• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
You know... time's been flying by so quick, I totally forgot that we haven't seen anything about Pryosphere, or Ridley's shadow, until now. Such a long period of time to go without talking about it. My only worry is that worst will come to worst, and we'll be left in the dark when SSB3DS comes out since Pryosphere is a Wii U exclusive stage (assuming the leaked roster is the final roster). Then I'll start to worry.

But for now, just a week left... I'm personally waiting till hackers get their hands on the game and bust it open to see what's inside, like they did with Pokemon X & Y.
It's crazy, isn't it? We'll know soon enough, though. Since the entire roster is on the 3DS version, as soon as they have it, we'll know Ridley's fate at least. It just feels anti-climactic to me for Sakurai but a mysterious vibe on Ridley's role, just to have us figure it out by process of elimination.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
So if someone says "hi" and not "hello" it makes something fake....nice logic there, i will stay with other details that might really disconfirm it, but not this "reason". Also, many pictures of the leaks we have seen already are cropped in different ways, so i'm not gonna disconfirm it for that reason either. Also.... This person only shared the picture for us .....why should he explain everything you need to know? not every leak so far has gave us enough reasons to believe the leaks 100%. It's not a different situation this time.
No, but it being your alt account is rather good evidence.

Please avoid from making fake leaks in public in the future.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I'm surprised on how it looks! Can someone Google this image for me?
No related images found except for CSS leak with Bowser. It is either new, something we never saw or that statue edited to look a bit different.
Doesn't Ridley's neck seem too .... thick?
Roidley.
It is not that thick actually. It is pretty thin. Just fine to be Ridley.

Oh. Thanks. Now we can go back to talking about better things. Anyway, how did you made it, Dyguren?

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859

Thank you based mod, puttin' it to rest.

xD Hey look guys, part of the reason I'm so hype on Ridley is because if he's in, Mewtwo's bound to be in. xD
I could never be mad at someone for being hyped, especially this close to release. Just stay the skeptic!

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465

Well, I don't think anyone has discovered anything to disprove this leak yet....
So, we can't call it fake. ^^ Not trying to create false hype, I'm just saying that this is the best "fake" I've seen yet and I really want sincere proof against it before I write it off completely...

Edit: Its also a good idea to create a new account to keep anonymous. He might not want to get in trouble. xD

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Well, I don't think anyone has discovered anything to disprove this leak yet....
So, we can't call it fake. ^^ Not trying to create false hype, I'm just saying that this is the best "fake" I've seen yet and I really want sincere proof against it...
Hows that Ridley trailer in the Bayonetta direct going btw?

I think Ridley is in myself, but he won't look like that, nice looking photoshop or not.

Zynux

Smash Lord

You have my eternal gratitude.

I'll buy you cake.

Ridley fans pls. It was probably a Ridley pic from Pixiv rofl

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Hows that Ridley trailer in the Bayonetta direct going btw?

I think Ridley is in myself, but he won't look like that, nice looking photoshop or not.
;~; That was a rather depressing time....bah, that's done and over with. I was wrong to post that stuff....
But I actually dig this look. o.o

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
If photoshop is magic, then we can start doubting again about Dr. Mario
Keep in mind, and this might not apply to everyone here, but the only thing that "convinced" me that the leak had merit, was the video of Bowser Jr. and Shulk gameplay. Without that, the leak would still be questionable to this day. (Excluding things that Sakurai himself also proved to be true, the All-Star pic) Everything else could be fake, since no video evidence ever shown up for the other characters. Am I saying the Dr.Mario and the others are not in the game? No, I believe they most likely are. But that doesn't mean a image showing comfirmed characters with unannounced characters make the unannounced character legit too. So there's really no way to prove it's fake or not, until video evidence supports the Ridley leak, or Sakurai confirms Ridley himself, which I rather believe Sakurai before anyone else.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Keep in mind, and this might not apply to everyone here, but the only thing that "convinced" me that the leak had merit, was the video of Bowser Jr. and Shulk gameplay. Without that, the leak would still be questionable to this day. (Excluding things that Sakurai himself also proved to be true, the All-Star pic) Everything else could be fake, since no video evidence ever shown up for the other characters. And I saying the Dr.Mario and the others are not in the game? No, I believe they most likely are. But that doesn't mean a image showing comfirmed characters with unannounced characters make the unannounced character legit too. So there's really no way to prove it's fake or not, until video evidence supports the leak, or Sakurai confirms Ridley himself, which I rather believe Sakurai before anyone else.
Dude, he's the guy that posted the leak on an alt account. He knows its source, he's just inciting debate, the smarmy ****.

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
@ Dyguren Dyguren

We'll imagine that didn't occur....
Back to important matters.... What do we expect in the PotD's this week, ladies and germs? Anything big and purple?

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
@ Dyguren Dyguren

Back to important matters.... What do we expect in the PotD's this week, ladies and germs? Anything big and purple?
What I fully expect?

Day 1: Useless crap.
Day 2: Item/Stage Info
Day 3: Some kind of hint to something.
Day 4: UI stuff.
Day 5: Bowser Jr. Reveal
Day 6: Game gets released, Ridley.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I highly doubt we'll get any last minute newcomer reveals in this last week, especially with what most people are speculating is the starting roster revealed (everyone but lucina)

However, I wouldn't be surprised if we started getting characters a lot more frequently after next week. Sakurai won't be as tight lipped knowing that the info is all over the web anyways.

@ Dyguren Dyguren

Not gonna lie, that was pretty awesome attempt. Mind sharing the story on how you made it?
Step 1: That Ridley model posted 2 pages back
Step 2: That roster leak pic posted 2 pages back
Step 3: Photoshop skills (not bad, and I gotta say I love the choice of model)
Step 4: Use other account to try to convince people it's real, not realizing that mods can view IP stuff real easy.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
xD Hey look guys, part of the reason I'm so hype on Ridley is because if he's in, Mewtwo's bound to be in. xD
And this is why false hype is not allowed here. False hype is what got this place locked... twice. This is why people here are trying to bring the hype talk about the leak down so it doesn't go so off topic, the thread gets closed for good.

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
@ Dyguren Dyguren

each day will involve purple related things, followed bu dragon like creatures shown off in a very big position, then friday shows ridleys shadow and then midnight revealed ridleys trailer

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
Guys, I'm a friend of the ESRB guy you all know (the one that gave you previously the leaked screens about the character roster with Duck hunt dog, Dark pit, Dr. Mario, etc.). For obvious reasons he won't do it himself (he already got in trouble for leaking all that stuff in the end…), so he sent me this picture for you all, I hope you enjoy it. This is the last one you will get, so don't ask about anything more please. Peace.
Like I agree his render feels off compared to the others but at the same time it doesn't feel like it's outside of the screen or the image it's also looks like a good model of Ridley. However, as usual, I will still be taking with a grain of salt

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito

I have pleased the lord.
Also, when do we expect the whole roster to be leaked? I'm betting on September 10th.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Like I agree his render feels off compared to the others but at the same time it doesn't feel like it's outside of the screen or the image it's also looks like a good model of Ridley. However, as usual, I will still be taking with a grain of salt
Mod already confirmed someone here posted it on an alt account, dw. debunked in 2 pages flat.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
each day will involve purple related things, followed bu dragon like creatures shown off in a very big position, then friday shows ridleys shadow and then midnight revealed ridleys trailer
We should dub next week "The week of purple". Sakurai will show us purple stuff up until he shows Ridley's shadow again, then he posts his reveal trailer. I mean...Somethings gotta happen within the next week right? It's the last week of PoTD's before the game is out in Japan, and odds of the game getting out early in some places is probably high.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Someone on 4chan said that there's a voice actor for Ridley on the 3DS version. There was some list they were throwing around, but I'm not sure how legitimate it was. Anyone know anything about that?

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Someone on 4chan said that there's a voice actor for Ridley on the 3DS version. There was some list they were throwing around, but I'm not sure how legitimate it was. Anyone know anything about that?
Sounds sketchy to me, but I don't think I've heard of it. If it's the IMDB thing, then it's definitely fake, as that can be edited by anyone.

?????????????

Smash Master
You need a voice actor for monstrous roars?

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Yeah, apparently the Imdb page for SSB4 had Ridley listed and voiced for the 3ds version. If it is true, he's playable, as there isn't any Pyrosphere on the 3ds version. I take it with a grain of salt, as anyone can edit Imdb.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
@ Dyguren Dyguren

It probably be better for Ridley if he doesn't appear in a PotD, at least before he gets announced in a trailer first. Being in a PotD before being confirmed will 9 out of 10 mean deconfirmed for Ridley.

Zynux

Smash Lord
http://eddy-shinjuku.deviantart.com/art/METROID-Cosmic-Duet-382808746

Maaaaaybe the leak based on this one, but heavily modified? Possible, methinks.

Yeah, based off the IMDB. Most likely not legitimate since IMDB can be edited by anybody.

Also, Ridley most likely does not need a voice actor, regardless of role.

It seems that the last PoTDs will be all 3DS pics, so I doubt it. Unless he unexpectedly reveals Ridley and 3DS Pyrosphere at the same time one night...

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
This is the last night we'll go to bed without a PotD in the morning and also not know Ridley's fate. Chilling.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
It is fake or at least not worth your time. It said that David Sobolov (yes) will be Ridley's voice and it was on a page that EVERYONE can edit. Even guests i think.

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
This is the last night we'll go to bed without a PotD in the morning and also not know Ridley's fate. Chilling.
That's...kinda horrifying to be honest. Hopefully we don't get any PoTD's involving Ridley. I don't understand why some people want him to be in one. That's a BAD thing!

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859

nope, this

That's...kinda horrifying to be honest. Hopefully we don't get any PoTD's involving Ridley. I don't understand why some people want him to be in one. That's a BAD thing!
Yep, imo there definitely won't be any new character reveals before launch day.

But if Ridley is a boss, they're saving him for a Wii U exclusive PotD after the 3DS version has launched, so I'm not worried about him being deconfirmed this week either.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465

Yeah, based off the IMDB. Most likely not legitimate since IMDB can be editted by anybody.

Also, Ridley most likely does not need a voice actor, regardless of role.

It seems that the last PoTDs will be all 3DS pics, so I doubt it. unless he unexpectedly reveals Ridley and 3DS Pyrosphere at the same time one night...
xD That would require a lot of editing to be what the leak provided....
BUT- the art style is similar. Anybody else care to look into this?

Meta_Ridley

Smash Journeyman
What I fully expect?

Day 1: Useless crap.
Day 2: Item/Stage Info
Day 3: Some kind of hint to something.
Day 4: UI stuff.
Day 5: Bowser Jr. Reveal
Day 6: Game gets released, Ridley.
I wouldn't even expect Bowser Jr. With Brawl, Sakurai revealed all of the starting characters (plus 3rd party stuff) before the game came out. After Brawl came out, he revealed characters according to the number of VS Matches required to unlock them (so, Ness, Marth, Luigi, ...Jigglypuff, Toon Link, Wolf). We got their reveal trailers through gradual leaks of Subspace. Once we do start getting unlocked character trailers on the site, it seems Ridley will be towards the end.

Lucina's likely a special case to get people used to more full-on clones.

Btw, @ Dyguren Dyguren no hard feelings, dude. I hope I didn't come off as bashing your picture too much, it really was cool and I'd be stoked if Ridley looked like that. I was really annoyed with everyone freaking out about another "leak", sorry if it seemed like I was attacking you :(

Last edited:
Top Bottom