• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Post-Ultimate Mega Smash Poll - The poll is open!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hello everyone. Ever since Ultimate finished up, the Smash Bros fanbase has gone into a hiatus. The fanbase used to have frequent polling. Some would argue too much polling. But now that Ultimate has effectively stopped, we have only been able to talk about popularity in vague unsure terms.

My idea was to work on a series of polls. I want to truly find out who the most popular characters of the fanbase are. I want to find the most popular character requests for a new game.

And that's where this thread comes in. For a few months, I have been working on a poll for exclusively first party newcomers. It's essentially complete, but I would like some help before its made public.

1. I will need some beta testers. I have some already, but I would like some more. If you would be interested in it, please PM me about the inquiry.

2. I will need people to spread this poll around the internet. Reddit, Twitter, 4chan, Discord channels, you name it. I'm going to need tons of help with this. I would love volunteers with this as well especially. As many as can be.

3. The current goal will be 500 unique poll takers. Together, I'm sure we can get that going.

If this poll is a success, than I'll prepare polls for third party newcomers and even one for veterans. Do you want to help make this poll a success?

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Okay everyone! We've reached a very important milestone! We have reached over 110 votes for the poll! This is super exciting.

Maybe 500 unique votes isn't an impossibility after all.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yeah, we are really going to need help spreading this thing. Does anyone have twitter that they would be willing to post this on?

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Yeah, we are really going to need help spreading this thing. Does anyone have twitter that they would be willing to post this on?
I can try although only have a handful of followers that arent from the bot epidemic (bot follows & comments are pretty bad there right now) so probably wont get too far.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I can try although only have a handful of followers that arent from the bot epidemic (bot follows & comments are pretty bad there right now) so probably wont get too far.
Hey, any little bit helps. I'd appreciate any share.

Super Flygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Master_Zach
3DS FC
1289-8257-7574
Switch FC
SW-5750-9817-6593
I'll try to take a look at it tomorrow!

I'm thinking about doing another most wanted bracket after the next system gets officially shown off!

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Can I ask how the Zelda characters are doing? I’d like to know how many got only 1 vote
None of the Zelda characters got 1 vote. A few like Anju, Kafei and Dimitri the Dodongo have 2 though.

Zelda had some middling results for a while, but they just had a character barely lose out on the top ten mark.

Three Zelda characters are doing REALLY well. No points for guessing who.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
None of the Zelda characters got 1 vote. A few like Anju, Kafei and Dimitri the Dodongo have 2 though.

Zelda had some middling results for a while, but they just had a character barely lose out on the top ten mark.

Three Zelda characters are doing REALLY well. No points for guessing who.
Well it’s nice to know I’m not the only person who voted for them

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Just voted! Really great poll. Curious to see how things will play out in the end. When will the poll end?
I don't have a set time yet. I'm mainly hoping to get a certain amount of votes. 500 is the goal right now.

Top Bottom