• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

This topic in a nutshell.
No purple and not BIG enough. -64/10. But i wonder what's for DINNER and what Ganon is up to.

Does anyone thinks that Ridley will be second-to-last to unlock? He most of the time was second-to-last boss you had to beat, even in SSBB (as Meta Ridley if you will exclude maze stage), so, it could be a homage/reference to that.

Last edited:

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Damn guys...I can't believe we failed again. Our only hope if Sakurai isn't in charge of smash 5. I'm so depressed right now. I had never seen that POTD until now. An enemy from Samus's past could appear at any moment...shown on pryosphere. Where Ridley was hinted to be a stage hazard who could randomly show up. Damn. I wish I didn't have class today. I want to crawl in bed.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Damn guys...I can't believe we failed again. Our only hope if Sakurai isn't in charge of smash 5. I'm so depressed right now. I had never seen that POTD until now. An enemy from Samus's past could appear at any moment...shown on pryosphere. Where Ridley was hinted to be a stage hazard who could randomly show up. Damn. I wish I didn't have class today. I want to crawl in bed.
Look at the POTD that Palutena was first teased

Blackflamedragon

Smash Apprentice
Never say that if it weren't for sakurai we never would of had super smash bros in the first place
Also you need to stop demoralizing the troops we have

Maxilian

Smash Ace
what? was Ridley confirmed as a boss in Pyrosphere?

You're very quick to give up. We don't have all the characters unlocked yet.

Also Sakurai is the only man I want in charge of Smash, don't even say things like that. Smash would not be the same without him.

Last edited:

•Col•

Smash Champion
Hey can someone post a link to that edited gif image of the guy, with ridley's face pasted over, putting his fists into the air and a bunch of children crying in happiness?

I need something to spam my friends with when Ridley is revealed. :3c

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I know how to settle this

Someone ask them to try to beat every-mode with samus/zero suit samus on all difficulties and also check certain play time or number of round plays on vs.

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
Welcome to 2013 I guess.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I know how to settle this

Someone ask them to try to beat every-mode with samus/zero suit samus on all difficulties and also check certain play time or number of round plays on vs.
These dimwits are going through Classic with chars that are obviously not gonna unlock anything like Pac-Man and Duck Hunt Dog instead of checking for the most important newcomer.

Clavaat

Smash Cadet
These dimwits are going through Classic with chars that are obviously not gonna unlock anything like Pac-Man and Duck Hunt Dog instead of checking for the most important newcomer.
On the contrary, clearing Classic with all characters could be a condition. Also, it may not be character-dependent at all. Just clear in a certain amount of time, no deaths, certain path, etc.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I heard the news they are shutting down the character section once one of the guys finds everyone and after release.

Only will reactivate of DLC is confirmed

I has ben an honor being with you pirates.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I heard the news they are shutting down the character section once one of the guys finds everyone and after release.

Only will reactivate of DLC is confirmed

I has ben an honor being with you pirates.
So the mods are basically too scared of a crash to let us discuss?

wewewezing

Smash Cadet
I shall not lose hope! Seriously though, Ridley is one of the most requested and speculated newcomers, and I really think he deserves a slot more than Clones like Dark pit

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Guys, Lucina unlocked, one row of characters left, looks like Hidden 5 might actually be a thing.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Well... I have one fear regarding Ridley: There is no stage (except Brinstair) where the unlock-battle could take place :s From what I've seen the unlocking battles were always in the respective homestage (Ganondorf : Gerudo Valley, Ness: That fluff-pin stage, Lucina : Arena Ferox etc :< So unless pyrosphere is a secret stage.. D: )

How do you guys know all this?
There are guys streaming the full game, like twitch.tv/gema_yue and /yushako

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
D*mn, why did i left Russia...i could watch it with you right now...Is there anything else that could help Ridley that was shown in the stream?
Well... I have one fear regarding Ridley: There is no stage (except Brinstair) where the unlock-battle could take place :s From what I've seen the unlocking battles were always in the respective homestage (Ganondorf : Gerudo Valley, Ness: That fluff-pin stage, Lucina : Arena Ferox etc :< So unless pyrosphere is a secret stage.. D:)
Or there is secret Norfair stage unlockable on 3DS version. It did appeared in Zero Mission.

Anyway, its been an honor to join you on this fun ride straight to Hell. I would like our destination more if Ridley would be playable. Lets see how this trip will end.

Last edited:

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
guys in the moment we see at last one character that was NOT shown yet. we could have already won so just look out for mew2 and dixiekong that could bring something. i hope

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
How do you guys know all this?
From this stream;

http://www.twitch.tv/gema_yue

Well... I have one fear regarding Ridley: There is no stage (except Brinstair) where the unlock-battle could take place :s From what I've seen the unlocking battles were always in the respective homestage (Ganondorf : Gerudo Valley, Ness: That fluff-pin stage, Lucina : Arena Ferox etc :< So unless pyrosphere is a secret stage.. D: )
DHD was unlocked on a stage that wasn't where he was from. As previous Smash Bros titles, some characters don't have "true" home stages. So Ridley could appear on any stage he wants, it doesn't really matter.

Last edited:
Top Bottom