• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Role of Toon Link in Teams

Power of Slash

Smash Ace
As a Toon Link main, I find Toon Link in doubles to be incredibly fun and effective.

I find Toon Link to make a formidable stock tank, and with no puns to team broken arrow at all, I really like teaming up with MK's as opposed to every other character(no not because it racks in wins)

I was curious, since I haven't seen this discussed how do you all view TL's role in Doubles?

copacetic

Smash Journeyman
my partner (an Ike main) and I usually try to control the middle, so he'll choose the opponent who he's better against and i'll keep my guy away with nair, zair, and projectiles. and if he ever needs help i can just shoot an arrow his way, or if I see him start charging a smash i'll turn around and poke his guy with a zair and he'll get his smash in.

But this is mostly because we know each other really well, so I can predict exactly what he'll do. Still, TL has a lot of low-damage, quick moves which can have enough stun to set up a free attack for your teammate.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
He piles up the damage
And his partner kills

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Just rack up damage, throw bombs in as a GTFO for your foe who's doing the work, and hold down the stocks.

Simplistic, but his moveset totally supports this sort of teamplay.

Mystic101

Smash Cadet
Some good toon teams i have seen are toonlink zelda toonlink captian falcon( a pro one) i find teirs dont matter as much when making effective teams, o ya toonlink diddy is *****in to toonlink snake is hard but effective if you can pull it off. if you and your partner are seperated it is always a possibility to send rangs or arrows over there to help them, while you are fighting, this is n essential tactic.

-Tempest-

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1413-9980
Toon Link works well with anyone with kill power, but my teammate and I work out pretty well running TL/Lucario.

Lucario's aura is screwy in teams, which means that at any time, either of us can be serving as the killer and the racker, and we both tank stocks like mad.

Toon Link just spams his arrows, while your team mate (should be Falcon for the epicness) just rams people with his knees.

Alzi

Smash Master
You are the damage maker your partner is the finisher. I just hit and run and wait for my partner to do a kill which is usually a marth.

anhkheg

Smash Rookie
Could agree more with the racking perspective for TL

My partner (a Marth) and i usually end up passing TLs bombs bewteen us for mind games, and it keeps opposing teams on their toes more cuz the bombs come from more directions

Over all TL servers as a ledge camper since his zair and projectiles hold off the approach from the center as the fair/bair lock off the stage is usually enough to kill what the Marth cant

vbdood1337

Smash Apprentice
TL/Meta really is the best option. TL tanks stocks and throws **** everywhere while MK goes overly agressive and goes for gimps and KO's. It's workin pretty well for Broken Arrow so far...

DCStyle

Smash Apprentice
TL & Ike or TL & Snake (TL being the prime projectile user in this team match).

Ashraf23

Smash Apprentice
yep, most people got it. You rack up damage and youre partner gets the kills. But one thing that works well is when ur partner is racking up damage and you can sneak an Usmash on ur opponent behind their back lol.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
TL+mk is awesome. TL+snake is awesome too. And TL + DDD seems to work too. And yes we rack up the damage and they kill.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Game and Watch doesn't agree with your statement

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Doubles is not only match ups
Its combinations too

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Yup. G&W is amazing in teams.
On top of that, there are some characters who can benefit more from teammates that aren't MK.

Popertop

Smash Champion
that's what I've suspected for a while, but I haven't been able to team with any good/pro toon links.
I will at LasT 3, so ... butthole

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I'm not so bad in teams. >_>;
I have to make up for my partner's slack usually though.

JaredK22

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jrdkilr22
3DS FC
2664-2858-9403
Switch FC
SW-1079-9038-3317
As a Tink main myself, I don't spam arrows OR bombs because I'm more of a hit & run type or go in for the kill. And I feel that the way I play Tink, helps fast characters but that's my opinion.

captain_seba

Smash Rookie
Toon Link is a pretty defensive character in doubles, his role is to stock tank a prevent his teammate to get caught in between the 2 members of the other team, he can easily break team combos with his item play

trusty

Smash Apprentice
It's all about spamming everything from the back, assuming that you're teamed up with a close range character. You can lead with Toon Link as well if you're somewhere without tons of platforms by spamming his dash and aerial attacks

Top Bottom