis stats are amazing.
Yeah, definitely.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The balancing for this game is pretty weird in general. For one, there is changing the types between sports. In Rosalina's case, she's ironically not a Power type anymore in sports where she WAS a Power type before, but is Power type in all of the ones she debuts in for this game. And in general, a character having less power in say, Baseball compared to Tennis, doesn't make any sense since Baseball generally implies using two hands to hit the ball instead of one (ironically, Rosalina plays Baseball one-handed).

Then there is the fact that instead of making every character reasonably good at every sport, characters are generally reasonably good at 2 or 3 sports, OP in another, and terrible in another. Granted, I'm basing this solely on the stat block totals and not on how relevant a stat is and how much difference it makes. For all we know, Rosalina could be great in Golf because that one stat she has filled up makes that much of a difference. Though it's still a bit extreme of a difference.

Then there's the fact that they want you to buy amiibo cards to get particularly good versions of characters, and what cards you get are random. What's more, some cards are just clearly more useful than others. Like, getting a Tennis Rosalina card is great, but a Golf Rosalina card is a dud. Essentially, Nintendo have actually built a microtransaction system into this game and I'm not a fan of that.

FatalitySonic2

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-2278-4493-3606
Rosalina and Birdo being sassy for the camera.

Totally one of my favorite teams.
I like more Rosalina's victory pose here than in MTUS. And with Birdo, they're indeed sassy here.

Then there's the fact that they want you to buy amiibo cards to get particularly good versions of characters, and what cards you get are random. What's more, some cards are just clearly more useful than others. Like, getting a Tennis Rosalina card is great, but a Golf Rosalina card is a dud. Essentially, Nintendo have actually built a microtransaction system into this game and I'm not a fan of that.
Me too. The worst thing about it is that, like normal trading cards, you can have duplicate cards and that's annoying.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Welp , turns out we are mixed here.

Rosalina is voiced by Kerri Kane during GOLF!!!

Can we agree that Nintendo is being inconsistent now on her voice????
They sure are. On the moment. Considering this game is a copy past from World Tour and all... I suppose that's a one-time occurence. If not, consider yourself lucky!

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
i don't know.

As much as i dislike Laura's MK8 voice and obviously prefer Kerri Kane , it's very awkward to have both doing the voice in the same game considering they are very different from one another.

This is confusing. Guess i was right though , Nintendo went to the easy route and reused Kerri's voice instead of using Laura's clips for Golf.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Wow, they really did make a straight port of World Tour for the Golf. I mean, it's not like it's that hard for them to change her voice clips around. I did it for Smash. :p

This game does kinda look like a quick cash grab though. They're more focusing on the Switch right now.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Still though , you would imagine they could have at least changed those.

I mean they took the time to make animations for Baby Luigi and company that matches WT engine.

Lol , they even put some detail and changed Rosalina's icon to give her the sports dress collar.

I mean , it's such a weird thing to leave, specially when the rest of the game is Laura F. Smith.

Can't say it surprised me though , i mean Tennis is really a carbon copy of Open , the voices are even the same for the characters that returned from that game , and Rosalina's is straight from Ultra Smash , nothing new , is the same.

It looks like mix of various things together , some blend , some others don't.

Also i made this gif.

Hopefully you like it.

Last edited:

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
There's another footage of Rosalina's Horse Racing, but this time, she's riding a much smaller horse compared to the other ones. I didn't know that you could choose the horses you ride on. This is like choosing a Kart in Mario Kart. There's also the mood thing, so I wonder what's that about.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
There's another footage of Rosalina's Horse Racing, but this time, she's riding a much smaller horse compared to the other ones. I didn't know that you could choose the horses you ride on. This is like choosing a Kart in Mario Kart. There's also the mood thing, so I wonder what's that about.

I love how she has to hunch up on the little guy. Especially her legs. They're longer than the horse's height, lol.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Btw , i still don't get Rosalina's stats in Golf.

Judging by the gameplay , she still fine to me from the looks of it.

Maybe when i get the game , i can put more detail if there's even some differences between this and WT.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I've been a Rosalina/Super Mario Galaxy fan for 10 years, and I never knew this.

It's so adorable.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Speaking of Super Mario Galaxy, do we even know what room this is? I don't think we ever saw it in the Comet Observatory before. I have a feeling that this is one of those rooms in the Library we don't get to see. I have many questions about the Comet Observatory, since it's spacious with many rooms we may not have seen before.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Speaking of Super Mario Galaxy, do we even know what room this is? I don't think we ever saw it in the Comet Observatory before. I have a feeling that this is one of those rooms in the Library we don't get to see. I have many questions about the Comet Observatory, since it's spacious with many rooms we may not have seen before.

Judging by the Garden dome, and Rosalina's general cosmic powers (like having an entire universe beneath her gown), it's safe to assume that Rosalina (and the Lumas, before she was capable of it) can just make structures that are "bigger on the inside than they are on the outside". Kinda like the TARDIS from Doctor Who.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Or probably is just a background.

I also feel like since Rosalina is very small at that point , she could percive some envoirments as bigger than they actually were , like any other little child.

Top Bottom