• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The rhythm of CGs.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
On Midweights I typically just dthrow fthrow. When I had to play Chip's T.Link at GENESIS and winner was guaranteed 9th, I didn't really know how to cg t.link. But I just did the dthrow fthrow one and won.
Did you see me trip while CGing him in tournament?

>_<

Cel

Smash Cadet
I mostly rely on visuals though the sound does help a bit. It seems I cant keep a consistent speed and therefore miss a grab after a second from delaying my press to long. If i dont look so i can only chain about 3 or 4 of the grabs i use

Doomblaze

Smash Journeyman
I pivot grabbed M2k out of tornado in a friendly at EVO2K9 and stared at him. He stared back and I 0-death'd him and he quit the game and we both laughed ahahah. Good stuff.

Oh, and uhhh, I just know the timing too well.
I find that light characters are easy to chaingrab without looking at the screen cause its almost exactly the same controller motion every time.
And you chaingrabbed my marth once while talking to Hot_ArmS
it made me sad

Firestormzero0

Smash Ace
maybe its just my natural asian talents. but i can CG most characters without even looking at the screen, all the way 0 to death. Its really not that hard once you spend forever CGing. But maybe thats just me and lain. idk lol. ill usually talk to the person i am CGing and apolize for what i am doing to them in a tourney and there just looking back at me in amazment that i am still CGing them. (then i secretly laugh inside hahaha)

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
maybe its just my natural asian talents. but i can CG most characters without even looking at the screen, all the way 0 to death. Its really not that hard once you spend forever CGing. But maybe thats just me and lain. idk lol. ill usually talk to the person i am CGing and apolize for what i am doing to them in a tourney and there just looking back at me in amazment that i am still CGing them. (then i secretly laugh inside hahaha)
... And they say the CG is "****ing hard" to do. Clearly, by being able to chat it up with your opponent WHILE doing the CG, it shows how it might have some level of ease after you learn how to do it. :bee: [/troll]

Firestormzero0

Smash Ace
i have probably spent 150+ hours in training mode just CGing one character after another. Talk about Dedication :p Its not easy to "master it". But yes i would say i have "Mastered" CGing Every Character.

Gichan

Smash Champion
I depend a lot on the sounds of their voice, like you said, I listen to the "song" of the ICs chaining.

And as for Firestorm, I remember someone telling me that training mode is a bad idea to practice cgs cause it is different.

Firestormzero0

Smash Ace
umm... i dont know how it would be different. i mean ok sure, your throws would never be staler but still. That would just mean you have to be more accurate with your timing the more you CG which that means in the long run, its better for you :p. But i can CG just fine and i have been using Training forever. so yeah go into training mode. Dont listen to whoever told you that ;)

Top Bottom