• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Oh come on, lets not start with dumb denial. The thing has 1% of being fake at most. Lets hope those aren't ALL the characters. They can't be.

UpsilonFox

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FLYINGDAVEno2
3DS FC
1134-7457-1617
Check the leaks group, none of the renders match with previous known renders. Plus, there are more pictures there. There is no way it is fake :/
It keeps giving me an error when I try to check any thread in the leaks group, has it changed to a members only thing?

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

>crushing disappointment
I'm not digging that layout, it looks bad. If there is 48 character slots + 1 random slot which equals 49 spaces, they could have made it 7x7 to make it even. Unless of course, those aren't ALL the characters as I can count 5 more spaces to fill it up as it is. Overall, I just don't believe this is real. (I will never believe Duck Hunt Dog will EVER get in Smash until Sakurai states so. Which I hope he doesn't :()

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
Check Shulk's. It is even better:

Ok then, believe what you want. I will be in the leaks group rooting for Ridley~
How about the fact that the ESRB doesnt actually play the games they review?

UpsilonFox

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FLYINGDAVEno2
3DS FC
1134-7457-1617
I find a couple of the character placements to be a little suspicion, I'm not ready to believe this. Especially with doctor mario and dark pit getting their own slots.
They are probably like Lucina, alt costumes that had slightly different movesets than the original, so at some point in development got promoted to their own CSS slot to accommodate the slightly different movesets.

SolarKirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolarKirby
Fret not my friends, some characters are grouped wrong!!! Even if this is real indeed, there still may be secret characters left! Ridley and Mewtwo could both have that 24 hours of VS. Time or something along those lines.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm in agreement with that. If this layout IS legit, I'd say there's 5 characters we don't know about. 49 spaces in this lineup is weird.

The fakeness is not the quality. They are clearly fantasticly done. The only possible fakeness is a few oddities that can give hope but it is time to de-hype and settle down poor Ridley and hope for unlockable secret

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Check Shulk's. It is even better:

Ok then, believe what you want. I will be in the leaks group rooting for Ridley~

^people can make good fake leaks.
I'm indifferent on this leak though, if fake, very well made.

glaqux

Smash Cadet
I don't know why if that's true that dark pit is his own character I considered more of an alt.

hotcrumpets

Smash Journeyman
Oh come on, lets not start with dumb denial. The thing has 1% of being fake at most. Lets hope those aren't ALL the characters. They can't be.
Just like Gematsu, right? There are a lot of errors, game and watch's arm clips through Wario's portait, the fact that the background colors for Dedede and Greninja don't match what we have been shown is also pretty incriminating, plus the layout is weird and character picks like Dr.Mario, Duck Hunt Dog, and Dar pit, and Dr. Mario's picture has already been used.http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120723000239/fantendo/images/0/09/Dr_Mario_by_DohIMissed.png
Its probably fake, people are just blowing it out of proportion.

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
There are several pictures, guys. All of them showing different menus, with brand-new art for Doc and Duck Hunt Dog.

It's over.
Do you need to make us so salty about it? It ain't over until the fat lady sings; the fat lady being Sakurai...or us trying to unlock the full roster ourselves once the game comes out.

But yes, let us do all the fallin'; let it be our own fault if we really were hyping up for nothing.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

>crushing disappointment
I can say two things;
1) That's 99% Real
2) ALL CHARACTERS HAVE NOT BEEN UNLOCKED YET. Not only are Mii Fighters missing, but there's lots of space left at the bottom two rows for 6 more characters (1 to round out the top row, 5 for the bottom row) so we don't know if they have everyone yet.
But yeah, that leak. I think we have us some legitimate leakage over here.
. . . :bee:
DOCTOR MARIO CONFIRMED! *RAVE PARTY*

SaurusHam

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1521-3410-9184
They are probably like Lucina, alt costumes that had slightly different movesets than the original, so at some point in development got promoted to their own CSS slot to accommodate the slightly different movesets.
I immediately thought of that as soon as I posted this and then came to the realization that the odd placement of the characters were maybe attributed to them being late inclusions, but whatever, if this is real then I have the hefty burden lifted from me knowing jigglypuff is back.

SolarKirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolarKirby
I'm in agreement with that. If this layout IS legit, I'd say there's 5 characters we don't know about. 49 spaces in this lineup is weird.
Plus, some people in the general rumor thread have found many faults with it. The renders for the characters look nice but there's a chance that someone just had too much free time on their hands and worked on this as a prank.

Looking at the CSS, it looks like there are more characters left. The guy put a "?" on Mewtwo, which could mean that he didn't unlock all the characters yet. However, the only problem with that is how else he would know that all those characters are cut...

Last edited:

hotcrumpets

Smash Journeyman
Just like Gematsu, Right? Too much errors, Game and watch's arm clips through warios portrait, Dr. Mario's picture has already been used before, http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120723000239/fantendo/images/0/09/Dr_Mario_by_DohIMissed.png
plus this which I got from the post above
just as I thought. It's definitely fake.

The faker was obviously using the E3 select screen as his reference, so he had to improvise the icons for the remaining characters. Unfortunately, he didn't realize that certain characters were briefly shown in the 3DS trailer from the Nintendo Digital Event -- Dedede's icon has a red background (not yellow) and Greninja has a teal/green background (not blue).

Also, that character layout is just nonsensical

Its probably fake people, stop worrying about it.

hotcrumpets

Smash Journeyman
Just like Gematsu, Right? Too much errors, Game and watch's arm clips through warios portrait, Dr. Mario's picture has already been used before, http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120723000239/fantendo/images/0/09/Dr_Mario_by_DohIMissed.png
plus this which I got from the post above
just as I thought. It's definitely fake.

The faker was obviously using the E3 select screen as his reference, so he had to improvise the icons for the remaining characters. Unfortunately, he didn't realize that certain characters were briefly shown in the 3DS trailer from the Nintendo Digital Event -- Dedede's icon has a red background (not yellow) and Greninja has a teal/green background (not blue).

Also, that character layout is just nonsensical

Its probably fake people, stop worrying about it.
Also The Palutena leak was fake and that was a completely original model, its not impossible.

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
How the hell is an ESRB employee going to get his hands on a game when they dont actually play the games themselves when doing ratings?

PerfectChaos9

Smash Cadet
Let's just calm down here. Like others have said, even if this is real, this is not the full roster. Characters are grouped oddly and there's easily space for a few more. Anyway, with that said, I did find this post on NeoGAF involving the ESRB name:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=126193493&postcount=16289

If I were you guys, I'd just calm down and not panic :p At least wait for the dust to settle a bit. This is likely one of those very few fakes with very impressive renders.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
So the Ninka link is real, huh?

Did it ever suggest or imply that Ridley was a playable character? Because IIRC, it never said he was a boss hazard.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Just like Gematsu, right? There are a lot of errors, game and watch's arm clips through Wario's portait, the fact that the background colors for Dedede and Greninja don't match what we have been shown is also pretty incriminating, plus the layout is weird and character picks like Dr.Mario, Duck Hunt Dog, and Dar pit, and Dr. Mario's picture has already been used.http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120723000239/fantendo/images/0/09/Dr_Mario_by_DohIMissed.png
Its probably fake, people are just blowing it out of proportion.
The Game and Watch thing is a nice note, but I don't think Game and Watch is clipping through the portrait, it looks more like the left side of Wario's outfit.

That said, the renders of the new characters do look amazing... As for the layout, if this is legit, there's no way its the final roster. If they had 48 characters, Sakurai would've made the rows 10 characters instead of 9. It'd fit better that way.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
The Game and Watch thing is a nice note, but I don't think Game and Watch is clipping through the portrait, it looks more like the left side of Wario's outfit.

That said, the renders of the new characters do look amazing... As for the layout, if this is legit, there's no way its the final roster. If they had 48 characters, Sakurai would've made the rows 10 characters instead of 9. It'd fit better that way.
I looked closer, and I can confirm that that "clipping" is in fact Wario's jacket, not Game & Watch. It's just the poor lighting that's fooling us.
...I guess this is it.
Ridley isn't in.
...We were wrong. *sniff*
1000 bloody pages...
For what?
NOTHING!
HAVE WE NO SANITY!?
WHAT WERE WE FIGHTING FOR THIS WHOLE TIME!?
But. THERE IS STILL HOPE!
He could just be not unlocked yet!
We're in the last Month, the home stretch! WE MUST PUSH ONWARD!

Last edited:

hotcrumpets

Smash Journeyman
Also one more thing about the leak, the human players have cpu levels lol, its fake, go home everyone.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325

>crushing disappointment

Am I the only one who noticed that the icons aren't plated with names?

30 seconds in, all icons are name-plated. Just an observation.

EDIT: Or, um, not 30 seconds. The video keeps starting at two minutes in for me. .-.

I don't think it's real

Last edited:

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
I can't remember who, but someone has already said we shouldn't believe any leaks; and I'm gonna do just that. Like I said a few posts above...

IT AIN'T OVER 'TILL SAKURAI SINGS!!

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Also one more thing about the leak, the human players have cpu levels lol, its fake, go home everyone.

I don't see "Player CPU Levels" anywhere. I see how many times they've KO'd (The Starx00 icon, I have played Brawl a few minutes ago) and the 3DS Users name.

Last edited:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
That's great. My only question is that why does Samus refer to Ridley as an "it"? She obviously knows that he's not a mindless monster and that he is quite capable of speech, if you take the official manga into consideration.
I used the word "it" to leave Ridley as an ambiguous monster. An object without a brain. Then, at the end, I build it up as a intelligent living being that Samus hates with a undying passion.

I imagine the trailer would show Ridley causing destruction without a clear shot of his whole body, but rather, just focus on the body parts mentioned or the attacks/movements mentioned.

AlexTLW

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlexTLW
3DS FC
0688-5455-7010
I'm not digging that layout, it looks bad. If there is 48 character slots + 1 random slot which equals 49 spaces, they could have made it 7x7 to make it even. Unless of course, those aren't ALL the characters as I can count 5 more spaces to fill it up as it is. Overall, I just don't believe this is real. (I will never believe Duck Hunt Dog will EVER get in Smash until Sakurai states so. Which I hope he doesn't :()
I am sure that layout is defiantly fake. That bowser jr icon is pulled right from the internet

Top Bottom