• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I would love it if Ridley's reveal trailer Samus monologues about Ridley.

She could monologue it as if she's reading a "Logbook entry" from Metroid Prime.

It could go like this...
Samus Aran said:
Throughout the galaxy, the Galactic Federation are constantly at war the dreaded Space Pirates. The Space Pirates ravage the galaxy in a made conquest for power. Where they go, bad things happen.

They are led by a highly intelligent being of a very dark and brutal nature.

This being has an enormous wing-span which it utilizes for a full range of flight and attacks that gives it considerable mobility.

It additionally possesses a long, whip-like tail that it whips out and enemies and sometimes uses to sweep enemies off their feet.

It has the ability to emit fireballs of gas and flamethrowers from its elongated beak.

Often it tortures its' victims by picking them up and crushing them with its' razor-sharp talons.

All these abilities plus its very fast movements, incredible strength, ferocious offensive ability, and genius mind make it the most deadly foe known to the Galactic Federation.

This being is referred to by the Galactic Federation as "Geoform 187", although I know him simply by his desired code-named...

..."Ridley".

As the culprit behind the murder of my parents, the connections between you and me runs deep..

...which is why I must destroy him.

Ridley...

...your arrival on this battlefield presents me the perfect opportunity to defeat you once and for all!

Your eternal defeat shall be my greatest accomplishment!!!

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master

She could monologue it as if she's reading a "Logbook entry" from Metroid Prime.

It could go like this...
Maybe it could be a text on screen monologue like Fusion or Zero Mission. Don't quite trust the voice acting.

D

Deleted member

It could go like this...
And then she gets promptly squashed like an insect and ground to dust by Ridley (PRAISED BE HIS NAME) himself. Oh that would be one hell of a reveal trailer, IMO. :awesome:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
I'm guessing Bandana Dee... Oh lord. What if the Dee Supporters start blaming Ridley for getting in over him? Their relationship will be like Mewtwo x Lucario/Greninja; the idiots will believe they can't co-exist in the same game! D:
Nah, I doubt that's gonna happen.

@Chandelure would be beyond pissed, though. :awesome:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

It could go like this...
That's great. My only question is that why does Samus refer to Ridley as an "it"? She obviously knows that he's not a mindless monster and that he is quite capable of speech, if you take the official manga into consideration.

SaurusHam

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1521-3410-9184

It could go like this...
I think just a text scroll would suit it better, builds up the hype until ridley's gameplay montage plays better, at least, I feel it does.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
That's great. My only question is that why does Samus refer to Ridley as an "it"? She obviously knows that he's not a mindless monster and that he is quite capable of speech, if you take the official manga into consideration.
Well, given he's the reason she was orphaned and such, she might not want to accept the reality of him being an intelligent life form and pictures him as a mindless monster to help cope with it. Or she just plain doesn't care what she calls him given his reputation and link to her past. That, or its just a mistake. I doubt Nintendo would go that far with the first option i put. XD

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It could go like this...
You forgot the part at the end when she is picked up by a giant hand and gets thrown into the Pyrosphere's lava by Ridley :awesome:

Dracandros

Smash Cadet
@ Johnknight1 Johnknight1 - That was awesome. No matter how they do it, that would be a great way to set the stage.

I was thinking along the lines of having a few villains doing battle with their respective heroes - like Fox and Wolf having a big space battle, or Mewtwo and Charizard and/or Lucario all going into their Mega forms and doing battle...all followed up with Samus and Ridley doing their thing and throwing everything they've got at each other for a minute...

Eh, I think it would be best for me to keep those kind of thoughts to myself for a few more days though and just leave it at that for now. :(

I really do want to wake up tomorrow and have him tease something else or show off a new stage or show nothing of importance at all. Go tease Shulk or something.

Well I don't think I'm allowed to talk about it but things are looking bad for Ridley. Whether or not the rumor is true (I hope not) it may be time to be worried. Hopefully it isn't true ( I really wish I knew if I could talk about it)

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Well I don't think I'm allowed to talk about it but things are looking bad for Ridley. Whether or not the rumor is true (I hope not) it may be time to be worried. Hopefully it isn't true ( I really wish I knew if I could talk about it)
The question mark is honestly suspicious, playtesters dont get the full view.

Lanog20

Smash Apprentice
There is space for 5 more characters on the CSS so maybe Ridley and some other awesome newcomers? Maybe... :c

glaqux

Smash Cadet
I you guys think that's the real deal? Because if it is
(Starts crying in a dark corner)

We still have a chance. Clones are in the wrong spot, 5 character smash that clip off screen and no mii fighters. It's straw grasping but we have a tiny chance

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
To try and get back on topic (sort of) what do you guys think Ridley's trailer title would be, because there has been enough discussion of trailers. For example how Greninja's is Challenger from the Shadows, Palutena's is Goddess of Light, etc. Personally, I have no idea, that's why I'm asking you guys!
Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U: An enemy from Samus' past... :troll:

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
From Neogaf's Ryce said:
Just as I thought. It's definitely fake.

The faker was obviously using the E3 select screen as his reference, so he had to improvise the icons for the remaining characters. Unfortunately, he didn't realize that certain characters were briefly shown in the 3DS trailer from the Nintendo Digital Event -- Dedede's icon has a red background (not yellow) and Greninja has a teal/green background (not blue).

Also, that character layout is just nonsensical
Ignore and keep doing our Ridley stuff.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

>crushing disappointment
Something about it just screams fake to me.

Like it's not just the disappointment of not seeing Ridley and King K. Rool, it's that...I think I've seen some of the renders before.

KirbyOnly

Smash Rookie
Even if this is a real leak, it is most likely only starters. This menu is reminiscent of melee's menu, before everything is unlocked.

Also, it doesn't follow the general trends of already revealed menus, and for a high profile, AAA game, that is unacceptable. I'm calling fake.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Something about it just screams fake to me.

Like it's not just the disappointment of not seeing Ridley and King K. Rool, it's that...I think I've seen some of the renders before.
Check the leaks group, none of the renders match with previous known renders. Plus, there are more pictures there. There is no way it is fake :/

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I agree, I think its fake, but even if it IS real the layout implies there are more unlockable characters.

EDIT: And what about the character icons? At E3 the 3DS game had names below all of the characters, that's not the case in this version? What?

Last edited:

UltimateWario

Smash Master
There are several pictures, guys. All of them showing different menus, with brand-new art for Doc and Duck Hunt Dog.

It's over.

Last edited:

SaurusHam

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1521-3410-9184
I find a couple of the character placements to be a little suspicion, I'm not ready to believe this. Especially with doctor mario and dark pit getting their own slots.

Top Bottom