• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Rescue for PAL-smashers - Freeloader for Wii! *Bad news folks*

_Slick_

Smash Ace
My disc and freeloader got shipped on Tuesday of last week...could someone make an estimate of when it they'll come? I want it to be Monday (tomorrow) but my Dad said it'll most likely be Tuesday or Wednesday.

They were both scheduled as "5-10 days".

Also, if Nintendo decide to be arse-holes and block the freeloader, should I buy the Aussie version of Brawl (and possibly some other NTSC games) or should I try to MOD my Wii? o_O

Blackadder

Smash Master
My disc and freeloader got shipped on Tuesday of last week...could someone make an estimate of when it they'll come? I want it to be Monday (tomorrow) but my Dad said it'll most likely be Tuesday or Wednesday.

They were both scheduled as "5-10 days".
Hey, that's neat. I bought mine the day after, and mine was also 5-7 days.
Your dad's right though; They'll most likely arrive Wednesday or Tuesday.

Waiting sucks.
Yeah, I want my Brawl tommorow as well. :(

Also, if Nintendo decide to be arse-holes and block the freeloader, should I buy the Aussie version of Brawl (and possibly some other NTSC games) or should I try to MOD my Wii? o_O
I'm probably going to end up buying the Australian version of Brawl no matter what happens. PAL Melee is slighty edited (For the better, IMO) here, and I'm guessing Brawl will be to. If Nintendo does block the freeloader, MODDING is a popular choice.

It's just one I'm to scared to ever do. :bee:

_Slick_

Smash Ace
Yeah I'm scared of modding because I don't know whee to get one, how to install it...or ya know anything about it...

I don't think PAL Brawl will be edited because of Online play, unless they edit something else or...something... o_O

Dry Bones

Smash Ace
i didnt want to mod my wii either, since i have over $400 worth of virtual console games and i would just about die if my wii got bricked. the freeloader is the best way to go for us poor skippas

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
I'm going to order my Freeloader today from divineo.

However, does anyone have any recommendations on where to order the actual game from? I want the American version, but I've never done this before so I have no idea where to order it from. XD Any suggestions?

Urser

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys! I'm Australian and I just ordered the Brawl and Freeloader package from 365games.co.uk.

It said in the description that it's for UK PAL consoles. I don't have PAL console from the UK (it's from Australia ofcourse), but it should still work, right? I mean, I have some PAL games that have come from the UK and they work fine on my Wii.

Sorry if this is just a crappy question. I get paranoid over these things.

_Slick_

Smash Ace
I'm going to order my Freeloader today from divineo.

However, does anyone have any recommendations on where to order the actual game from? I want the American version, but I've never done this before so I have no idea where to order it from. XD Any suggestions?
I bought my freeloader of Divineo, and my Brawl disc off Play-Asia, since PA are great.

Hey guys! I'm Australian and I just ordered the Brawl and Freeloader package from 365games.co.uk.

It said in the description that it's for UK PAL consoles. I don't have PAL console from the UK (it's from Australia ofcourse), but it should still work, right? I mean, I have some PAL games that have come from the UK and they work fine on my Wii.

Sorry if this is just a crappy question. I get paranoid over these things.
It is a crappy question, seeing as Australian Wii's are PAL.

Urser

Smash Apprentice
I know that it's PAL. But the site specifically stated UK PAL as in United Kingdom. I think all PALs are the same... but eh whatever.

_Slick_

Smash Ace
Well, notice that on he back of Aussie Wii games it says "For use on Pal Wii's" (or something along those lines)? Well if it were only for Australian PAL Wii's, it'd say that.

EDIT: Oh awesome! You're in Brisbane. Me too.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
OK! I submitted my order today. Should get the game and the freeloader within 5 days or so. Let's just hope that I don't have Wii dual layer disc problems when I start the thing up!

_Slick_

Smash Ace
OK! I submitted my order today. Should get the game and the freeloader within 5 days or so. Let's just hope that I don't have Wii dual layer disc problems when I start the thing up!
You shouldn't have any trouble unless your Wii was a launch console, which brings me to my next question (that I sorta just answered...), will my 8 month old Wii play Brawl?

DalzK

Smash Apprentice
Hey just added you toast :)
o yea and other people PM me with your friend code so i know to add you coz I cant follow this thread :p
added you to lee

Kone

Smash Master
Anyone up fro some brawl later today? and do people want to post their msn aswell? easier for me to get in contact and chat to peopke during matches ^_^

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
haven't posted in this thread for ages...

I've Been playing brawl alot. But sadly I can't seem to get an internet connection. I even tried my nintendo usb connector that i had for d/p and that doesn't connect either.

I'm gonna have another go today + I'll let you know how it goes, any tips or need to know info about connecting to teh interwebz?

Also my fave characters are Ice climbers and Dedede who really is just a big ice climber anyway.

Meatnight

Smash Rookie
Someone got the game from "DVDboxoffice"?
How long did it take, tought?
I ordered it last Sunday, and when I ordered it said 5 - 10 days, but now its saying 14+.
I'm really confused, I have the freeloader in my hands and I'm just waiting for Brawl.

Thank you.

(Sorry for my bad english, I'm from Norway.)

dodoromeo

Smash Apprentice
Um, a quick question, is there ANY downsides for me, an Australian, to get the freeloader and play a US brawl? I ask because I dont want my wifi brawls to be stooged... I'm not really sure if brawl's wifi capabilities are region based or whatever... Someone please help me out with this because I am truly dying to play it... T.T

Goronsan

Smash Cadet
Um, a quick question, is there ANY downsides for me, an Australian, to get the freeloader and play a US brawl? I ask because I dont want my wifi brawls to be stooged... I'm not really sure if brawl's wifi capabilities are region based or whatever... Someone please help me out with this because I am truly dying to play it... T.T
There will be some online problems , but thats only for now. Most Pal gamers havent got their copy yet so its just a matter of time really.

Kensei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kenseithomas
Im online now

Pm me your friend code everyone so I can add you back =]

Oh and I see wayyyyy too much Ikes and marths online its getting annoying x__X

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Lol Ken, I agree.
Marth's and Ike's are deadly too.

Zelda against Ike, and marth together is like running into a mine field. So much sword slashing xD

Don't think I've fought a Bowser, Wario, G&W, IC, Mario, etc online yet =[

clace

Smash Journeyman
I love this thread so much I want to cheat on my non-existent girlfriend and make a happy family of little threads.

And I love the way everyone keeps complimenting Kensei. Possibly because I think I won 3/5 of our matches. Ahem. Not bragging.

Anyone else wanna add me? PM me if you do otherwise I won't know.[/I]

AerionTOFAST4U

Smash Apprentice
Someone got the game from "DVDboxoffice"?
How long did it take, tought?
I ordered it last Sunday, and when I ordered it said 5 - 10 days, but now its saying 14+.
I'm really confused, I have the freeloader in my hands and I'm just waiting for Brawl.

Thank you.

(Sorry for my bad english, I'm from Norway.)

Woah your the first person i've meet on these boards that's from norway!!:O I'M FROM NORWAY TOO MAN :d

Hvor i norge bor du da?:)

Meatnight

Smash Rookie
Nesodden. xD
Er du på noen andre forums?
Isåfall, hva heter du der? :)

On-T:

Noone bought the game from DVD box office?

Kone

Smash Master
Hit me up anyone that wants to play on msn :ceddon@hotmail.com im free. Dont wanna sit here refreshing smahsboards. I play lucas/samus btw

Kensei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kenseithomas
clace are you L?

anyways I still don't know what char to use Ive been switching between like 5... while everyone Ive played have 1 or 2 X__x maybe I should stick to 2 or 3...

Anyways I'll be back at 7pm anyone want to play me then?

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
Right I have wifi so anyone wanna quick battle?

2750 0896 9875

Don't have long so pref in the next 5 minutes (from 3:30 uk time.)

EDIT - Had to get off, did some 2 min matches and won them all with dedede/ice climbers (reeeealy laggy though)

I need to find a more stable time for wifi play.

synyker

Smash Rookie
My order of brawl from Movietyme is still saying "Order taken", I ordered and payed it last sunday :< Has anyone else odered their copy from movietyme and have you gotten your game yet? :x

edit: haven't been reading this thread for some days now and don't have the time to do it now, but i'd love to know how is the lag? For example if you play from the same city or the same country, how much will it lag?

Top Bottom