• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Relationship Topic

The Masked Z

Smash Cadet
There is a quote I heard,

"She may look fit, sexy, and sophisticated, but after she's naked with mascara running down her face and she's trying to stuff her thighs into a pair of 2 small jeans at 2 a.m., you realize she's just another person trying to get by."

Crystallion

Smash Ace
I'm having a little problem here:

I'm in a therapy right now, because I've got ADD and Asperger's. Now, I like my therapist, so I had an idea: My boyfriend wouldn't believe me when I told him I was "sick" in a sense. So I told my therapist that she should talk to him about it or write a small article so he could understand better, because by not understanding what's up with me, he hurts me pretty badly.

The same evening, I call him and tell him he should come over some time. Of course, right now he doesn't have the time, he has to work. But then he was getting all angry and stuff and said to me I should "face my **** problems" and "stop making stupid excuses for myself". Plus, he didn't care about what the "psycho lady" had to say, he apparently understands enough of psychology...which means he thinks it's just plain STUPID and should not be allowed near him.

Suffice to say: It hurt...

What should I do about it? How can I talk with someone like that?

Goldberg

Smash Apprentice

I'm in a therapy right now, because I've got ADD and Asperger's. Now, I like my therapist, so I had an idea: My boyfriend wouldn't believe me when I told him I was "sick" in a sense. So I told my therapist that she should talk to him about it or write a small article so he could understand better, because by not understanding what's up with me, he hurts me pretty badly.

The same evening, I call him and tell him he should come over some time. Of course, right now he doesn't have the time, he has to work. But then he was getting all angry and stuff and said to me I should "face my **** problems" and "stop making stupid excuses for myself". Plus, he didn't care about what the "psycho lady" had to say, he apparently understands enough of psychology...which means he thinks it's just plain STUPID and should not be allowed near him.

I think you need to find a way to explain to your boyfriend that therapy is a healthy way to help you solve your problems, maybe he feels a little left out by the fact that you don't seek his help as you would with the therapist.

I can tell you really care about his opinion on the subject, but I don't think he's realized how hurtful he can be (being someone close to you).

Crystallion

Smash Ace
Yeah, problem is: He doesn't want to help me. Yes, I'm a very emotional person (partly not my fault), and he said it's getting on his nerves that I'm always crying (if it gets so much on his nerves, then he should do something about it, but most of the time, he just gets angry and tells me off). We get along as long as I'm a happy positive person, but once I get started on serious things...well, as you can see, it doesn't do much good for both of us.
He said he had relationships with women who caused him to be like he is, meaning he had a sort of "trauma" when one woman was such an emotional wreck that he just had enough. Considering that it isn't even my fault that he had such a relationship, I have to suffer for the things some other person did years ago. Is that really fair? I don't think so...

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer

Reyairia in disguise?!

Maybe you should talk to her about it, she's got ADD and Aspies too.

Top Bottom