• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Rosalina General/Social Thread: 2nd Edition

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Have you guys seen this by the way?

I don't have any computer for now, but I'm really excited to use it! You can easily find it on deviantart. It's a MMD model.

E-Mann

Smash Ace
NNID
TheGFlower
3DS FC
1891-1753-7374

I don't have any computer for now, but I'm really excited to use it! You can easily find it on deviantart. It's a MMD model.
That's awesome! I've seen other models of her on DA, too.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I think I'm just gonna go to the store and try to see if I can get a Rosalina amiibo and all other Mario amiibos if I can, and I hope that it won't turn out to be in the same shoes as her Smash amiibo did.

I hate to tell you, but they don't take kindly to these comments...

All jokes aside, I respect everyone's opinion. I'm not crazy over them either, but I like them as characters of the Mario franchise. Waluigi is comical, and Daisy is the hotheaded princess (though, I know that Peach has shown her temper at times). I wonder what makes them stand out from other Mario character, like how Rosalina does.
When I said they don't look so good, I meant the amiibo themselves look off. There are much better Waluigi figures out there, though I can't say the same for Daisy.

Is that the actual model ripped straight from the game, or is it another case of someone mixing two models together?

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
How do you mix the swim suit part with another head without actually having the original model from the game thought??

Theres no other game where that outfit exists.

The only way aside from having the actual model , which seems like it , would be recreating one and thats a bit unlikely.

People who do the MMD thing have a higher standard for this and actually get models that sites like Models Resource dont rip , remember Rosalinas Ultra Smash model , can someone tell me where that model is on that site?

Exactly , its nowhere to be seen. MMD people usually get the more interesting a complex models.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
How do you mix the swim suit part with another head without actually having the original model from the game thought??

Theres no other game where that outfit exists.

The only way aside from having the actual model , which seems like it , would be recreating one and thats a bit unlikely.

People who do the MMD thing have a higher standard for this and actually get models that sites like Models Resource dont rip , remember Rosalinas Ultra Smash model , can someone tell me where that model is on that site?

Exactly , its nowhere to be seen. MMD people usually get the more interesting a complex models.
Except someone literally did that before.

Remember someone had the leotard model, but put the Smash Rosalina head on it and made the textures darker?

They did that because they apparently couldn't get the real head working at the time. I'm just double checking to see this isn't another case like that.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
When I said they don't look so good, I meant the amiibo themselves look off. There are much better Waluigi figures out there, though I can't say the same for Daisy.

Is that the actual model ripped straight from the game, or is it another case of someone mixing two models together?
It is the complete model, head included. That's why I showed it here. She's also done Peach and Daisy. Someone had rigged the model for a 3D art but didn't make it downloadable. Now it's here!

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I believe she is that shiny because they are trying to simulate the sunlight and that its very hot outside , hence the swimsuit and the pose around Daisy Cruiser pool

Tali vas Normandy

Smash Apprentice

I really love it just because she looks so much mature and older than the default model. I'm actually loving quite the bit more because of it.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
So I suddenly found myself playing Mario Kart 8 again after not touching it for over a year (Don't know what drove me to go back to it). Now I remember why I quit playing it; I got fed up listening to Rosalina's annoying high pitch girly ass voice the whole time...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I may not have touched Mario Kart 8 for almost a full year now, but I still like to look back at the highlight reels that I've uploaded.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
So I suddenly found myself playing Mario Kart 8 again after not touching it for over a year (Don't know what drove me to go back to it). Now I remember why I quit playing it; I got fed up listening to Rosalina's annoying high pitch girly *** voice the whole time...
I use Mario or Toad most of the time. Or just turn the volume lower.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Rosalina's voice clips for Mario Kart 8 pretty much remind me why I've liked to pair her with cute looking vehicles. The Biddybuggy may not be much, but at least it gives Rosalina a kart that can offer good acceleration with the right tires.

Last edited:

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
There's also this mod. It's a WIP, but it's amazing. When you try it on Peach and Daisy, it looks like they'd be too young to wear it, but on Rosalina however... This skin is really lovely, especially since Rosalina looks good in black and it's her Cat power-up color.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Rosalina's voice clips in MK8 are decent at best , specially compared to MKWii and 7.

However , they fit nicely in Mario Tennis Ultra Smash.
Hm…kind of forgot Rosalina's voice sounds like… a bit… I really haven't play Smash or even Mario Kart for a long time.
I thought this guys was banned. Also Trump won.
I'm sorry, what are you talking about?

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
While I wish with all my heart that Kerri Kane had stayed , I must say Laura Faye Smith has grown on me. I still dislike her MK8 version but I'm already used to her voice so is not an issue anymore . What bothers me is when people pretend Kerri Kane was "worse" when in fact she was way better , and no it's not matter of opinion , literally the only hate she got during MK7 was because she was the direct replacement of Mercedes Rose , and that's very unfair considering that at least she sounded a bit similar ; she never really got the "she sounds like Peach" comments like Laura does most of the time after MK8.

What I like about Laura Faye Smith is that in 3D world she made the role her own and it showed she was a capable successor, only to become questionable in MK8.

It also blows my mind how people praise Kerri in Smash while hating on her in MK7 when it's the exact same voice

And don't get me started when people hate on Laura in MP10 yet many of those clips are from 3D world aka her best performance

I don't get it at all.

Also I don't think Hilary had much of a chance , I don't think Americans are ready for a woman to rule. Hopefully not everything is lost since as far as I know none of them were "good" candidates .

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The end of our country.
So people prefer to choose a hot tempered person with gender issues over a person who has had problems with private e-mails? Trump is a far bigger poison than Hillary, and I'm afraid that this news may not only threaten the United States's future, but make the climate change issue worse as well (look at the problems that Bangladesh, the Maldives, and Kiribati are dealing with). Make America great? More like bring America and the less fortunate countries to their demise.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
So people prefer to choose a hot tempered person with gender issues over a person who has had problems with private e-mails? Trump is a far bigger poison than Hillary, and I'm afraid that this news may not only threaten the United States's future, but make the climate change issue worse as well (look at the problems that Bangladesh, the Maldives, and Kiribati are dealing with). Make America great? More like bring America and the less fortunate countries to their demise.
Maybe not threaten US future, but just make US more selfish. Many US citizens might be happy about this. The World is obviously not.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
The US is already selfish after Trump won. There are so many things wrong with America now.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Maybe not threaten US future, but just make US more selfish. Many US citizens might be happy about this. The World is obviously not.
I'm not exactly happy with this ordeal though. Sadly, you can't run away from it, because much like with China and portions of India, the United States is part of the climate change problem.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
I didn't think we'd talk about politics here, but I guess it is THAT popular. Though, it is fairly important and depends on how we will fathom aspects here in the United States.

Donald Trumps may be impeached if he does things not correct for a president, and extreme actions may be vetoed. I disagree with the election results, but no matter what, I refuse to let Trump's presidency shape my future in a horrific way. Many people are protesting, in not so peaceful ways, but despite many people moving to Canada, I'm staying here in the U.S.A because I simply believe that moving to different countries are acts of surrender in my eyes (though people may disagree, it's fair people have different thoughts, after all, it's what makes the world go round). I hope everyone can do the things they do, despite new certain cultures, we should never give up and fight for our dreams. I don't like Trump, but that doesn't mean I hate him to such levels.

Also I don't think Hilary had much of a chance , I don't think Americans are ready for a woman to rule. Hopefully not everything is lost since as far as I know none of them were "good" candidates .
Not to be mean, but that was sexist. Gender inequality in any form, whether it is politics or general, is just wrong. Hillary was the first woman to run for president. Nothing is wrong with having a female be the president of the United State. Hillary has experiences, not only being the First Lady once but has been in politics for about 30 years or more.

I think one thing most of us are forgetting is, no matter what happens, love can never die. Of course, there'll be Wars, conflicts, and problems. But we shouldn't let this election tear us apart. This election isn't what it's supposed to be, we aren't supposed to treat certain candidates this way. I've seen many hatred towards Trumps and Clinton, but none of them held any positivity that we are suppose to be giving. I understand that many people are upset, but to go as far to unreasonable hatred isn't right considering how we're supposed to live in peace and harmony.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I don't like Trump at all. He's a damn racist who would stop at nothing to deport millions of illegal immigrants back to their countries in which they came from. I have family members in here in SC, Texas and Georgia that migrated here from Mexico and with him being elected, their days in this country have been numbered and Clinton was their only hope they got left in staying here but all that has been taken away from them and I don't know if I'll be able to see them again. But despite that, It's still truly a blessing that my mom managed to get the documents needed to maintain her legal status here...

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
The US is already selfish after Trump won. There are so many things wrong with America now.
That's what my dad used to told me. Hope those things can be fixed in the future.
I don't like Trump at all. He's a damn racist who would stop at nothing to deport millions of illegal immigrants back to their countries in which they came from. I have family members in here in SC, Texas and Georgia that migrated here from Mexico and with him being elected, their days in this country have been numbered and Clinton was their only hope they got left in staying here but all that has been taken away from them and I don't know if I'll be able to see them again. But despite that, It's still truly a blessing that my mom managed to get the documents needed to maintain her legal status here...
Yeah, I don't really like that idea to deport illegal immigrants. But I'm an Asian so what do I know? Problem is that people don't trust Clinton too.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Um no , I was not sexist in any way. I really believe most people that voted for Trump voted for him because no matter how much of an asshole he is , he is still male and sadly that's a base for many for not voting for Hilary aside from the political views . The world still lacks true gender equality , not just for women but for all humans alike .

Top Bottom