• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
I just want to point out, the next reveal does not actually confirm or deny the validity of these "leaks", unless a newcomer not included in them is shown.
If a veteran is shown with a different render that would also kill it. Granted I think the leak has already been proven to have to many holes, as well done as it is.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Give me a screenshot of the Newcomers with actual in-game gameplay, THEN I'll give this leak some merit. Or better yet, Sakurai himself confirms/deconfirms these characters.

Edit: Also, WHY ARE THERE 100+ PEOPLE VIEWING THIS THREAD?!
I miiiight've told everyone on Miiverse about the leak and this is where I led them too.
And yeah, as much as I would love the Doc as his own character (Alt. Costume is great, but own Character is amazing), I think it's fake unless the next reveal says otherwise. Here's hoping it's Ridley.

ShizChiz

Smash Apprentice
I just want to point out, the next reveal does not actually confirm or deny the validity of these "leaks", unless a newcomer not included in them is shown. If the next reveal Sakurai had planned was the Duck hunt dog for example( That is almost as bad as Snake), that confirms the dogs playability, but not that the "leak" is valid. Palutena is in the game, but those "leaks" of her were not confirmed because of them, the opposite, in fact.
Unless the official image used for Duck Hunt matches, in which case, yeah, it does help confirm it.

Last edited:

iamresh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
VivillonDoe
3DS FC
1891-1659-0237
anything important happen today in the thread other than the ZSS pic of the day?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Guys your forgetting something about the leak

Real or not you guys are forgetting that may not be the full roster due to not everyone unlocked yet.

(Add dlcs 1 emepty spot.)

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
I think this MAY be part of the roster, it seems that not all of them are unlocked.
But again, it looks fabricated with precision
Plus Shulk lookin like a Little Mac repaint lulz, same poses

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
I don't believe it's real. We'll see, though. The artwork of certain characters is stuff I've never seen before, so if this is fake, I seriously have to give props to the creator for this. Still, I will feel pretty salty at the lack of new DK/Metroid reps and addition of another Mario rep if it's real. Doesn't mean I would be able to do anything about it, but I'd be miffed.

So yeah... can't say I'm overly a fan of that roster, honestly. Needs more purple space dragon.

Link Sharingan

Smash Ace
I just want to point out, the next reveal does not actually confirm or deny the validity of these "leaks", unless a newcomer not included in them is shown. If the next reveal Sakurai had planned was the Duck hunt dog for example( That is almost as bad as Snake), that confirms the dogs playability, but not that the "leak" is valid. Palutena is in the game, but those "leaks" of her were not confirmed because of them, the opposite, in fact.
if a veteran from the leaks get revealed before release date and his render is is different than those in the leaked pictures then they are fake.

Zynux

Smash Lord
What's the final verdict on this incredibly convincing leak?
Any "verdict" at this point of time, whether real or fake, is foolish and will only make themselves look silly. More time to actually evaluate the leak instead of the chicken's running with their heads chopped off would be beneficial.

I thought you guys were above dismissing stuff because you don't like it....
On the flip side, I thought we learned our lesson on accepting any leak as our lord and savior upon first sighting.

Yes, I've read through the leak thread. My stance still stands: people are hilariously jumping the gun and are creating subjective, hypothetical scenarios to justify why this leak is fake/real.

It's truly a sight to be seen. But it happens every time a leak appears, no matter how convincing.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
To make some of you more calm. I worked on this. Not for Ridley. But for organizing the clones. And Ridley happened to fit in.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Guys...... I don't think there's any possible way this is fake.

BUT.

It's not final. See that CSS? Not organized. Not finished. That stage select? Not even.

It's got to be real. But this for sure isn't all.

It does decrease my "faith", but hey. I'm here till the end

I'm not so sure how you can say that there is no possible way this is fake so quickly.

People are really good at making fakes. There are a number of things that seems off about this leak. While I am not saying that it is definitely real or fake, I do believe that it could be either or. Even if it looks real, it could be fake.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Come on guys, we're the freaking Space Pirates! We don't give up just because some actually well elaborated but still flawed rumor says he's not in! Keep your pirate spirit up! Or at least, don't drop it down!

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Guys your forgetting something about the leak

Real or not you guys are forgetting that may not be the full roster due to not everyone unlocked yet.

(Add dlcs 1 emepty spot.)
Hey, a voice of reason.

Jesus, does everyone just forget the choppiness of the shadow and the questionable size? The dancing around the issue?

I swear, we climb a mile, but the moment Sakurai or some leaker takes an inch, you fall apart and whine and moan.

Even if this supposed leak is true, there's plenty of empty spaces for unlockables.

Granted, I loathe Dark Pit and Dr. Mario representing my roster in place of Lucas and the Ice Climbers, but this is the Ridley thread, my opinion of those characters here are irrelevant.

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
People. Relax, seriously.

There is at least one Newcomer video left. We should know the validity of this leak when that time comes. A few things in this seem sketchy, but you never know. No matter what your view is, you can't deny that photoshop exists and people go out of their way to create leaks. Just relax and put this leak to the back of your minds. Every serious leak is made to look convincing.

I don't think visual leaks should even be considered if they aren't videos. Think about it. Why not make a video?

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
To make some of you more calm. I worked on this. Not for Ridley. But for organizing the clones. And Ridley happened to fit in.

Yea that could be the full roster (say by facts not optimisim)

But why can't the the miis be next too random. Or the random going 1 right then miis 1 up.

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725

Cool image, but my question is since the character select will be on the top screen for the 3ds (that I am aware) will that many characters be easy to see and navigate through, on a normal 3ds, or are they mainly focusing on how it will look on an xl right now?

MischF

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TrueMischF
Just something I noticed. This picture is of the E3 build of the 3ds version and if you look at the bottom screen you can see the characters' names are highlighted in red but in the leak it shows the names on the bottom screen to have a black background.

Might not mean much as they could have changed it deciding black was a better color but just something I noticed.

Also, overall I see too many oddities for it to seem real to me but I haven't dismissed it yet.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Yea that could be the full roster (say by facts not optimisim)

But why can't the the miis be next too random. Or the random going 1 right then miis 1 up.
According to the leak, miis dont seem to on the CSS. When you turn them on, they'll fill that one spot.

Cool image, but my question is since the character select will be on the top screen for the 3ds (that I am aware) will that many characters be easy to see and navigate through, on a normal 3ds, or are they mainly focusing on how it will look on an xl right now?
Judging by the leak 9x6 fits perfectly. Implying the above to fit like a puzzle.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Come on guys, we're the freaking Space Pirates! We don't give up just because some actually well elaborated but still flawed rumor says he's not in! Keep your pirate spirit up! Or at least, don't drop it down!
Note that it never actually says Ridley is out, it just excludes him from a roster that may or may not be complete.

I hate it here sometimes. We blow anything hinting at the disconfirmation of Purple Space Dragon completely out of proportion.

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
I don't believe it's real. We'll see, though. The artwork of certain characters is stuff I've never seen before, so if this is fake, I seriously have to give props to the creator for this. Still, I will feel pretty salty at the lack of new DK/Metroid reps and addition of another Mario rep if it's real. Doesn't mean I would be able to do anything about it, but I'd be miffed.

So yeah... can't say I'm overly a fan of that roster, honestly. Needs more purple space dragon.
Tbh, I think a new DK rep is unlikely but could still happen. But Metroid and DK are overdue for a new rep (especially Metroid seeing how it's only new character is a variation of the same one). Hypothetically if this leak is true: What do you think are Ridley's chances from that point? He'd still have a chance being in, but to you, how do you feel his chances are then?

DeadlyLampshade

Smash Apprentice
About that leak.
No Ridley, not canon.

Dr Mario? Not in my smash roster. He'll transcend the Duck Hunt Dog on my list of video game characters I want to beat up.

Last edited:

SolarKirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolarKirby
To be honest, the fact that this fits SO WELL with the one leak we had here, the chances of this being fake are harshly low. I'm sorry guys, but it looks like Ridley just isn't gonna make it. Once again.

RidleyDX

Smash Ace
I won't lie Iam a little shaken up but my fellow Ridley comrades, we need to calm down, if its fake Ridley will still be in the running. If its real were not a hundred percent sure that's all the characters, we need to take a step back and breathe and not lose our heads.

Last edited:

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
To be honest, the fact that this fits SO WELL with the one leak we had here, the chances of this being fake are harshly low. I'm sorry guys, but it looks like Ridley just isn't gonna make it. Once again.
The fact that this fits so damn well should be a red flag. Someone could have created this leak based on the information from another popular leak. It's not hard to do. It's just like any other leak.

SolarKirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolarKirby
Also I don't know about that whole "Unlockable character" theory since the DLC is 5 characters and that might be what the rest of the roster is.

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
I won't lie Iam a little shaken up but my fellow Ridley comrades, we need to calm down, if its fake Ridley will still be in the running. If its real were not a hundred percent sure that's all the characters, we need to take a step back and breath and not lose our heads.
So many people are shaken by this, when there's no confirmation it's real. And say it is: How do we know it's the full list. On that character roster image, it showed at least 4-6 characters that could fit.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Note that it never actually says Ridley is out, it just excludes him from a roster that may or may not be complete.

I hate it here sometimes. We blow anything hinting at the disconfirmation of Purple Space Dragon completely out of proportion.
You just have to realize how long these fellow Ridley supporters have gone through this trial and turmoil of wanting Ridley in Smash. As much as it may seem "over the top" commotion, I think its totally justifiable to have this reaction when anything like this comes up.

James Phillips

Smash Journeyman
If that leak is real, I hope it's not the final roster, it would just seem dickish of Sakurai to leave out a DK newcomer considering Returns and TF.

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
Also I don't know about that whole "Unlockable character" theory since the DLC is 5 characters and that might be what the rest of the roster is.
High Command has been informed of your perfidy. Please wash your neck and wait in the assigned cubicle.

hotcrumpets

Smash Journeyman
omg this thread lol, its gematsu part 2 pretty much. The leak has been pretty much debunked, why are people still hopping back on it?

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
You just have to realize how long these fellow Ridley supporters have gone through this trial and turmoil of wanting Ridley in Smash. As much as it may seem "over the top" commotion, I think its totally justifiable to have this reaction when anything like this comes up.
a21.png
Yeah, jumping on the Ridley hype train as fresh blood has probably been the best decision of my life. I've missed out on the Brawl wars, so I'm not nearly as cynical and shell-shocked as veterans here.

Tho sometimes I wanna really punch someone in the face for losing faith in Ridley by saying they've supported him since the Brawl or even Melee days. Seniority seems like a mask people hide behind to try puffing up their opinions.

Thank goodness I'm resistant to breaking down.

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
COME ON FELLOW SPACE PIRATES! YOU WON'T LET THIS UNPROVEN LEAK DESTROY YA'R HOPES WILL YA?!
"You are a pirate
We got us some signs
To lead us to a character slot
That's oh secretly locked
And buried in the game
We'll straw grasp for clues
We know we're full of precious evidence
First we'll see RIDLEY
And then we'll say HOORAY!"

Top Bottom