• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"The Road to Magicant; Part 1 - Departure" - boing! Ness combo video dakota

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGAmwNLb9Xg

First of all this is a year overdue and I want to apologize for that. To me though it feels well worth the delay, as the quality of the footage I had for this is far greater than anything I would have had when I first set out to do this.

Things to note:
-No WiFi clips
-No bad rap music
-Ness is God Tier

This is going to be a multi-part series of videos, and the second part could actually come very soon. More importantly though, it's going to cover a theme that I feel is very important in this game...

Q: "The Road to Magicant? Wtf?"

A: Those of you who've played through Earthbound probably recognize Magicant as a bizarre world conjured my Ness' imagination that contained all of Ness' latent psychokinetic abilities. Those of you who haven't are probably still saying "wtf?"

For both of those groups, the Magicant I'm referring to is not the one from Earthbound (though it is similar)... and it's something important for every player I think. Magicant is the place in your mind - the state of mind - where you do not think, you just know.

A lot of playeres are nervous and miss opportunities in this game or make mistakes due to their own misjudgments or lack of confidence. Instead of worrying about those things, just know what you must do - and do it. This is a defensive game, but when the opportunity to go on the offense arises, be relentless; don't let your opponent out of the pressure. Inevitably of course your opponent will escape but don't let that phase you, just wait for your next opportunity.

Don't think -
Ness said:
"Know what you must do".
I have not reached this level of mastery yet, and this is why this only the departure on the road to Magicant.

To end this I want to give a very special thanks to the Ness community that helped with this, and especially those who convinced me to have patience for better footage when I was unsatisfied with my previous attempt.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I was and still am very impressed by your Ness, AvariceX. I mean ****! So many unpredictable PKT2's all over the place. I loved that spike on King DeDeDe. It was very daring and amazing. O:

MrsSaturnandWatch

Smash Journeyman
I like the way you used EarthBound quotes and used it in your own little way. That's what makes this so good > 3 <
Good (poop) Avarice! :D

Top Bottom