• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Rosalina General/Social Thread: 2nd Edition

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
All I can see happening with this update is that Bayonetta will probably get nerfed. I think Rosalina will be untouched, but people will complain more about her because people always hate dual / puppeteer characters.

I wish they would do two things for Rosalina & Luma. Give Rosa's neutral air a little more knockback at the end (not as much as the 3DS days since it killed like at 110% near the edge which is super early). I'd want Luma to have more survivability by removing his tumble. Getting hit by one move and knocking Luma off stage really dumb since it costs 13 seconds or even more if Luma is constantly knocked off. I'd rather see a more traditional approach with just Luma's HP and respawn time being balanced. Adding insta death on Luma throws everything off.

This wish will never happen though since it'd be a really big change.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
All I can see happening with this update is that Bayonetta will probably get nerfed. I think Rosalina will be untouched, but people will complain more about her because people always hate dual / puppeteer characters.

I wish they would do two things for Rosalina & Luma. Give Rosa's neutral air a little more knockback at the end (not as much as the 3DS days since it killed like at 110% near the edge which is super early). I'd want Luma to have more survivability by removing his tumble. Getting hit by one move and knocking Luma off stage really dumb since it costs 13 seconds or even more if Luma is constantly knocked off. I'd rather see a more traditional approach with just Luma's HP and respawn time being balanced. Adding insta death on Luma throws everything off.

This wish will never happen though since it'd be a really big change.
If I want to be picky, I want all of my mains buffed...
I do hope for Rosalina, Cloud , and Shulk buff the most.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Software updates probably aren't going to be enough to stop the use of hacks. Nintendo would have to give the Wii U a "system" update if it expects to fix any of the exploits that are being used.

The 3DS has had system updates, and they pretty much stopped all of the old 3DS models from being able to use any kind of exploit; only smashbroshax can be used now, and that only works for the New Nintendo 3DS system.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Then again , i think people are counting on the fact that Nintendo will stop caring that much about the Wii U now that the NX is coming closer to become a thing.

At the end of the day , full hacks will be an achivement , like it happened in the Wii ; And the will be easier to do as time passes , even more if people create powerful tools such as the Brawlbox.

It's just , as usual , matter of time.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
If I could have one reasonable change for the 1.1.6 patch, it'd be less endlag and more range for Star Bits. It rarely sees use, but I believe it's a useful spacing tool.
I find Star Bits to be a really good and underutilized tool. And besides, they can't make it faster and longer-ranged, because Shooting Star Bit has to have a use.

I'd very much appreciate it if her grabs made sense, though.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I find Star Bits to be a really good and underutilized tool. And besides, they can't make it faster and longer-ranged, because Shooting Star Bit has to have a use.

I'd very much appreciate it if her grabs made sense, though.
Finally, someone gets it.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I think they can easily buff Star Bits, there's a big range gap between Shooting and Default so a slight range increase wouldn't hurt.
And no, I don't want Rosa's grab of all characters to get "fixed" before Pac's.
But both is good.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The Mario Kart 8 badges are back in the Badge Arcade in Europe, including the Rosalina ones, for today if anyone missed them before.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
honestly , if there was a move that i would think is kinda underused in Rosalina's sleeve would be her down B. Personally i use starbits often to put some distance when needed .

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I rarely use her down B in all my matches I've had with her. It's not really that useful for me anyways.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Gravitational Pull is only useful when you actually need it against projectile users who spam like crazy (or against Ness / Lucas off-stage to gimp their recoveries). So it's basically for forcing campers to approach you.

There aren't many characters who use projectiles anyways, so that's why it isn't used that often (unless you're playing For Fun and you wanna take all the items :p).

RandysRage

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere between the North and South Poles
Gravitational Pull is only useful when you actually need it against projectile users who spam like crazy (or against Ness / Lucas off-stage to gimp their recoveries). So it's basically for forcing campers to approach you.

There aren't many characters who use projectiles anyways, so that's why it isn't used that often (unless you're playing For Fun and you wanna take all the items :p).
Oh, you're throwing a Master Ball, eh?

YOINK

aw crap it's goldeen

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

OK I might get Minecraft on Wii U for this. This is amazing.

I can use the Rosalina skin and finally play god with her.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
The Mario Kart 8 badges are back in the Badge Arcade in Europe, including the Rosalina ones, for today if anyone missed them before.
When is it coming to US?
I rarely use her down B in all my matches I've had with her. It's not really that useful for me anyways.
Completely useless for those who has no projectiles.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Then again , i think it's pretty much safe to assume that most people that play as a character with easy projectile spams will totally rely on them to make distance.

This gives GP a very useful purpose to cancel any further spam to approach .

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Here are the rest of the skins:
Honestly, I thought I saw Peach, Daisy, and Rosalina in their biker outfits somewhere online. Maybe it wasn't real (or it could be unlockables).

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
There's no Celestial Mother without a home!

I really hope that Outer Space gets to be a Minecraft biome in the Mario Pack, because I can just envision seeing Rosalina caring for her Luma while commanding the Comet Observatory, like what she does in the Super Mario Galaxy games. We could just have as many galaxies we want in Minecraft, but I can't believe some blocks can't go that far up. It'll be some kind of cosmic background, while the Mushroom Kingdom is far below the Observatory, which locates directly below the clouds. As for the Comet Observatory, it's so high up that you'd barely see the ground. I happen to think that the Comet Observatory parks directly in the mesosphere, and can travel further beyond the exosphere of Earth and be in any galaxies, but it'll be mainly be located in the mesosphere. I'm thinking that there should be a way to land on the Comet Observatory, and I'm thinking of a vertical beacon that leads there, from Star hills at least. (I know the path from Star Hill leads to Star Haven, but the Comet Observatory isn't that far and it's possible to reach it considering you could see it at the end of SM3DW.) Just talking about another Mario Galaxy game but in Minecraft version gets me so hyped, and I can't wait to see Rosalina soar the vast cosmos from galaxies to galaxies.

And for the Comet Observatory comparisons.

Well, you pretty much get the idea.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
All this talk about Rosalina being a caring mother to the Lumas and Comet Observatory makes me wanna replay Super Mario Galaxy again.

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
I actually like this kinds of trolls. They give something to laugh about for a while. Were there some posts of "he who must not be named" in the old thread? If yes, I want to read them so bad lol

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I actually like this kinds of trolls. They give something to laugh about for a while. Were there some posts of "he who must not be named" in the old thread? If yes, I want to read them so bad lol
There are, but you'd have to go as far back as the January 2015 posts to see "you know who's" stunts.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
There's no Celestial Mother without a home!

I really hope that Outer Space gets to be a Minecraft biome in the Mario Pack, because I can just envision seeing Rosalina caring for her Luma while commanding the Comet Observatory, like what she does in the Super Mario Galaxy games. We could just have as many galaxies we want in Minecraft, but I can't believe some blocks can't go that far up. It'll be some kind of cosmic background, while the Mushroom Kingdom is far below the Observatory, which locates directly below the clouds. As for the Comet Observatory, it's so high up that you'd barely see the ground. I happen to think that the Comet Observatory parks directly in the mesosphere, and can travel further beyond the exosphere of Earth and be in any galaxies, but it'll be mainly be located in the mesosphere. I'm thinking that there should be a way to land on the Comet Observatory, and I'm thinking of a vertical beacon that leads there, from Star hills at least. (I know the path from Star Hill leads to Star Haven, but the Comet Observatory isn't that far and it's possible to reach it considering you could see it at the end of SM3DW.) Just talking about another Mario Galaxy game but in Minecraft version gets me so hyped, and I can't wait to see Rosalina soar the vast cosmos from galaxies to galaxies.

And for the Comet Observatory comparisons.

Well, you pretty much get the idea.
Awesome...
Why do some of the posts on this page remind me of "he who must not be named"?
I remember I was the one came up with that, also "+here" for that statement.
Anyway let's pretend those post doesn't exist shall we?
Funny if they are just "simply" trolling, but as you see that idiot. He's not joking. He and "He Who Must Not Be Named Here" have been going hot cakes for just one character for years and got bashed many times.
Because he has a similar avatar, as well as toxic attitude of one-man army raiding?
One word for that guy:freak.

Last edited:

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
What does that one word in RoSTALINa even mean? And I've a feeling "Who He Must Not be Named" is back for revenge, I think we should just ignore him, it's getting too old for this. I'm just gonna go gaga with Beautiful Rosalina, cause haters gonna hate. Players gonna play.

Last edited:

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
What does that one word in RoSTALINa even mean? And I've a feeling "Who He Must Not be Named" is back for revenge, I think we should just ignore him, it's getting too old for this. I'm just gonna go gaga with Beautiful Rosalina, cause haters gonna hate. Players gonna play.
You know, Joseph Stalin, the infamous dictator leader of the URSS?
However, if the trolls or "handicapped" people (not the real ones) come back for revenge I'll take, I love make fun of them.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Can we all just return to the way it was before , you know , just ignore certain posts and move along.

Who the hell cares anymore , so much garbage in human form into this world...

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
I can't even remember "He Who Must Not Be Named". I think I was here when they were here, but I've completely forgot who that person was. Oh well, just gotta move on.

As for the 1.1.6 patch, do you guys think Rosalina & Luma may have a chance of getting affected? I know people have been stating that this patch only affects Bayonetta, but I think the file size may be too big to indicate that it's the only thing that's been changed. I've been hearing that certain stage files have been decompressed also, so that could be it.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I can't even remember "He Who Must Not Be Named". I think I was here when they were here, but I've completely forgot who that person was. Oh well, just gotta move on.

As for the 1.1.6 patch, do you guys think Rosalina & Luma may have a chance of getting affected? I know people have been stating that this patch only affects Bayonetta, but I think the file size may be too big to indicate that it's the only thing that's been changed. I've been hearing that certain stage files have been decompressed also, so that could be it.
Only Bayonetta has been changed. Apparently some people think they butchered her so we will see about that.

Also, in regards to why the 3DS patch is so big, it's because the 3DS can't patch with partitions. Instead, it overwrites the last patch with a single patch including the changes of every patch before hand, and then includes the newest patch. The Wii U version can just have each patch stored separately and run all of them at once, though.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
"He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named?" Why are we talking about Lord Voldemort?
When is it coming to US?

Completely useless for those who has no projectiles.
Not completely. You can B-Reverse it to right yourself after being back thrown by Falcon or Sonic or other attacks that turn you around.

Last edited:

Ih8heels

Smash Cadet

Rosalina: Hey Doc I'm feeling fatigued. I need a little pick-me-up.

Doc: Ups-a "Daisy"

Rosalina AAAAHHH!!! This is not what I meant!!

Doc: Oops-a "Daisy"

Last edited by a moderator:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
You know, Joseph Stalin, the infamous dictator leader of the URSS?
However, if the trolls or "handicapped" people (not the real ones) come back for revenge I'll take, I love make fun of them.
Yep…
So do I to some extent.
If that was his way of getting attention, then he's wasting his goddamn time.
Can't agree you enough.
Not completely. You can B-Reverse it to right yourself after being back thrown by Falcon or Sonic or other attacks that turn you around.
I didn't know that.

Rosalina: Hey Doc I'm feeling fatigued. I need a little pick-me-up.

Doc: Ups-a "Daisy"

Rosalina AAAAHHH!!! This is not what I meant!!

Doc: Oops-a "Daisy"
Oh, don't worry. I have my mains prepared.
Cuz they lost their minds, that's why.
Or just don't wanna even mention his name. Because even mentioning his name/alias is a curse.

Last edited:
Top Bottom