• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Pond - Greninja General Discussion

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
i can't stop playing this character lol. he's way too much fun.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
forward crawl sound is glorious

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
That feeling when you Hydro Pump Push someone out of their Up-B and sit on the edge charging an F-Smash with this look on your face:
I live for that.

It took me 3 weeks of playing but I think I found my tourney main.

Iota

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2852-7054-7732
So after playing Wario and villager then on a whim deciding to play greninja I realize that greninja fits my play style so much. Nin-ja~ :happysheep:

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
when it's someone's first time seeing shadow sneak cancel aerial lag

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I will never tire of landing Shadow Sneak at high percents. Teleporting into people to kill them is just too much fun.

Thalassa

Smash Rookie
NNID
ILeviathan
3DS FC
2036-7739-1952
I feel like such a troll using Shadow Sneak against my friends because NONE of them are experienced smash players so they have no understanding of what's happening.

TehSharpie

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0817-4971-4822
Greninja a good
Still not sure if I'll make him main or strong secondary though. Both he and Sonic really fit my playstyle

Spirst

If anyone has the chance, try putting Sixfold X Speed, Agility Badge, and Speed Skater X Speed on Greninja. It's the funniest thing. His sliding usmash covers most of FD and his pivoted shuriken has some decent momentum for what it's worth. His jump is also extremely high.

Last edited:

Requiem

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I really, really hate stages without walls.
I honestly dislike stages with walls because I'm not yet used to wallcling existing, and walljumping happening so easily. Messes me up everytime because I don't know what to do haha.

Erionn

Smash Cadet
I honestly dislike stages with walls because I'm not yet used to wallcling existing, and walljumping happening so easily. Messes me up everytime because I don't know what to do haha.
The main thing I like is that normally when grabbing a ledge, inputting the opposite direction just lets go of the ledge with you facing the stage. If you do that on a stage with walls, Greninja does a very short wall jump away from the stage, so you can double jump into Bair back onto the stage. You can still let go of the ledge normally on stages with walls, but jumping in with Bair is so nice.

Another thing to be aware of is that hitting up while wall clinging will do a pretty high jump from the wall without using your double jump, which can be quite useful.

Last edited:

Jmacz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aWildJmacz
Thanks to reading posts on this forum, and practicing in slow motion against computers I've been able to turn it around in For Glory. I can now consistently string u-air's which I sucked at before, I'm actually getting kills with my f-air because I've finally got the timing down. Now all I have to work on is Hydro Pump gimping, still not to good at that though I do have a few nice ones and I got my first top of the screen kill with it today to.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Just like I made it my life's mission to land disrespectful Marth dair spikes in Melee/Brawl/Project M, my new life's mission is to kill all the things with Hydro Pump/Hydro Pump setups.

I'm supposed to be re-learning old mains and dabbling with new guys and here I am looking at another night of ninja training.

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
Hey guys. I'm probably going to be hanging around, even if it's just to keep an eye on metagame development and pick up new tricks. I primarily roll with Dedede but Greninja is so much fun, so I've been using him a lot. The two are almost polar opposites but they complement each other really well. Seem to cover matchups nicely. The craziness you can get into with Shadow Sneak and Hydro Pump keep me coming back for more, and I'm a lifelong Pokemon fan. Chose Chespin in X though, and I stand by my choice even though I love Froakie, too.

TehSharpie

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0817-4971-4822
The main thing I like is that normally when grabbing a ledge, inputting the opposite direction just lets go of the ledge with you facing the stage. If you do that on a stage with walls, Greninja does a very short wall jump away from the stage, so you can double jump into Bair back onto the stage. You can still let go of the ledge normally on stages with walls, but jumping in with Bair is so nice.

Another thing to be aware of is that hitting up while wall clinging will do a pretty high jump from the wall without using your double jump, which can be quite useful.
Agreed. Wall clinging near the ledge gives Greninja some more recovery options. Spacing it with just the last hit leads to some nice follow ups as well.

Also, love your avi. Maki a best.

Gah777

Smash Lord
Back after a long break from Smash and decided to pick this guy up as a potential Main. Also, quick question for those of you with the little heads of characters in your sig: How do you get those there?

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Has anyone completed Classic with Greninja at 9.0? What's your strategy for it?

Sneak Frog

Smash Cadet
NNID
Scrappert
Has anyone completed Classic with Greninja at 9.0? What's your strategy for it?
All I did was put on two big attack badges and one big defense badge for equipment, then just proceeded to dair Master Core all day. Though be a little cautious when doing it on its sword phase. Although you could also get the humanoid form heavily damaged with some up smashes.

Spirst

So, in an effort to spur conversation, I have a question. I've noticed that Greninja is consistently cited as being one of the top characters in the game alongside Sheik, ZSS, and so forth. Do you guys think this is justified? Does anyone see this still being a thing even within one year? Speculatory, of course, but interesting.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
the only character i think he's worse than for sure is Sheik

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Hey fellow Smashers. We just opened up the Match-up thread on the Lucina board, and while the game is new and the meta-game is incredibly young, we decided to get a head start and update things as the game evolves. On that note, the RNG calculator chose Greninja as our first discussion and we would appreciate any input you guys have on the match-up! Come help us out!

elusiveTranscendent

Smash Lord
NNID
elusiveTranscend
3DS FC
2105-8699-9997
Is this the place where we get to gush about the sugoi ninja froggie? Cause if so, yesssssssss. Yessssssssssssssssss.
Greninja sounds like a dork.

Greninja is a dork.

Water/Dork.
Greninja is the cutest dork ever.

Just how can you not like the ninja disco frog???

mightychir

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0387-9912-4573
Is this the place where we get to gush about the sugoi ninja froggie? Cause if so, yesssssssss. Yessssssssssssssssss.

Greninja is the cutest dork ever.

Just how can you not like the ninja disco frog???
Greninja feels awkward...and naked without his tongue as his scarf hahaha

mightychir

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0387-9912-4573
He looks derpy as hell without it. He looks derpy as hell whenever his actual mouth shows.
I like how his eyes closed makes him more derpy/friendly looking no matter what haha. I don't know if you played X/Y, but using Poke-Amie on him really contradicts to that whole "cool ninja" feel haha.

elusiveTranscendent

Smash Lord
NNID
elusiveTranscend
3DS FC
2105-8699-9997
I like how his eyes closed makes him more derpy/friendly looking no matter what haha. I don't know if you played X/Y, but using Poke-Amie on him really contradicts to that whole "cool ninja" feel haha.
Ye. I'm pretty sure I spent like the first five hours I had the game mainly playing Amie and Super Training after getting a little bit into the main story. That's a badly worded sentence, but I'm too tired to reword that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom