• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Real Reason(s) we're Angry... (In my opinion anyways)

RyuDragonKing

Smash Journeyman
Hey there. Please hear me out before you flame- In fact, if you're going to flame, you might as well not post at all. Mods, if this shouldn't be here, please feel free to remove it.

I've been going through this new.... Revelation, if you will, with my friends, and we all agree.

First and foremost, we're angry because we want INFORMATION. Half the reason most of us like Smash is because we like the surprise of seeing a new character revealed; Said surpise tends to work best when WE DONT ALREADY KNOW ABOUT IT. Which brings me to my next point:

Many of us didn't plan on spoiling ourselves beyond what the dojo tells us initially. I for one was planning on avoiding the Brawl boards altogether until I could get my paws on a copy and play for a night or two. Now I don't know about you people, but I am not the most patient of people; I doubt I'll be able to hold out for a month without visiting these boards or reading the Dojo.

And I'll bet you're thinking by now "OK, thanks for telling me what I already knew, now what?" I made this post simply to see why everyone else was angry-If, in fact, you are.

PS: This isn't a complaint. At least, it's not meant to be. PLEASE DO NOT FLAME!

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
im angry because it is very close to what was the release date, they were already showing commercials and doing magazine spots and stuff.

seriously, they DID NOT GIVE A REASON FOR A DELAY.

why wont they say?

spjd

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if I should be angry. I'm from europe, so it all depends on whether it has been pushed back for us also.
Now I know I come off very selfish right now, but seriously. I am getting very pretty tired of us europeans always getting the games a great deal after everyone else.

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
If it turns out that it is making the game better, then I'm not angry. I could wait (at most) for a year, but by then I would be doubting it would even release.

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
Why I'm angry comes in two parts: what you said, as I was worried about staying away from things for two week,s and now it's over a month, and the fact that Japan got a week delay and we got four weeks. How exactly does THAT add up? A week of ACTUAL work on the game to FOUR weeks of translating? The crap?

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
I don't understand why it had to be delayed a WEEK before it was released.... and just for another week wtf?

What could they need that extra week for?

And why did japan only get a week delay when NA gets an entire month? What could possibly be so different that they need to increase the gap between the two release dates?

Most of all I wish they had given some sort of information as to WHY the game was delayed a week...

It seems like they just did it to annoy us...

XACE-K

Smash Master
I'm angry because they delayed the game for no good reason and Japan has it for a week and the U.S has to wait a f****** month.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I was mad becuse were so close and it was jerked out from me and that Nintendo kept denying the delay in my emails when they new that it was.

RevN

Smash Apprentice
I WAS angry b4 because they delay it right when the release date is so close. If there going to delay it aleast delay sooner.

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
Australia still doesn't have a release date. I couldn't care less that the US gets it later.

Supa_Sonic

Smash Apprentice
All's I got to say is we better be getting Megaman or someone very cool (Midna) in this game as a result of this delay. AHHHHHHH SAKURAI YOU BOGGLE MY MIND!!!!!! :dizzy:

Puffs

Smash Ace
All's I got to say is we better be getting Megaman or someone very cool (Midna) in this game as a result of this delay. AHHHHHHH SAKURAI YOU BOGGLE MY MIND!!!!!! :dizzy:
You made a typo. Megaman and Midna are not cool.

The fact of the matter is: Ridley's phenomenal amounts of awesome keep blowing up the master disc. That's the reason for all of these delays.

Marie_54

Smash Ace
I'm pissed off because they lied yet again and they don't give a good reason... and 5 weeks after Japan is just too much, by the time brawl comes out in the US we are going to know all the secret characters.:urg: and i really can't avoid temptation for 5 weeks:psycho:

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I'm angry because that douche Sakurai took a New Years vacation. We're all thinking "Yeah, he did cause he needs a break and the game is almost done." Only to find out that he delays it yet again!! Dammit it all!

finalark

SNORLAX
You made a typo. Megaman and Midna are not cool.

The fact of the matter is: Ridley's phenomenal amounts of awesome keep blowing up the master disc. That's the reason for all of these delays.
....Urge.... to give..... reasons..... why he won't be in...... rising...... must resist........... if I don't I'll get flamed.............

Anyway I'm angry because he delayed the game no reason. Easy as that.

EDIT: I hate it when the site goes all slow....

LeadPenguin

Smash Cadet
I had a WEEK OFF that oddly enough coincided with the last release date. :( (Although I will get a LOT more personal work done now...)

Tek32

Smash Cadet
Personally, I'm angry because Nintedndo is once again showing favoritism towards the Japanese gamers. Why delay us a month, and only delay the Japanese gamers 1 week? There's absolutely no reason for that to be the way it is. This REALLY just pisses me off to be bluntly honest.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
A month isn't that long. I guess I don't mind that much. I'm pissed that we have to wait longer but at least I can play DMC 4 without rushing. Avoiding these forums may be kind of hard but not impossible. Knowing the game is out will take away some of the fun from being here anyways. Half the fun is the speculation for me.

Sailyfee

Smash Apprentice
Even more things to get angry at!

- 2008 is a leap year, which means we get to wait an extra day!
- March 9th is Daylight Savings, which means we get to lose 1 hr of playtime!

xD I'm not that pissed about the delay. I just won't look forward into the game. On the other hand I'll be surprised when it comes out.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
I'm angry because you fools don't really know why the hell they actually delayed it.

There's already such MASSIVE god**** demand for the game that Japan was RUNNING OUT OF PREORDERS. Though I heard no such story here, the Wii is still almost ridiculously hard to find here--why the hell should they have Brawl in such copious amounts when NOBODY HAS A ****ING WII?!

They're stalling so people can actually play the game instead of having disastrous supply issues. They also want to avoid online issues. That is all.

As of now, the delay did slay my hype--and my care for spoilers. As a matter of fact the only thing I DON'T want to hear now is the ending to SSE.

Wolfgang457

Smash Journeyman
I wasn't happy with the delay because they decided to announce it when Brawl felt realistically within reach. I'm back to my usual anticipating self now :psycho:.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I'm angry because reading about the game on Dojo sucks, I wanna play the ****ing game not read it. Christ.

Top Bottom