• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Real Reason(s) we're Angry... (In my opinion anyways)

M.K

Level 55
I mean, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl came out in Japan September 19.
In America, it came out April 22!
That went by quickly, from what I can remember...

...this shouldn't be SO bad. Once we get the info, it'll fly by.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
No it won't. This is a dam hype killer, just like what the did to LoZ:TP, by the time that stupid game came out no one cared and it barely managed to sell 2-4 copies or some crappy number like that.

19 million Wiis sold and only 4m LoZ copies sold is a sad number.

Superstarmario

Smash Journeyman
Is it just me, or does it seem like every time MGS4 gets pushed back, Brawl does too? They taking turns delaying games or somethin?

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
It'll feel weird as hell to have Brawl in my hands when it's released. I almost want ANOTHER delay.

Sakurai's such a *********.

Shorty82524

Smash Rookie
4million? That's a pretty high number if you think about it, actually (at least for a game), especially when you consider that Super Mario Galaxy hasn't even passed the 1million mark yet in Japan. Anyway, I am angered because, simply, I'll have to wait longer now to play this game I've been hyped about for the past 2 years or so. That and because I was really looking forward to playing Brawl during this hospital stay I have at the end of February, and now I'll have to do that with no Brawl. I know I'll eventually get to play it, and one month isn't THAT long of a wait, plus we'll get to know everything when it comes out in Japan in 2 weeks. My hype hasn't been killed yet...I don't really see why so many of you are saying "liekOMGz mai hype has been teh kiilz" just because of a little 1 month delay...I'm sure all of us have enough patience that we can wait just a little longer....right? ;)

Necrochild313

Smash Apprentice
seriously, they DID NOT GIVE A REASON FOR A DELAY.

why wont they say?
"Due to delays in the completion of Super Smash Bros. Brawl, we’ve had to change the release date of the game to Sunday, March 9th."

Doesn't explain a month vs. a week, but they did give a reason.

ndm508

Smash Journeyman
I really hate people with a positive outlook on this delay. I really do. The anger from everyone brings a slight comfort to my pain. I mean really. This is getting ridiculous.

"only a month!"

that's a month I could be playing this **** game.

I hate people.

Darkjad

Smash Cadet
If it turns out that it is making the game better, then I'm not angry. I could wait (at most) for a year, but by then I would be doubting it would even release.
Me too. I said at IGN that if they delay the game a month to do three days of polishing (not even new stuff, just polishing) I'd take the delay. I've been a fan of Nintendo and Blizzard games for a long time; delays are nothing. (I'm sure Valve fans know what its like as well)

RyuDragonKing

Smash Journeyman
I really hate people with a positive outlook on this delay. I really do. The anger from everyone brings a slight comfort to my pain. I mean really. This is getting ridiculous.

"only a month!"

that's a month I could be playing this **** game.

I hate people.
True that.

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord
I'm trying to remain positive but even I'm starting to have my doubts on this game releasing. I don't know why NOA won't give us a reason for the delay. If they did it would be a lot easier to handle. And how can Nintendo expect us to take their word on 3/9 being the date?

linkmeister

Smash Rookie
"Due to delays in the completion of Super Smash Bros. Brawl, we’ve had to change the release date of the game to Sunday, March 9th."

Doesn't explain a month vs. a week, but they did give a reason.
That doesn't really explain much in my opinion. Actually, I don't even think it should be considered a reason.

I've been waiting too long for this game. Like ndm508 said, it's getting ridiculous.

Zycor

Smash Apprentice
I'm just disappointed... but I'm patient and I'm not some rabid person like some on here with "ZOMG ____ BETTER BE IN OR ______ IS OUT" or something, people seem to like to come up with ridiculous speculations.

Croco

Smash Lord
I'm a bit pissed off.
I feel like someone has the game on a string.. I saw it in the distance and started heading toward it. Then when I was about a few more steps closer it pulls away more then an entire city block.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
im mad cause 1 month compared to a week is CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!
Unless hes doing somthing super special for north americans(somthing i actually wouldnt like cause when i was growing up all those japan only things really ticked me off and i wouldnt want that to happen to them) then the diffrence is redicoulous plus thanks to him being so biased towards japan that will never happen.

We have had enough delays and most have been for the same reason (due to the non-completion of the game). That is the most pointless accuse for a delay. Plus im pretty sure it dosent take 1 month to do translating (it was only a week and a half diffrence before and that made sense to me but 1 month is just......

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
I'm trying to remain positive but even I'm starting to have my doubts on this game releasing. I don't know why NOA won't give us a reason for the delay. If they did it would be a lot easier to handle. And how can Nintendo expect us to take their word on 3/9 being the date?

XD :laugh: Thats what I was getting at in that other forum page remember dude? Iam angry because I feel we been lied to this whole 12+ month wait period for this game.If you dont believe that playas,read the sig. :)

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
US: 1 Month / JPN: 1 Week.

Thats why everyone is mad.

JPN Resident 1: DUDe did you hear? brawl got delayed!!
JPN Resident 2: OH MY GOSH not again, how long -.-?
JPN Resident 1: 7 whole days omfg
JPN Resident 2: oh just a week?... hmm lets go play Nintendogs.

The Protagonist

Smash Cadet
I'm a little peeved because its seems like the whole delay is turning out like another Duke Nukem situation (although, I don't want to jinx it). Secondly, it was going to come out Feb. 10which was the same day as the Super Bowl. That could have an EXCELLENT advertising plan for Brawl to have commercials during that time.

But anyway, I'll be ok. As I probably stated before, I have One Piece Unlimited Adventure and Devil May Cry 4 to look forward to.

Wyvernkni

Smash Cadet
I'm angry because of the way it was delayed so close to the Release Date, and I still haven't seen an acceptable answer. That, and I want to play the darn thing =p. They should at LEAST release a little demo. I'll pay for it.

Layupfreak

Smash Ace
im angry because it is very close to what was the release date, they were already showing commercials and doing magazine spots and stuff.

seriously, they DID NOT GIVE A REASON FOR A DELAY.

why wont they say?
They did, its for more development.

Santini

Smash Journeyman
Actually, I can't wait for the Japan release and infinite knowledge. It's just the extra waiting I'm angry about. And I think a lo of people feel the same way.

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
I'm angry that the guys at Brawl Central. They just keep jumping to conclusions prematurely.

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
I'm angry that the guys at Brawl Central. They just keep jumping to conclusions prematurely.

shadowyoshi2345

Smash Journeyman
im just pissed that they dont have their siht together and cant make a date and stick to it

and i doubt they are doing anymore development with the most recent delay, because if they were, japan would've gotten delayed for longer then a week, probably just for more voice overs and they didnt print enough copies

FaceGuy

Smash Apprentice
I haven't seen them jump to any conclusions. I've seen them mention things which may or may not be true, which they have stated as such. Putting 100% faith into statements like that will only set you up to be disappointed.

I'm not angry, as it was pretty obvious Europe was going to have to wait a while anyway. It's a shame, because in recent years NoE have improved a lot as far as release dates are concerned. We got Minish Cap about a week after Japan and before America, and we got Mario Galaxy the same week as America.

If I was American I'm sure I would be a bit annoyed, but a lot of people here are really over-reacting, and giving reasons which don't make sense a lot of the time.

Top Bottom