• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Rosalina General/Social Thread: 2nd Edition

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I don't even play Overwatch so I don't know anything about the characters from the game mentioned in here. I would give the game a shot on my PS4 since I've heard good things about it but I'm not interested now.
I played the PC version and it's a blast of fun. muff said. PS4 version not sure if it will be as good as the PC version.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Seriously, the witch costume looks way off for me too. It was using some of Peach's model I think that giving her witch mod her normal gown, except a huge slit in the front that goes near her knees, and then put in her legs. She would probably have thicker arms, like she does in Ultra Tennis and then give her the witch hat. Not only would this be bewitching, but classy and poise (in my opinion).

Thank you, I was wanting to know how her motherly persona feels from certain angles. Not only how she bears similarity to Rosalina, but how she treats other in Overwatch as well.

So I've thought of her Tennis Dress for a moment and a little wardrobe theory popped in my mind.

I believe that her sport dress is made accessable to every kind of sports, so that she wouldn't need to wear shorts. Her sport dress has a slit in the front, which probably makes it easier to do sports like Equestrian and Tennis, plus her floating around wouldn't be too much trouble. The material her dress uses is suitable for each varieties of sports. I think it would make sense if they gave her this outfit for the Olympics game.
Now that we've seen here with this miniskirt in equestrian, I doubt they'll go through the work of creating another outfit, even if it's a copy-paste of Peach's and Daisy's. It benefits them in every way to stay with t

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Now that we've seen here with this miniskirt in equestrian, I doubt they'll go through the work of creating another outfit, even if it's a copy-paste of Peach's and Daisy's. It benefits them in every way to stay with t
As much of a new outfit sound cool, which wouldn't look too much like Peach or Daisy, by giving her new outfit more resemblance to her trademark nightgown; the pj collar, I agree with that they wouldn't make another one since the sport dress is reusable. They might, but it's unlikely so that's why I looked closer at the sport dress and see how fitting it can be for other sports.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
So looking back and remembering the Mario Kart Switch trailer, it got me think about something... Will Rosalina's voice have an echo effect like she did in previous games, or will she be the same like in Mario Kart 8?

Does anyone else want her echoey voice back in Mario Kart Switch? I actually miss it.
Not happening at all.

If they wanted it this way , they wouldn't have removed it in 3D World to begin with and that was before MK8.

The highest chance for this effect to come back is if Super Mario Galaxy 3 is made with Rosalina on it , because it will force them to record voices again , and since they would be close to Rosalina's home series its likely for it to come back.

Otherwise , lets embrace the girlyness and joy in her current incarnation , as we dont have much of a choice either way.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Is anyone else hoping for Super Mario Galaxy 3, or a mix of Galaxy and Sunshine for the Switch?
I am fine with any new Super Mario game. The one in the Switch trailer looks awesome.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I cannot tell whether these Miiverse drawings of Rosalina are new or old. It would be amazing if those pictures were the latest, so we get our dose of Rosalina & friends regularly.
The latest drawing that I posted is a new one. It should also be noted that some drawings can only be found at the Japanese communities.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Wowz Mercy sure looks quite like Rosalina ib this kind of artwork.
And this is what most people pretty much think of Mei in Overwatch Quick Play and Competitive mode…an evil Chinese women that can freeze you and then headshot you to death.
Warning: Staring at this women's eyes can consume your soul, and drag you to the depths of hell… I ain't joking BRO!- Etika reference…
Note: No, Mei's eyes aren't actually pink purple, they are brown-black. She also wears glasses. It's just for more Yandere feel I guess…

Last edited:

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Wowz Mercy sure looks quite like Rosalina ib this kind of artwork.
Wow, what so you mean this isn't Rosalina. Remove the earrings... the Overwatch logo... and wahoo, Rosalina!

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm a little late, but November 1st, which just passed by, was Rosalina's 9th Anniversary!

I'm putting together a small piece of art to commemorate the occasion, but I will be a bit late since I ran into some technical difficulties.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Here's my little Rosalina Anniversary celebration.

It's Rosalina drawn in the style of World of Final Fantasy, as if she were a champion in that game. I wanted something I could do that wouldn't take too long, and I've been interested in that game for a while, and thought she might look cute like this.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105

It's Rosalina drawn in the style of World of Final Fantasy, as if she were a champion in that game. I wanted something I could do that wouldn't take too long, and I've been interested in that game for a while, and thought she might look cute like this.

She indeed does look cute! Congrats, I love it!

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

I hope there's a 3D render soon...

MaJoR MuCuS

Smash Apprentice
Do you think Rosalina will get this generic outfit in Mario Sports Superstar? I say this cause I don't think her riding a horse in her sports dress is very appropriate even if the tights do cover up her underwear.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655

I'd be totally okay with having this before an official Paper Rosalina.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Happy belated birthday, Rosalina!

Do you think Rosalina will get this generic outfit in Mario Sports Superstar? I say this cause I don't think her riding a horse in her sports dress is very appropriate even if the tights do cover up her underwear.
If they decide to go with a new outfit, not using the sport dress, I don't think they would make her wear that either. She'd either have long sleeves or long pants, since her previous attires followed a pattern to differentiate from Peach and Daisy (her stockings in the Tennis dress, and the sleeves in the leotard).

Last edited:

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
I ran across another hidden gem of Rosalina being a total cutie as always with her hair over her shoulder. I don't know why but I just find it so adorable when she has her hair like that.
To my knowledge, the artist's name is kaceuth. This was sourced on their twitter, but some other artwork posts are, shall we say, less than safe. So I won't link it. But nonetheless, this pic is awesome.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I ran across another hidden gem of Rosalina being a total cutie as always with her hair over her shoulder. I don't know why but I just find it so adorable when she has her hair like that.
To my knowledge, the artist's name is kaceuth. This was sourced on their twitter, but some other artwork posts are, shall we say, less than safe. So I won't link it. But nonetheless, this pic is awesome.
Pics like this never ceases to put a smile on my face. :)

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
What I found really strange is that they put in Baby Rosalina instead of Rosalina... It can't be coincidental, especially since Mario is the poster boy of Mario Kart 8 and Rosalina is the poster girl.

MaJoR MuCuS

Smash Apprentice
Waluigi looks cross-eyed... By the way, do the figures feel sturdy? One of my issues with the Smash Bros. Rosalina amiibo is that she felt fragile and could break if I wasn't careful.
They are well better built than the Smash ones. You can pick these up by the head and not have to worry about the heads wobbling and breaking.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm often very careful with handling my amiibo sets. Outside of some dust building up at spots, they're still in good condition.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Waluigi and Daisy don't look so good, and I'm not terribly interested in them as characters, but I intended to get them today since I m have all of the other Mario amiibo. And I genuinely want Diddy.

But apparently nowhere in my town has them in stock. GameStop still has Daisy and Diddy listed as pre-orders. Waluigi is nowhere to be seen, because even if you try hard, sometimes you don't make it to the store shelf.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
I think I'm just gonna go to the store and try to see if I can get a Rosalina amiibo and all other Mario amiibos if I can, and I hope that it won't turn out to be in the same shoes as her Smash amiibo did.

Waluigi and Daisy don't look so good

I hate to tell you, but they don't take kindly to these comments...

All jokes aside, I respect everyone's opinion. I'm not crazy over them either, but I like them as characters of the Mario franchise. Waluigi is comical, and Daisy is the hotheaded princess (though, I know that Peach has shown her temper at times). I wonder what makes them stand out from other Mario character, like how Rosalina does.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
I think I'm just gonna go to the store and try to see if I can get a Rosalina amiibo and all other Mario amiibos if I can, and I hope that it won't turn out to be in the same shoes as her Smash amiibo did.

I hate to tell you, but they don't take kindly to these comments...

All jokes aside, I respect everyone's opinion. I'm not crazy over them either, but I like them as characters of the Mario franchise. Waluigi is comical, and Daisy is the hotheaded princess (though, I know that Peach has shown her temper at times). I wonder what makes them stand out from other Mario character, like how Rosalina does.
I have to admit I like Daisy's personality. Not usually my type (I think all my favorite characters are apathetic-looking superhumans. Well, I only have two but that's a sign right?) but it's definitely appealing. I find it quite funny when she's so pissed off about defeat like in the gif you posted.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I got mine today during my sleep.

IMG_0142.JPG

Haven't opened it yet, which I'll do that later.

Top Bottom