• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Pokedex of Hitboxes and **** (now with BIIIIIIIG *** pics)

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
how big are our hitboxes, exactly???

what are our safe zones???

how **** is reverse stutter step zard fsmash???

all of these questions will be answered when this is done

this is all i have for now, i've been busy with school and work lately but i will get this done eventually

to do list:

bullet seed neutral stances

squirtle ftilt for miles

find a way to semi consistently get glancing blows on vertical hitboxes

finish charizard

if you want to help, be my guest. you need to do this on sandbag since he doesn't move and won't screw up your info. this is way easier with hacks on for wifi training room and advancing one frame at a time

click on the pictures to view it on a larger scale

Charizard

Jab 1

Jab 2
Picture is missing because it has less range than Jab 1, so it's fairly difficult (if not impossible) to space the sandbag to hit #2 but not #1.

Jab 3 (tap the attack button)

Jab 3 (hold the attack button)

Down Tilt

Down Smash (in front of Charizard)

Down Smash (behind Charizard)

Forward Smash (frame precise reverse Stutter Step)

Squirtle

Jab 1

Ivysaur

Bullet Seed (grounded, in front)

Bullet Seed (grounded, behind)

Bullet Seed (aerial, in front)
forthcoming, the max range is between the aerial behind hitbox and the grounded behind hitbox

Bullet Seed (aerial, behind)

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
dtilt has only very slightly less range in front of zard than dsmash does

lol

actually, looking back at the pictures, it's very hard to tell because the angle slightly differs

point is that dtilt *****

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
These are fantastic diagram thingies.

This should be the standard for hitbox data from now on. Even with the oddly cut out duplicate Charizards.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
well the duplicate zards are to give you an idea of how much space you can cover from a neutral stance

for example, the thought process you should use is 'in 8 frames, i can cover *this* much space in front of zard with dtilt'

they are cut out weird because i suck at GIMP

Tesh

Smash Hero
I have prayed long and hard for a thread like this on the PT boards. I am now on my way to becoming a Pokemon Master.

Browny

Smash Hater
Interesting...

Although I'm not clear on what these pictures are exactly showing here, is it the range of the attack, or something else as well? The shadowed area around the character seems rather redundant when you have the two images overlapping, you can clearly see his initial position.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
the main point is to show you the precise range of the attack to help you compare attacks and help you memorize your character's spacing. the shadowed area is where i cut out the picture for the neutral stance :p

the pictures are actually pretty huge, i had to cut them down to thumbnail size. click on them to see them in their full glory. i could maybe get retro to reorganize two more posts under the original and separate the pictures by pokemon!

edit alright so bullet seed is really frustrating but i've found that aerial bullet seed has slightly more range than the grounded version, and the hitbox behind ivysaur has more range than the one in front for both versions

i've got the glancing blow pictures but i forgot to take the ones of ivy in a neutral stance -________________- i'll put them up in the meantime

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
the pictures are actually pretty big so i made them thumbnails. if you don't mind scrolling through all of it, i can edit the post to have them original size. i am almost late for class so i will do this tonight!

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
While it may be asking too much, do you think you could try having a general colored area for what would be fairly-accurate in assuming where the hitbox is?

Bullet Seed's area above and below Ivysaur, if at all, would benefit greatly from such a thing.

Browny

Smash Hater
If bullet seed hits from the range those images show, does it still drag you into the actual bullet seed? So the characters hurtbox is only barely touching the spark...

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
If bullet seed hits from the range those images show, does it still drag you into the actual bullet seed? So the characters hurtbox is only barely touching the spark...
It still attempts to, yeah. Good DI will always prevent it from putting you in the center of Bullet Seed, but Frame 4 is hard to see coming, after all. It's probably easier to avoid via DI in that way, though.

IThinkAboutIvysaur

Smash Apprentice
Nice tread but those pictures are way to small. JK.

JK about the size of the pictures, not about the tread. =P

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
How depressing. Apparently, Bullet Seed's hitbox is a horizontal line where the shockwave is and not anywhere above him, and MAYBE a little underneath him...It's not as potentially amazing as I thought, but now we can start thinking about what moves it would solidly counter.

Miles.

Smash Champion
How depressing. Apparently, Bullet Seed's hitbox is a horizontal line where the shockwave is and not anywhere above him, and MAYBE a little underneath him...It's not as potentially amazing as I thought, but now we can start thinking about what moves it would solidly counter.
Im serious, Oos Bulletseed too good.

Top Bottom