• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Ike the Killer

Smash Cadet
Skip the leak guys, just focus on this:

+

That simple xD. Just a few days longer, 5 bullets in the Zebesian Roulette. Hang in there space pirates

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Ok, I'm gonna list my honest-100%-no bullcrap opinions on Ridley, good, bad, and ugly.
-I think Ridley will be one of the 5 remaining characters
-I would put Ridley at about 80% of being playable
-I think this game is Ridley's last chance, if Ridley's not playable, Ridley will probably never be playable until Sakurai steps down from the series
-I'm more concerned about Ridley being too floaty rather than being too slow
-Ridley being a boss wouldn't surprise me that much, but I'd still be pretty disappointed
-Part of me wants Ridley to be in just to see the internet explode
-Roidley's design never bothered me
-I wouldn't mind Meta Ridley as a final smash, I always thought transformation final smashes were easily the best ones
-I don't think DLC is an option for Ridley, either he's in the game's initial roster or he's a boss
-Ridley passed Mewtwo as my most wanted unannounced newcomer
-I joined Smashboards just to post in this thread

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
You and me both, buddy.
Actually, I think a lot of frequent posters joined smash boards just for this thread alone, that alone is a pretty big accomplishment from this thread. And that's why I love it.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
All right, stop. There's too much off topic talk going on here. Anything that isn't directly Ridley needs to go to pm or their respective thread. Reports will happen if people bring anymore off-topic discussion.

Zynux

Smash Lord
-I think this game is Ridley's last chance, if Ridley's not playable, Ridley will probably never be playable until Sakurai steps down from the series
-I don't think DLC is an option for Ridley, either he's in the game's initial roster or he's a boss
I agree with all of these. Ridley may not get another chance.

My first post was here as well. VGBC kept advertising Smashboards, so I was like "why the hell not?", browsed around, saw the Ridley thread and was like "hell yes."

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ok, I'm gonna list my honest-100%-no bullcrap opinions on Ridley, good, bad, and ugly.
-Ridley being a boss wouldn't surprise me that much, but I'd still be pretty disappointed
-I wouldn't mind Meta Ridley as a final smash, I always thought transformation final smashes were easily the best ones
I completely agree with this.

Comet FireClaw

Smash Cadet
Hello fellow space pirates, we have least then 6 day left before the game and eventaully the roster are made full to us,
were stilling going to get POTD still for the WiiU verison and maybe some videos. we arecoming upon a important day soon

weather we get Ridely(or mewtwo) as a character stage boss or even an Assist Trophy, lets not forget the amazing time we had as space pirate searching scouring the Net for Info on are favorite purple Leader.i jiond this thread in late march for the conversasion and get a good persective on where ridely stood in the smash fandom. in doing so i have learnd how passionate fans can be

there so little time left and we been on a emotional rollercoaster ^_^.. lets fire up the eniges one more time fellow Space pirates and Run This Hype Train STRAIGHT INTO THE SUN

Last edited:

CannaFizz

Smash Apprentice
I'm not someone who's super-attached to Ridley in general, but I'm rooting for him really hard. I don't think there's been a Smash Bros fighter who has ever generated this much discussion or hype. Look at the amount of pages this thread has reached, and then look at everything else. Yeah.

Plus, I think you guys have been through enough, haha. So here's hoping.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
I'm not someone who's super-attached to Ridley in general, but I'm rooting for him really hard. I don't think there's been a Smash Bros fighter who has ever generated this much discussion or hype. Look at the amount of pages this thread has reached, and then look at everything else. Yeah.

Plus, I think you guys have been through enough, haha. So here's hoping.
Thanks man. I think all this time waiting (13 years for some of us!) is going to pay off real soon. And it will the greatest smash celebration ever.

Waluigi is too big

Smash Journeyman
NNID
waluigi44
Everything here also applies to me, especially that last one.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
Alright guys, going to bed now, got school tomorrow. But everyone be brave, because the next five Pics of the days will be crucial to our commander's chances, so stay sharp, and remember: The pay off is coming soon!

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
^u^ I agree with everything...but with one exception that is about Roidley, the design bothered me at the very beginning when it first was shown in 2009....it was in this year when I started to grow soft to Roidley....I find him lovely now.

22A571_0DABF65BC17E0_000.gif

Ridley: "ARE YOU SERIOUS?!"

Roidley: "Wheeee! she loves me!"

Even if it isn't my silly version of Roidley, I like him. Not as much as the Original one and his other forms of course...

Last edited:

•Col•

Smash Champion
If nothing else, at least the Ridley discussion kept plenty of people (both pro-Ridley and anti-Ridley) entertained/distracted while waiting for the release of Smash 4.

It would make for a much better story if Ridley ended up being in, though.

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
^u^ I agree with everything...but with one exception that is about Roidley, the design bothered me at the very beginning when it first was shown in 2009....it was this year when I started to grow soft to Roidley....I find him lovely now.

View attachment 24374

Even if it isn't my silly version of Roidley, I like him now. Not as much as the Original one and his other forms of course...
Been a while since we've seen Rids and Roids :O Keep em coming! :142:

Saint Johns

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HyperSlash
If nothing else, at least the Ridley discussion kept plenty of people (both pro-Ridley and anti-Ridley) entertained/distracted while waiting for the release of Smash 4.

What do you mean "if" Ridley got in??

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
^u^ I agree with everything...but with one exception that is about Roidley, the design bothered me at the very beginning when it first was shown in 2009....it was in this year when I started to grow soft to Roidley....I find him lovely now.

View attachment 24374

Even if it isn't my silly version of Roidley, I like him. Not as much as the Original one and his other forms of course...
Andrea's Roidley is best Roidley.

MysticKnives

Smash Ace

For Ridley fans, let's hope this ends up with the same ending as Dodgeball, where in terms of videogames, the Ridley fans truly are the true underdogs here. Anything could happen at this point, and although I may be neutral, I would like to see the many Ridley fans be happy for their character becoming playable. They've waited so long, it almost feels like a part of their soul would be destroyed if he didn't make it in.

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
Man oh man. No character spurs speculation and discussion like Ridley. It's been an honor folks but we're on the home stretch, hype is high, and maybe 13 years will finally pay off.

I only joined this site for Ridley, everything else is a side dish, but of course once Ridley is revealed playable or boss then I will spontaneously combust. Thank you for the sometimes bumpy ride, so glad to here about the 100% confirmation of the roster not being final.

CamZilla94

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5086-2929-3596
Switch FC
SW 2709 2387 5005
What a long strange trip it's been.

Shaboba

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1760-9183-5135
Emotional Ridley time! D:

Seriously though, joined just to take part in this crazy roller coaster ride. Really, REALLY hoping he's playable... the home stretch is upon us.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
If he is in, the haters/detractor reactions will be glorious!
I want him in so bad to see the "I was wrong" shokio video. Oh yes, it will be funny as hell.

Zango

Smash Apprentice
With BitF coming to an end soon, clearly starting our own "Ridley in the Smash" comic starring Ridley and the cast of Smash 4 is the best way to continue supporting Ridley once the game launches.

domriver

Smash Lord
Well my fellow Ridley supporters this is the home stretch only 5 POTD's left. Hopefully we get our Ridley soon. I want Sakurai to reveal it. I really don't want some people from Japan spilling the beans first!.

RIDLEY RIDLEY RIDLEY!! :happysheep::bluejump:

Flossy

Smash Cadet
I really just want this to be over. Honestly, Ridley speculation is truely Mr. Sakurai's wild ride, and my overall stress level has definitely gone up since I started being a supporter due to the intense anticipation.

Shaboba

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1760-9183-5135
I have a feeling I'll be listening to various versions and remixes of Ridley's theme until this is all over once and for all. Sigh... -plays Super Metroid-

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
If he is in, the haters/detractor reactions will be glorious!
I want him in so bad to see the "I was wrong" shokio video. Oh yes, it will be funny as hell.
I personally can't wait to see all of the replies in the "Official Ridley 'I Was Wrong' Thread" :troll:

Ridles the Space Pirate

Smash Journeyman
If we are all getting emotional right now, I might as well say my piece.

I joined this community to (mainly) show my support for Ridley's inclusion, though I have found much more.
I have been a part of many game communities, but none has made me feel more of a part of it than the smash community. Regardless of whether Ridley is in or not, I hope to remain an active member of this great nation community.
Space Pirates, Kremlings, Ylissian Soldiers, Mushroom Kingdomians, Spiral Mountaineers, Hylians, and Smashers of all kinds, thank you all.
Love,
Ridles The Space Pirate

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
I await the inevitable "I secretly wanted him the entire time" from detractors.

Yeah, don't give me that crap.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
You know....I'm so grateful to this thread and all the people in it. If it wasn't for it, I wouldn't have come up with my best concepts with Ridley that are:

The most adorable/funny/abusive brotherly love/hate relationship ( the Ridley and Roidley interactions.)

The fanciest Ridley alive (Catrin Ridley.)

The BEST Ridley ship (Ridley and Rosalina -Ridsalina.)

And the others like my Ridley coasters, Assassin Ridley (that helped me to develop a bit more my concept with Rayman and the Assassins) and the costumes for Rids and stuff....I wish I could remember what else I have done with him....

Top Bottom