• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Rescue for PAL-smashers - Freeloader for Wii! *Bad news folks*

Woozah

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dizztro
3DS FC
3866-8092-9570
Hey everyone, yes its my first post on this forum, but i have been reading this whole Topic :)
All 62 pages hehe :laugh::laugh:
anyway, big thanks to chrisking, i live in the netherlands myself and the brawl + freeloader from 365 games is a perfect option, so i ordered and payed with paypal so it prolly be shipped today or tommorrow :psycho: cant wait :chuckle:

please keep us updated, specially what kind freeloader method you guys use:
-double boot, update or not, etc

glad to be on this topic (and the forum)

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Freeloader arrived at my friend's. I'm at college, he's playing Brawl, he said it works on his Wii with his Japanese Brawl, and I heard him playing it down the phone, so all is good. I can't wait for a break in my college work, so I can play it ^^

Happy Brawling Europeans!

Tinkerer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2251-4736-2935
Anyone got an order site that doesn't need PayPal, please? I can't seem to find any.
Never mind, ordered Brawl on Play-Asia and the Freeloader on Codejunkies. Play-Asia I'm experienced with, but anyone has his or her CJ shipment shipped yet?

Ganon875

Smash Cadet
Wow.... :dizzy:
I'm just home from college and I see it works from those who have them! :chuckle:

Thanks for the confirmation everyone, please keep us up to date about starting the game without using the update etc.

DalzK

Smash Apprentice
Never mind, ordered Brawl on Play-Asia and the Freeloader on Codejunkies. Play-Asia I'm experienced with, but anyone has his or her CJ shipment shipped yet?
Mine said that it was "shipped" on the 7th (I ordered on the 3rd), But i only just got a confirmation from UPS on the 10th and its status is still "Bill Info Recieve"...

basically what im trying to say is that service from CJ is **** so far :(

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
aw ffs.
Knew something had to go wrong.

I don't think I can use any other TV in the house

LemonManX

Smash Lord
So... by my understanding. If I go through with my plan to import an NTSC copy of Brawl from Play-Asia and a Freeloader from Ozmodchips, my Wii will be able to play Brawl whilst avoiding being bricked?

jamxd

Smash Rookie
Oh and I'll take this opportunity to introduce myself.

I am a UK citizen and have an American Wii and a PAL one. I've imported Brawl from play asia (US version) via FEDEX 1-4 day post. It should arrive tomorrow.

My housemate has also ordered brawl and a freeloader (he has a PAL wii). Freeloader arrived today, but his brawl won't arrive for a good week probably (only just shipped regular postage from play-asia yesterday). We tried out US NMH, it worked fine using the single boot method.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Sorry for the double post, but changed settings on TV, and colour is fine now .
Yus. So happy xD.

auroreon

Smash Ace
I have some spare time so I will copy the entire contents of the leaflet that comes with the freeloader.

FREELOADER - For Nintendo Wii​

For use with euro consoles

Introduction

Freeloader for Wii uses proprietary technology to enable your console to play import games from other regions. Using freeloader for Wii you can now, for example, easily play japanese or U.S. games on any European console.

We recommend you always buy a game designed for your own region wherever possible due to language differences and extra features ect. However there will be occasions when you simply can't obtain a game, or are not prepared to wait many months for a foriegn title to be released in your region :chuckle:. In these cases, Freeloader for Wii is your passport to playing games from any country on your console.

If your one of the many gamers that bought an imported console and you now want to play games from your own country, then Freeloader for Wii is also ideal for this task.
Whichever way you use Freeloader for Wii, no modifications to your console are needed and your console's warranty is kept intact.

Now read on to find out how to get the most out of your Freeloader for Wii.

Getting Started

Follow the simple instructions below to start up Freeloader for Wii.

If the game that you wish to play is from an NTSC region then you may need to first set the display settings to 60Hz. For best results. This setting is found in the Tools Menu on your console.

Insert the Freeloader for Wii disk and it will automatically load and run.

Multiple colour bars on the screen will indicate that Freeloader for Wii is in operation.
The colour bars will appear twice then the drive will stop.

Eject the Freeloader disk and now insert the game disk that you want to play. The game will play as normal.

Game Upgrades

Most game disks have an upgrade program which is loaded before the game application itself.

The purpose of the upgrade program is to update your console, where necessary, with new firmware modules.

When loading a game from another region on your console this upgrade program may have unpredictable results if loaded.

Freeloader for Wii will prevent this upgrade program from being loaded and will only load the main game application.

A number of games will not function unless the upgrade program has been first loaded and so Freeloader has an alternate, selective load method for these games.

Alternative method

Insert the Freeloader for Wii disk and it will automatically load and run.

Multiple colour bars on the screen will indicate that Freeloader for Wii is in operation.
The colour bars will appear twice then the drive will stop.

Eject the Freeloader disk and then RE-INSERT the Freeloader disk once more.

The multiple colour bars will appear twice more and the drive will again stop.

Once again eject the Freeloader disk and now insert the game disk that you want to play.
The game will play as normal and this time the upgrade program will be selectively loaded.

Please be aware that allowing the upgrade program to run may, in a number of cases, still cause unwanted effects.

It is advisable to check through the FAQs at www.codejunkies.com BEFORE you load any game that requires an update program!

Since any game updates can create unwanted results or even incompatibility with the Freeloader, it is recommended that all new games, even ones from your own region, are loaded via Freeloader's alternative selective upgrade method.

CAUTION - Online Upgrades

Freeloader for Wii works with all current versions of the Wii firmware at the time of its release.

No guarantee can be given of compatibility with future firmware releases so if Online Updates are performed on your console this may prevent Freeloader from functioning correctly.

We recommend that you consider the benefits of any Online Upgrade against the possible loss of compatibility with Freeloader and its functions.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Ok, so we know it works on Japanese Brawls and Pal Wiis, but will it work on American Brawl?

Also, with this whole update thing is kind of worrying. We really need a tutorial video or something. I want to make absolutely sure I'm not going to waste money on this thing just to get my Wii bricked. :laugh:

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Nah. It's fine now. Sorted some settings on the TV. Full colour now.
Just played first match with Zelda vs Wario on Bride of Eldin
It's gonna take a lot of getting use to the floatiness, but I love Zelda's buffs so it's OK xD

jamxd

Smash Rookie
Nah. It's fine now. Sorted some settings on the TV. Full colour now.
Just played first match with Zelda vs Wario on Bride of Eldin
It's gonna take a lot of getting use to the floatiness, but I love Zelda's buffs so it's OK xD
I take you you're talking about the US version of the game?
Any change you can get a video up to prove to everyone that it works?

Brawl Lover

Smash Rookie
Freeloader is here...Brawl on Wednesday/Thursday (likely Thursday).

Can anybody say whether they've got it to work with cube games yet?

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
I dunno how to get good quality videos onto the PC =S

If you could tell me how, I'll record a match and upload it to prove it works. =]

Yeah, I have the US version.

Tinkerer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2251-4736-2935
(Just repeating the question as this thread goes faaast)
Any recommended shipping places for Freeloader which don't use PayPal?

And, good that it's working for everyone :)

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
I put the freeloader in, ejected it, put it back in, put Brawl in, an the update, turned the Wii off, then put Freeloader back in, put Brawl in, and it'll recognise the disc and boot up.

chrisking570

Smash Journeyman
to everyone who is still confused, I'm sure what you have to do is;

1 - insert freeloader
2 - eject after lines, disc stops spinning
3 - repeat steps 1 + 2
4 - Insert brawl
5 - update
6 - play

not too sure if step 5 is definate, but from what i have heard it is, and won't brick your wii.

EDIT: lol, me and soluble toast must be on the same wavelength here.

jamxd

Smash Rookie
I dunno how to get good quality videos onto the PC =S

If you could tell me how, I'll record a match and upload it to prove it works. =]

Yeah, I have the US version.
I think people would like to see it load up from inserting the freeloader. What do you have that you can record with?

I think the main question is, did you have to put the freeloader in twice or just once to load brawl?

Influenssa

Smash Cadet
If someone has got US version of Brawl please tell us if it will work without the update on the disc. I might not want to risk bricking my Wii to play Brawl propably only in black and white.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
I have a digital camera, but I dunno how to get Digi camera stuff onto the comp
I'm a newb at stuff like that lolz.

Dunno if I should play SSE right now. I'm having fun just playing against new characters with Zelda. It's gonna take some time getting used to the new mechanics though, so I'm fighting level 3 CPU's xD

LinkZ

Smash Rookie
Bleh. Then, any recommended shipping places which don't use PayPal? (That's not just to you, but to everyone in this topic :))
365games use paypal to process the payment but all you have to do is put your card details in. You don't have to use an actual paypal account (it asked me to login to mine but i told it to send the payment without logging me in).

P.S First post here, trying 365games game+freeloader package, hopefully arriving tomorrow :)

LinkZ

Smash Rookie
i ordered my brawl+freeloader package from 365 and they sent it yesturday, but no delivery today. Guaranteed delivery for tomorrow :)
Did you choose 1st class postage? Most things i order 1st class normally get here the next day.

Ganon875

Smash Cadet
I'm so happy and relieved to hear that it works...
Have fun everyone who already have the game!

*plays the menu theme extremely loud*

Top Bottom