• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Rosalina General/Social Thread: 2nd Edition

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I got some screenshots from Ultra Smash as well. I really like the ones that make Rosalina seems majestic, graceful and purely divine such as this image.

<content redacted>

She's a buff mama, that's why.
While you may have put the image and text in spoiler tags, it is still not appropriate to post images for the sole purpose of looking up a character's dress.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
Every time a new Rosalina cosplay is made, it makes the world feel like that much better of a place.

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Princess-Rosalina-Super-Mario-Galaxy-642165753
She looks absolutely stunning. She goes by LayzeMichelle but her cosplay work is anything but. I've seen her earlier progress on this one that she's posted in the past. The level of quality she puts in her work is just so incredible! You gotta see it to believe it. So glad to see it pretty much complete. And it's not just the dress, wig, and accessories though. That Luma plushie she made looks so plump and squishy and just perfect. She even went above and beyond on the detail on the cover of the storybook of all things! This kind of quality cosplay is a great addition to go up there with many other fantastic pieces of Rosalina art. She has created something truly amazing. <3

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
>They made her shorter

DROPPED

----------------

Anyway, remember that Mario Sports Furuta figure line that was circulating a while ago? When does that launch? I want to make sure I get the Rosalina figure.
They did? Not sure about that.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Every time a new Rosalina cosplay is made, it makes the world feel like that much better of a place.

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Princess-Rosalina-Super-Mario-Galaxy-642165753
She looks absolutely stunning. She goes by LayzeMichelle but her cosplay work is anything but. I've seen her earlier progress on this one that she's posted in the past. The level of quality she puts in her work is just so incredible! You gotta see it to believe it. So glad to see it pretty much complete. And it's not just the dress, wig, and accessories though. That Luma plushie she made looks so plump and squishy and just perfect. She even went above and beyond on the detail on the cover of the storybook of all things! This kind of quality cosplay is a great addition to go up there with many other fantastic pieces of Rosalina art. She has created something truly amazing. <3
Yeah, her cosplay art on "Princess" Rosalina was cool. I like that she chose an outer space background and that one of her poses references Smash. I hope that in the future cosplayers like those would get to be in a cinematic videos or movies to make Rosalina's powers and ability even more realistic and terrifying.

Like, I can already imagine a real life Rosalina being able to control gravity on Earth and potential celestial powers and much more.

RosalinA

Smash Ace
Battlefield. These stadiums are really homey.
NNID
EthanDL
3DS FC
3093-7662-4641

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
So looking back and remembering the Mario Kart Switch trailer, it got me think about something... Will Rosalina's voice have an echo effect like she did in previous games, or will she be the same like in Mario Kart 8?

Does anyone else want her echoey voice back in Mario Kart Switch? I actually miss it.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
So looking back and remembering the Mario Kart Switch trailer, it got me think about something... Will Rosalina's voice have an echo effect like she did in previous games, or will she be the same like in Mario Kart 8?

Does anyone else want her echoey voice back in Mario Kart Switch? I actually miss it.
I want the echo too. Laura can sport the echo too and I don't see why they removed it.

MaJoR MuCuS

Smash Apprentice

It was her echo voice in Mario Kart Wii that made me like Rosalina in the first place, so I want the it back. Rosalina just isn't the same without it.

Last edited:

EliTE9

Smash Rookie
For me, Rosalina having an echo is much better than none. She kinda sounded off-ish in MK8

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

It'd be nice, but I'm not counting on it. It looks like it's just a port of Mario Kart 8 with new features. I don't expect them to change the already existing characters at all.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Maybe, we will just have to wait and see.

And whoa, I had never thought Rosalina can be like Mercy, she does have blond hair like her.
IMG_20161029_005434.jpg

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Maybe, we will just have to wait and see.

And whoa, I had never thought Rosalina can be like Mercy, she does have blond hair like her.View attachment 119959
You say you never thought.

But here's me saying "how did it take a whole year to make this obvious mash-up?"

Seriously, it's uncanny how many similarities Mercy has to Rosalina.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
You say you never thought.

But here's me saying "how did it take a whole year to make this obvious mash-up?"

Seriously, it's uncanny how many similarities Mercy has to Rosalina.
Well, Mercy and Rosalina don't really have anything in common except that they are both blond. Sure they both can aid their allies. But Mercy is a doctor and Rosalina is a mother.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well, Mercy and Rosalina don't really have anything in common except that they are both blond. Sure they both can aid their allies. But Mercy is a doctor and Rosalina is a mother.
Mercy has quite a motherly persona though.

Everyone calls her "the mom of Overwatch".

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Mercy has quite a motherly persona though.

Everyone calls her "the mom of Overwatch".
Indeed, and Soldier 76 is the dad. And that's just fan joke cannon.
And another character call Pharah has a suit that looks a lot like Samus' suit.

Now I wanna learn more about Mercy. But wiki isn't very accurate.
I can tell you since I had already played the game and a fan of the game. Overwatch wiki is pretty accurate.
Ziegler rose to become the head of surgery at a prominent Swiss hospital before pioneering a breakthrough in the field of applied nanobiology that radically improved the treatment of life-threatening illnesses and injuries. It was this expertise that attracted the attention of Overwatch.

Because her parents had been taken by war, Ziegler was opposed to the organization's militaristic approach to keeping global peace. Ultimately, she recognized that Overwatch offered her the opportunity to save lives on a much larger scale. As Overwatch's head of medical research, Angela sought to leverage her work for healing in frontline crises. The result was the Valkyrie swift-response suit, which Ziegler herself piloted on many Overwatch missions.[2]

I had not played Mercy in Quick Play and Competitive at all. I often use Lucio as support.
Here is Mei with the Ice Climbers. Mei is considered the most annoying and OP character in Overwatch. Similar to how many people think of Ice Climbers in Melee.

Last edited:

EliTE9

Smash Rookie
Witch Rosalina is out! Apparently KTH made it. Rosalina now has full bending legs

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
But her in-game model is much better than the render
I honestly disagree.

It has some nice touches on the outfit, but her arms and legs are like twigs, and it seems like he made her a bit shorter so that the hat wouldn't make her look "too tall". He also clearly copied the bottom of the dress (and likely the leg model) from Peach.

EliTE9

Smash Rookie
I honestly disagree.

It has some nice touches on the outfit, but her arms and legs are like twigs, and it seems like he made her a bit shorter so that the hat wouldn't make her look "too tall". He also clearly copied the bottom of the dress (and likely the leg model) from Peach.
Well we all have our own opinions

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
What I like about this mod is that Rosalina's legs aren't covered by the dress. I'd really like a mod with her biker outfit, because seeing her floating around without the dress gives a completely different atmosphere, I don't really know why. That's why I love her sport outfit so much.

EliTE9

Smash Rookie
What I like about this mod is that Rosalina's legs aren't covered by the dress. I'd really like a mod with her biker outfit, because seeing her floating around without the dress gives a completely different atmosphere, I don't really know why. That's why I love her sport outfit so much.
I'm actually working on a Biker Rosalina import. Although I can't figure out how to rig

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Seriously, the witch costume looks way off for me too. It was using some of Peach's model I think that giving her witch mod her normal gown, except a huge slit in the front that goes near her knees, and then put in her legs. She would probably have thicker arms, like she does in Ultra Tennis and then give her the witch hat. Not only would this be bewitching, but classy and poise (in my opinion).

I can tell you since I had already played the game and a fan of the game. Overwatch wiki is pretty accurate.
Ziegler rose to become the head of surgery at a prominent Swiss hospital before pioneering a breakthrough in the field of applied nanobiology that radically improved the treatment of life-threatening illnesses and injuries. It was this expertise that attracted the attention of Overwatch.

Because her parents had been taken by war, Ziegler was opposed to the organization's militaristic approach to keeping global peace. Ultimately, she recognized that Overwatch offered her the opportunity to save lives on a much larger scale. As Overwatch's head of medical research, Angela sought to leverage her work for healing in frontline crises. The result was the Valkyrie swift-response suit, which Ziegler herself piloted on many Overwatch missions.[2]
Thank you, I was wanting to know how her motherly persona feels from certain angles. Not only how she bears similarity to Rosalina, but how she treats other in Overwatch as well.

That's why I love her sport outfit so much.
So I've thought of her Tennis Dress for a moment and a little wardrobe theory popped in my mind.

I believe that her sport dress is made accessable to every kind of sports, so that she wouldn't need to wear shorts. Her sport dress has a slit in the front, which probably makes it easier to do sports like Equestrian and Tennis, plus her floating around wouldn't be too much trouble. The material her dress uses is suitable for each varieties of sports. I think it would make sense if they gave her this outfit for the Olympics game.

Last edited:

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
And whoa, I had never thought Rosalina can be like Mercy, she does have blond hair like her.View attachment 119959
This alone raises my interest in the characters of Overwatch and their lore and stuff.
Here is Mei with the Ice Climbers. Mei is considered the most annoying and OP character in Overwatch. Similar to how many people think of Ice Climbers in Melee.
*Ded* x_x

Why didn't I imagine something like this before? I mean I don't even play Overwatch but I should've seen this concept from light years away. As for the characters being annoying and OP, well, I guess people annoyed by Mei should just chill out and people annoyed by ICies should just get over it.:p

RosalinA

Smash Ace
NNID
EthanDL
3DS FC
3093-7662-4641
Indeed, and Soldier 76 is the dad. And that's just fan joke cannon.
And another character call Pharah has a suit that looks a lot like Samus' suit.

I had not played Mercy in Quick Play and Competitive at all. I often use Lucio as support.
Both if these are awsome. I've never really thought about how similar they are to each other.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
This alone raises my interest in the characters of Overwatch and their lore and stuff
Go check it out, they are interesting. Overwatch's atmosphere was the crucial thing that I got interested on.
Ded* x_x

Why didn't I imagine something like this before? I mean I don't even play Overwatch but I should've seen this concept from light years away. As for the characters being annoying and OP, well, I guess people annoyed by Mei should just chill out and people annoyed by ICies should just get over it.:p
She is a bit annoying, but I still like her. Not only because she and me had some common (But from Asia and also Chinese). Her freeze spray and wall are very useful. But it takes time to master.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I don't even play Overwatch so I don't know anything about the characters from the game mentioned in here. I would give the game a shot on my PS4 since I've heard good things about it but I'm not interested now.

Last edited:

RosalinA

Smash Ace
NNID
EthanDL
3DS FC
3093-7662-4641
I don't even play Overwatch so I don't know anything about the characters from the game mentioned in here. I would give the game a shot on my PS4 since I've heard good things about it but I'm not interested now.
Same. I've heard a lot about the game and I've seen all the trailers and people play it, I just haven't gotten it myself, but I would if I could.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Same. I've heard a lot about the game and I've seen all the trailers and people play it, I just haven't gotten it myself, but I would if I could.
Yeah and besides, I already got my hands full of games on my PS4 I need to get finished anyways.

Top Bottom