• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The PM Player Locator Project

Angrycuban

Smash Journeyman
Why would you ever go by Ryan if you can be Angry Cuban?

Also, what's your avatar?
Hehe I dunno, guess responding to Angrycuban would be a bit odd irl, especially since I'm not an angry person in the slightest lol, and yeah someone already said it, but it's mikasa Ackerman from attack on Titan, best anime of all time in my opinion

Last edited:

MrLogandude

Smash Rookie
There is a growing interest of Project M in Fort Smith, Fayetteville, and Rogers Arkansas (Northwest Arkansas). I know there is some for Central Arkansas, but I am unaware of the amount of players and exactly if groups and meetups are forming. I am in Fayetteville. I have had and been to meetups with PM. I may know more about it after our first PM tournament with Central players coming (Melee is there too so I don't know how many play PM). I can try to make a 2nd post.

Edit: I accidentally didn't finish my sentence. 2/3/14
Me and my roommates go to UCA in Central Arkansas. Any idea on the number of players here and how to get a hold of them ?

BigglesWorth

Smash Apprentice
Me and my roommates go to UCA in Central Arkansas. Any idea on the number of players here and how to get a hold of them ?
You can get in touch with a lot of people at Arkansas Smash Society Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/285926091523241/

Just make a post. I know of several people trying to make contact in Conway. There is a tournament coming up in Little Rock soon as well (the link should be posted on the page). We will be having another Melee Waylay the month after that as well.
You can also Personal Message me or like the Melee Waylay Facebook page to get in touch quite a few in Fayetteville and Fort Smith.
facebook.com/meleewaylay

There are crews at U of A Fayetteville, NWACC, Arkansas Tech, U of A Fort Smith, Hendrix, and UALR if I am not mistaken and a lot of them play PM. You can ask around the group. I can try to get a hold of few people as well if you would want that. There is still an older group that plays Melee in LR and maybe a few of them might play PM on the side.

That's how to get a hold of people: Go to Facebook, make a post about meetups for conway, and go to tournaments (the one in LR and Melee Waylay for right now). There is another possibility for a few conventions to start trying to do Smash but I don't know if that will go anywhere.

As for numbers: We are looking at around 6 to 8 scenes with around a dozen people plus a lot of extra interest. So as for a guestimate for PM, it would be around 40 to 50 people who play regularly to varying degrees of skill and there could be another 30 to 40 depending if you count people who have played with friends and would be interested in a scene for PM. That I am aware of; there is of course more.

Edit: Clarifying numbers and missed a college to state.

Last edited:

Waite

Smash Cadet
NNID
Rumpojec
Bangor, ME, here.

For local Smash stuff around here, all I've really found is the MFGA. Decent bunch of fellas, more into SF4 than Smash, but we're getting there.

McD

Smash Journeyman
Pickering Ontario, Canada

This is awesome!

Last edited:

Wrestlemania

The Steel Chair
Bangor, ME, here.

For local Smash stuff around here, all I've really found is the MFGA. Decent bunch of fellas, more into SF4 than Smash, but we're getting there.
There was 2 Tourneys held at the University last semester we had out of staters and some veterans like Boxman and Dazwa, get in the loop.

TheFadedWarrior

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MortifiedPanda
That moment when when you realize you might just be one of the only Project M players in your entire state...

Ogden, UT

Wrestlemania

The Steel Chair
Nice! I had no idea, is there an online group I can keep track of events that pop up there?
Unfortunately, no there is not I am hoping to get things more organized when I start going to school again in the fall. Make sure at least to join the New England Melee group.

Burning Boom

Smash Apprentice
Right now I live in a small town in the middle of nowhere (name is St. Augustine, Quebec, Canada for the nobody that will recognize it), but in a few months I move to Montreal, Quebec Canada.

Top Bottom