• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

ppbto

Smash Journeyman
I give up. I can't keep with this thread, it moves too fast.

Anything interesting on the last ~50 or 40 pages that I missed?

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325

Don't try to keep up, just read the page before this one and this one. That's what I always do. Unless the newest page less than 6 pages away from the one I ended on.

Mansana

Smash Apprentice
Got dat booty dat make you go POP!

EDIT---------------
I've always wanted to use this and now is my chance.
WARNING: CONTAINS PROFANITY AND MAY OFFEND
EDIT 2------------
I have no idea why it shows up as three spoilers, I can't seem to fix it.

You forgot the Spoiler end tag "/spoiler"? Also Tharja is probably my favorite from awakening.

Edit: or maybe its because videos are too big...

Last edited:

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
Now I'm curious, are all the main villains huge pimps? Cause ganondorf definitely is too. One thing is for sure, Ridleys got all the chicks.
you know, all this stuff with ridley attracting girls... the "too big" joke can be taken a completely different direction.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
New headcanon- Ridley is a eunuch. His killing sprees and general sadism are his ways of getting off.

What, you thought it happenstance that he is never shown with naughty bits despite being naked?

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
I can imagine that Ridley's official illustration will have him and the other smash ladies sitting down together cozily, nuzzling themselves at his sides. And Samus will be used as their couch.

From that day forth, Ridley would be known as "Pimpley".
I'm going to do this, and it will upset Andrea, and it will be lovely.
watch me procrastinate my pants off
literally my pants moving by me doing nothing
magic i tell you

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
You know what's weird? All these years later, I've found Meta Knight's theme is similar to Ridley's in some parts:

Vs

They also both have purple wings, and always battle the protagonists when they get a chance...

Both are my favourite characters in their respective series too...

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
You know what's weird? All these years later, I've found Meta Knight's theme is similar to Ridley's in some parts:

Vs

They also both have purple wings, and always battle the protagonists when they get a chance...

Sounds like Omega's.

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
New headcanon- Ridley is a eunuch. His killing sprees and general sadism are his ways of getting off.

What, you thought it happenstance that he is never shown with naughty bits despite being naked?
rule34 would like to speak with you.

you have NO idea.

should i bring the brain bleach?

i am doing ridley's will... traumatizing people, much like he did to samus. :awesome:

course, i am being less graphic about it, mental images only!

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
rule34 would like to speak with you.

you have NO idea.

should i bring the brain bleach?
What about in canon works? Metroid is a realistic enough series to portray melting flesh and keeping Samus's gun on the right hand at all times, and yet Ridley has nothin' down there whenever he appears.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

Vs

@Wariofan1

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
What about in canon works? Metroid is a realistic enough series to portray melting flesh and keeping Samus's gun on the right hand at all times, and yet Ridley has nothin' down there whenever he appears.
ridley put a cloaking device on ridley jr.

i mean, do you really expect nintendo to allow such a horror to be unleashed on the eyes of innocent gamers?

D

Deleted member

Inb4 he just uses his tail for "pleasure."

:awesome:

Oh how we've descended into madness...

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340

Vs

I raise you another Kirby song that instantly made me think of Ridley.

Especially in the opening, very ominous and Ridley-esque. Ridley's so big his music leaks into other series! *instantly broiled by Ridley's plasma breath*

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Question, what did non Ridley supporters do after the shadow? I also mean neutrals, did they say sorry for our loss or did we only get HA! T0LD U 3 B1G!!!
Some people that were detractors here before the shadow just stopped by to say hi, but that was about it. The neutral people did give their condolences though, yeah.

I have my own theory (s) regarding that fact.

#1 : Ridley is able to perfectly adapt to his environment. His prime design has those anorexic looking features because he "evolved" from Birdie to what we know as Ridley on a different PLANET than Roidley. Possibly with lower gravitation than the bottleship in Other M (because Roidley looks bulkier), different kinds of hazards, possibly the need to travel to a different planet because of lack of food etc. So it wouldn't be Roidley being degenerated, but evloving differently because of his environment.

#2 : His evolution could have ties to what he eats in his incubation stages. I'd imagine he could have absorbed features of the things like Kihunter he ate in Other M , and thus developed differently from Ridley. The fact he looks at least a little like a space-pirate could mean he ate one (or more) of them in his earlier iteration as Ridley in Prime-.

#3 : Roidley looks that way not because of evolution, but the lack thereof: He is an EARLIER stage of Ridley, not yet fully evlolved to the Cunning God of Death we all know and love.

And on the topic which i'd prefer: Actually, I'd prefer a mix: Roidleys body (maybe a little thinner) with Ridleys head. (of course thats oversimplified, but yknow...)
OMG I love these theories. Any of them make much more sense than Roidley simply being a "deformed" clone. I of course initially thought the bulkiness was because he was still pretty young (despite evolving fast), and that the skinnier features of the original Ridley would be something you wouldn't see till he got much older. After all, the original was raiding planets and stuff when Samus was just a little girl and likely before she was born as well, and we know she ages slower than a normal human due to Chozo DNA, so the original Ridley had to have been around a long, long time.

Could you imagine how much better Star Wars would be if Ridley replaced Darth Vader
Eh... That's something even I would have to draw a line on.

i come back and all i see are pikachus....anyway. 4 more slots were opened on the mobile version

4 slots open, 4 days left until metroid anniversary, Ridley confirmed
"Want to know more about Zero Suit Samus? Visit the official website for Metroid Other M!"

Had to stop looking at the image after that.

Don't know why I still even keep up with this thread honestly, besides out of habit.

Not really. Nap or someone had a really lost cause of an argument though, which didn't go too well on both sides.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Inb4 he just uses his tail for "pleasure."

:awesome:

Oh how we've descended into madness...
a13.png
So, when Ridley is flailing his tail around and jackhammering the ground in his attempts to impale Samus, he's actually...
a34.png
Headcanon updated. Every Space Pirate commander that isn't Mother Brain is attempting to mate with Samus.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427

Vs

I raise you another Kirby song that instantly made me think of Ridley.

Especially in the opening, very ominous and Ridley-esque. Ridley's so big his music leaks into other series! *instantly broiled by Ridley's plasma breath*
Hmm. Ridley's theme appears in some Kirby games... Coincidence...?

Top Bottom