• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Project M BRSTM Thread

Yeerk

Smash Journeyman
I don't know. I just used your youtube link, and plugged it into Audacity and Brawlbox. It was easy to loop.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
can someone pls make a less obnoxious way to make BRSTMs

brawlbox is really awful and I feel like the only reason anyone has to swear by it is because we don't have any other options
People use BBox for BRSTMs? Oh my god, I'm so sorry for you. No wonder you're not having fun.

Use Androu1's BRSTM Maker. Try this link; I'm not sure if it's the most recent one (just found this with Google) but it should work regardless. I've been using it since before BrawlBox even existed and I've never felt the need to switch.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
last I remember, the reason people don't do that is because BBox's brstm encoding is better

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
People use BBox for BRSTMs? Oh my god, I'm so sorry for you. No wonder you're not having fun.
Speak for yourself. BBox is easy and solid. androu1's tool sounds over-the-top as **** from what I've read.

Blue Bombardment

Smash Rookie
I'm currently trying to add custom music to Project M 3.0. I haven't made any changes to it except adding a few custom textures yet I cant seem to get the music replacement working. I've tried putting custom songs in the pf/sounds/strm folder and it's not working for me (yes they are named correctly). When I try to play them in-game it is still using the original song but it sounds different and distorted. I've noticed this also happens on the songs that were already included in the P:M download (25m BGM/Kongo Jungle).

Is this happening to anyone else or just me? Does anyone have a fix?

210stuna

Smash Lord
I haven't tried yet, but I have noticed that the song changes are still in the 'sound' (or whatever folder it is with the .brstm's) yet like you said, the in game title still has the original song name even in the My Music tab as well.

The_NZA

Smash Lord
I'm currently trying to add custom music to Project M 3.0. I haven't made any changes to it except adding a few custom textures yet I cant seem to get the music replacement working. I've tried putting custom songs in the pf/sounds/strm folder and it's not working for me (yes they are named correctly). When I try to play them in-game it is still using the original song but it sounds different and distorted. I've noticed this also happens on the songs that were already included in the P:M download (25m BGM/Kongo Jungle).

I recommend defragging your sd card. Delete everything off it and empty trash. Move everything onto it again.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Has anybody posted a list of where the song codes relate to the stage in Project M?
I'm not sure which songs to replace for stages that have been added to project m like Draculas Castle.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
It should be fairly simple to tell what P:M stage replaces which vBrawl stage. Going into the song adjustment menu and selecting a stage brings up the list of songs for that stage, indicating which stage it originally was. But to simplify it for you:

Dracula's Castle < Luigi's Mansion
Metal Cavern < Mushroomy Kingdom
Peach's Castle < Mario Circuit
Dreamland < Green Greens
Fountain of Dreams < Mario Bros
Hyrule Castle < Bridge of Eldin
Saffron City < Spear Pillar
Yoshi's Story < Yoshi's Island (Melee)
Skyloft < Hanenbow
Distant Planet < Distant Planet
P:M Training Room < Online Practice Stage
Fourside < New Pork City
Jungle Japes (N64) < 75M
Rumble Falls M < Rumble Falls

You can then name brstms accordingly for tracks on those stages. I should make a notepad of this later.

sharpman5000

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0130-1852-6914
brstm song loop request?

Not sure if this how this works, but, is this how this works here?

Can I make requests here?

Mithost

Smash Ace
Locked in a safe floating in the Atlantic Ocean.
You can make a request here, but nobody is sworn to do your request. Some magnificent people have done a few of the requests made in this thread though, so it's worth a shot.

I'm also looking to re-compile the codeset for the uniform BRSTM volume switch. If anyone has already done it, it would be awesome if you could upload it here.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
I'm also looking to re-compile the codeset for the uniform BRSTM volume switch. If anyone has already done it, it would be awesome if you could upload it here.
041CA05C 388000XX

Where XX is a number between 01-and 128. Personally use 85 or 90 for my game.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I'm trying to force myself to use Final Destination without custom textures for a little while, but it's sooo hard to find fitting songs without any theme =/

(And the background is still so ugly, damn it)

ManoxMano

Smash Journeyman
I've been making some Brstms of my own but I'm a bit worried about the size of them. I had a 2 minute-ish brstm with the size of 3-4 MB, and a 4 minute brstm at 12 MB.
What do you guys usually do to lower the size of your songs? For back round information, I equalize and convert my mp3 to wav through audacity, and encode them with BrawlBox

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
I've been making some Brstms of my own but I'm a bit worried about the size of them. I had a 2 minute-ish brstm with the size of 3-4 MB, and a 4 minute brstm at 12 MB.
What do you guys usually do to lower the size of your songs? For back round information, I equalize and convert my mp3 to wav through audacity, and encode them with BrawlBox
BRSTMs will naturally take up a lot of space as they're encoded from .wav files, which take up a lot of space on their own as they're raw audio files. If you're concerned about the size of them, which you shouldn't unless they're 40MB, then lower the audio quality of them. Of course, if you care about music, then that isn't recommended.

ManoxMano

Smash Journeyman
I was only worried because I saw some brstms on the OP that were like 2-3 MB so I thought I was messing up somewhere, thanks for the reply

Shoto

Smash Apprentice
You can make a request here, but nobody is sworn to do your request. Some magnificent people have done a few of the requests made in this thread though, so it's worth a shot.

I'll do all requests for BRSTM.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Hey guys, I recently updated my PM 3.0 with custom music and I'm having an issue. On Yoshi's Island the music works perfectly but the random stage sounds (bells and jingles) are still there which really defeats the purpose of epic music. Is there anything I can do to remove those sounds?

Yeerk

Smash Journeyman
Would someone be willing to make a BRSTM of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C43P5_N3KXA ? It's Kraid's Lair theme from Zero Mission. The one on Brawlcustommusic has static, unfortunately.

I would greatly appreciate it!
I used a different youtube video of the same song, cause that one sounded a little static-y to me. I hope that's ok, let me know how it sounds.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/95r78oqq7w1cnt4/Metroid-+Zero+Mission+Music+-+Kraid%27s+Lair.brstm

Hope you like the loop points!
http://www.mediafire.com/download/qnc1sjrdojoiz3r/Anamanaguchi - Planet.brstm
http://www.mediafire.com/download/7mdxsr1af3rvrn7/Graphiqs Groove - Deep Sky Blue (1).brstm

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
it's not a matter of whether it works or not, it's the quality. Youtube conversions are ****ty. It's better to find an official mp3 or rip of the song.

Top Bottom