• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

D

Deleted member

Oh dearie me. Shokio now only wants Ridley in if he isn't resized. According to him, Ridley needs to be Giga Bowser size in order to not be "misrepresented".

Gotta make oneself right one way or another I suppose. He'll definitely have something to complain about if Ridley does make it in.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Oh dearie me. Shokio now only wants Ridley in if he isn't resized. According to him, Ridley needs to be Giga Bowser size in order to not be "misrepresented".

Gotta make oneself right one way or another I suppose. He'll definitely have something to complain about if Ridley does make it in.
Love the fact he commented on that video with the 'Ridley grabbed Pikachu' thing saying it means nothing and that people don't notice that if Ridley grabbed Pikachu that Ridley is tiny compared to him.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord

Funnily enough, I actually think he should be smaller in the Metroid series.
I think I've already told this once, but I'll do it again. A few days ago I managed to get a semi-lucid dream. Or maybe not lucid at all, I don't know, dreams are weird. Either way, I kind of created a Ridley bossfight, one that would fit in a 3D Metroid game. It was pretty cool, he was all over the place, and he mainly attacked with his tail (at least, that is all that I can remember him doing). But this made me realize something: perhaps it was a poor choice to make Ridley so big in the Prime games.

If he had been smaller, the boss fight could possibly have been significantly different, perhaps not even reliant on a stupid weakspot that requires Ridley to stop moving and open himself up to attacks. He could be fast, less restricted by his size and the map geometry, he could be as vicious and merciless as he should be depicted.

Intimidation doesn't always come from the fact that something is bigger than you. That is Kraid's job. Ridley's job is to be nigh-unavoidable, almost unfair but still beatable. He will probably beat you within an inch of your life, and if you are good enough you will get to survive the ordeal. That's what a Ridley battle should be.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Other m's ridley is a ideal choice since he is smallest version of ridley in 3d metroid game
Actually he is as big as SSBB Ridley and SSBB Meta Ridley. Nearly exactly same.
Makes sense to me. It looked a little too detailed I thought
For HD model? Looked fine.
He's just trying to get under our skin ignore him
I think he just wants to...um...jinx...don't know how to call it...that event.
What if Charizard has a Ridley alt and Ridley has a Charizard alt.
That would be cool because then we could have that:
Why does everyone think we will know Ridley's fate in 5 days? Pyrosphere isn't even on the 3DS version. We'll know when the Wii U version comes out.
I think because we're expecting someone to unlock everything in 1 day by playing a lot of 1-stock-one-hit-kill matches to unlock every character. Or that Sakurai will reveal Ridley that appears only on WiiU version before 3DS' release.
If Ridley is confirmed to be a crappy stage hazard.....then Sakurai is just down right sadistic. XD
"Stupid and incompetent" is closer to what he is if Ridley IS a bad stage hazard. If you make Ridley a boss instead of a playable character, then at least make him a GOOD boss, like he is. All of the bosses we know are true to their original battles (or at least very close), so, if he is a slow boss that does nothing in at least 11 seconds, then Sakurai is really incompetent.
Subspace Emissary 2.0
More like Melee Adventure Mode 2.0. He said that there won't be things like this this time because peoples uploaded cutscenes on youtube...not a very good reason of course. But whatever, that thing took a lot of space for wrong reasons.
Replace ROB with Dark Pit and it will be perfect.
He better reveal stage builder for WiiU version. Heck, I'd take that and black/white Samus over Ridley.
TRAITOR! And if you are fine if there is no Ridley because there is black/white Samus, then you are TRAITOR TRAITOR!
Ridley will get deconfirmed because he is just TOO BIG. He would not fit on the 3DS systems. Nintendo would need to create a 3DS XXXL just for him to dashdance.
That won't be enough. There must be Nintendo WiiU XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX*coughcoughcough*XXXXXXXXXXL, but he will at least be able to wavedash.
I still want Ridleys trailer be like this: [insert character name here] fights something HUGE. Then you see its Ridley and all are like "oh man, he's just too big, told you guys..." when suddenly the sound plays that happens when you loose the mushroom effect and Ridley shrinks to playable size. Splashscreen. Sakurai : :troll:
OR just Sakurai trollface for 3 minutes, then 5 seconds of Ridley gameplay.
If you genuinely believe that (Kid Icarus is 6.25% of the roster) then I honestly don't think Ridley or K. Rool would save that for you.

That's exactly my problem here, people are so desperate to get one or two characters in that they'll completely write off the other 96% of the roster if they don't get the few they want.
Maybe because not EVERYONE likes what we have? Maybe Brawl was enough for them and the only thing that can make SSB4 must-have for them is playable X (Ridley in our case)? I, for example, think that newcommers are great with few exceptions (clones obviously and HELL YES, they take away developers' time and you can't deny it), but everyone i wanted except for Ridley are already in Brawl and Project M, so, i don't need this game if there is no Ridley. Not that it is a bad game.
You can swap the heads out, people don't seem to realise how good tekken tag 2's character customization options are. You can save 10 'alts' that you make.
That's awesome. Too bad i don't have console for it or the game itself.
Sorry if you were just joking or something but

The PotD with Samus and Meta Knight alone was a clear tease. Why give Samus a introduction (Hi I'm Samus, a bounty hounter blah blah) but not Meta Knight? It's because the wording causes the sentence to emphasis the name Meta Knight. Similarly, the introduction Samus gives would make one think that the character that is introduced afterwards is related to Samus (as the PotD is introducing a pair), and would also give an introduction. But no, instead they just say "And I'm Meta Knight!" and stops right there.

Why would he pair up MK with Samus other than to allude to Ridley? (Yes you can also say that that Mii picture was just to tease MK being in the game but he's a veteran and was anyone really doubting if he'd come back or not? Also I do not believe it is unrealistic to think that someone -- who is able to direct one of the best and most popular game series ever -- can come up with a PotD that teases/foreshadows more than one character at a time.)

And then Nintendo EU posted a picture of Meta Knight on Pyrosphere shortly after.

I don't think it's a coincidence.
It is. Even if it isn't, this is still considered to be strawgrasping. Like Pac Man clouds, Mewtw- oh wait its Greninja, Ridley rock and tree/branch, etc.
Also the fact we have too many Mario characters now. When SSB4 was announced I did not expect any new Mario characters. Mario already had four of the biggest names in his series and I thought that was good enough. I wanted Sakurai to focus on other franchises. (Specifically Donkey Kong and Metroid)
Mario is a very old and successful franchise, so, it should be expected. Its not like it is Kid Icarus, which got so much content after 1 single game Sakurai made because of obvious Sakurai bias that existed in Brawl, but wasn't as bad and Kirby deserved that more than KI. I still agree that he should have focused on underrepresented (and ALIVE) franchises like Metroid and DK. This is really bad especially when such things as KI, franchise with barely any games that only recently got revived after ~20 years of being forgotten and dead, get so much representation while DK and Metroid don't.

Menus, menus everywhere :011:
MENUS

MENUS EVERYWHERE

Last edited:

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
In shrine to this coming week, I have changed my avatar.

Also, here, have a fitting tweet by anonymous on twitter. Seems to fit the vibe around here perfectly.

Last edited:

Notshauna

Smash Cadet

See Ridley suffers from the disease as most fictional flying lizards do, it's called Inconsistentinous Sizeous and it causes him to jump between massive to human sized.

silver_blade001

Smash Apprentice
Guys I know you may not care that much, but I was playing Mafia in StarCraft 2 the other day. (For anyone who doesn't know it is a custom game in which you choose a name and are given a random role, and you are to try to complete that character's role). So anyway I decided to have my name as Ridley for one game, and I was given the best role for him ever. I was given the role of being the Mass Murderer, if that isn't luck then I don't know what is.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
I am confident we would see Ridley soon...until then, here's some Ridley comic
(Ridley comic)
Why people tend to freak out so much with Sonic games?

Complain? At least that's what Im going to do. If I can find someone who is good with japanese I may as well just tweet Sakurai himself because wasting time with NoA is not going to do much.
I think that a better option would be proposing, supporting nd doing stuff instead of complaining. if we go with salty tears and butthurt to whine, nobody is going to take it seriously.

He is obviously trolling...

Uhm no, Neo Zero posted the exact opposite just yesterday. You might have misunderstood something. It IS NOT FINAL. Now, please move on.
did I miss some conclusive evidence that the leaked roster isn't final? please tell, i don't want it to be final either. but so far saying that the all star lock is the only conclusive evidence, is way optimistic (I mean if you act like it was obvious and 100% confirmed it wasn't, i guess is becasue you have solid evidence behind, and not speculation right?)

(The locked icon on allstar on the video doesn't count as solid evidence because its a VIDEO, in other words, a montage of various takes that were edited to make them viewable, in other words, those different takes don't need to be consistent regarding unlocked stuff with each other, the same way that various takes on the same movie scene don't need to have been shot during the same day.)

So if you have solid evidence beyond speculation,i really want to see it (i'm not being ironic, I DO want that leaked roster to NOT be final). (If is something that have been posted before on the thread send me a pm)

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
did I miss some conclusive evidence that the leaked roster isn't final? please tell, i don't want it to be final either. but so far saying that the all star lock is the only conclusive evidence, is way optimistic (I mean if you act like it was obvious and 100% confirmed it wasn't, i guess is becasue you have solid evidence behind, and not speculation right?)

(The locked icon on allstar on the video doesn't count as solid evidence because its a VIDEO, in other words, a montage of various takes that were edited to make them viewable, in other words, those different takes don't need to be consistent regarding unlocked stuff with each other, the same way that various takes on the same movie scene don't need to have been shot during the same day.)

So if you have solid evidence beyond speculation,i really want to see it (i'm not being ironic, I DO want that leaked roster to NOT be final). (If is something that have been posted before on the thread send me a pm)
Don't worry man, there are like 5 spots left on that roster for characters. Ridley should only take up 3 or 4 of them. As long as there's only 1 spot for Mii fighters, he's in guaranteed.

TheNin10doUltra

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nin10doUltra
3DS FC
0259-0299-7386
Man, this guy is crazier than I remembered. So, apparently ridley can't be shrunken down, but he can be sized up.(Ridley being Giga bowser size would probably be his biggest incarnation.) And apparently he thinks we want him to be 4 feet tall....

Why does anyone take this guy seriously?(I couldn't even watch the full video, I had to skip to the part where he talks about Ridley because he was annoying me to death.) Still there's much worse detractors I've seen on youtube....*cough*Nin10doUltra*cough*
Hi there, I'm Ridley Feeling it. worst than shokio? lmao nope.

Last edited:

Notshauna

Smash Cadet

It's because the 3DS version only has one save file so it's logical to assume that given that the leaks are from the same source and at the same approximate time the leaker didn't unlock anymore characters after taking the shot of the menu (and the ESRB demo likely didn't even have character unlocking).

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
For every post you mention the leak and the old all-star lock image, Ridley burns a village to the ground.

Last edited:

kisamehoshi34

Smash Apprentice
Uhm no, Neo Zero posted the exact opposite just yesterday. You might have misunderstood something. It IS NOT FINAL. Now, please move on.
that what I understand from him ,is thing like mewtwo ridley leak and the story for +5 character is not truth or supposition not 100% sure.

anyway we gonna know the full roster in 2-3 day since compay always get game and stuff 1 week befor release to be rdy for release and that even if japan is strict they still someone that will manage to get the game befor released 110% sure(because are made to be go against it :) ) so we probably gonna know ridley fate in 2-3 day

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
You guys seen this?

"SmashBrosJP: ( Friday) from 19:00 12 days [Notice ] September , released just before a live program of Smash Bros. 3DS at Nico live broadcast will be broadcast .
If you are interested , please have a look . # Smash Bros. 3DS_WiiU http://t.co/RrUuSv8MMi"

Thats a rough translation.

The apocalypse is coming probably. (The missing 1-5 is probably going to get reveal either at this or before then.)

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
You guys seen this?

"SmashBrosJP: ( Friday) from 19:00 12 days [Notice ] September , released just before a live program of Smash Bros. 3DS at Nico live broadcast will be broadcast .
If you are interested , please have a look . # Smash Bros. 3DS_WiiU http://t.co/RrUuSv8MMi"

The apocalypse is coming probably. (The missing 1-5 is probably going to get reveal either at this or before then.)
"Saturday, September 13 as the release just before live broadcast of
Nintendo 3DS software " Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS "
will be introduced in one fell swoop of the information. On the day, the people of the editors of the Nintendo game magazine with invited guest, while playing the game actually, of the attention the new fighter from, the portable game machine unique new mode up, has been recorded in this work the number of play will commentary as long as you allow the broadcast time."

It... May be happening.

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG
will be introduced in one fell swoop of the information. On the day, the people of the editors of the Nintendo game magazine with invited guest, while playing the game actually, of the attention the new fighter from, the portable game machine unique new mode up, has been recorded in this work the number of play will commentary as long as you allow the broadcast time."

It... May be happening.
This may be Ridley's last chance. If not now, then I don't think it'll be ever.

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman

It... May be happening.
I'm a little excited but unless they announce some kind of video to be shown to the US as well it may not have anything to do with Ridley. I mean, would they reveal Ridley without making a big deal about it to the western audience? Unless this direct is going to show off the final five. Hm, that's close to when the embargo is supposed to be over for that PAX roundtable. It's certainly something to keep an eye on.

Sorry to interrupt guys. But I have to clarify size argument (some mentioned that Sakurai afraid re-size might misrepresent Ridley). Remember that Pit is only a drawn doodle Cupid in Kid Icarus? And how does he went from a doodle art to a tennager in kid Icraus 3 (not to mention Pit's design was brought up by brawl)? Guys, do not just accept whatever developers.

You guys seen this?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

It... May be happening.
YAY!...

...or "Oh no!" if it is not Ridley. Either way, it is interesting. Source?

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord

It... May be happening.
Oh google translate. You never cease to amuse me with your...accidents.
Either way, yay! More stuff on friday! Possibly Ridley don't get your hopes up!

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404

It... May be happening.
Doesn't mean much with this happening at launch day. By that point some regular Joe will already be spilling the beans (or earlier since street date breaks always happen).

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Alright, google translate seems to have botched it up. Here is what it said according to a redditor:

Reddit dude said:
Translation

On this day, journalists from a Nintendo magazine will be invited as guests to play the game, with special attention given to the new characters and the new 3DS exclusive mode. For as long as time allows, the many types of play included in the game will be explained.
So, no guaranteed character trailer or a new character at all. Like I said, keep those hopes down.

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
This may be the last chance of Ridley, but like people have said numerous times, Ridley isn't as important to the Japanese audience as he is to the Western, having him on a Japanese only live stream may seem too out of place, and I don't see this being any different. But saying that if we do get to see everything we may get to see all the remaining fighters including Ridley (if he is one), though they could avoid showing certain/all remaining hidden characters. I Personally think we have a better chance of him being a PoTD alongside a video before that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hi there, I'm Ridley Feeling it. worst than shokio? lmao nope.
I really don't care what you think. Most arguments with you just go in a circle.(And I really don't want this thread locked right now.)

You guys seen this?

If you are interested , please have a look . # Smash Bros. 3DS_WiiUhttp://t.co/RrUuSv8MMi"

Too bad that if they're revealing something, it's probably going to be bowser jr or the duck hunt dog.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
As far as the Nico Video thing goes, how do we know they won't simply be going over the newcomers and modes that we already know about, but in video form? Sure, we'll know about the entire roster shortly after that, but I'm keeping my expectations low as far as that's concerned.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Frankly, if Ridley will be a locked character (it's 100% confirmed he isn't on the starting roster) and be revealed with a video anyways, expect it to be post japan release. if I was nintendo marketing chief, i would put the video friday 19th, hoping that if it got revealed before it will be mostly on questionable quality and not in a exhaustive way, and would help build hype for the western release.

Gold_Jacobson

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't be expecting any more character reveals before launch.

Brawl had 4 unnanounced newcomers. :toonlink::wolf::rob::lucario:

Smash 4 right now only has 2-4 (depending if you count dr. Mario new and dark pit unnanounced. ). I think they are keeping at least 4-5 secret for the "new challenger approaching" nostalgia.... For japan players at least.

D

Deleted member

Wow i screwed up my post there lmao. @Megalon72 Don't assume I'm going to argue. Opinions do change over time.
You're right, I apologize. It's just that you didn't give me a good impression the last few times we talked.(Which were months ago.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Crainy

Smash Apprentice
Do I need to remind you that there are still leaked characters that havent been announced yet? My guess is all of those will be announced before Ridley, or not at all.

Edit: Actually, now that I think about it, that may not be true, because it would probably make more sense to have a character like Duck Hunt Dog be a secret one and have a fan favorite like Ridley get an announcement to boost sales.

Last edited:
Top Bottom