• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

CHUBUNATO

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CHUBUNATO
3DS FC
2277-6893-1304
To everybody freaking out over Shaya specifically saying the the thread/bomb drops on page 1914 or 1938

Did you really not understand the joke/reference these numbers meant? Or did everyone just flunk basic history?
LOLZ that totally went over for my head xD

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
The only mention I'd have of the 80s would be the HAIR STYLES.
I knew I should've made it obvious after every post that I've made about page count that isn't "stop talking about page count" has referred to the years of "our Lord".

Chernobyl is going to be scary. WE MUSTN'T LET IT GET TO 1986! Samus Aran has to stop the Space Soviets from ****ing up their health and safety protocols, BUT PRIPYAT-RIDLEY SEEMS TO BE WAITING AT THE CORE.

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I'll post my final thoughts on Ridley chances now because the leaks are bound to come soon and want to see if my final predictions are right.

As I've stated in the past and will continue to keep saying until the game releases:

Super Metriod version: Playable
Other M Version: Boss

Ridley will either have: Charizard semi-clone move set, Brawl boss inspired move set (Which could still be a charizard semi clone in theory), or a unique move set that I have not enough knowledge to make. I can make a charizard semi-clone move set though. I'm personally betting on Brawl boss inspired move set with a hint of charizard.

I really do hope you guys get Ridley. I would love to see you all happy from his inclusion. Then there's also the selfish reason of not wanting to see others complain about the roster. >.>

Ridley could very well be interesting. I'm sorry I didn't experience the long road to playable Ridley with you guys. I just wasn't that familiar with Metriod to feel like I would add to the conversation a whole bunch. All I've played so far was super metriod. While I suspected Ridley will be the super metriod version for the longest time, when I actually faced him...it didn't really give me that much to work off of. He was cool though.

Still, I want to see him Smash. I may not be a "true supporter," but even I can see a character who should get in.

Anyway, to playable Ridley. *Fingers crossed*

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
cant get enough of that awesome Ridley confirmed video. You should post it on youtube when the time is right
I tried too, but Viacom wanted to be a jerk and block Spongebob content.

Any ways guys, we are near the end. Just wanted to say that it's been a great ride, and I'm staying with this little family of Space Pirates to the very end. I've never doubted Ridley's inclusion, and you guys made sure I wouldn't. Friday will be the day all our waiting will pay off. And of course, this wouldn't be complete with out our favorite guy's theme:

And this time, we won't jinx it. He will be revealed very soon.

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
I actually feel sad to have joined so late, wish i could've joined sooner, but I'm with you guys all the way, we may find out the space dragon's fate soon! I'm really anxious and can't sleep at night, I'm so nervous right now hold me.

The suspense is killing me.
Don't worry! Back when I joined, I thought I was late. Around 600 posts later, I find myself staring that I am still here.

By the way, your signature icons are amazing! The lil Ridley and K. Rool are so cute!

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I tried too, but Viacom wanted to be a jerk and block Spongebob content.

Any ways guys, we are near the end. Just wanted to say that it's been a great ride, and I'm staying with this little family of Space Pirates to the very end. I've never doubted Ridley's inclusion, and you guys made sure I wouldn't. Friday will be the day all our waiting will pay off. And of course, this wouldn't be complete with out our favorite guy's theme:

And this time, we won't jinx it. He will be revealed very soon.
Should have used the evacuate sequence version.

Beanybunny

Smash Cadet
NNID
atombeany
3DS FC
2019-9824-4588
I'll just spare everyone a speech and instead show my appreciation for Ridley in art form. Kinda surprised I was able to finish it in time, but here's to our favorite killer space dragon having a well-deserved spot on the roster!

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Well, I might aswell get this off my chest before this thread closes its doors for the last time~

So now I've got these questions for you, and want you to answer them with all your seriousness; no jokes, no nothing. I want everyone to answer these.

• Has the speculation really been worth it?

• Will Ridley's inclusion be justified?

• What would the ratio be between people who will like him and hate him if he's confirmed?

• Was it unprofessional on Nintendo's part to not clear the confusion when they had the perfect opportunity to do so?

• EDIT: Do you think it would be worth showing your displeasure with Nintendo?

• Do you think him being a Wii U-exclusive stage boss is really worth complaining about?

• Should DLC be made if he's not playable after the false hype people have made of it?

• Would you forgive Sakurai for turning a blind eye towards the Ridley fanbase?

• Would you question your point of view if he isn't playable?

• What does Ridley represent in your eyes?

• Why do you want Ridley playable?

• Do you think your reason is fair/non-biased?

• EDIT: What do you think of the fans?

• EDIT: Do you wish for all character requests to be treated equally, and not be taken on face/personality value?

and lastly...

Does Smash truely deserve a playable Ridley after all these years? After fifteen years of desperation, redemption, and unfair prejudice from the detractors?
Now that I'm off work I got time to answer these.

1. It depends I guess. It's interesting that we have analyzed a lot of the stuff when it comes to patterns or teases. I'd say maybe.
2. Absolutely YES. No doubt about it.
3. It will probably 65-35 but overtime grow to 80-20
4. In a way, yes, they could have. But I think the team didn't want to spoil the surprise. If Ridley is indeed a boss, then they should have come clean back then.
5. Maybe, but not sure
6. Yeah
7. Hopefully yeah, but time will tell.
8. The man has a ton of dedication that he puts into his games. He has made Smash a brilliant masterpiece for these four installments. But that does not mean he is immune to criticism. He knows Ridley is a big-time Nintendo character and he should capitalize on the opportunity. I will question some of his decisions if he didn't include villains and iconic characters like K. Rool and Ridley.
9. Nope
10. Fierce, intelligent, determined are a few qualities that come to mind
11. I want Ridley playable in Smash because he is a major character in the Metroid series and he is Samus's archenemy. Mario has Bowser, Link has Ganondorf, DK has K. Rool (hopefully), and Samus has Ridley. Plus, the roster needs more villains. I'm not a Ridley fanboy, but he absolutely deserves a spot in Smash. Another point is that the detractors come up with horrible arguments such as the TOO BIG!!! stuff and other things that don't logically make sense. You guys definitely have the logic to dismantle those pointless things against Ridley.
12. Yeah
13. The Ridley fanbase (Space Pirates) is great. It made appreciate the Ridster even more.
14. Yes
15. Absolutely YES!!!

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
This sucks I have to work on Friday so I probably won't be able to catch any of the streams -_-

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859

Yep
• What would the ratio be between people who will like him and hate him if he's confirmed?
Yep
• Was it unprofessional on Nintendo's part to not clear the confusion when they had the perfect opportunity to do so?
Nep
Nep
• Do you think him being a Wii U-exclusive stage boss is really worth complaining about?
Only if not playable too
• Should DLC be made if he's not playable after the false hype people have made of it?
Nep
Yep
Nep
Life, Love
Purple Pirate Space Dragon. Also Metroid fanboy
Nep
A lot of you guys are pretty cool guys. Some of you guys jump down people's throats and take an unjustified persecuted standpoint.
• EDIT: Do you wish for all character requests to be treated equally, and not be taken on face/personality value?
I don't understand this question
and lastly...

Does Smash truely deserve a playable Ridley after all these years? After fifteen years of desperation, redemption, and unfair prejudice from the detractors?
It hasn't been 15 years for me but I think Ridley deserves it yeah

MrHomelessHobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Orangeporrige
Warning Received
I have a feeling that Sakarui is really biased, I mean we get 2 new Kid Icarus characters, a stripper pole taunt for one of them, has the majority of smash run enemies so far, a hell ton of items. And not even another DK or Metriod rep

also that stripper pole taunt is amazing thank you blessed samarui

Last edited by a moderator:

silver_blade001

Smash Apprentice
Man, I've been here since at least page 300; and all I have to say is, guys you are all awesome. I am really wanting him in and can't wait to see it all come to fruition. Needless to say I will miss all of you supporter guys, I hope that we can all meet again in the battlefield doing free-for-all matches playing as Ridley together some time. I guess since this might be one of my last posts I'll put back up an old picture I made of Ridley.

upload_2014-9-10_20-8-43.png

and not to forget this one either

upload_2014-9-10_20-10-37.png

So unless I feel like posting again, I'll see you all later my fellow Pirates.

LONG LIVE LORD RIDLEY!!!!

Last edited:

A Gentle Dandy

Smash Rookie
Since a lot of people seem to be doing the same, I thought I'd come out of the woodwork and say hello. I've been here for a month or so and it feels like I know a lot of you already... which admittedly is kinda creepy, seeing as how we haven't properly met. So hi! There we go, creepiness averted.

Special mentions to Phaazoid and Weeman for the many laughs, as well as one to IsmaR for being a combination of awesome and horrifying (which seems especially well-suited to the character this thread supports).

I love Metroid and I absolutely agree that it needs another rep. Best of luck to everyone here!

Oh, one more thing:
You guys had all this water laying around, so I drank it.
I drank all the water.

Tasers

Smash Cadet
when hes confirmed I am going to make viral videos that will hopefully destroy my reputation but i dont care i did it for Lord Ridley

Last edited:

NK1046

Smash Apprentice
I just want to say I believe that Ridley will be playable, i have supported him from April, and I feel like I want him in more than anybody, so now that this thread is almost over I just want to thank the Ridley supporting community for going through this wild ride of speculation. And now we wait for confirmation on Friday-Saturday. This will most likely be my last post on this thread until confirmation because I don't want to make this thread go dead too soon, so thank you all fellow Space Pirates

Chrollo.

fka president wario
The hype for Ridley has literally been messing with my sleeping schedule to the point when I'm always checking this site for updates on him. With that being said, I may have joined in this thread late but I sure as hell had some good times here. The jokes, the speculation, the art, all of that was amazing. A big shoutout to everyone who has posted art here and posted in here in general, you guys are awesome.

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Man, time is finally about up. It's been one heck of a roller coaster, but you guys made it a ride to remember.

For better or worse, here's to Ridley, the best dang Space Pirate in the universe.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
All these people praising the artists here, and they don't even mention me.

HMPH
RidleyArtist.png

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Okay time for my "thoughts on a workable-ish Ridley moveset"

Design thoughts
1. A predominance in the air that accentuates this boss-state that he has:
Issues: Aerial mobility, too many jumps, range; and ability to capitalise on his mistakes/etc
2. How does this character work/feel?
What does he do on the ground? What weaknesses are accentuated?
Slow moves on the ground with kill power?
"A character that would dominate in stamina but has weaknesses in traditional smash scenarios" (i.e. great damage output but likely has issues with kill set ups?).

What should he be able to do in the air?
A "float" that maintains itself while moving but dissipates when you aren't? (Avoid a scenario where Ridley can dominate a zone above someone's head in ways similar to Meta Knight down air camping in Brawl). Allows him to move in a single direction quickly, but would otherwise make him drop?

People keep bringing up Charizard or semi-charizard clone, but I feel as if Yoshi is actually a more realistic/similar design scheme. No specific recovery moves but is supplemented by other aerial features (perhaps having an armor on jumps) [although a dash Side-B would fit him well].

Thinking "Yoshi + Peach"

1. A float that cannot be stalled and continues to gain mobility as it's moving.
"I want to be able to move across the stage in a single stride": But he shouldn't be capable of having complete freedom to move anywhere/everywhere at hyper speeds and also having gdlk shield pressure.

2. Some form of armor on jumps. "Float forward" -> jump cancel as a form of aerial parry / power shield -> aerial/punish
Should he able to float multiple times in the air? maybe NOT
Something like second mid air jump being like Peach's, but the third actually giving a little bit of height.

3. Aerials.. Tail, Claws and Wings. How do you do it? I can already see a down air (that harsh drill that Ridley has in brawl boss battles).

4. Specials: An air grab? And a horizontal displacement (side-b)? with the new ground bounce mechanics, it being a weak spike could be cool?. He shouldn't have a shoryken up-b, but if he is aerial-god, should he have solid recovery specials too? What would he have if he doesn't?

5. Ground moves? Clunky ala Old Bowser? Could he have tilts that place him into the air (kinda like Megaman's up tilt?). What does he do on the ground? Tons of super armor BS?

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
So now I've got these questions for you, and want you to answer them with all your seriousness; no jokes, no nothing. I want everyone to answer these.
I'd say that's about right.

Absolutely!

It's gonna be nuts. At first, haters will lose their composure, but they'll eventually get used to the idea (specially if they only hated him for the sake of the meme)

If he's not in, then so much yes. Even if he ends up being playable, I think it was a bit too much to let the fanbase go nuts over it like that.

Well, everyone has he right of saying that he/she was not okay with them hyping something that wasn't really worth hyping up (let alone having it camouflaged as something that isn't). But there's really no need to bent in on everyone else.

Well, given how much of a downgrade of a role that is compared to his previous roles, I'd say yes. Though, again, it shouldn't be spread too much.

I'm not sure if there'll be DLC in the first place.

I would forgive him eventually, but by the time being I'd be dissapointed about how poorly he managed the whole situation.

Hmm... perhaps.

A freaking awesome iconic villain from an awesome series with an amazing character. One of the more cruel and well made villains in Nintendo's history.

Because of how much of a great villain he is, as mentioned before. Well, that and Metroid is kinda lacking in non Samus representation, so...

Yeah. Ridley, as iconic as he is, does have the potential of getting in.

Depends. There are some fans that are quite reasonable and insightful about the way they support him, but some are no worse than some detractors we see...

No. And honestly, I wished Ridley hadn't have gotten this treatment either.

and lastly...

Heck. Yes. So much yes.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So, this thread is about to close. And we're a mere two days or so until the whole roster is known. I'm not even entirely sure if we're getting more characters. But there's a chance. So might as well this last post. Or as a 2nd or 3rd last if possible.

I'm not sure if I could be called the best Ridley supporter or debater. I just liked the character and mostly left it at that. I wanted him to be playable because I'm a fan of the Metroid series. And I saw potential in him being fun to fight with. I wasn't really a big fan of all the more pointless debates. I did however, have some fun thinking up of possible Special Moves, Final Smashes, Throws, Flight Mechanics and Color Swaps for Ridley. This one of the first times, next to the Pre-E3 2013 Mega Man announcements, that I ever really got involved with the Smash Community. And I'm rather glad I did. It was cool seeing some of the more talented artist show there support too. I might have drawn something if I was more talented, but hey, I practice when I can.

Sure, some times certain people get a little crazy with their support. Or a little too emotional. But that's bound to happen on the internet for one dumb reason or another. And other times people would run certain topics to the ground.

Either way, I'm the type of dude to stay positive when I can. But I know that Ridley isn't a shoe-in, and Sakurai could have done all that teasing and hinting for a boss character. Which would be a bit disappointing. I still think he has a shot though. But this game looks so, so, so awesome on it's own, that I can look past a single character.

But to put a stop to the rambling, Here's to hoping Ridley's in the game, more than a boss or assist trophy. But as an actual playable character. And like I said before, expect the worst, and hope for the best.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
@ Shaya Shaya
I made a pretty cool moveset for Ridley a while back focusing on air dominance, if you look at the special moves it encompasses some of the stuff you're thinking about.

Ridley is a lanky, large dragon. This makes for an interesting weight/size class, being about as large as Bowser, but being much lighter. Now, this might seem a disadvantage, and it is. But it would be offset by the fact that Ridley would have much more aerial mobility than any other large character. This could be achieved through a floating mechanic, or multiple jumps like Dedede, while having Jiggly/Wario level of aerial movement. I personally like the latter, so lets go with that for this moveset. Lets say Ridley will have 3 jumps, and somewhere in between Wario and Jiggly's level of aerial movement.

Now, for standard attacks, Ridley has a lot of options. Ridley is known for attacking with his teeth, claws, and tail, and more. Ridley has a few signature movements, such as pogo stick bouncing on his tail, and shooting some fiery projectiles. For the sake of this moveset, I'm going to use Roidley (other M model), and have him stand like he does in this image

Here's another pic, for some perspective on his standing and crouching.

(thanks @Angelglory for that)

....and have him walk like this image below....

Here's a mockup of how I envision his standard moves. The general theme of this set is that Ridley isn't too great on the ground, but becomes scary in the air, with a special twist making him a unique fighter.

A (and tapping A)

Pressing A once would make Ridley swipe once with his right claw, out in front of him. Tapping it would have Ridley come out with another, slightly strong swipe with his other arm with a bit of hitstun. Doesn't come out too quickly, but has decent knockback for an A combo.

Forward tilt: Ridley whips his tail out, striking with it's spike in front of him. this attack has decent range, but a small hit box. It would knock the opponent back and up a bit. this doesn't sweet spot, and takes a bit to come out.

Up tilt: Ridley bends his arm over his head, swiping with his arm spikes. the hitbox would go from in front of him to over him in a quarter circle arch. It would knock the player up slightly, and could lead to aerial combos. It comes out somewhat faster, but doesn't have much range other than right next to him.
Down tilt: Ridley, already crouching, would reach one of his arms out and swipe low in front of him. This attack would be a little slower, but have decent reach. Good for edge guarding, if you can predict well. A decent poke.

Forward smash: Ridley snaps forward with his head, biting twice, for two separate but close together hits. This doesn't send you flying too far, but if you hit with both bites it can do fair damage. Only hitting with one of the two hits won't do as much. Comes out at a decent speed.

Up smash: Ridley flails his wings upward. Having large wings, this has a hit box on both sides of Ridley, as well as above him. This move is good for juggling, but doesn't have a large hi box, it isn't near the ground.

Down smash: Ridley coils his tail, then whips it around him on both sides of the ground around him. This would hit similarly to Samus's down smash, ironically. It would have multiple ways it could hit, v sometimes just sending people back a bit, but sometimes knocking people quite far with a low angle. A decent kill move, one of his better ground moves.

Dash attack: Ridley walks on all fours, so for a dash attack he takes a little jump, and swipes with his arms. Comes out slower, and easily punishable, but decent knock back if it hits, even a kill move at higher %.

Aerials

F air: Think Ganondorf's forward air, but with less knock back, and more emphasis on a claw strike than a punch. Same general hit box, but it comes out faster. Can be chained if you chase.

B air: Another tail whip with a sweet spot on the tail spike. Has about the same hit box size as other sweet spot moves, about center to Ridley's character, but to the left. Is a decent kill move on the sweet spot, crappy without.

N air: Ridley spins around quickly with his wings extended, making himself larger and a hitbox for a few seconds. The first time it is used in the air it allows Ridley to hover a bit longer, and the second time much less, then nothing after that.

U air: Ridley chomps upward, dealing fair damage and knock back. Knocks opponent upward, good for juggling.

D air: Ridley kicks downward with both his feet, a strong spike, akin to Ganondorf's down air.

Now to the special moves.
This is where Ridley's air superiority really shines.

Neutral B - Plasma Breath.
I'm pulling an old school move for this one.

So I'm drawing some inspiration from Greninja's water shruiken here. This attack is a chargeable projectile. Without charging, it fires a single ball of plasma. These act similar to Greninja's shurikens in that they travel through players, drag and damage them a bit on the way. They aren't that large, being about the size of Mario's fireballs. They fire in a straight path, and travel until off screen. You can angle them diagonally, too, either up or down at a 45 degree angle. They can be fired from the air, and angled from the air as well, so you can rain plasma downward onto the stage (at 45 degrees) Now, firing one of these has a small bit of startup time, but it is chargeable. The longer you charge it, the more you get, with 3 being the max. You can store the charge, and finish charging later. When you have more than 1 stored, they fire out much faster than if you just fired two shots in succession, and you can angle them individually if you have good enough reflexes. These are Ridley's only projectile, and help out his ranged game a bit.

Up B: Tail Spring/Fly
Since Ridley is an aerial combat oriented fighter, some of his special moves have different effects on the ground than in the air. His up special is one of those moves.

From the ground(Tail Spring): Ridley coils his tail below him, and shoots upwards fairly quickly, about as high as Megaman/Sonic's springs. Has a hitbox that knocks characters away and slightly up from him on the initial frames. This comes out fairly quickly, and is a good OoS option. It does not leave Ridley in a helpless stage, HOWEVER if you use this move to go into the air (rather than a jump) you cannot use it's secondary effect from the air.

From the air(Fly): Gives Ridley two extra jumps, the first being a bit better than his normal jumps, the second being a bit worse than his normal jumps. If you used Up B from the ground, you cannot use these two jumps. These serve to give Ridley a lot of extra aerial mobility.

Down B: Tail Whip/Pogo Tail
Another move with two uses.

From the ground(Tail Whip): In a motion with a longer start up animation, Ridley whips his tail around him, ending it by impaling his spike in the ground a bit in front of him. If he is standing next to an edge, he'll spike players that he hits very strongly (including if they are hanging on the ledge). This move has a lot of startup and end lag, and is very punishable. It does however have a lot of knock back if it lands, and has a large hit box around Ridley as the tail is coming down (which isn't as powerful) and a smaller hit box where the spike lands (very powerful). The spike hit is a strong kill move.

From the air(Pogo Tail): Taking another page from an older Ridley

Ridley extends his tail below him, spike facing downwards, and attempts to impale players. If you hit the ground, not only do you bounce back upward about a jump's length high (and continue the move), you also reset all of your jumps and up special. You will continue bouncing across the stage until you hit a wall (creating considerable end lag), jump out of it (still some transition lag), or get hit out of it. If you hit a player, you will still travel downward toward the stage, making this move not a wise choice over a pit unless you have quick reflexes. Enemies that you hit with the spike of your tail will take decent damage, and take considerable knock back. This is a strong kill move. The spike specifically has huge priority, but most of the rest of Ridley is vunerable during this attack, and there is some lag before you can transition to an aerial. However, it gives you a lot of mobility to traverse stages, while keeping you in the air and preserving your jumps.

And finally, the move that will set Ridley apart, and make his air game terrifying.

Side B: Air Command (grab)
That's right, Ridley has an aerial command grab, in reference to both Brawl and other M

It has slightly different properties in the air than on the ground, but on a whole it is the same move. Let's start with the air.

Ridley dashes forward a little bit (about half as far as Ganondorf's side B), but with less start up (it comes out fast). If it connects, you lunge even further in the same direction with the character in tow. If during the second part of this lunge you hit a wall, the enemy takes a lot of damage, and gets launched upwards diagonally away from the wall, with decent knockback. (if someone is hanging on the ledge, you can hit with this, and hitting them upward into the stage can spike them). However, if there is no wall in the way, then at the end of this dash (about as long as Ganondorf's side B from where you push side b to where you end up with the enemy), you then throw the enemy, depending on what direction you input, from up down forward or backwards. Yep, Ridley can throw from the air. Scary, huh? However, this is a high risk, high reward move. If you use this move in the air, it gets rid of your up B jumps, and you can't use it twice in the air, as it is a lunge. However, you still have whatever of the 3 normal jumps that you haven't yet used. And touching the stage, even with your pogo tail resets all of that.

Now, this move isn't quite as great from the ground. There is decent start up time, and the lunge is slower. However, if you do land it from the ground, in the second part of the lunge, Ridley will jump into the air, about a half a jump's height, so you can still do an aerial throw for the finisher, or hit a wall. Landing this doesn't consume your up B, nor does it stop you from using it again on the way down. Truly, this move make Ridley terrifying to fight.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yes! Together We Ride! Onward, to a BIGGER fanbase, a better community, a better Smashboards, and must I say: a better world! (well, maybe not that last one) But even better than that, even more elusive, we find that some treasures are even greater than all others combined. What could that treasure be, you may ask? A playable Ridley!

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
So everybodys saying their goodbyes and feelings about ridley? k my turn
I randomly came out of the blue and started talking on this thread, it was the shadow analysis that got me to discover this thread a few days after i made my own video on how ridley was not truely dis confirmed from the April Direct. When Megaman was announced i didn't care who else was in, but i had King K. Rool and Ridley on the top of my list of characters i want. I didnt know much about the debate but i did know that size changes alot in nintendo games so ridley wouldn't be a problem for smash (and made me question the people against him). After the Direct i mostly focused on the Ridley bit. seemed too strange for me. Looking more and more and more into the whole discussion of Ridley in general, he became the only character i cared about left. After seeing too many ignorant posts against Ridley, i hope he makes it in just to shut them up (of course thats not the only reason). Ridley became so important to me that every day since the Direct i've been thinking about Ridley, talking about Ridley, breathing Ridley (quite a summer huh). I plan on making Ridley one of my main fighters if he gets announced (i've mostly stuck with Ness). This thread had its ups and downs but it was an honor to be apart of this thread and talking about a common goal, lets hope all of this dosn't go to waste in the end.
Ridley for Sm4sh

Last edited:

Ravestickman

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ravestickman

Yep
Yep
Nep
Nep
Only if not playable too
Nep
Yep
Nep
Life, Love
Purple Pirate Space Dragon. Also Metroid fanboy
Nep
A lot of you guys are pretty cool guys. Some of you guys jump down people's throats and take an unjustified persecuted standpoint.
I don't understand this question
and lastly...

It hasn't been 15 years for me but I think Ridley deserves it yeah
Ridley is love, Ridley is life. :samus:

Top Bottom