• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Results of the Top 10 List

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Matt PM'd this to me.

The results of the top ten list thread
The thread just got to 50 individual lists, and I thought that I would share with the WBR who the community as a whole (including most of you) think are the best 10 characters in Brawl+ at this moment in time.

I acknowledge that this list is not any form of a tier list, but I think it will help guide you on how the community may react to buffing certain characters. It also should maybe bring the WBR to discuss nerfing certain characters (although I'm not saying you should)

Anyways here is the list, there are slightly more than 500 votes in here(some lists said "X or maybe Y" and if it was a respected person I just counted both) and almost none of the lists were actually ordered.
Out of 50
Marth: 50
MK: 48
Fox: 44
Squirtle: 40
Luigi: 34
Kirby: 34
Sheik/Zelda: 30
Falco: 29
Olimar: 22
Captain Falcon: 21
ZSS: 17
Lucario: 15
Pikachu: 14
Diddy: 14
Snake: 13
Peach: 11
Wario: 9
G&W: 6
Wolf: 5
Sonic: 5
R.O.B.: 5
Ivysaur: 4
DK: 4
Toon Link: 4
Lucas: 4
Ike: 4
Pit: 3
Mario: 3
Jigglypuff: 2
Charizard: 2
DDD: 2
PT: 1
Samus: 1
Link: 1
Ganondorf: 1

Characters never voted for: Ness, Bowser, Yoshi, and Ice Climbers
Not sure if we care, but figured why not post it back here.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I'm surprised MK doesn't match Marth when MK is a direct Marth counter. If you counter a top 10 character, how can you not be a top 10 character?

Lol'd though.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
2 idiots didn't vote for MK.

The list is FAR from perfect (lol @ the Ganondorf) but it does give us some insight onto who people think are the best in the game at the moment. The question is, do we need to adjust them or are they just the best balanced characters in the game?

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I think its a tug of war thing between the best characters regardless and the best balanced characters.

We should take this list with a grain of salt because everyone was involved. :V

Almas

Smash Lord
Oh. I thought he only sent it to me. Now I feel less special.

I think some of the votes may be caused by herd mentality.

D

Deleted member

I think we should only care for who is NOT on the list (or only has 1 vote).
but basically we are already working on those.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
The list was only designed to measure who people thought were the top 10 (which is mostly on the right track). While the trickle down effect kinda works for looking at the rest of the characters, I don't think the data past 10 is all that significant.

If we really want something meaningful, we should create an internal WIP WBR list we can mostly agree upon, and then set break points in the list for "Needs some work," "Needs a couple small tweaks," "Fine," and "Needs a couple of nerfs" I think this will help get everyone on the same page.

This would be something good to discuss on Tuesday.

D

Deleted member

sounds good shell, so is it gonna be a ranking list with added notes?

ZodiakLucien

Smash Ace
its a good way to see what the public opinion is on whos the best, but I think who voted for who should be more important. Who noname A votes for obviously doesnt have nearly as much effect as say who chu dat votes for.

Veril

Frame Savant
Anyone who didn't put Pikachu... idk

I guess its cause he's not quite as easy to pick up, but still, this list is a lot of knee-jerk opinions. I don't see how its that useful. Maybe if we want to gauge public opinion we should see who people think the most fun character to play is. Everybody's opinion would be valid there and it would be a useful bit of information. For the most part, I agree with Zodiak, but it seems tedious to have a big discussion like that if we're only looking for the opinions of knowledgeable players.

Personally, I'm interested in character popularity. This top 10 list certainly reflects that, as well as the characters with blatantly good traits.

Top Bottom