• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You will most likely hit target at least once with a machine gun even if you will not aim and just shoot in every direction in front of you. That was lucky guess. Anyway, that leak was fake and it was proven already by Sakurai himself and we don't need that "last minute change from playable to part of Final Smash" because he said he considered adding him, not that he added him.
I would still not believe it and try to find a way to prove it is fake. Especially if it would be Brawley. I never defended any leak, even those who had Ridley on them. I won't be getting that game for at least 6 months after its release, so, i don't care about it a lot.
We don't know how early the leak information was accessed.

But you're using a fallacy.

Getting each character isn't a 1/10 chance.

Some are obvious 5/10 chance like :4littlemac::4megaman:.

Some are nigh impossible like :4wiifit:.

And then there's downright dumb info that he could have only gotten through a leak like :4mii:'s name.

The chances of getting the amount right that he did is astronomically low.

There was real info there and you need to accept that fact.

But if you're going to deny that just because it's a leak...

Then so be it..

I'm kinda 30/70 on Ridley right now guys...

What do you think?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

And then there's downright dumb info that he could have only gotten through a leak like :4mii:'s name.

Then so be it..

What do you think?
The fact we still have only seen Ridley's tail and have no confirmation or dusconfirmation makes me certain he's in.

To all the people arguing, calm down! Look at the Sonic the helpful engine mod, watch a video of a funny youtuber! Anything! Make sure that you all calm down, I understand everyone being panicky due to the leak, but we need official confirmations form the guys themselves

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
What if Ridley, K.Rool, Mewtwo and Impa will get confirmed...but Ridley is Little Birdie, K.Rool is from cartoon and can't do s***, Mewtwo has a command menu like in Pokemon games and can't move because he follows classic RPG rules and Impa is that old Impa?
Yup and robin will have to be controlled from a birds eye view and have to be given commands where to go and how to attack :rolleyes:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion

What do you think?
80% he is in.
Once again, I mentioned the leak ; I think it's real, and that we have five newcomers left.
In a leak that was posted before Ninka's gained fame, Ridley, Mewtwo, Dixie and Chorus Kids were in.
And, honestly, Ridley seems to be in. It says it is the "most beloved roster".
If you at least put Mewtwo and Ridley, I'm sure 75% of the west smashers will be happy. Everything else imo is the icing on the cake. Duck Hunt Dog and Ridley were two of my most wanted ; one of them seem to be confirmed, the other will probably be too.

He is in, I'm sure.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
Im more 70/30 that he's in. The shadow and teasing and stuff is convincing, though I still have some nagging doubts..

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
OFF TOPIC

Wasn't the DLC part of the leak deemed fake? That leaves three open slots including the random button and the optional mii fighter. My guy wants it to be the big three, but that ain't happening, it's most likely we'll be getting a rhythm heaven rep (I BELIEVE), Ridley, Ice Climbers (I'd rather die than live in a world without IC)

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

Then so be it..

What do you think?
Well, it still doesn't means that all of the info was true. That leak f***ed up on few parts like not mentioning Rosalina, Chrom being listed as playable, etc. Anyway, it is no longer legit enough to not just ignore it and it is off-topic. And Wii Fit Trainer isn't that much of a WTF choice - Wii games are pretty successfull and Wii Fit "games" were successfull enough too. Just no one thought it would really be used.

We're not going to blame or...forgot that word...for just keeping your expectations/hopes/whatever low or just not really believing our "evidence". Especially when many turned around after seeing that fancy good looking leak. I am 90/10 right now.

Yup and robin will have to be controlled from a birds eye view and have to be given commands where to go and how to attack :rolleyes:
You can't move unless you escape the battle, which means you will go into the "blast zone:, so, you will die. Isn't that a wonderful gimmick? Are you excited for that? ARE YOU?!

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
c06.png
Alright, I'm back.

I told you that the oneshot Zelda villain had no chance. Not that Ridley's odds are in any way affected.

Also, jeez, you're still talking about the supposed leak? It misspelled "disabled", for crying out loud!

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Also, jeez, you're still talking about the supposed leak? It misspelled "disabled", for crying out loud!
Peoples will do anything to believe in a leak that has their wanted characters in it. And sometimes it is opposite too. I think it is bulls**t because of Ganondorf being exactly same as in Brawl in those gameplay screenshots and not matching his render and CSS icons, "disablad", CSS icons placement (including Yoshi in wrong section - between Mario characters), clones being together instead of being in their franchise's section for no reason because there is only 3 clones in that section despite there being more clones like that (including Falcon and Toon Link) and don't tell me that those 2 are not in that section because they are veterans - Dr.Mario is a veteran too. And unlocking new characters to fix that won't work because they are just inserted between certain characters. Anyway, drop that discussion. IsmaR, should we report that kind of s**t or what?

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You think the leak is true, good for you.
It is.

I'm serious when I said that I've seen things...

Regardless, back to Ridley!

He's a cool dragon that fights death and isn't afraid of anything!

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
It is.

You should have said "DOESN'T afraid of anything".

Do Space Pirates know what honor is? In one of the logs, there is line "These units prefer death before dishonor: an injured Aerotrooper will make a suicide attempt strike before allowing himself to be captured.". I think it was in Aerotroopers log.
Question: Is it a good idea to ban mentions of this leak whether it's fake or not? Like the Ridley ban around Brawl!
Yes. It should be allowed to be discussed only in threads like Social thread and leaks discussion. Here and in many other threads, it should be banned.

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
It is.

Not even lousy leaks with characters that should've stayed dead! I still don't think the leak's true, I don't really care about what anyone's 'seen'...I care about Dr. Mario's model being edited, Shulk looking eerily similar to Little Mac, the DHD's render dubious origins, Wario's missing pupil, the Tomodachi Life section being ripped straight from Tomodachi Life.
Question: Is it a good idea to ban mentions of this leak whether it's fake or not? Like the Ridley ban around Brawl!
So The mods think it's true = No one should be able to say otherwise? Doesn't sound healthy to me.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859

What do you think?
Ok I'm curious because I thought the newest leaks deconfirm Ridley(?)

You believe them(?) 100% but still think Ridley has a chance

I don't wanna debate that part of this because wrong place/secrets

I'm obviously missing something though why do you think ridley still has a chance?

Just lookin' for some straws

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

I'm obviously missing something though why do you think ridley still has a chance?

The leak may not actually have all the characters.

Ridley, Dixie, Chorus Men and Mewtwo are characters some leakers are throwing around.

Hope is still there, but we'll have to see for sure.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
So The mods think it's true = No one should be able to say otherwise? Doesn't sound healthy to me.
No, but because of the uproar every time someone mentions the damn thing! Every time someone brings it up, people argue, things get out of hand or messy quite quickly, that's why I thought of it, I think the Ridley ban had something to do with people fighting about size suddenly, although I don't know entirely

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622

Even if Ridley turns out to be playable, Dr. Mario coming back when we got a newcomer as awesome as Rosalina would be a slap on the face to the Mario fanbase and the Smash community, so even if Ridley's included in it, I wish the leak's not true so we don't get Dr. Mario, he should be a Mario alt, he doesn't deserve anything more, just like Dark Pit.

But seriously, Swampasaur, what do you know about Ridley that we don't? Why the hell don't you just spill all the beans?

EDIT: Also, Dixie over K.Rool = Insult to the DK fanbase.

Last edited:

Waluigi is too big

Smash Journeyman
NNID
waluigi44

I think the leak improves Ridley's chances. I seen past leaks that match up perfectly to what has been shown by these photos. that contain Ridley, Dixie, and chorus men.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Even if Ridley turns out to be playable, Dr. Mario coming back when we got a newcomer as awesome as Rosalina would be a slap on the face to the Mario fanbase and the Smash community, so even if Ridley's included in it, I wish the leak's not true so we don't get Dr. Mario, he should be a Mario alt, he doesn't deserve anything more, just like Dark Pit.

But seriously, Swampasaur, what do you know about Ridley that we don't? Why the hell don't you just spill all the beans?

This is what I mean with people arguing by the way

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

You can just read the leaks section...

Heck this discussion is better suited there.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion

A leak that appeared way before the one with DHD became popular mentioned all newcomers on the pic, as well as Ridley, Mewtwo, Dixie and Chorus Kids.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I think the leak improves Ridley's chances. I seen past leaks that match up perfectly to what has been shown by these photos. that contain Ridley, Dixie, and chorus men.
It doesn't affects ANY characters even after it will be proven to be competly true. Its not like it makes Sakurai instantly add characters from leaks or something like that. I hate when someone says something like that...i hate a lot of things...

Last edited:

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Off topic/Spam Warning Received

Don't care about the Doc coming back. Yes he was my main in Melee, but I haven't played Melee in a while. I don't see why it would be bad.

I believe who ever said the DLC thing may have been fake, and the five slots are other newcomers.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Please don't discuss the leak here, guys. I'm in a pretty good mood today we should all know why, but that's off topic, and I don't need that to be drowned out by all of the leak discussion.

Let's talk taunts, instead. What do you think Ridley's taunts will be? All 3 taunts. Give me 3 taunt ideas.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Please don't discuss the leak here, guys. I'm in a pretty good mood today we should all know why, but that's off topic, and I don't need that to be drowned out by all of the leak discussion.

Let's talk taunts, instead. What do you think Ridley's taunts will be? All 3 taunts. Give me 3 taunt ideas.
his smug grin from Prime 1 after being reawakened, his eyes flash and he fades out for a second, and FUSION SCREEEEEEEEECH

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Enough with the leak talk guys, it has little stance on Ridley's chances. Even if the leak is true, Ridley is still being thrown around as a possibility for the leak's unknown characters.

So another popular character gets disconfirmed without a second thought, and a villain at that. Is it bad I never wanted Ghirahim? I think we need to declone Ganondorf before even thinking of a Zelda newcomer.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Enough with the leak talk guys, it has little stance on Ridley's chances. Even if the leak is true, Ridley is still being thrown around as a possibility for the leak's unknown characters.

So another popular character gets disconfirmed without a second thought, and a villain at that. Is it bad I never wanted Ghirahim? I think we need to declone Ganondorf before even thinking of a Zelda newcomer.
Hang on, how many VILLAINS have been disconfirmed? Yellow Devil, Devil, Andross, Dark Emperor, Nightmare and Ghirahim are the first that come to mind to me. Anyone know who I might have missed?

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Hang on, how many VILLAINS have been disconfirmed? Yellow Devil, Devil, Andross, Dark Emperor, Nightmare and Ghirahim are the first that come to mind to me. Anyone know who I might have missed?
Mother Brain, Dark Samus, Metroid. I'm sure there's more. There's a thread of all deconfirmed characters somewhere. Try looking there.

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
That reminds me, has the CoroCoro magazine been fully scaned and uploaded? Because if that's the case the lack of any pyrosphere news from it is strange, I know there's been scans of Meta Knight and Pac-Man floating around recently.

Dracandros

Smash Cadet
Things are still heated for Ridley's chance.

I think they are far higher than 30% - 80% is about right.

I think my reasoning is just too risky to post even though I haven't seen any leak areas. I think I'm going to stay off the boards for a few days...

EDIT: No, I don't have that kind of information, don't get me wrong. I just don't think it's right to say anything more than I don't want to post what I think about it.

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Dr. Wily and all the Smash Run enemies, but ya, Ghirahim was the first villain with an actual playable chance.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
That reminds me, has the CoroCoro magazine been fully scaned and uploaded? Because if that's the case the lack of any pyrosphere news from it is strange, I know there's been scans of Meta Knight and Pac-Man floating around recently.
In those scans it mentioned MK getting SIX jumps! SIX!!! Hang on, that means Ridley being airborne that long might not because a better float than Peach...

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
The trophy theory is not gone. We still have Impa or possibly

So yeah...Ridley.
Or another Ganon.

The trophy quiz theory has been supported by Robin and Palutena, and Ridley's all but confirmed in my eyes.

People are such mood swingers. All it'll take is for a Zelda newcomer or Ridley to be revealed, and they'll abandon the leak in droves. Or cling to it desperately like Gematsu.

But yeah, I'd love to see Groose as a Falcon clone. And I guess he'd help sweep away the "leak" like Ridley.

Top Bottom