• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
View attachment 12872 He's the shadow for comparison to the above post. Note the angle of the tail/hands. Wings are also at a sight angle. Obviously. So his wingspan is actually LARGER than I've shown. Also, the other pikachu(the back one) is actually covering where the wing ends. "VERY" close to the middle of the stage.

The weird camera angle in the shadow image makes all this comparing hard and fairly meaningless though.

Again, this is ALL my opinion. I know I'm not going to persuade anyone, nor is that what I wish. Merely just observations to add to the discussion.

Just don't flame me too hard, please. D:
Hey, you're at least attempting to bring actual evidence to the table. More than many others would do. Anyone who attempts to flame based off this needs to be throttled. :)

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Warning Received
Well guys, that's it I suppose. Once again Sakurai passes out on the chance of including the biggest remaining Nintendo all-star, Ridley is once again not a playable character. So with all that in mind, here's a closure and farewell post from me:

I'm not even sure where to begin with this, yesterday's Direct was simply a big ****ing mess. The game looks fun, yes, but everything in the way of characters, except Yoshi and Sheik who look awesome, had me scratching my head or quite simply think of Sakurai as an idiot. This is going to stray a bit off-topic from Ridley for a little while, but I do want this to be about my general thoughts on the Direct too, since you won't be seeing me post very much anymore.

I'm probably one of the only people who let out a "Yes!" when Sakurai trolled by saying ZSS was cut, it's always just been Sakurai's poor excuse of saying that there are multiple Metroid reps, and I'm not buying it. Samus is still Samus for ****s sake, there is more to Metroid than her. But hey, whatever excuse he has to buff up her boobs even more I guess. She also has those weird boots now, which is simply nothing short of silly. I guess he also thinks that including 3 Metroid ATs makes for some fair representation, and while Dark Samus and Mother Brain are crazy cool ATs it just doesn't even things out. ATs aren't supposed to be used as an excuse to not include characters, especially not when many of us just turn them off.

Now Charizard himself looks ****ing amazing. I never really wanted to play Pokémon Trainer due to his odd mechanic, but his 3 Pokémon are the coolest ones in Smash, so it was a bit of a shame. Now Charizard is alone at least, buuuuuuuut with that said I don't believe Squirtle or Ivysaur can stand on their own legs on this roster as much as I'd like it, and with Greninja being added and Pokémon being up to 4 reps, there's already tense competition between Mewtwo and Jigglypuff. So yeah, Pokémon representation is all over the ****ing place now. Speaking of Greninja, holy **** Sakurai. Now I haven't been very vocal about my dislike for WFT and Rosalina, at most I've liked comments that are vocal about their dislike for them, but I don't like them. But Greninja, that's on a whole other level. Including Greninja would be like including Infernape back in Brawl, they're in exactly the same spot. The absolutely only reason Greninja is here is for Game Freak to throw in their promotional fodder for the anime, since Ash is obviously going to get a Greninja at some point. Greninja is not worthy of being in Smash Bros, and that's not something I've said about many characters before. Once Gen VI is over he'll sink down into the ground, just like every starter that doesn't originate from the Kanto region, and by that point he'll have been just as bad an inclusion as Jigglypuff was to begin with. Point is that Pokémon characters like that don't age well, they aren't timeless like Lucario, Charizard or Mewtwo. With this, I dislike half of the current newcomer inclusions, while I don't plan to play Villager or Little Mac despite them being deserving. It's really shaping up to be a piss-poor newcomer roster, especially compared to Brawl's godlike cast. Mind you I like Greninja okay as a Pokémon, he was my X & Y starter, but he's just not Smash material AT ALL. So when we take all this into consideration, and two timeless Pokémon like Ivysaur and Squirtle are most likely cut, it should be obvious that someone ****ed up here.

Oh yeah, and the 3DS version coming out before the Wii U version is just so stupid. I mean, rarely anybody will buy a Wii U for Smash now that they can not only get the same game on the 3DS which has an infinitely better library, but they can get it half a year earlier. The Wii U now has to rely on MK8 more than ever. I'll also be honest and say I kind of wish I'd have held off on buying one now until next christmas. But oh well, at least we're getting a summer release of some sort (until it's delayed of course.)

Now of course these are all miniscule things compared to the biggest let-down of the stream: Ridley is a stage hazard in Pyrosphere. I'm not going to desperately try and think Sakurai is simply trolling us, because he isn't, at least not anymore. Ridley was shown exclusively in the stage-boss section, in fact the whole section seems to have been dedicated just so Sakurai could slap us in the face. I'm 100% sure Sakurai thinks that Ridley being a stage hazard is going to get us all really excited. The whole way he has handled this whole Ridley thing has just left me with so little respect left for the man. I still respect Sakurai's work, but I do not respect him very much as an individual anymore outside of his willpower, harsh as that might be. He should know more than anyone how wanted Ridley is, and therefore shouldn't tease him for over half a year, only to have him revealed a stage hazard in such a half-***** manner. The guy even has the guts to still not even show him despite deconfirming him, almost as if he thinks he's making some sort of epic build-up to Ridley's great and surely appreciated role. No way man, you don't tease something like this for this long just to pull such a stupid stunt. I'd have respected him a bit more if he just outright burst the bubble early on, I even said that the first day Pyrosphere was announced. I usually find Sakurai's trolling funny, like despite wanting her gone I could still see the fun in his fake-out regarding ZSS, or how he almost made all Palutena fans' hearts stop simulatenously. But those are fun because the outcome of the jokes are good, and are revealed immediately after. You don't delay something like this 7 months just to give your fanbase a turd to the face, that's the surest way of killing hype, and I gotta say Mr. Sakurai, you sure did that well, this turd was all wet and ****.

I still can't understand what'd keep Ridley away either, so many fans have proven time and time again that Ridley can fit, and with Sakurai constantly saying that size problems are null it just doesn't make sense. Either Sakurai has a personal vendetta against Ridley's inclusion as a playable character, or he lacks the imagination to make him playable, and the latter wouldn't surprise me given his bad track-record concerning proper Metroid representation (lava stages anyone?) and blatantly having ripped off a DoA stage. I'm not going to think too much about it though, I don't want to delve into the mind of the guy who brought Greninja into Smash, that's just a lost cause. I guess Charizard will have to sate my Dragon needs, he was pretty ****ing badass in the trailer afterall.

I also want to note that there were an awful lot of deconfirmations in general in this Direct, it was actually kind of awful to see all these characters that many people wanted just get thrown away to the side.

But hey, at least the Kremlings are back, aye?

So yeah, I guess I'm coming to the closure of the post. Overall this Direct was a BIG hype killer for me. I've said this since Day 1 I returned to Smash speculation, and I'm going to keep it. With Ridley's deconfirmation, I no longer have any reason to participate in Smash 4 speculation. The only newcomer left that I care about making it in is K. Rool, but with the Gematsu leak having immensily strong back-up I've lost faith in him too. Even without the leak, K. Rool himself, as much as I like him, wouldn't be able to keep me participating. He's only been my 3rd most wanted character afterall, so it's tough for him to stand all on his own, and no way I'm dedicating much time to speculation just for my favorite veterans' sake. The only reason I've come here to begin with, the only reason I posted on here every day, and checked the Smash website every day, is because of Ridley, and without him I don't have any reason to be here until the game's release. I do want to note that the game still looks fun, I like many of the changes we saw in the Direct, it's just the roster, the only source of proper speculation, that's shaping up to be ****.

So with all that said, it's been my pleasure everybody. It's been fun though, and part of me wishes it hadn't already ended here in April, but on the other hand I'd rather get the news earliest possible too, instead of having the release of the game be overly bittersweet as was the case with Brawl. I'll stick to my opinion that the Ridley community has been the best place to be in both the Brawl and Smash 4 speculation periods, and I have no regrets having dedicated so many hours and days to the cause, even if it's all been for nothing in the end. So until release, see you all, and have fun.
I was banned so I couldn't comment on this, just wanting to point out that this is the most hilarious and ridiculous thing I've ever read on this board.
Thank you, you made me cry out of laughter. I especially LOVE the part where you say that Sakurai has no imagination. That part is ****ing brilliant.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I was banned so I couldn't comment on this, just wanting to point out that this is the most hilarious and ridiculous thing I've ever read on this board.
Thank you, you made me cry out of laughter. I especially LOVE the part where you say that Sakurai has no imagination. That part is ****ing brilliant.
LOL pathetic response.
So...why you was banned then? I have no idea...no, really, not joking or something like that, why?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Mostly because mods don't understand sarcasm at all. Why is it important?
It isn`t. Just wanted to know...and did any of those 2 post included sarcasm?

DO NOT WANT. At all. Maybe his helmet, freeze gun and plasma gun or as a pokemon summoned from pokeball...but nothing else...except for a trophy. That would be nice.

And my drawing that got delayed because i couldn`t get the pose right that has nearly nothing to do with Ridley 4 Smash discussion other than having Ridley/Roidley in it:
Remember someone said that Ridley was narcisistic? Well, i guess his clone is narcisistic too, so...

Roidley: "Who is THAT handsome devil?"
Ridley: *insert whatever you are thinking about that kind of responce from Roidley*
I will add Ridley to the updated version of the drawing unless AndreaAC will draw him before me...and for some reasons, more complex Roidley is easier to draw than a simple design of Ridley...i have no idea why.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
It isn`t. Just wanted to know...and did any of those 2 post included sarcasm?

DO NOT WANT. At all. Maybe his helmet, freeze gun and plasma gun or as a pokemon summoned from pokeball...but nothing else...except for a trophy. That would be nice.

And my drawing that got delayed because i couldn`t get the pose right that has nearly nothing to do with Ridley 4 Smash discussion other than having Ridley/Roidley in it:
Remember someone said that Ridley was narcisistic? Well, i guess his clone is narcisistic too, so...

Roidley: "Who is THAT handsome devil?"
Ridley: *insert whatever you are thinking about that kind of responce from Roidley*
I will add Ridley to the updated version of the drawing unless AndreaAC will draw him before me...and for some reasons, more complex Roidley is easier to draw than a simple design of Ridley...i have no idea why.
:3 you should draw Ridley....I'm forcing myself to draw in some way Oridley again....

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
It should be painfully obvious by know that the metroid newcomer will be Kraid:troll:
Nah, i think its Vorash or Phantoon. They appeared in Other M while Kraid didn`t. Too big? Well, im not playing like that! You are cheating!
:3 you should draw Ridley....I'm forcing myself to draw in some way Oridley again....
ok then...lets just hope it won`t end in a failure...

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Nah, i think its Vorash or Phantoon. They appeared in Other M while Kraid didn`t. Too big? Well, im not playing like that! You are cheating!

ok then...lets just hope it won`t end in a failure...
I actually legitimately think Vorash is the boss of Pyrosphere.

Assuming rising lava is a hazard, it's not unreasonable to assume Vorash will jump out of the lava attempting to eat fighters Balloon Fight-Giant-Fish-style every once in a while.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

Assuming rising lava is a hazard, it's not unreasonable to assume Vorash will jump out of the lava attempting to eat fighters Balloon Fight-Giant-Fish-style every once in a while.
And it would be even better if those magma/lava creatures would appear too. Or just Vorash jumping out without lava rising. Or that other creature that you must shoot in neck instead of vorash because its at least easier to hit.

Last edited:

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984

I think I figured it out guys....I really think I hit the nail on Sakurai's master plan!!!

Pic of Pyrosphere.

http://mii-gamer.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/super-smash-bros-for-wii-u-metroid-stage.jpg

Pic of Pyrosphere Final Destination.

http://www.cubed3.com/media/2014/April/smashonline3.jpg

Now I know its been brought up before that the Final Destination doesn't have the lava. Some people think that lava is the hazard.....I think not...I think its whats inside that lava. Pyrosphere is walled off so if lava is filling into it its absolutely gonna fill the stage. Now what boss comes out of lava in Other M? Yes the Vorash!

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100617194325/metroid/images/b/b0/Mom_lavaboss.jpg

Now im sure people will say "But the Vorash doesn't show up in Pyrosphere" WELL tell that to these 2 ladies!!! They never show up in Gerudo Valley!

http://www.justpushstart.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Super-Smash-Bros..jpg

You could also bring up "But why haven't we seen the Vorash yet?" Cause it would clearly give Ridley away more then he already is!

Don't you see Sakurai is trying in a sense to frame Ridley.....Bookmark this cuz I want all the kudos when im right.
This was my prediction awhile back actually.

Uhhh hurry up E3 I wanna see my playable Ridley.....The wait it hurts so much.....I'm 99% sure Ridley is in but even that 1% of doubt in my mind still gets to me.

http://www.e3countdown.com

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
This was my prediction awhile back actually.

Uhhh hurry up E3 I wanna see my playable Ridley.....The wait it hurts so much.....I'm 99% sure Ridley is in but even that 1% of doubt in my mind still gets to me.

http://www.e3countdown.com
Hmmm no nintendo part of it but hoping is morely a better term

Anyway I downloaded virtualdub so I need to get the shadow footage the. I can get pictures of momments like the jump or when pikachu escapes with no struggle and single frames for size estimates

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I believe the tail was put near the camera to look like it's twice Pikachu's size, Sakurai could have did this on purpose as it was shown here that if it was Pikachu's size, Ridley would be slightly bigger than Bowser(Sakurai's Mind Games: Season 2. Coming soon!)

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I believe the tail was put near the camera to look like it's twice Pikachu's size, Sakurai could have did this on purpose as it was shown here that if it was Pikachu's size, Ridley would be slightly bigger than Bowser(Sakurai's Mind Games: Season 2. Coming soon!)
Yea like charizard tail threw brawl as a matter fact ridley leaving could get a better comparison since his tip does get shown (not coming back as a matter fact a few momments before the screen fades is he jumping?)

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
Yea like charizard tail threw brawl as a matter fact ridley leaving could get a better comparison since his tip does get shown (not coming back as a matter fact a few momments before the screen fades is he jumping?)
Getting back to this... Not quite a screen cap, but here:

View attachment 12399

Slowed down the last couple dozen frames when Ridley achieves liftoff. The animation cuts off too early to know exactly what he's doing. Single/double jump? Recovery? Or if a boss, some sort of attack animation?
Yes look at the gif above he is indeed jumping. I think its his singal jump cuz he gains altitude without flapping his wings. The flap comes after he is already in the air.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Him ripping off of Ridley's role from another fighting game and never adding a Metroid stage not based around lava or rotation doesn't exactly create a brilliant resume of creativity for the guy, you know. @Wariofan1 only ever attacked his creativity in that regard, he didn't say Sakurai has none whatsoever.

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Him ripping off of Ridley's role from another fighting game and never adding a Metroid stage not based around lava or rotation doesn't exactly create a brilliant resume of creativity for the guy, you know. @Wariofan1 only ever attacked his creativity in that regard, he didn't say Sakurai has none whatsoever.
IMO, The only other franchise that probably is ideal for rising/falling lava stages is Mario Bros, though its current niche is scrolling/retro stages.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
IMO, The only other franchise that probably is ideal for rising/falling lava stages is Mario Bros, though its current niche is scrolling/retro stages.
He could also just not repeatedly add the same token stage archetypes ad naseum...we don't need a new massive stage, a new vertical scrolling stage, a new lava stage, a new horizontal scrolling stage, a new tour stage, etc. every Smash game. Why not experiment with new archetypes instead? Or build new ones around iconic locations from each series?

Same goes for retro/shock characters, but heaven help us if we don't get get the characters "we don't know we want" every bloody game.

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
He could also just not repeatedly add the same token stage archetypes ad naseum...we don't need a new massive stage, a new vertical scrolling stage, a new lava stage, a new horizontal scrolling stage, a new tour stage, etc. every Smash game. Why not experiment with new archetypes instead? Or build new ones around iconic locations from each series?

Same goes for retro/shock characters, but heaven help us if we don't get get the characters "we don't know we want" every bloody game.
"The Super Smash brothers series brings the greastest Nintendo characters together in one place" - Masahiro Sakurai

Sakurai: "Now heres Wii Fit Trainer and R.O.B......Sorry but Ridley and King K. Rool will not be making it again" [Sakurai Laughs]

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Oh come on, he said that Sakurai is an idiot because he didn't add his favorite character. The butthurt is simply majestic in that post.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master

Balloon Fight and Mario Galaxy look fun to play with, and even Pilotwings shakes it up by dropping the characters off the platforms rather than gently putting them down like the F-Zero Stages or Skyloft. 3D Land also blends sidescrolling with tours, and the tours themselves don't take place on a flat surface.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Well guys, that's it I suppose. Once again Sakurai passes out on the chance of including the biggest remaining Nintendo all-star, Ridley is once again not a playable character. So with all that in mind, here's a closure and farewell post from me:

I'm not even sure where to begin with this, yesterday's Direct was simply a big ****ing mess. The game looks fun, yes, but everything in the way of characters, except Yoshi and Sheik who look awesome, had me scratching my head or quite simply think of Sakurai as an idiot. This is going to stray a bit off-topic from Ridley for a little while, but I do want this to be about my general thoughts on the Direct too, since you won't be seeing me post very much anymore.

I'm probably one of the only people who let out a "Yes!" when Sakurai trolled by saying ZSS was cut, it's always just been Sakurai's poor excuse of saying that there are multiple Metroid reps, and I'm not buying it. Samus is still Samus for ****s sake, there is more to Metroid than her. But hey, whatever excuse he has to buff up her boobs even more I guess. She also has those weird boots now, which is simply nothing short of silly. I guess he also thinks that including 3 Metroid ATs makes for some fair representation, and while Dark Samus and Mother Brain are crazy cool ATs it just doesn't even things out. ATs aren't supposed to be used as an excuse to not include characters, especially not when many of us just turn them off.

Now Charizard himself looks ****ing amazing. I never really wanted to play Pokémon Trainer due to his odd mechanic, but his 3 Pokémon are the coolest ones in Smash, so it was a bit of a shame. Now Charizard is alone at least, buuuuuuuut with that said I don't believe Squirtle or Ivysaur can stand on their own legs on this roster as much as I'd like it, and with Greninja being added and Pokémon being up to 4 reps, there's already tense competition between Mewtwo and Jigglypuff. So yeah, Pokémon representation is all over the ****ing place now. Speaking of Greninja, holy **** Sakurai. Now I haven't been very vocal about my dislike for WFT and Rosalina, at most I've liked comments that are vocal about their dislike for them, but I don't like them. But Greninja, that's on a whole other level. Including Greninja would be like including Infernape back in Brawl, they're in exactly the same spot. The absolutely only reason Greninja is here is for Game Freak to throw in their promotional fodder for the anime, since Ash is obviously going to get a Greninja at some point. Greninja is not worthy of being in Smash Bros, and that's not something I've said about many characters before. Once Gen VI is over he'll sink down into the ground, just like every starter that doesn't originate from the Kanto region, and by that point he'll have been just as bad an inclusion as Jigglypuff was to begin with. Point is that Pokémon characters like that don't age well, they aren't timeless like Lucario, Charizard or Mewtwo. With this, I dislike half of the current newcomer inclusions, while I don't plan to play Villager or Little Mac despite them being deserving. It's really shaping up to be a piss-poor newcomer roster, especially compared to Brawl's godlike cast. Mind you I like Greninja okay as a Pokémon, he was my X & Y starter, but he's just not Smash material AT ALL. So when we take all this into consideration, and two timeless Pokémon like Ivysaur and Squirtle are most likely cut, it should be obvious that someone ****ed up here.

Oh yeah, and the 3DS version coming out before the Wii U version is just so stupid. I mean, rarely anybody will buy a Wii U for Smash now that they can not only get the same game on the 3DS which has an infinitely better library, but they can get it half a year earlier. The Wii U now has to rely on MK8 more than ever. I'll also be honest and say I kind of wish I'd have held off on buying one now until next christmas. But oh well, at least we're getting a summer release of some sort (until it's delayed of course.)

Now of course these are all miniscule things compared to the biggest let-down of the stream: Ridley is a stage hazard in Pyrosphere. I'm not going to desperately try and think Sakurai is simply trolling us, because he isn't, at least not anymore. Ridley was shown exclusively in the stage-boss section, in fact the whole section seems to have been dedicated just so Sakurai could slap us in the face. I'm 100% sure Sakurai thinks that Ridley being a stage hazard is going to get us all really excited. The whole way he has handled this whole Ridley thing has just left me with so little respect left for the man. I still respect Sakurai's work, but I do not respect him very much as an individual anymore outside of his willpower, harsh as that might be. He should know more than anyone how wanted Ridley is, and therefore shouldn't tease him for over half a year, only to have him revealed a stage hazard in such a half-***** manner. The guy even has the guts to still not even show him despite deconfirming him, almost as if he thinks he's making some sort of epic build-up to Ridley's great and surely appreciated role. No way man, you don't tease something like this for this long just to pull such a stupid stunt. I'd have respected him a bit more if he just outright burst the bubble early on, I even said that the first day Pyrosphere was announced. I usually find Sakurai's trolling funny, like despite wanting her gone I could still see the fun in his fake-out regarding ZSS, or how he almost made all Palutena fans' hearts stop simulatenously. But those are fun because the outcome of the jokes are good, and are revealed immediately after. You don't delay something like this 7 months just to give your fanbase a turd to the face, that's the surest way of killing hype, and I gotta say Mr. Sakurai, you sure did that well, this turd was all wet and ****.

I still can't understand what'd keep Ridley away either, so many fans have proven time and time again that Ridley can fit, and with Sakurai constantly saying that size problems are null it just doesn't make sense. Either Sakurai has a personal vendetta against Ridley's inclusion as a playable character, or he lacks the imagination to make him playable, and the latter wouldn't surprise me given his bad track-record concerning proper Metroid representation (lava stages anyone?) and blatantly having ripped off a DoA stage. I'm not going to think too much about it though, I don't want to delve into the mind of the guy who brought Greninja into Smash, that's just a lost cause. I guess Charizard will have to sate my Dragon needs, he was pretty ****ing badass in the trailer afterall.

I also want to note that there were an awful lot of deconfirmations in general in this Direct, it was actually kind of awful to see all these characters that many people wanted just get thrown away to the side.

But hey, at least the Kremlings are back, aye?

So yeah, I guess I'm coming to the closure of the post. Overall this Direct was a BIG hype killer for me. I've said this since Day 1 I returned to Smash speculation, and I'm going to keep it. With Ridley's deconfirmation, I no longer have any reason to participate in Smash 4 speculation. The only newcomer left that I care about making it in is K. Rool, but with the Gematsu leak having immensily strong back-up I've lost faith in him too. Even without the leak, K. Rool himself, as much as I like him, wouldn't be able to keep me participating. He's only been my 3rd most wanted character afterall, so it's tough for him to stand all on his own, and no way I'm dedicating much time to speculation just for my favorite veterans' sake. The only reason I've come here to begin with, the only reason I posted on here every day, and checked the Smash website every day, is because of Ridley, and without him I don't have any reason to be here until the game's release. I do want to note that the game still looks fun, I like many of the changes we saw in the Direct, it's just the roster, the only source of proper speculation, that's shaping up to be ****.

So with all that said, it's been my pleasure everybody. It's been fun though, and part of me wishes it hadn't already ended here in April, but on the other hand I'd rather get the news earliest possible too, instead of having the release of the game be overly bittersweet as was the case with Brawl. I'll stick to my opinion that the Ridley community has been the best place to be in both the Brawl and Smash 4 speculation periods, and I have no regrets having dedicated so many hours and days to the cause, even if it's all been for nothing in the end. So until release, see you all, and have fun.
Its for this reason that I think Ridley is playable from that Direct. If Sakurai took all this time hinting at him, it would be stupid to make him a stage hazard. If he was going to be a boss, then I think he would have been shown at the Direct. I don't want to think that Sakurai would be building up Ridley hype if he was just going to be a boss.

AndreaAC

"The Super Smash brothers series brings the greastest Nintendo characters together in one place" - Masahiro Sakurai

Sakurai: "Now heres Wii Fit Trainer and R.O.B......Sorry but Ridley and King K. Rool will not be making it again" [Sakurai Laughs]
If he DARES to say that....I'm gonna kill him....

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master

How dare you, ROB is the greatest of them all!

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Balloon Fight and Mario Galaxy look fun to play with, and even Pilotwings shakes it up by dropping the characters off the platforms rather than gently putting them down like the F-Zero Stages or Skyloft. 3D Land also blends sidescrolling with tours, and the tours themselves don't take place on a flat surface.
I don't mean to label all stages as generic rehashes, and some of your examples are what I'd like to see more of, but it is particularly bad with some series, namely Metroid. I'm also dissatisfied that we've yet to see a DK stage that's not a jungle (or a gimmicky unplayable mess), despite the diversity the series has to offer being arguably unrivaled among all Nintendo series.

Oh come on, he said that Sakurai is an idiot because he didn't add his favorite character. The butthurt is simply majestic in that post.
I took away from his post that he thinks Sakurai is an idiot for tauntingly dragging out Ridley's reveal, either out of ignorant expectation that we'll be happy with a ripped-off stage hazard or out of sheer spite, despite outright disconfirming every other non-playable character. He did say he'd at least be able to respect the decision if not for such poor handling of the character.

Last edited:

Cpt.

Smash Lord

Yeah really. Sakurai needs to actually show some all-stars in Smash 4 soon....

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
Does anyone have any ideas of what are those blue things in the pyrosphere? They weren't in other m nor dead or alive, I think those things are switches and when you switch then on either the lava rises similar to norfair

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731

This is the truth. I hate the mentality that the fans don't know what they want. It's true that there may be some niche characters people may not know they'd love, but that can only get you so far. Say what you will about characters like R.O.B or G&W, they may be cool niche additions but how many people actually jump to these characters firsthand.

Sakurai may be a creative and intelligent man, but like anyone else, he has his limits before he's bound to start recycling the same ideas. I think it's starting to become increasingly apparent that he's starting to reach the end of his well of resourcefulness for this kind of game. As much as I respect his work, I'll be ready for a new developer to take charge next smash iteration. Hopefully said theoretic entity has a better respect of Ridley as a character.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Metroid_Prime_3_Trilogy_Version_Walk-Through_Part_.gif

"....DAMN IT!....if Sakurai is so cruel to say that I'm not in....I'm going to explode in rage AGAIN!....."

and i have no freaking idea why my signature isn't showing....

Last edited:

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
I'm just so glad Namco is helping....If Namco can make characters like this (Not saying Ridley would be this big or play like this at all) then I'm sure they can make a workable Ridley model.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XMIjBLgX90

Does anyone have any ideas of what are those blue things in the pyrosphere? They weren't in other m nor dead or alive, I think those things are switches and when you switch then on either the lava rises similar to norfair
You mean the purple things under the stage? Yes those for sure are gonna do something. I said it before but Sakurai is hiding what this stage can actually do that way he doesn't give away Ridley as playable. (Which in my mind he already did long ago) The purple/blue things change there look from normal Pyroshere to FD one so there extremely suspicious.

http://i.imgur.com/GLyT8Im.png

AndreaAC

Maybe those things on the stage electrocutes the character or something...i mean, why they get "covered" with some purple/pink glow/something on the FD version?

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
I'm just so glad Namco is helping....If Namco can make characters like this (Not saying Ridley would be this big or play like this at all) then I'm sure they can make a workable Ridley model.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XMIjBLgX90
Namco being on board definitely did give me hope since they're experienced with making large non-human characters into fighters (Ogre comes to mind).

I could only hope Sakurai would actually take advantage of this.

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984

AndreaAC

Top Bottom