• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"The Resistance"

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Welcome to "The Resistance" forum edition. Link to "The Resistance" board game: http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/41114/the-resistance

Resistance is a game that's essentially a variant on the kingmaker setup of mafiascum, the main difference is players vote for teams and no players are removed from the game. This will be my first time running this game online. Marshy helped me tune this board game into an online forum format and he will be my co mod.

How to play

- Sign up in the thread. Once this game hits the signups #, everyone will be PMed with either a Resistance (town) or Spy (Mafia) role. In this game there will be 4 resistance and 3 spies

- Spies will have a QT open for 48 hours to discuss anything, spies may communicate using this method during AND ONLY DURING pregame (this is meant to be a board game after all).

- Once that phase is over, the game starts with the "assign" phase. The next (starts with the first) player in the list will be King and that player will have 24 hours to make a team, failure to do so will result in their turn being skipped. The king will make a team with X number of players (list out players per phase). All players may post in the thread during "assign" phase.

- The entire playerlist will then have 96 hours to post and either 'approve" the team or "reject" the team in the "deliberation" phase. Upon "approval", the game will move to the "execution" phase, upon "rejection", the game will move back to the "assign" phase with the next king in line assigning a team. The playerlist may post in thread during this phase.
--If there are 5 rejects before an execution phase in reached, the next reject will automatically end in a spy victory.

-This vote is majority rules, and all votes are sent privately to the game moderator, once all votes have been sent or the deadline has expired, everyone's votes will be publicly announced.

- Once a team is accepted, players on the team will have 24 hours to vote on the mission, this is called the "execution" phase. The results of these votes are public, but the voter behind each vote is private. A spy may choose to send in a "fail" OR a "pass" vote, Resistance members automatically send in a "pass" vote. Spies win a round if one or more "fail" is in the voting results (unless the phase specifically needs 2 or more fails). Resistance wins if no "fail" votes are sent. (Unless spies need 2 "fail" votes to win the round. Players may not post during this phase.

- This process is repeated until one team has won 3 rounds.

The specifics of team size is found here, but I will say how many people will be on the team daily.

The top column for both charts is number of players.

The left chart shows that means 4 resistance, 3 spies.

The right chart shows that phase 1 will have 2 players on the team, phase 2 is 3 players, phase 3 is 3 players, phase 4 is 2 players, and phase 5 is 4 players.

A * indicates two fails are needed to fail the mission for that phase.

Signups
1. IgnantNoob
2. Frozenflame751
3. Kary
Replacements (Want 1 before starting up)

This game will follow standard mafiascum rules such as no posting Hydra logs, screenshots, private messages between the player and the mod, ect. Full list of these rules below. (definitely not copied from another mafiascum game)

Fundamentals
1.) Treat others how I want you to treat them.
2.) No communication about this game is allowed with non-players.
3.) Unless your role PM specifically allows you the power, you are not to communicate with anyone about this game outside of this game thread. This includes posting content outside of the game thread and linking to it in the game thread.
4.) Do not edit your posts. Double posting is fine in its place.
5.) I reserve the right to deny anyone from signing up/replacing.
6.) You are not allowed to quote any mod communication of any kind, real or fake. You must paraphrase all information you wish to claim. This includes any additional PMs I may send to you outside of your role PM. You are not allowed to post or refer to any images in your role PM, nor may you post metadata about mod PMs in an attempt to break the game (e.g., message ID in the URL, time of day the message was sent, etc.).
7.) You may not post screenshots of any kind.
8.) The use of non-English, invisible, hidden, coded, or otherwise intentionally hidden or indecipherable text is strictly prohibited. (Spoiler tags are allowed because they are easily noticeable. This rule is not meant to disallow breadcrumbing within the visible text of a message.)
9.) You may not quote logs of communication with other players. You are free to paraphrase.
11.) Failure to send in your vote will result in a "accept" or "pass" vote depending on the phase.
12.) Failure to adhere to the rules will result in replacement based on my discretion.

Voting and Lynching
1.) Each Day, you may vote cast your vote by messaging me and placing your vote. You may change your vote privately until everyone has voted or the phase is over otherwise.
2.) You may not abstain from a vote.
3.) The deliberation phase will end when all votes have been sent.
4.) There is no posting in this thread during the execution phase.

Activity and Deadlines
1.) You are required to post every 48 hours. If you fail to do so, you will be prodded. An accumulation of too many prods (however much I think that is) will result in your replacement depending on the circumstances. When feasible, I will tell you if I'm considering replacing you if feasible. If you will be inactive for an extended period of time, you must notify me in advance. Unexcused or particularly long absences may result in your replacement.
2.) I do not expect to grant deadline extensions, barring extenuating circumstances. In the event I need to replace a player, I may extend the deadline to accommodate the new player. Certain game events may also result in a change of deadline.
3.) Hydras most post on their accounts. If they do not then that hydra's next post must be a copy + paste of their previous post.

Game-specific
1.) The game mod is the game god. However, if you feel the game god happens to be testing your faith by placing an error in the game, then please feel free to point it out via PM
2.) All roles are assigned entirely at random.
3.) All of these rules are written on a dry erase board. In the event of a conflict between these rules and any game-specific rules or mod communication, the game-specific rules/mod communication take precedence.

Sample role PM
You are Resistance aligned and win when your your alignment has succeeded in 3 "execution" phases.

Last edited:

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
This sounds extremely interesting. If one of my other games ends I'll definitely be /in

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Too many games going down at the same time imo. Ran's game and the newbie mafia are about to fill, OS has planned a private game and a lot of people are waiting to join the next round of diplomacy. You're better off waiting with this one.

:059:

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Too many games going down at the same time imo. Ran's game and the newbie mafia are about to fill, OS has planned a private game and a lot of people are waiting to join the next round of diplomacy. You're better off waiting with this one.

:059:
Really? I figure this is a perfect time since the only game actually running ATM is Rake's + W/E mini is happening. I don't expect this to fill up immediately but I don't see a much better time to start getting signups (hopefully 3: ) + what Ryker said about Diplomacy.

Last edited:

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I am interested in this, but from having played it IRL, I am of the opinion that a lot of the game can come down to luck depending on who goes on the first mission. For me, that's fine for a fun social party game, but I'm not sure it's something I want to play by post.

IgnantNoob

Smash Rookie
There's chance factor in all strategic games, including the one we live.

Count me in if it is still running.

Top Bottom