• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Project M BRSTM Thread

Yeerk

Smash Journeyman
When looping a brstm in Brawlbox, is there a way to start the song at the beginning, but loop back to a different part?
For example, start the song at 0:00, end at 1:25, and loop back to 0:06? I can't figure it out.

Also, is there a list of downloadable brstm's that have already been made? The huge list at the brawlcustommusic site doesn't seem to be working. Been gone for a while, sorry if this question's been asked.

Mithost

Smash Ace
Locked in a safe floating in the Atlantic Ocean.
When looping a brstm in Brawlbox, is there a way to start the song at the beginning, but loop back to a different part?
For example, start the song at 0:00, end at 1:25, and loop back to 0:06? I can't figure it out.

Also, is there a list of downloadable brstm's that have already been made? The huge list at the brawlcustommusic site doesn't seem to be working. Been gone for a while, sorry if this question's been asked.

I am pretty sure this can be done, I suggest you google "LoopStart" and "LoopEnd" to see if you get any results.

The brawl custom music website is currently up and running. You just have to search for the game/song name you want.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670

That's typically how brstms work.

mYzeALot

Smash Journeyman
Is there anyone who has come across Guile's Theme for any stage or CSS or victory screen?

Giygacoal

Smash Lord

Yeerk

Smash Journeyman
Can someone please point me to a guide for renaming the songs in-game? I found a brawl walkthrough that doesn't work completely for PM. thanksyou.

EDIT: thanks Mithost, Xermos, and 210stuna.

210stuna

Smash Lord
Can someone please point me to a guide for renaming the songs in-game? I found a brawl walkthrough that doesn't work completely for PM. thanksyou.

You don't need to download the files explained in the video, just use the ones already in your P:M build, but make sure to have a back up of them just in case anything happens that you can't fix.

Yeerk

Smash Journeyman
You don't need to download the files explained in the video, just use the ones already in your P:M build, but make sure to have a back up of them just in case anything happens that you can't fix.
Ok, this seems to be the same tutorial that I followed, though it was in a thread on smashboards. The only thing that doesn't work for me is the song titles don't show up in the menus, but they do during matches. I did create a separate "pfmenu2" folder and put menumain in there. The funny thing is, when I ignore that step and just put menumain in the pre-existing "menu2" folder, the song titles show up both places. But then other strange things happen. For instance, all the other menu screens reverted back to the brawl ones (with white background instead of purple), including the stage selection screen that showed stages like Mushroomy Kingdom and Luigi's Mansion (that were removed in PM). Any ideas what I did wrong?

Do I need to remove that original menu2 folder from pf?

210stuna

Smash Lord
Ok, this seems to be the same tutorial that I followed, though it was in a thread on smashboards. The only thing that doesn't work for me is the song titles don't show up in the menus, but they do during matches. I did create a separate "pfmenu2" folder and put menumain in there. The funny thing is, when I ignore that step and just put menumain in the pre-existing "menu2" folder, the song titles show up both places. But then other strange things happen. For instance, all the other menu screens reverted back to the brawl ones (with white background instead of purple), including the stage selection screen that showed stages like Mushroomy Kingdom and Luigi's Mansion (that were removed in PM). Any ideas what I did wrong?

Once I figure out how to use the gct.fusioner and analyzer by reading threads and watching videos, I will connect my build via SD card to my laptop and see how I can help you. I haven't messed with my build like I used to in 2 months, so excuse my memory on where everything is/called. I'll help you soon enough, unless someone beats me to it.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670

Allow me to assist. You do not need a "pfmenu2" folder for the names to apply in your menu. Everything you need is already in the standard P:M files. What you'd need to do is go into the menu2 folder inside "pf" and find mu_menumain.pac. Assuming you're using brawlbox, open it in there and locate "Miscdata[7]," as it's identical to MiscData[140] from "info.pac" inside your info2 folder. To easily transfer the names you've input for info2, just extract MiscData[140] (from info2) and replace MiscData[7] in menumain.

You said your menu reverted back to normal vBrawl, which was most likely caused by you replacing the standard P:M Menumain file with a normal one.

Yeerk

Smash Journeyman
Allow me to assist. You do not need a "pfmenu2" folder for the names to apply in your menu. Everything you need is already in the standard P:M files. What you'd need to do is go into the menu2 folder inside "pf" and find mu_menumain.pac. Assuming you're using brawlbox, open it in there and locate "Miscdata[7]," as it's identical to MiscData[140] from "info.pac" inside your info2 folder. To easily transfer the names you've input for info2, just extract MiscData[140] (from info2) and replace MiscData[7] in menumain.

You said your menu reverted back to normal vBrawl, which was most likely caused by you replacing the standard P:M Menumain file with a normal one.
Xermos, you continue to fulfill my PM needs. That simplified things for me and I was able to figure it out. It's working, thank you.

Once I figure out how to use the gct.fusioner and analyzer by reading threads and watching videos, I will connect my build via SD card to my laptop and see how I can help you. I haven't messed with my build like I used to in 2 months, so excuse my memory on where everything is/called. I'll help you soon enough, unless someone beats me to it.
Thanks for the replies, stu. Let me know what you find that I may benefit from knowing.

OptimistNic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OptimistNic
3DS FC
4682-8455-3463
Music requests (with stage):

Port Town: Aero Drive - Like a Snake (F-Zero GX Port Town theme)
Battlefield - Replace Battlefield (Melee) with the ACTUAL BRSTM from Melee, as the Brawl version deviates from it.
Castle Siege - Replace Fire Emblem (Melee) with the actual BRSTM from Melee (same reason)

Interactive music idea for Port Town stage:
Remember in both Mushroom Kingdom stages in Melee when the music would change when the timer hit 1 minute? I would like to see if it is possible to do the same with the F-Zero GX tracks. By default it plays the CD version which includes both the normal theme and the final lap theme together. Instead, it should continually play the normal version and play the final lap version when the timer hits 1 minute.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Music requests (with stage):

Port Town: Aero Drive - Like a Snake (F-Zero GX Port Town theme)
Battlefield - Replace Battlefield (Melee) with the ACTUAL BRSTM from Melee, as the Brawl version deviates from it.
Castle Siege - Replace Fire Emblem (Melee) with the actual BRSTM from Melee (same reason)

Interactive music idea for Port Town stage:
Remember in both Mushroom Kingdom stages in Melee when the music would change when the timer hit 1 minute? I would like to see if it is possible to do the same with the F-Zero GX tracks. By default it plays the CD version which includes both the normal theme and the final lap theme together. Instead, it should continually play the normal version and play the final lap version when the timer hits 1 minute.

The game doesn't work like that. Melee was hard coded to change the music during the match.
Also, you should check Brawlcustummusic sometime. Everything you asked for is there.

http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/game/2 - F-Zero GX music
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/game/23 - Melee music

GunBuster

Jaded Outcast
I make Brstms out of a plethora of things (anime OP/EDs, BGMS from other games, ect), but I tend to loop them because I don't know how/I'm too lazy to figure out how to set them up properly. when I have some more time, I might post some in this thread?

jayeldeee

Smash Journeyman
It´s the whole song, with a seamless loop at the near end. :)
You sir did the song justice. I had to do the same thing too :)

And I am working on a pack right now, but it'll be a while. I might do different versions of it so you guys might see me post a couple until I can get a final done.

Sebovich

Smash Apprentice
You sir did the song justice. I had to do the same thing too :)

And I am working on a pack right now, but it'll be a while. I might do different versions of it so you guys might see me post a couple until I can get a final done.
Yeah, I kinda liked the entire song and a looping a 30-ish second music clip didn´t suit my tastes. :)

sonicfan7895

Smash Cadet
Hi everyone! I have a bunch of .brstm files to share with you, though none of them are from video games (though one song is styled as 8-bit). If you want to experience such bands as Rush, Dragonforce or Rise Against in Brawl, click this link HERE to go to my MediaFire page. The longest song in the bunch is Black Rose Immortal by Opeth, lasting a good twenty (20) minutes long. Don't believe me? Start a 20-minute long brawl and listen for yourself.

Correction: Certain songs were released prior to respective Guitar Hero iterations.

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
Hey guys, I'm looking to change some tracks for Fountain of Dreams.

Right now I have Fire Emblem (Melee) (tribute to the fact that it's Marth home stage in Melee), and Comet Observatory (Super Mario Galaxy) (it's fitting guys!) but I feel as if it's not enough.

Any recommendations?

Yeerk

Smash Journeyman

Question, for Xermo or whoever can answer. When I download 3.0, will I be able to just replace the two MiscData files with my current ones, or will I have to edit them manually again to get the song titles in the game?

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Question, for Xermo or whoever can answer. When I download 3.0, will I be able to just replace the two MiscData files with my current ones, or will I have to edit them manually again to get the song titles in the game?
The MiscData files for song titles don't affect anything, so you should be able to replace right away.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
can someone pls make a less obnoxious way to make BRSTMs

brawlbox is really awful and I feel like the only reason anyone has to swear by it is because we don't have any other options

Top Bottom