• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
If that's true, lame choice. How exactly is Duck Hunt going to hype anyone beyond a few obligatory chuckles?
No one knows, because this is not the thread to discuss leaks, except for parts that directly affect Ridley.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Next Mario Kart 8 DLC Pack 3: Racers from Space:
Captain Falcon:falcon64::falconmelee::falcon::4falcon:
Samus Aran:samus64::samusmelee::samus2::4samus:
Ridley. :p

FOURTH Mario Kart 8 DLC Pack 4: Swordsmen
Marth:marthmelee::marth::4marth:
Robin:4robinm::4robinf:

Waluigi is too big

Smash Journeyman
NNID
waluigi44
I just thought? Sakurai is probably mad at this whole thread. If Ridley is playable he wants us to think he is a boss. We are ruining his big reveal.

edit: also put me on that list.

Last edited:

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
*sees everyone talking about racing games*
EVERYBODY SUPER RIDLEY RACING, GOT MAKE SURE YOU'RE NOT BIG AFTER ALL! WHEN YOU'RE SUPER RIDLEY RACING, THERE'S NO TIME TO ANSWER THE CALL!
Can you feel the missiles, as they're shot into your mouth? ;-P

Shinru202

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shinryu2
3DS FC
2809-8719-6664
Ridley comes off as someone who doesn't really live outside of his missions to me, especially in the manga, it's all about running the Space Pirates and conquering as much as possible. I don't really think Ridley needs character development either to be honest, for the most part he's mostly a character for Samus to ping pong off of.
Then let me ask you this: What is Ridley's DRIVE for joining the Space Pirates to destroy the Galactic Federation?
...Vengeance...Pure vengeance...According to Metroid's manual, Ridley was a native of Planet Zebes before the Chozos and the Galactic Federation colonized it....and Ridley is the last of his kind after the Galactic Federation launched a mass-genocide operation on Ridley's species....As for the reason...

A Possible reason is that the Galactic Federation wanted to remove the Space Dragons out of the way so that the GF can extract ZEBETITE from Zebes's mines......The Galactic Federation SOMEHOW publicized to the galaxy that Space Dragons are dangerous and must be eliminated.
The mass-genocide is only a "cover" for the GF's true intentions: Claiming Zebes and its mines.

Sure, Ridley has been doing missions here and there but all these missions were to bolster the Space Pirates forces and debilitate the Galactic Federation...A good example is the Metroid Manga: Ridley invades K-2L because:
1) Presence of Aflorotite, a powerful explosive ore that could be used in developing weapons
2) The mining colony is owned by the Galactic Federation....This is proven how Samus's father refused to share Aflorotite with the Chozos who visited K-2L.

I'm sure most of you guys have seen this pic
Even the mighty, ruthless Space Dragon hesitates to kill Samus....but decides to kill her anyways and here is a possible reason
Ridley ordered all of his soldiers to kill all civilians in K-2L before collecting the loot.....Samus encounters Ridley and asks him to be friends despite all that's happening around.
Ridley assumes that Samus's family has already died in the Pirate raid....and The Dragon feels remorse for the Little girl who is all alone in this world....So Ridley decides to kill her quickly and relieve her of the pain of living alone....Ridley knows this pain too well....He lost his family and kin when the Galactic Federation launched the mass-genocide operation on Zebes.

Samus's Mother pushes Samus out of the way and down a crevice from Ridley's Plasma Breath...but gets torched in the process.....While Samus's dad goes kamikaze and destroys the Aflorotite, engulfing the whole area in a huge explosion and burning everyone, including Ridley.

Now everyone keeps saying that Ridley ate Samus's parents...but it is NOT POSSIBLE AT ALL....Samus's mom got torched by Ridley plasma attack, and she was not wearing any protective armor.
Samus's dad got caught in the Aflorotite explosion that most likely reduced him to ashes. It IS likely that Ridley was fed
bio-matter to survive death but not from Samus's parents corpses since there were no corpses at all.

Ridley was most likely pissed off that the Aflorotite explosion messed up his spine and burned him half-to-death.

The Galactic Federation "corruption" could extend to other races, people, planets......The Space Pirates is, after all, an anarchy bend to destroy the elitist, tyrannical Galactic Federation....and there are almost infinite individuals out there who also, like Ridley, got hurt by the Galactic Federation and seek vengeance by joining the Space Pirates.
Nintendo, you better start working on a new Metroid game...and if possible, let Ridley take the Protagonist spotlight for a change of pace....Sammy SERIOUSLY needs a vacation.

Last edited:

UnstableBeing

Smash Cadet
Super Ridley Racing now with a more diverse roster than Ridley racing : we replaced Samus, Phantoon, Kraid, Crocomire and Dark Samus with Baby Ridley, Doctor Ridley, Pink Gold Ridley, Tanooki Ridley and Meta(l) Ridley !

Also add me to the supporter list.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Then let me ask you this: What is Ridley's DRIVE for joining the Space Pirates to destroy the Galactic Federation?
...Vengeance...Pure vengeance...According to Metroid's manual, Ridley was a native of Planet Zebes before the Chozos and the Galactic Federation colonized it....and Ridley is the last of his kind after the Galactic Federation launched a mass-genocide operation on Ridley's species....As for the reason...

A Possible reason is that the Galactic Federation wanted to remove the Space Dragons out of the way so that the GF can extract ZEBETITE from Zebes's mines......The Galactic Federation SOMEHOW publicized to the galaxy that Space Dragons are dangerous and must be eliminated.
The mass-genocide is only a "cover" for the GF's true intentions: Claiming Zebes and its mines.

Sure, Ridley has been doing missions here and there but all these missions were to bolster the Space Pirates forces and debilitate the Galactic Federation...A good example is the Metroid Manga: Ridley invades K-2L because:
1) Presence of Aflorotite, a powerful explosive ore that could be used in developing weapons
2) The mining colony is owned by the Galactic Federation....This is proven how Samus's father refused to share Aflorotite with the Chozos who visited K-2L.

Even the mighty, ruthless Space Dragon hesitates to kill Samus....but decides to kill her anyways and here is a possible reason
Ridley ordered all of his soldiers to kill all civilians in K-2L before collecting the loot.....Samus encounters Ridley and asks him to be friends despite all that's happening around.
Ridley assumes that Samus's family has already died in the Pirate raid....and The Dragon feels remorse for the Little girl who is all alone in this world....So Ridley decides to kill her quickly and relieve her of the pain of living alone....Ridley knows this pain too well....He lost his family and kin when the Galactic Federation launched the mass-genocide operation on Zebes.

Samus's Mother pushes Samus out of the way and down a crevice from Ridley's Plasma Breath...but gets torched in the process.....While Samus's dad goes kamikaze and destroys the Aflorotite, engulfing the whole area in a huge explosion and burning everyone, including Ridley.

Now everyone keeps saying that Ridley ate Samus's parents...but it is NOT POSSIBLE AT ALL....Samus's mom got torched by Ridley plasma attack, and she was not wearing any protective armor.
Samus's dad got caught in the Aflorotite explosion that most likely reduced him to ashes. It IS likely that Ridley was fed
bio-matter to survive death but not from Samus's parents corpses since there were no corpses at all.

Ridley was most likely pissed off that the Aflorotite explosion messed up his spine and burned him half-to-death.

The Galactic Federation "corruption" could extend to other races, people, planets......The Space Pirates is, after all, an anarchy bend to destroy the elitist, tyrannical Galactic Federation....and there are almost infinite individuals out there who also, like Ridley, got hurt by the Galactic Federation and seek vengeance by joining the Space Pirates.
Nintendo, you better start working on a new Metroid game...and if possible, let Ridley take the Protagonist spotlight for a change of pace....Sammy SERIOUSLY needs a vacation.
Ridley might like burned food and be able to digest it without any danger, torched doesn't mean disintergrated

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

Eh, I'd hate if they made him a sympathetic villain, that's beginning to become a somewhat watered down cliché imo, I far prefer how absolutely despicable he is in almost every panel of the manga. It's quite clear he has no sympathy for anyone in reality, he completely messes Samus up by taunting her about her dead parents, he abuses the Chozo and guts them as he pleases to taunt Gray Voice about his betrayal, he didn't even need to do those things, but he does them because it pleases him. I prefer him as a villain who strikes people where it hurts the most, he manipulates and taunts them, it's not enough just killing them and getting them out of the way, if they're a thorn in his side it has to hurt them for real.

Plus, I'm fairly certain the Space Pirates' mission isn't getting rid of the Federation, but more so just conquering the galaxy, the Federation is nothing more than an obstacle.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
My job interview did go well so I will be busy after the 1st september.
I'm still going to make that list but I can't promise that it will be done before the 3DS release.
On that note I still have until Sunday night to make as much progress as I can, so yeah see you guys later.
BTW the new weels in the Mario Kart 8 DLC are glorious, thank you Obama Mercedes.

Wiinner159

Smash Hero
NNID
Make a guess...
3DS FC
2251-6491-9042
Beautiful, I'm in tears with he such beauteous language you used.

Though back to Ridley, have we ever decided upon custom moves for him? I know we designed a good moveset, but I'm wondering what people think for customs. Try to be a little more creative than just powerful and slower and faster and weaker versions of the move, think DK's tornado punch or Mario's scalding FLUDD

UnstableBeing

Smash Cadet

Though back to Ridley, have we ever decided upon custom moves for him? I know we designed a good moveset, but I'm wondering what people think for customs. Try to be a little more creative than just powerful and slower and faster and weaker versions of the move, think DK's tornado punch or Mario's scalding FLUDD
Easy. Neutral B : Tornado breath and scalding spit.:troll:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
If it's ok, could you add me to the support list? Live as a Ridley Supporter, die a Ridley Supporter

SmilingMad

Smash Lord

Already did that. Something something neutral B is fireball spray/explosive fireball/laser.
I don't think we have done any other because...well, we don't really know what to do with them? There's only so much you can do with a command grab.

Bananija

Count of Trickery

I cried:sadeyes:, it was so touching...
Also, put me on the list.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I wanna see some art of Roidley and Mewtwo being supported by a cheerleader triangle of Dr. Mario, Toon Link, Dark Pit, Lucina, and Ganondorf.

I'll call it "Attack of the Clones"

c09.png
@AndreaAC , @SchAlternate , heed my call!

Last edited:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Just copy pasting things I've wrote about Roidley before

Idle Animations - Glances around the Surroundings, flaps his wings a bit and wiggles his tail

Taunts:
^ Reaches Up and admires his own claws in the light
- Yawns, this NOT-FIGHTING you're doing is boring
v Brings out THE BABY Metroid and gives it a quizzical look, because why would Roidly have this

^ B: Bombing Dive - Ridley will fly upward, spinning horizontally with his wings covering him; if an enemy is caught, Ridley dives down at near-lighting speed with the enemy in his claws (one of the best recovery moves in the game, balanced out by its potentially suicidal nature) (25%-death)

-Customs will include a powerful Dedede Jump with extra lag at the end and a spinny jump that goes half as far

B: Rapid Plasma - Ridley shoot 1-6 Plasmaballs in rapid succession, they travel bout as far as a fully charged Hero's Bow and each Plasmaball does 9%

-It's custom variations will include a more Bowser like Firebreath and also the spiny fireballs from the first Metroid

>B: Capture Toss - Ridley charges forward claw outstretched; if an enemy is caught, he will begin to tear at them for up to five seconds before throwing them the opposite direction, also makes for an alright Horizontal recovery (10-18%)

-Customs include a variation that simply plows through enemies but with half the damage, and shorter charge with a longer attack

vB: Screech - RIdley does his trademark Roar, it doesn't deal damage but it can push people a fair distance away from him, Ridley's got a big hitbox so he's easily surrounded

-Customs include a larger screech that doesn't push enemies as far and a damaging version with little knockback

Final Smash : I always get stuck on this, the Space Pirate raid does sound cool, but if it's gonna be Other M Ridley...

BUT NOW I HAVE SOME IDEA

alright so Ridley flies up above the screen and you get an Aiming Recital, hit any enemies and he'll grab them, then you get a small cinematic of Ridley scraping them against a wall, then he throws them and finishes it off with a large fireball that, after shot, switches back to the stage, hitting the person you tossed and hopefully hitting anyone you missed

Last edited:

LarsINTJ

Banned via Warnings
Does anyone else find the idea of Ridley pathos surreal?

I'm getting bizarre personified images of mommy and daddy Ridley, some hulking brute federation troop breaks down the door and pillages the place orc-style.

Last edited:

YES YES YES!!!! I would LOVE a Metroid game where we can play as Ridley.

Perhaps a Metroid game where there are two campaigns! One for Samus and one for Ridley.

A Galactic Federation campaign with Samus's side of the story.
A Space Pirate campaign with Ridley's side of the story.

If a game like this happened.....

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Eh, I'd hate if they made him a sympathetic villain, that's beginning to become a somewhat watered down cliché imo, I far prefer how absolutely despicable he is in almost every panel of the manga. It's quite clear he has no sympathy for anyone in reality, he completely messes Samus up by taunting her about her dead parents, he abuses the Chozo and guts them as he pleases to taunt Gray Voice about his betrayal, he didn't even need to do those things, but he does them because it pleases him. I prefer him as a villain who strikes people where it hurts the most, he manipulates and taunts them, it's not enough just killing them and getting them out of the way, if they're a thorn in his side it has to hurt them for real.

Plus, I'm fairly certain the Space Pirates' mission isn't getting rid of the Federation, but more so just conquering the galaxy, the Federation is nothing more than an obstacle.
Who says that both can't coexist? Vengance made monster of us. Ridley is simply beyond any redemption.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
I think I'll put my drawing on hold until I can figure out how to shade Ridley properly without it looking off. Bah. Perhaps it'd look better if I could actually do smooth stuff, but I can't because I am clueless.

Wiinner159

Smash Hero
NNID
Make a guess...
3DS FC
2251-6491-9042
Already did that. Something something neutral B is fireball spray/explosive fireball/laser.
I don't think we have done any other because...well, we don't really know what to do with them? There's only so much you can do with a command grab.
If Mashpotato Samurai can do it, then one of us are bound to be able to as well
EDIT: I just thought of my own custom Command Grab attacks, it changes from a grab to a charge similar to the one he does in Metroid Prime when he's grounded, in the air he does a mini version of the flying charge he preformed during the Ridley boss fight in Brawl

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Why do we need a support list? If you have a brain, you support Ridley. Why does everything have to be so complicated?

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
YES YES YES!!!! I would LOVE a Metroid game where we can play as Ridley.

Perhaps a Metroid game where there are two campaigns! One for Samus and one for Ridley.

A Galactic Federation campaign with Samus's side of the story.
A Space Pirate campaign with Ridley's side of the story.

If a game like this happened.....
Ridley Uprising Directed by Sakurai :troll:

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
You can add me to the Ridley supporter list. I've bolted myself into the chair and am on the ride until he makes. Hopefully I'm not still bolted there by the time I'm 90. That would be messy.

Iddis

Smash Apprentice
All in all the future is still looking bright for Ridley, and i'm sure we will either get a reveal here relatively soon be it from Sakurai or a less desirable source.
Also I would like to be on the Supporters list.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
You know when you have a dream that's so realistic you wake up thinking it really happened?

Well last night I half awake the whole time and I kept having the same dream about a legit leak of Ridley's trailer. He was rocking the Super Metroid look, Smashboards was throwing a huge party (and somehow not crashing), the detractors were left speechless, it was simply amazing.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
If Mashpotato Samurai can do it, then one of us are bound to be able to as well
EDIT: I just thought of my own custom Command Grab attacks, it changes from a grab to a charge similar to the one he does in Metroid Prime when he's grounded, in the air he does a mini version of the flying charge he preformed during the Ridley boss fight in Brawl
So, Command Grab (charges a distance and grabs, even works in mid-air), Charge (charges a considerable distance and damages stuff in his path), and ??? (charges a short distance, and at the end flaps his wings visciously, blowing himself back and damaging things).
Idk, it's something.

EDIT: The attack the leaker said was his side-b is pretty cool too. Swoop to one side and face the other direction, can be used twice (maybe more) without having to suffer from end-lag. Seems very neat for racking up damage and in the middle of a combo.

Last edited:

PeterJude

Smash Ace
Now, I get the feeling this may have been shopped, but...

...they do look very friendly there...

Top Bottom