• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The problem with Brawl: It's Community

SwampFox

Smash Cadet
I'll get right to the point. I've been around these and others boards for some time now and have to say that the worst thing about Brawl, hands down, is you guys, me, the fan base. Now my gripe isn't the fact that most of us are jerks.. but most of us ARE jerks. I mean look at us..instead of helping newcomers, the majority of the time folks tell them they suck and to get better..well that's hardly a big issue but...
I also find it rather disturbing that the majority of the Smash community has this sort of ignorant "Play to win" mentality. This has been popping up more recently as of late because of in game finds that deem certain character's unusable in certain match ups or situations, and the community rather than trying to think of positive feedback or ways to help tend to reply with blunt, lackluster responses. It seems that a lot of the people who play Brawl are the type who enjoy exploitation in any way possible, and have no problem whatsoever in taking advantage of cheap tactics (always claiming that they play to win). So what is it that causes this community to act like a bunch of bratty kids, who only care about themselves and rarely about the game they play?
Now of course not everyone falls under this category, but most of you do. Don't you think that a better attitude towards making the game more enjoyable for everyone could help? Or should the Smash community remain how it is for the most part,Playing the role of the elitist whenever possible, and doing whatever it takes to win?

This is not directed at any individuals, and I don't mean to try to start a flame-war or to troll..but I can only read so much crap before I stop and think about the majority of the people who play this game.. and how much better it could likely be if we didn't all suck so much.

LuLLo

Smash Ace
Well, first of all, you start bashing the so called ''elitists'' with your opinion about ''Cheap Tactics''...They aren't cheap, the improve gameplay, I thought that members of these boards have figured that out about now...
Anyway, it's not the ''elitists'' that ruin the fun, it's people who keep on saying Brawl is a bad game...
Also, your disturbance about the ''playing to win'' mentality is pretty disturbing to me, I mean, everyone plays the game how they want to play it, and who are YOU to judge wether the mentality people have is good or bad? Basically, YOU are the one who's putting people in boxes and YOU are the one who is complaining to us about something you yourself are doing, you are putting us up with a ''how to play with fun'' manual or something, when really, it's THIS simple...LET PEOPLE PLAY HOW THEY WANT TO PLAY!!
And I've said it once, the thing r@ping this community is not the ''play to win'' mentality, it's the people who think it's a bad game and keep on posting bad things on these forums, when really they should just go play Melee and stop whining..

Reyairia

Smash Champion
We're all a bunch of sexually frustrated nerds, what did you expect? :bee:
In all honesty, it isn't hard to figure out why trolls are attracted like bees to honey here. Although we're not bad once you get to know us.

Twin Dreams

Smash Ace
This community, from what I understand, was based on a group of people playing smash competitively. Why do we give blunt, lackluster answers? Well, why should we sugarcoat things? I enter a tournament with who I have the best chance of winning with. Doing everything possible (within tournament rules) to win.

I'm not here to be anyone's friend.
I'm not here to be nice.
I'm here to learn.

Why have you noticed a rising number of answers like that? Because all the new people who aren't competitive are getting washed out by people who are. This has been around for YEARS. We didn't appreciate scrubness and stupidity then, why would we appreciate it now? Rather, why should we pander to it?

The ACTUAL problem is...

People take things personally.

I don't know any of you. I don't care to meet any of you. I'll give you a direct answer. I don't care if I hurt your feelings. If someone told me I sucked, I'd just practice more.

What's the problem here?

The people who are offended when they are told the truth.

SwampFox

Smash Cadet
Doing your best is certainly well and fine, as well as other options that were put into the game as a specific way to combat others. For instance I wouldn't frown once over someone who repeatedly spikes another character to death, or outplays an opponent..

What made me want to actually post about this is lately I have been seeing A LOT about the Ness/Lucas chaingrab that supposedly destroys them. The chaingrab itself isn't what shocked me the most, but rather the responses to it. A tactic that as MANY others have stated is so easy the only prerequisite to doing it is to have fingers, should in my opinion by no means be a viable option to victory or to impress others at a tournament. I personally don't even play the characters who are in this predicament, so I have no big grudge or gripe about it being done against me..but rather against the mentality that is being used to justify this tactic, or any tactic similar to this..that people will do whatever they have to to win, even if it leaves a horrible taste in everyone's mouth.

The fact that a higher skilled player can be dominated by someone who is knowingly abusing something that by all means SHOULD NOT be in this game just turns my stomach. And by the number of responses by people who basically say "too bad get better" why not get better yourselves and not have to rely on such a trashy style? Why not learn how to play the game BETTER rather than trying to exploit it?

SwampFox

Smash Cadet
My main gripe is about the lack of want for skill, over doing whatever they can to win.
Someone who plays a specific character because of their brokenness, rather than play who they like and actually get good with them is the problem. It's basically an easy way out or a way to cut corners and I was just surprised at how many people think of it as an option.

I think everyone should play to win, and to do what it takes to win, but to an extent.

As for the person who responded before mentioning that these tactics enhance the gameplay.... not the one i'm referring to.
I'm all for discoveries or techniques that actually do enhance the gameplay, or make the game better. The one that I was referring to however does not in any way.

Twin Dreams

Smash Ace
My main gripe is about the lack of want for skill, over doing whatever they can to win.
Someone who plays a specific character because of their brokenness, rather than play who they like and actually get good with them is the problem. It's basically an easy way out or a way to cut corners and I was just surprised at how many people think of it as an option.

I think everyone should play to win, and to do what it takes to win, but to an extent.

As for the person who responded before mentioning that these tactics enhance the gameplay.... not the one i'm referring to.
I'm all for discoveries or techniques that actually do enhance the gameplay, or make the game better. The one that I was referring to however does not in any way.

Many players choose Character X because he/she/it is the best.

Because of the influx of Character X, everyone (including Character X players) must find a COUNTER for Character X. Character Y is now very good because it counters Character X. Now we have an influx of people who are good with X and Y. Because X is at a disadvantage against Y, people must find a counter against character Y. So, someone finds Character Z. Now we have X, Y, and Z.

Now we need one for Z!!!!

Oh yes, people only choosing one character is VERY detrimental.

If only 1 character is good in tournaments, the game will not reach a serious level and will die.

Where's the problem again?

Hizkit

Smash Apprentice
Nintendo should take out all characters except Jigglypuff and have everyone fight in epic DBZ wall of pain fights. But that's just what I think.

No, but really, all communities struggle from the same thing at one point or another. I can understand what you're saying Swamp, but the skilled will always come on top of the desperate; which the desperate will learn from.

People adapt and move on, much like Twin said. There's always going to be one lame trend or another sooner or later.

Ojanya

Smash Ace
Ignorant? No. Ignorance is you not seeing the Play to Win mentality. Oh, and what's this? You've been around a long time? Join date April?

By the way, "Play to Win" is not popping up RECENTLY. If you don't like Smashboards, by all means, leave.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'll get right to the point. I've been around these and others boards for some time now and have to say that the worst thing about Brawl, hands down, is you guys, me, the fan base. Now my gripe isn't the fact that most of us are jerks.. but most of us ARE jerks. I mean look at us..instead of helping newcomers, the majority of the time folks tell them they suck and to get better..well that's hardly a big issue but...
"The majority" you say? In what parallel universe?

I will only tell someone they suck if they obviously suck but think they're the ****.

I also find it rather disturbing that the majority of the Smash community has this sort of ignorant "Play to win" mentality. This has been popping up more recently as of late because of in game finds that deem certain character's unusable in certain match ups or situations, and the community rather than trying to think of positive feedback or ways to help tend to reply with blunt, lackluster responses.
I'm sorry, what? "Positive feedback"? "Ways to help"? Ways to help what? With overcoming insurmountable odds in a matchup that's clearly 10-0 or something like that?

Excuse me for not setting out on a fool's errand to try to find ways to make obvious Bottom Tier characters viable in tournament play.

It seems that a lot of the people who play Brawl are the type who enjoy exploitation in any way possible, and have no problem whatsoever in taking advantage of cheap tactics (always claiming that they play to win).
And this is where it becomes painfully obvious you're a scrub.

You have a problem with the community because many of us like to Play to Win and will do anything (that's not banned) in order to do so? Well, welcome to the world of Competitive Gaming. Pick a community, any community and you'll be seeing more of the exact same thing... in spades.

I'd caution you against taking up any game with a Competitive scene because they're all like this (woe is you!).

What's so wrong with playing to win? What's so wrong with not handicapping ourselves but not using legit strategies and techniques because, apparently, you deem them "cheap"? Who are you to dictate what's cheap and what's not, anyway?

So what is it that causes this community to act like a bunch of bratty kids, who only care about themselves and rarely about the game they play?
How are we not caring about the game we play by playing to win? Is Brawl some kind of Special Case where we need to play it "the way Sakurai wants us to play it" (because apparently he's some kind of deity)?

Now of course not everyone falls under this category, but most of you do. Don't you think that a better attitude towards making the game more enjoyable for everyone could help? Or should the Smash community remain how it is for the most part,Playing the role of the elitist whenever possible, and doing whatever it takes to win?
I don't care about what makes the game more enjoyable to you. The fact that I edgeguard should in no way make Brawl less enjoyable to you as long as we never go up against each other.

It's not my responsibility to change the way I play so that people like you can like Brawl better because, apparently, the mere existence of players like me are degenerating your enjoyment of the game.

Don't like the way some people play? Don't play against them.

This is not directed at any individuals, and I don't mean to try to start a flame-war or to troll..but I can only read so much crap before I stop and think about the majority of the people who play this game.. and how much better it could likely be if we didn't all suck so much.
Yes, Smashboards would indeed be much better if you didn't suck so much.

Don't be a scrub. Play the game whatever way you want to. Don't whine when others play it in different ways.

I've never met anyone who plays to lose.
I present to you: Swampfox.

Organous

Smash Apprentice
I think the point that's trying to be made here isn't about what hurts the tournament community, but the smash community as a whole. Of course while you are competing in a tournament or practicing for one, anyone should take advantage of everything that's legal in the tournament and there's no reason not to do so at those times. It pretty much gets to the debate of casual vs. serious play that's always been around, but what I've started to see is that the serious players are actually attacking the casual players mercilessly. That's not to say that the reverse doesn't happen either, but the attacks from the serious players seem to be more personal. Why shouldn't people take things personally when they are being personally attacked?

(not a quote, just a scenario)
"I think you suck, you fail at life, and you have no business playing this game. Get out of it, you horrible horrible loser. It's nothing personal, I'm just being honest." Honest, really? No, that's what the omfgrotflmaolulz community would say is "honest." I tend to call that an attack, and it doesn't have to use profanity or name-calling to be so. Like I said, I have not quoted anyone with that, but it definitely seems to be the attitude I'm seeing.

Anyway, what can be done about this? I have solutions for both sides, because both have committed their own crimes.
To the casual crowd, you have committed the original sin, perhaps without meaning to. This is the primary (I think) gathering of smash players online, and whenever that occurs, the best players are always going to exchange ideas trying to become better. These people are trying to become their best at tournaments, which are really going to keep the game alive for the community. Tournament players do not hurt the community, they are actually a strong supporter of it. They keep interest in the game, just on a different level. You need their strategies if you want to be competitive in any tournament, but if you just want to play with your friends, there's nothing wrong with doing so on your terms.
To the competitive crowd, recognize that the casual players are just trying to keep their game enjoyable. They're not really out to destroy you, and they certainly will never accomplish that. It's simply natural that people want to keep things to the spirit of the law rather than the letter of the law. Casual gamers keep the community alive, too, because no game is entirely about competition. It's about bringing people together and having fun. It's a different thing playing casually amongst friends than it is playing in a tournament unless all of your friends are also competitive people. Don't belittle them for wanting to keep the game lighthearted. Sure, we can help them get better (I'm certainly not competitive yet), but do so in a civil manner. If such people get aggressive and start attacking you for your tournament play, just let them be as you would a crazy old man on the street.

I hope this helps, because I'm late for work now. :p

SiegKnight

Smash Journeyman
most fanbases for anything - especially fighting games - are ridicolously pessimistic, useless at conversation and are borderline trolls in many situations if not a mile over the line. Seriously, don't let it bug you. You're a cut above the rest if you believe a kind outlook is desirable enough to make a non agitating thread trying to intelligently unify the general public into it

fighting games just have a thing of attracting not only logically immature people but very emotionally immature people. it isn't just those who get easily drawn into fights or let their feelings get hurt either - though they're 50% of it and probably the worse half - but the other half have little consideration or care for others feelings.

I come off as a bee with a sting often as a defense mechanism because I believe life is about caring for others and showing them the best path in both their heart and especially their brain, and doing it with as much kindness as you can allow. Since fighting games tend to attract the opposite of this you're generally not going to have a good time looking for it here, and its why I hypocritically and shamelessly act unreasonable often. However, you're a cut above even me if you think its feasable to try and fix it... So, do yourself a favor and don't let it bother you.

Just let it go man.

Kio Iranez

Smash Ace
Obviously, you will play any game to win because that is part of the objective. Your main gripe is that people shouldn't use "cheap" tactics, but instead, restrict themselves in their manner of playing.

Catering to the new players will deter them from getting better at all. That is why some people already won't get better. They aren't being challenged.

Doing everything you can to win is viable in a game where winning is the objective. The cruelty of the statement need not apply to a video game.

Not being able to play with a character because of a weakness of their's should not be a reason to blame the community anyway. If you are being insulted, that is the work of an individual, not everyone on these boards. Report them or something.

The game allows us certain liberties and we have to take them to win, before the other player does or in a better fashion than the other player.

All in all, if you're not good at a video game compared to others, there's a good reason for it. Don't try to cover it up by blaming the community or the game. Find out what it is (be it ingame or out) and fix it.

Unfortunately, in a lot of cases, people can't help you on how to fix that specific problem, so they'll just tell you to get better, plain and simple. This is no one one's fault, but a result of our existence. We can't stick around you all your life to find out what your problem is. If you can't handle it, you are the definition of immature. But again, if it's someone being needlessly rude (you suck, get better before you play with us, etc.), then they are wrong.

SiegKnight

Smash Journeyman
peer pressure can be ridicolously discouraging particularly in the upper echelons of gameplay in alot of fighters. I often step it up and feel empowered when encouraged as opposed to being bashed, often pull off nigh on super natural stuff in some games. I don't particularly understand why.

It explains why playing rude people is never a pleasure though. You'll never wanna take anything from the loss, and will get scared of losing, which is reasonable if you're interested in the game.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
The people who say crap like that are usually not very good themselves (or the rare super-*******). The "real" Competitive players welcome and nurture new players (if they're willing).

Don't blame the whole for something that a few do... especially when those few are hated by the whole.

Resident_Smash_Genius

Smash Journeyman
Hm, it's the internet. Also, not everyone here is a jerk, many of us try to help.

I also find it rather disturbing that the majority of the Smash community has this sort of ignorant "Play to win" mentality. This has been popping up more recently as of late because of in game finds that deem certain character's unusable in certain match ups or situations, and the community rather than trying to think of positive feedback or ways to help tend to reply with blunt, lackluster responses.
I'm sorry, I thought when you played competitively you wanted to win. Blunt lackluster responses? What? Do we have to sugarcoat things for you? We can't call them weapons of mass destruction, we have to call them wmd's. We can't say you have cancer we just say: you're sick. Sorry for the examples, but, there is no reason not to state the truth. There is no child left behind program for smash. We don't have to respect your feelings and treat you like an equal.

It seems that a lot of the people who play Brawl are the type who enjoy exploitation in any way possible, and have no problem whatsoever in taking advantage of cheap tactics (always claiming that they play to win). So what is it that causes this community to act like a bunch of bratty kids, who only care about themselves and rarely about the game they play?
Hey, you know what? If I want to abuse IC's chain grabs to help me win, I should be allowed to. I'm not telling you how to play am I?

I think you should stop generalizing and start realizing that it's not your place to tell others what to do or how to play. You want me to change so that you're more comfortable? Pffft.

Welcome to the internet, this is your first wake up call.

SiegKnight

Smash Journeyman
blaming it on being through digital communication is useless in a fighting game community as both offline (for meeting up and playing in the game proper) and online (names, general purpose gameplay research and finding tournaments) are heavily entwined... I don't mean in gameplay either.

maybe if this were 4chan and not a fighting game community.

EternalCrusade

Smash Journeyman
For the record, I play as Meta Knight because he's my favorite character. I chose to main him when he was first announced in the E3 trailer.

That being said, of ALL the things you could have pointed out or complained about the smash community, you decided to choose "playing to win is a bad thing"? I play to win at tournaments of course, because money is on the line and I want to be the best. I play for fun when I'm at my house or a friend's house just playing. I love Brawl and it's my favorite multiplayer and competitive game; I think you need to have a love for the game in order to better yourself.

And this "playing to win" is definently NOT a recent thing. People have been playing to win since Melee, since Smash 64, since the arcade Donkey Kong, since Pong, since Chess and Go, since man-kind was physically able to compete.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
I think the issue is he needs moar helps.
To the person who started this thread : the Character Discussion thread has certainly a lot more of a...friendly atmosphere then in General Discussion.
Plus, if you're looking for tips on a particular character, either ask around, I'm sure the majority of people wouldn't mind, or just watch some videos from the better players, and you can learn some things.
Seriously, making threads like these is going to land you in the **** with people, every time.

Naybewon

Smash Ace
I play competitively and I can get frustrated, but I don't flame a new player unless they say something so righteously stupid they make me wonder if I should or should not cry myself to sleep at night. For example, I played one person who tried to explain to me that tiers didn't exist. He honestly believed that. His favorite mode to play on (this was in Melee, mind you) was items on high, invincibility stars only, Pokefloats. Now that's fun maybe once, and I'll emphasize MAYBE. But after putting up with THAT and then having to listen to him "explain" to me why tiers don't exist...I just wanted to cut his throat.

I did say horrible things to him, after a point.

However, I tend to be pretty nice on these boards and I have seen a lot of both sides (flamers and "nice" people) Usually when someone flames a person, another member of the community will step in, tell the flamer to shove it, and answer the new person's question.

Maybe I've just lucked out and met people who don't suck.

For the record, I've also found that players at Smash tournaments showcase more sportsmanship than players of other games. I've been to a few Halo tournaments, for example, and there was no shaking of hands at the end of the match, no "good game", nothing, just swearing at each other. I'm cool with that, but in comparison to my experiences at Smash tournaments, Smash fans seem more polite. At least in person.

Kio Iranez

Smash Ace
People have a knack for pointing out bad things compared to good things. Good people go unnoticed a lot by the unappreciative.

"ALL YOU WANT IS MORE MORE MORE!!! *sob*"

Bud

Smash Journeyman
Yes, ive given up on the community. The melee-brawl debate is going nowhere and its all opinion. Its like trying to argue religion or taste in food or music. People here do nothing but try to prove you wrong and analyze every single word you type and never hesitate to quote and flame. The ones who say the game has no chance are jumping the gun and those who say its perfect don't understand the flaws (that doesn't mean they wont be overcome). People tell new people to the game that they suck as if when they started they were just as good as they are now. Most don't give newcomers correct representation of what smash is about (fun competitive play). The noobies are usually pretty young and have never had much chance to play smash and when they come on these boards to ask how to short hop they get told horrible things. Your use of the word elitist was wrong however, the people who are mean to other people on these boards are not the majority of the competitive players, it is the *******s who post here everyday and fill these boards with flames. I feel that that type of criticism is so unproductive that it is helping gimpyfish's thread, de-evolving the smash competitive scene.

edit: and no resident smash genius you should not be allowed to do the infinite chain grab, maybe for fun, but not at a competition. It is infinite, and only takes one grab ( and if you say "don't get grabbed" im going to blow my brains out, it breaks the game and IS EASIER than wobbling, the only harder part is you have to do it diff with different weighted characters, but that only takes a little practice and its memorized. It is not and accurate display of skill if you win, though yes you are playing like you want, it is cheap, easy, and unbeatable (unless you "dont get grabbed" .......BANG)

edit edit: yes i know kio, but he doesn't know better because hes probably a little kid, these boards will regain their competitive majority if the noobs are given enough time and information to get good at the game. Though I agree, I miss the melee community on these boards, we were so helpful and optimistic.

Kio Iranez

Smash Ace
@Bud:

Before Brawl, these boards were almost all competitive players. The type that likes to do their research. Now, when someone comes on here to ask how to short hop, it gets really frustrating.

Also, Wobbling was banned at Melee tourneys, so any "infinites" should be banned with Brawl as well. Though, I'm sure that when they are, scrubs can concoct another excuse for not being good. =|

Cookiez

Smash Ace
Grimmjow got Pwnt. This only further deepens my hatred towards Ichigo. He's like a gayer version of Ike...

Bud

Smash Journeyman
it was banned in many and most big tournys, maybe not at your friends house. Trust me, IC infi is worse, I've been perfecting it just to show its stupidity and am compiling a few 4-0 games showing it done in play, incase the debate continues.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
From what I've been hearing, wobbling actually wasn't banned at many Melee tourneys.
It was region-based. Some regions banned it, some didn't. The Smash Back Room eventually unbanned it universally, though.

But Brawl is a different game. A one-hit-into-infinite combo is now worth tons more than in Melee because of how the game engine's changed and how we'll looking at 3 stocks instead of 4.

Shoop70

Smash Apprentice
For the record...I didn't start playing competitively till about a year ago...until then I played casually.

I joined smashboards at about...summer of last year (I had a different account that wouldn't register for some reason). Before even thinking of posting anything I made sure I at least understood basics of terms and such. It really only required going to the Melee forums and viewing the various threads on terms and techs etc etc. I understand that this is a community for those who want to play competitively and I can understand the frustration of hearing people say "what's a john? lololololol." There is a thread with links to threads that have all that information. If people are serious about wanting to play competitively, they should at least understand basics that the OP's worked really hard to post and compile.

Also, I'm not saying because I looked up this stuff long before posting that I'm a prodigy or something that I've only been playing competitively for about a year...but it at least helped me not look like an idiot while posting questions or concerns.

I think the OP has good intentions...but really he has to understand how the original posters feel towards this influx of n00bs.

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
The most important thing to remember is just because you're serious and don't have to be nice doesn't mean you should be a raving ******* instead. :bee:

Many folks seem to forget that. :laugh:

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Oh If it's possesive it's just "I T S" but if it's a contraction than it's "I T apostrophe S"

Scallywag

SiegKnight

Smash Journeyman
LEAVE BRAWL ALOONEE, IT TOOK 2 YEARS TO COME OUT, GOT DELAYED A TON OF TIMES... SAKURAI'S A USER, A CHEATER, AND THEN BRAWL WENT THROUGH A NINTENDO TOP OF THE RANGE RELEASE BATTLE... AND ALL YOU PEOPLE CARE ABOUT ISs... L CANCEL, LESS LAGGY WIFI, AND MAKING MONEY OFF OF HER

SHE'S A VIDEOGAME!!!!!!

LEAAVE BRAWL ALOONEE... EHTRR... URRGHHH... HUEH....

LEAVE... BRAWL ALONE....

SAKURAI HASN'T PERFORMED ON STAGE IN YEARS

URGH... LEAVE SAKURAI ALOOOWNEE...

Resident_Smash_Genius

Smash Journeyman
Yes, ive given up on the community. The melee-brawl debate is going nowhere and its all opinion. Its like trying to argue religion or taste in food or music. People here do nothing but try to prove you wrong and analyze every single word you type and never hesitate to quote and flame.
You know I tried lighting a mtch to my cpu, but then I thought about how much I paid for it.

The ones who say the game has no chance are jumping the gun and those who say its perfect don't understand the flaws (that doesn't mean they wont be overcome). People tell new people to the game that they suck as if when they started they were just as good as they are now. Most don't give newcomers correct representation of what smash is about (fun competitive play). The noobies are usually pretty young and have never had much chance to play smash and when they come on these boards to ask how to short hop they get told horrible things. Your use of the word elitist was wrong however, the people who are mean to other people on these boards are not the majority of the competitive players, it is the *******s who post here everyday and fill these boards with flames.
Ok jethro, are you going to be the one to regulate the interent? "Play nice children." People will be stuipid here, and the newbies have to learn what to ignore.

I feel that that type of criticism is so unproductive that it is helping gimpyfish's thread, de-evolving the smash competitive scene.
What scene? Everyone's playing brawl but it's in it's infant stages.

edit: and no resident smash genius you should not be allowed to do the infinite chain grab, maybe for fun, but not at a competition. It is infinite, and only takes one grab ( and if you say "don't get grabbed" im going to blow my brains out, it breaks the game and IS EASIER than wobbling, the only harder part is you have to do it diff with different weighted characters, but that only takes a little practice and its memorized. It is not and accurate display of skill if you win, though yes you are playing like you want, it is cheap, easy, and unbeatable (unless you "dont get grabbed" .......BANG)
1. I never tell you how to play so DON'T tell me how to.

2. The infinite chain grab is in fact ment to be plural. There are many, many chain grabs, and not all of them are "inescapable". I didn't learn one grab, I learned 5.

3. Attack Nana, omfg it's so easy. After facing a good marth or snake, it's actually embarassing how easy it is. Especially if the IC's is desyncing regularly when attacking.

4. "Cheap" is a word that a scrub uses.

5. It ain't easy. It sure as hell isn't easy to do multiple types, avoid error all the time and approach.

6. Don't talk about the competitive scene if you don't even understand the basics.

Top Bottom