• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Real Samus Dittos

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
Even when I was first learning to play Samus, Rohins and I would play Samus dittos on a regular basis. We both learn from each other, yet maintain very distinct playing styles. We've been playing together for well over a year now, and hope that you enjoy these videos, which we recorded in the same vein as the real falco dittos:

Match 1
Match 2
Match 3
Match 4
Match 5

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Lol, I'm gonna check these fights out. I bet they're awesome!!

JEWZFTW

Smash Rookie
phanna was my hero first

1st vid Phanna = p2 Rohins p4
2nd vid Phanna = p2 Rohins p3 (ezpk platforms for the ulti tell)
3rd vid Phanna = p4 Rohins p1
4th vid Phanna = p3 Rohins p2
5th vid Phanna = p1 Rohins p2 (ezpk SWD for the winzorz)

I think those are right who knows... they both noobs :)

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
hehe tru jew :p it shouldn't be too hard to figure out though, just look at the DI :chuckle: (or lack there of)

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
phanna is my hero <3
thanks, I didn't know that robin.

You two need to come up to the next gigabits tourney. You both have interesting and unique samus playstyles, thats cool to see. one thing that bugged me though... the fairs! a lot of time fairs missed where a sweet spotted nair would have connected and when ever the mistake was made you (which ever one of you XD) were quickly punished for it.
At first I was a little caught off gaurd by how often you guys use your second jump to avoid projectiles and attacks, but you seem to watch where and how you land well enough so that it isn't a huge deal. (In most cases where you guys jump I'd drop a bomb to slow my fall or to connect with the projectile so if a follow up attack connects I'm not sent off the stage without my second jump)
You guys have technical, purty speedy, and smart samuses. Hopefully I can ditto you two in the near future.

Oh, and tell me if I've got this right. I think I can tell your play styles apart.
Phana, you like to use your second jump to avoid reaching the full height of your full jump when say there is a missle above you instead of dodging, you use aereal homing missle to keep your opponet pinned on the ground while you fire super missles on the ground.

Robin, you like to use lc'ed fairs to set up for combos into other arials or down smashes or just as a sudo barrier to pervent hasty rush ins. You don't use bombs too much out side of recovery. And you use dair to cover bellow you as you fall. You are paitient and wait for openings as opposed to Phanna's more agressive play style.

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
Hehe I haven't been called Robin since middleschool.

You diagnosed my Samus fairly well. I try to play a patient game and punish my opponents mistakes. I'd say a major flaw with how I play is I don't create enough opennings of my own. I also need to refine my technical game: DI, teching, up B out of shield, and wave shield.

I might be visiting my friend in Orlando for the 18th-19th. If I'm in town I'll be goin to the Gigabits tournament so we can play then if you're goin too!

Vall3y

Smash Lord
good matches
i could recognize phanna by the fancy stuff he used, lol (i think it was phanna :dizzy:)
its fun watching that stuff

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
I encourage everyone to be sure to check out 3:25 to 3:35 of match 4, it's one of my favorite moments in the videos.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I encourage everyone to be sure to check out 3:25 to 3:35 of match 4, it's one of my favorite moments in the videos.
Oh ****, Pillar of Fire!!! I didn't see any Windmill of Fury though. ;)

My guess is slighty different from Jew's. I'm thinking FD threw him off.
1. Rohins=P2 & Phanna=P4
2. Phanna=P2 & Rohins=P3
3. Phanna=P4 & Rohins=P1
4. Phanna=P3 & Rohins=P2
5. Phanna=P1 & Rohins=P2

(with this, I've added a new group to the [post=1357199]video section[/post] of the Florida Thread devoted to the "Real Ditto" series.)

crispyone

Smash Journeyman
hey dave, how do you do real dittos? do you have to use action replay? rohins, are you rick?

on topic: great matches. can your samuses get any more technical? it's true that you two play different styles, but it's nice to see the differences. dave, i liked that section of time in the 4th match (i think it was 3:25 to 3:35) where you both were bombjumping off the side. keep it up you guys.

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
The Windmill of Fury is too technical for me. I'll try to do it next time I get recorded (if I'm comfortable with it that is, I don't want to mess it up :x)

And yeah, I'm Ric. :)

KeepSpeedN

Smash Ace
Man phanna Awsome vids MAN!!!!those fights are incredible. ur my hero!( and yes he was my hero first because i trained with him first >.> when he lived in ft myers!!)

first fight is phanna because hes the only samus i've seen smart enough to do a bomb while in the air

Andromon58

Smash Apprentice
P3 in Match 4 plays just like me...but, well, better.

Same player as P4 in match 3, whoever it is.

Top Bottom