• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Professor Layton for Smash Ultimate support thread! See OP for where to meet us next after the boards close. Thank you for all your support!

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Out for lunch, and it's a very long thread so it'll take longer than a minute, but this is what I've done so far.

As has been promised... So begins the thread of curious files from Layton's Mystery Journey!

First off, I want to clear up a few things. This game is harder to crack than the others, it uses proprietary formats created by Level-5, and there are still no tools to open many of them. So I'll do what I can with what I can access.

Specifically, the mobile version is less accessible, so I'll do a mix of the 3DS and mobile versions.

I'll start by commenting on a few things about the mobile version. A few days ago I put up a video that's found within the game, but I'll repost it for anyone who hasn't seen it. It's an animated scene that's unfinished in a couple of shots.

In the 3DS version the animated sequence has been replaced by this [a video of the word m022] so that can only be found in the mobile version. There are two scenes in a similar state on 3DS, so there were probably two other scenes like the previous that were wiped.

Still on the animated sequences, oh surprise, they're in 720p on mobile and 240p on 3DS (the latter can't be on any other format so it's ok).

Something else that caught my attention is that these videos have audio divided into two tracks, one for sound effects and music and a separate voice track. Come on, this is great material for fandubs.

I can't understand the reason for this. You see, I just found a file containing the names of many characters from the saga, but they're in Japanese even in the Western version.

It's located within a folder named Secret, which is were things from the extras section are usually stored. But there's a ton of names: Hershel, Emmy, Luke, Descole...
This is a very interesting read so far. Take your time, no rush, and thanks a lot for the help!

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I'm back. I'm really sorry for the wait, but I hope it's worth it.

Maybe they were planning to make files for them, or something like that, but the idea was scrapped... Heads-up, this isn't the only thing scrapped from the game. It's clear that Lady Layton was going to be very different than what we know.

Let's take a look at the game's characters. It angers me, but I can't access their 3D models as-is, so we'll have to do with textures and the like. If you're curious, these are Kat's textures.

On 3DS all dresses are in the game, even the DLCs and Japan exclusives. In case you don't know them, here are the two dresses that were never unlockable here.

The one on the left is from The Snack World, a Level-5 game due for localization in 2020. #Level5PayMeForTheAd And the one on the right, needless to say, is from Inazuma Eleven.

Both dresses are easy to unlock on 3DS using cheats/tricks [the word in Spanish is the same for both, from now on I'll use cheats for brevity], however on mobile, things are more complicated. PS: I'm looking for a Japanese Android savefile with the dresses unlocked.

And speaking of saves, know that the 3DS and mobile versions use the same savefile format, so you can use your savefiles across versions. As long as you have a modded 3DS, of course.

Continuing with dresses, there's also Kat's nightgown, which many of you might not know because it was unlocked for a limited time with the promotional game called Real World Puzzle Solving.

If you didn't have a chance to participate, it was basically a website were puzzles that were literally spread around the world were posted. People had to go to those places to find the puzzles and solve them.

When you solved the puzzles, you got points that let's say helped you unlock the nightgown and the Ashalanti furniture ingame. Sadly, nowadays they can only be unlocked through cheats.

With that said, let's turn to something important. Within the game, there are two folders that should hold two characters. Sadly, they have no 3D models, only an image with a Japanese name in each.

Let's do something, I propose we see if you can guess who they are. I'll give you two hints: both are well-known characters, and Akihiro, before Lady Layton's launch, said one of them would be in the game, but in the end it wasn't so. Let's see how many of you guess.

Start saying both names. At the end of the thread I'll name those who guess and say the answer. Good luck!!

I'll leave you here a few 3D models I got out of the game by substituting them for Katrielle's dresses.

Let's leave the characters alone, now it's time for the detective agency's furniture. There's also a few pieces that are Japan exclusive or hard to unlock.

Among the game's maps there's this image. Literally, according to our trusty Google Phone translator:
Area: River Thames
Guide-map: Clara-Edwards
Maybe some eliminated area? [I know katakana and I can vouch for that translation]

If anyone was wondering how stages are stored on the 3DS, well here you go. Ladies and gentlemen, Scotland Yard.

There's a stage that's unmade, there's only one image that indicates what should have been in it. In this case it says Restaurant [this translation is also accurate]. I imagine at some point the restaurant Kat frequents was going to be a playable setting.

I imagine it was this stage, which is in the last folder of all. In the end it was used as a still image for the food minigame.

I've found these two images. The first one I don't understand what it could've been for. And in the second one, it says in Japanese: "The movie will be shown. It's a temporary material." It appears that it was used as a test before they had the opening cinematic.

This I have no ****ing idea about what it was for, but there it is. Anyway not even they knew.

I remember in the first trailer for Lady Layton, in these puzzles, it was Katrielle shown holding the flashlight and not a random man. Unfortunately, there's no trace of that anymore.

I just looked it up, this is what I meant.

There's two deleted puzzles over here. I'll relay them: "A butcher has mistakenly labeled the pork as NO 1 BEEF (Beef is beef) [Riveting translation, I know] Add one piece of tape so that the label doesn't lie". Answers through PM, now. [I got it!]

Second puzzle: "One afternoon, I found a peculiar sign on a store in the city. Can you interpret the sign to figure out what they sell in said store?" [I don't got it]

Here's a few more images in Japanese, I don't know what they say [I'll get around to them later]

If Akihiro wrote them, he was feeling chatty, because here's some more.

Finally, only two people have dared make the gamble: @PauMeans and @HijadeAshalanti. Although only @PauMens [sic] guessed one of them. And as promised, here's the answer. The two scrapped characters are: Luke... and Flora. [Those are indeed their names in katakana]

Even though I wasn't able to find the interview in which Akihiro confirmed Luke's presence in the game, in this article from Nintenderos you can verify that he did talk about it.

Though in Flora's case it was definitely a surprise. Akihiro was this close to taking down all of the jokes about Flora's bullying. Maybe this means it's very likely that we'll see her in the future.

As I've said, there's nothing from these characters in the game except these images. I tried to change their files for one of Kat's dresses, but even though the game recognized them, it didn't display anything other than the image in question.

The game would have been very different with these two characters. These three together looking for Hershel would have been great. But we all know how Lady Layton ended up. Personally, I notice it's an incomplete game, and it doesn't look a lot like what they'd thought of at the beginning.

And well, with that said, I don't think there's anything else to comment about the game. I hope you've liked the thread. What will be the next game? Well I don't know, I'll take suggestions, but I'll probably end up doing whatever I feel like doing.

And as you know, if you have any question about the thread or the files, you can make it.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

Maybe they were planning to make files for them, or something like that, but the idea was scrapped... Heads-up, this isn't the only thing scrapped from the game. It's clear that Lady Layton was going to be very different than what we know.

Let's take a look at the game's characters. It angers me, but I can't access their 3D models as-is, so we'll have to do with textures and the like. If you're curious, these are Kat's textures.

On 3DS all dresses are in the game, even the DLCs and Japan exclusives. In case you don't know them, here are the two dresses that were never unlockable here.

The one on the left is from The Snack World, a Level-5 game due for localization in 2020. #Level5PayMeForTheAd And the one on the right, needless to say, is from Inazuma Eleven.

Both dresses are easy to unlock on 3DS using cheats/tricks [the word in Spanish is the same for both, from now on I'll use cheats for brevity], however on mobile, things are more complicated. PS: I'm looking for a Japanese Android savefile with the dresses unlocked.

And speaking of saves, know that the 3DS and mobile versions use the same savefile format, so you can use your savefiles across versions. As long as you have a modded 3DS, of course.

Continuing with dresses, there's also Kat's nightgown, which many of you might not know because it was unlocked for a limited time with the promotional game called Real World Puzzle Solving.

If you didn't have a chance to participate, it was basically a website were puzzles that were literally spread around the world were posted. People had to go to those places to find the puzzles and solve them.

When you solved the puzzles, you got points that let's say helped you unlock the nightgown and the Ashalanti furniture ingame. Sadly, nowadays they can only be unlocked through cheats.

With that said, let's turn to something important. Within the game, there are two folders that should hold two characters. Sadly, they have no 3D models, only an image with a Japanese name in each.

Let's do something, I propose we see if you can guess who they are. I'll give you two hints: both are well-known characters, and Akihiro, before Lady Layton's launch, said one of them would be in the game, but in the end it wasn't so. Let's see how many of you guess.

Start saying both names. At the end of the thread I'll name those who guess and say the answer. Good luck!!

I'll leave you here a few 3D models I got out of the game by substituting them for Katrielle's dresses.

Let's leave the characters alone, now it's time for the detective agency's furniture. There's also a few pieces that are Japan exclusive or hard to unlock.

Among the game's maps there's this image. Literally, according to our trusty Google Phone translator:
Maybe some eliminated area? [I know katakana and I can vouch for that translation]

If anyone was wondering how stages are stored on the 3DS, well here you go. Ladies and gentlemen, Scotland Yard.

There's a stage that's unmade, there's only one image that indicates what should have been in it. In this case it says Restaurant [this translation is also accurate]. I imagine at some point the restaurant Kat frequents was going to be a playable setting.

I imagine it was this stage, which is in the last folder of all. In the end it was used as a still image for the food minigame.

I've found these two images. The first one I don't understand what it could've been for. And in the second one, it says in Japanese: "The movie will be shown. It's a temporary material." It appears that it was used as a test before they had the opening cinematic.

This I have no ****ing idea about what it was for, but there it is. Anyway not even they knew.

I remember in the first trailer for Lady Layton, in these puzzles, it was Katrielle shown holding the flashlight and not a random man. Unfortunately, there's no trace of that anymore.

There's two deleted puzzles over here. I'll relay them: "A butcher has mistakenly labeled the pork as NO 1 BEEF (Beef is beef) [Riveting translation, I know] Add one piece of tape so that the label doesn't lie". Answers through PM, now. [I got it!]

Second puzzle: "One afternoon, I found a peculiar sign on a store in the city. Can you interpret the sign to figure out what they sell in said store?" [I don't got it]

Here's a few more images in Japanese, I don't know what they say [I'll get around to them later]

Finally, only two people have dared make the gamble: @PauMeans and @HijadeAshalanti. Although only @PauMens [sic] guessed one of them. And as promised, here's the answer. The two scrapped characters are: Luke... and Flora. [Those are indeed their names in katakana]

Even though I wasn't able to find the interview in which Akihiro confirmed Luke's presence in the game, in this article from Nintenderos you can verify that he did talk about it.

Though in Flora's case it was definitely a surprise. Akihiro was this close to taking down all of the jokes about Flora's bullying. Maybe this means it's very likely that we'll see her in the future.

As I've said, there's nothing from these characters in the game except these images. I tried to change their files for one of Kat's dresses, but even though the game recognized them, it didn't display anything other than the image in question.

The game would have been very different with these two characters. These three together looking for Hershel would have been great. But we all know how Lady Layton ended up. Personally, I notice it's an incomplete game, and it doesn't look a lot like what they'd thought of at the beginning.

And well, with that said, I don't think there's anything else to comment about the game. I hope you've liked the thread. What will be the next game? Well I don't know, I'll take suggestions, but I'll probably end up doing whatever I feel like doing.

And as you know, if you have any question about the thread or the files, you can make it.
That was a very interesting read, thanks again for the translations GoodGrief.
This may not be too interesting to know for the Smash fanbase, but this is a pretty significant thing to know for the Layton fanbase. To think that the game might have been very different to what it is today.

It would have been interesting too see Kat meet up with Luke and Flora and investigate about Layton's whereabouts together, but I suppose if the anime is anything to go by, they decided to take a different route entirely.

I suppose it may have also been because they wanted to focus more on the new cast of characters as well as the episodic cases thing the game had going on.

Guess it remains to be seen what they will be doing with the Switch entry then.

AmphabulouSnake

Smash Journeyman
Do you guys think they would include musics from the Eternal Diva like I wrote in my moveset prediction?

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Do you guys think they would include musics from the Eternal Diva like I wrote in my moveset prediction?
Its kind of hard to tell, we do have content that originated from other outside media such as Ash-Greninja and Advent Children Cloud. We never had any songs though I think, It might depend on whatever additional legal issues may arise. But that might depend more on if Level-5 themselves fully owns all the songs I suppose.

We might be able to get at least a spirit of Janice Quatlane or something though, maybe...

Last edited:

AmphabulouSnake

Smash Journeyman
Right, because I believe adult Luke could potentially be an echo fighter of Layton, and since Luke's own theme was only in the movie I was wondering if they could take it as a base for the next games in the series :-/

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Right, because I believe adult Luke could potentially be an echo fighter of Layton, and since Luke's own theme was only in the movie I was wondering if they could take it as a base for the next games in the series :-/
That depends. Now that I'm thinking about it, Didn't Smash also include some songs of a few commercials before? Like Pikmin and I think the cooking Navi thing and whatnot...
Also from what I've heard, Ridley spinning Mario's cap in his reveal trailer was apparently a reference to a Metroid manga that is apparently canon to the games too.

If that's the case then I suppose we could get some stuff from Eternal Diva as well. Or at least some references to it.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
That depends. Now that I'm thinking about it, Didn't Smash also include some songs of a few commercials before? Like Pikmin and I think the cooking Navi thing and whatnot...
Also from what I've heard, Ridley spinning Mario's cap in his reveal trailer was apparently a reference to a Metroid manga that is apparently canon to the games too.

If that's the case then I suppose we could get some stuff from Eternal Diva as well. Or at least some references to it.
arent those songs owned by nintendo? which were unsure about in regards to the eternal diva

you know we might all be over thinking this

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
arent those songs owned by nintendo? which were unsure about in regards to the eternal diva

you know we might all be over thinking this
Probably yeah, the songs reappeared in the Layton's Mystery Journey anime.
So Level-5 probably owns them. Then again, I think the studio's that did the Layton movie and anime is the same ones that do the Pokemon movies and anime and the Pokemon anime also tends to feature some songs from the movies so who knows I guess....

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Probably yeah, the songs reappeared in the Layton's Mystery Journey anime.
So Level-5 probably owns them. Then again, I think the studio's that did the Layton movie and anime is the same ones that do the Pokemon movies and anime and the Pokemon anime also tends to feature some songs from the movies so who knows I guess....
Ah, you mean Oriental Light & Magic? That would make sense. Heck, said Pokémon anime generally does use songs from their games too. Not that implausible, really.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Ah, you mean Oriental Light & Magic? That would make sense. Heck, said Pokémon anime generally does use songs from their games too. Not that implausible, really.
OLM yes. Although I heard their pretty strict when it comes to copyright. At least on Youtube.
I don't know how they are when their content is used in games though.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Hey I've added you to the supporters list Azcorban, welcome on board!

By the way, I've come across something very interesting on Twitter.
Someone apparently went on datamining Layton's Mystery Journey. Its in Spanish though so we'll probably have to make do with google translate (unless any of you here know Spanish)

The user goes over a lot of unused, event based, Japan only and cut content in the game.
Now here is the interesting part. Apparently there are two cut character files (Think Forbidden Seven from Brawl) and they are files for Luke and Flora.
Luke makes sense as I believe Hino has stated before LMJ's initial release that Luke would appear in the game and be a bit of a guidance figure for Kat (I think), though when the game came out, he was nowhere to be found, which confused a lot of fans.

Flora is unironically a bit more of a surprise, especially as King Sonnn Dededoo said yesterday. Level-5 has had a very poor track record with that character in the past and more or less implying that they had abandoned her completely after the original trilogy. So its interesting to see that they did indeed planned to bring her back after all.

Luke's return is more or less a given, especially thanks to the anime, but hopefully this will mean that seeing Flora return to the series is a bit more likely now and that she will finally get her long overdue character development come Layton Switch. Guess only time will tell.
Out for lunch, and it's a very long thread so it'll take longer than a minute, but this is what I've done so far.

As has been promised... So begins the thread of curious files from Layton's Mystery Journey!

First off, I want to clear up a few things. This game is harder to crack than the others, it uses proprietary formats created by Level-5, and there are still no tools to open many of them. So I'll do what I can with what I can access.

Specifically, the mobile version is less accessible, so I'll do a mix of the 3DS and mobile versions.

I'll start by commenting on a few things about the mobile version. A few days ago I put up a video that's found within the game, but I'll repost it for anyone who hasn't seen it. It's an animated scene that's unfinished in a couple of shots.

In the 3DS version the animated sequence has been replaced by this [a video of the word m022] so that can only be found in the mobile version. There are two scenes in a similar state on 3DS, so there were probably two other scenes like the previous that were wiped.

Still on the animated sequences, oh surprise, they're in 720p on mobile and 240p on 3DS (the latter can't be on any other format so it's ok).

Something else that caught my attention is that these videos have audio divided into two tracks, one for sound effects and music and a separate voice track. Come on, this is great material for fandubs.

I can't understand the reason for this. You see, I just found a file containing the names of many characters from the saga, but they're in Japanese even in the Western version.

It's located within a folder named Secret, which is were things from the extras section are usually stored. But there's a ton of names: Hershel, Emmy, Luke, Descole...

Hey I was thinking about reposting this Twitter thread and translation to the Professor Layton subreddit since I think a lot of Layton fans would find it interesting. Just wanted to check in to see if that's ok since y'all did all the work, I'll make sure to give you and this thread a shout out.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Hey I was thinking about reposting this Twitter thread and translation to the Professor Layton subreddit since I think a lot of Layton fans would find it interesting. Just wanted to check in to see if that's ok since y'all did all the work, I'll make sure to give you and this thread a shout out.
Oh, sure, no problem. It would be my honor to be of any help!

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Certainly, go ahead, like I said. I'm sure this would interest a lot of Layton fans with this find.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
to be fair the pokemon anime stuff is fairly low key
I mean, they outright name dropped Ash in Pokemon Trainer's trophy back in Smash 4.
Misty's trophy in Melee was also based off her anime appearance. And the Pokemon's personalities are largely based off their anime counterparts. Especially with Mewtwo and Lucario.

There is probably more too besides the obvious Ash-Greninja but that's just off the top of my head.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I mean, they outright name dropped Ash in Pokemon Trainer's trophy back in Smash 4.
Misty's trophy in Melee was also based off her anime appearance. And the Pokemon's personalities are largely based off their anime counterparts. Especially with Mewtwo and Lucario.

There is probably more too besides the obvious Ash-Greninja but that's just off the top of my head.
The Greninja in smash is straight up Ash's Greninja though.
that all seemed low key to me

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
that all seemed low key to me
I mean, do you want them to outright show Ash himself?
Closest thing to that would probably be the person walking behind Pikachu in the original Smash 64 intro who was wearing the same pants and shoes as Ash did in the original Pokemon anime series.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I mean, do you want them to outright show Ash himself?
Closest thing to that would probably be the person walking behind Pikachu in the original Smash 64 intro who was wearing the same pants and shoes as Ash did in the original Pokemon anime series.
no i just mean that over all the anime stuff is pretty small in comparison to all the stuff that could attributed to any canon or the games

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
no i just mean that over all the anime stuff is pretty small in comparison to all the stuff that could attributed to any canon or the games
Oh, then in that case yeah. Yeah they just tend to be small cameo's here and there.
Eternal Diva is canon to the main series games though so it remains to be seen how that would be handled, if it would be acknowledged at all.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Oh, then in that case yeah. Yeah they just tend to be small cameo's here and there.
Eternal Diva is canon to the main series games though so it remains to be seen how that would be handled, if it would be acknowledged at all.
yeah we have no way of knowing until it happens

amageish

Smash Master
Wow, I've fallen behind in this thread... Guess I missed a notification somewhere.

I suppose so, though then again, how high up was Atlus in regards to the speculation community? I don't really remember them being brought up that frequently either besides the likes of RelaxAlax and Alpharad pushing for Joker in Smash.
From what I've heard they where kind of on the same boat as Level-5 as far as notoriety went (as well as how they mainly supported the handheld side of Nintendo)

Unless Atlus stole Level-5's thunder, I suppose they'd have a chance of being at least considered by Nintendo for an inclusion I suppose.
Talking ATLUS and Level-5 at once?!?! Is it Christmas already?

I would somewhat regularly search for both Level-5 and ATLUS on Reddit/GameFAQs last summer and I'd say that they were both pretty close as companies. If someone was making a "Let's talk about companies that should be added for Ultimate," then they would definitely mention both of them - and the few who wouldn't would have ATLUS/Level-5 be brought up in the comments. Neither were super speculated as likely, but both were seen as holes in the roster (if the roster were to include every company that regularly supports Nintendo).

Joker's inclusion has kind of blown up Smash speculation though (even though it does make a lot of sense if you consider him as an ATLUS rep), so Layton being less-focused on in current speculation is probably just because (i) nobody has mentioned him in a fake leak that happened to go viral and (ii) people expect something random and completely unpredictable, while Layton has seemingly been trapped in the third-tier of "Pretty likely I guess?" for the last 3 speculation cycles.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Wow, I've fallen behind in this thread... Guess I missed a notification somewhere.

I would somewhat regularly search for both Level-5 and ATLUS on Reddit/GameFAQs last summer and I'd say that they were both pretty close as companies. If someone was making a "Let's talk about companies that should be added for Ultimate," then they would definitely mention both of them - and the few who wouldn't would have ATLUS/Level-5 be brought up in the comments. Neither were super speculated as likely, but both were seen as holes in the roster (if the roster were to include every company that regularly supports Nintendo).

Joker's inclusion has kind of blown up Smash speculation though (even though it does make a lot of sense if you consider him as an ATLUS rep), so Layton being less-focused on in current speculation is probably just because (i) nobody has mentioned him in a fake leak that happened to go viral and (ii) people expect something random and completely unpredictable, while Layton has seemingly been trapped in the third-tier of "Pretty likely I guess?" for the last 3 speculation cycles.
as atlus in its current form is part of sega the company is technically already part of smash

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

I guess that's good to know.

I suppose the times where Layton discussion was most prevalent during Smash 4 was during some of the rumours that where spread around, such as the ONM thing and Christopher Miller's tweets.

It is true that rumours do tend to make some character supports more vocal, especially the more viral rumours. It definitely helped out characters like Skull Kid, Mach Rider and Chorus Kids etc.

Speaking of voice actors, the whole Union talk at the newcomer discussion thread got me thinking.
Is Christopher Miller (Hershel's voice actor) under any sort of Union?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
yeah i remember little bits of their review of the curious village
Yeah, in fact, it was their promotion of Curious Village and the rest of the Layton series that got me and my sister interested in trying out the series as soon as we got the DSI and tried the series out for the first time. So I more or less owe my dedication for the series to them.

A fun fact as well is that Professor Layton was the only third party character that was featured on the front cover of their final issue among various Nintendo characters, even over the likes of Sonic and Megaman, these guys really adored the prof.

Had they been around just a little longer, I'm sure they would have helped drum up support for the Prof during the ballot period but yeah....

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, in fact, it was their promotion of Curious Village and the rest of the Layton series that got me and my sister interested in trying out the series as soon as we got the DSI and tried the series out for the first time. So I more or less owe my dedication for the series to them.

A fun fact as well is that Professor Layton was the only third party character that was featured on the front cover of their final issue among various Nintendo characters, even over the likes of Sonic and Megaman, these guys really adored the prof.

Had they been around just a little longer, I'm sure they would have helped drum up support for the Prof during the ballot period but yeah....
well at least they helped the fandom grow while they could

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Pretty much yeah.

By the way, I don't want to call too much attention towards it in case Nintendo is up to their usual tricks again (Even though they hardly take down rom hacks, nor does the franchise belong to them but still, better be safe than sorry)

But have any of you heard about this fan made Layton project that some fans are working on? From what I've seen of it, it seems to be shaping up pretty nicely so far.

Hopefully it will go well and we'd potentially see more of these kind of fan projects coming along for the Layton series in the future.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Pretty much yeah.

By the way, I don't want to call too much attention towards it in case Nintendo is up to their usual tricks again (Even though they hardly take down rom hacks, nor does the franchise belong to them but still, better be safe than sorry)

But have any of you heard about this fan made Layton project that some fans are working on? From what I've seen of it, it seems to be shaping up pretty nicely so far.

Hopefully it will go well and we'd potentially see more of these kind of fan projects coming along for the Layton series in the future.
Heard about nothing, what is it precisely?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Heard about nothing, what is it precisely?
Its a fan project called Professor Layton and the Unbreakable Nightmare. A romhack that goes over Professor Layton and Pandora's/Diabolical Box with a brand new story and puzzles to solve.

They post updates every so often at the Professor Layton reddit page, they also have a Twitter and Discord group if you want to follow their progress more closely. They even have some custom songs that you can take a listen to if you want.

Last edited:

Azcorban

Smash Cadet
Its a fan project called Professor Layton and the Unbreakable Nightmare. A romhack that goes over Professor Layton and Pandora's/Diabolical Box with a brand new story and puzzles to solve.

They post updates every so often at the Professor Layton reddit page, they also have a Twitter and Discord group if you want to follow their progress more closely. They even have some custom songs that you can take a listen to if you want.
That's interesting. Are they using new backgrounds and stuff or are they recycling the ones from Pandora's?
Also, could you provide a link to their sites?

Top Bottom